Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What kind of cocoon are you in right now?
This poll is closed.
bitterness and resentment 501 25.13%
the one from Final Fantasy 13 275 13.79%
buttered mess of resent mints 159 7.97%
TRUEMP 126 6.32%
the liberal media bubble 273 13.69%
hell 660 33.10%
Total: 1994 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Al! posted:

im still going to vote and you should too because im pragmatic but im starting to think the ones who don't actually have the moral high ground here

what are they gonna do with the moral high ground, not drown in piss?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How is Baltimore south

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

my prediction for the election

house : 450-2 gop advantage
senate 104-7 gop advantage

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Al! posted:

im still going to vote and you should too because im pragmatic but im starting to think the ones who don't actually have the moral high ground here

:thunkher:

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

wanna drown in piss

chird
Sep 26, 2004

It is already November for us GMT+8 rubberneckers.

Man, that Jack Burkman press conference was wild, wat a twist!

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

juche avocado posted:

it's a real spelling for a word that signals the user is either joking or themselves an idiot and it's good

(that said is it actually true it's never been magick???)

Uhh language evolves u reactionary fuddy duddy

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The moral high ground is to not vote and simply wait for death

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

juche avocado posted:

what are they gonna do with the moral high ground, not drown in piss?

i dont care, but i mean they have the moral high ground on those article writers

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Al! posted:

nah

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

:hmmyes:

the dems scream DEATH

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

juche avocado posted:

it's a real spelling for a word that signals the user is either joking or themselves an idiot and it's good

(that said is it actually true it's never been magick???)

crowley used the word magick to distinguish occultism from stage magic, tho its use in occultism goes back to agrippa

PoopOnaShoe
Apr 14, 2009

euphronius posted:

my prediction for the election

house : 450-2 gop advantage
senate 104-7 gop advantage

thx nate, you are the best good math

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
my other prediction for the election is that stephen joseph scalise will not get his dick, balls, taint back

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Lastgirl posted:

donald trump is hot dog poo poo garbage

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Nonsense posted:

interest rate rises have killed condo building so yeah Donny mad at the FED and will fire the chairman first thing Wed.

Condo developers are also sitting on a bunch of property because everyone that can afford a 1000 sq ft place for 3 million dollars either already has one or doesn't want one

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Is grevious good

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

euphronius posted:

it’s never been “magick”

that is a fake spelling

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
please don't insult delicious hot dogs

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Cao Ni Ma posted:

good thing time doesn't exist and death is certain

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
https://twitter.com/jandrewpotter/status/1057639312727130113
https://twitter.com/jandrewpotter/status/1057639796850470912
https://twitter.com/jandrewpotter/status/1057640288171278337

i'll roll the dice on our new alien overlords, can't get much worse than the wealth lich overlords we have now.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

How is Baltimore south

Flag of MD has the red and white heraldry of the pro confederate MD soldiers in it. And a huge part of MD culture from that area is Southern as well. The north/south cultural and heraldic stuff of the DC area is a mess and not as clear cut as it's taught in history books.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Al! posted:

No one who posts here has the moral high ground, we're all wallowing in the mud like swine

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

this has been big news here in the DC area (because the University of Maryland is located just outside DC) and I keep misreading this coach's name as DJ Dunkin and imagining him spinning the donuts on the wheels o' steel. well that's my story

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1057668869907771397

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Al! posted:

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
a nice warm hot dog with some 'chup and 'stard is almost as good as the president of the united states

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Man, I can't wait go vote for some succ dems in my R +30 district. A good use of my time and fair expression of my voice.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Someone replace this man's head with Chuck Schumer's this is important

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
im going to do what i do every election which is drive around and asking peopel if they voted yet. if they havent i offer them a ride, and if they get in i lock the doors and drive off a cliff

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 59 minutes!

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

euphronius posted:

it’s never been “magick”

that is a fake spelling

m’lady

Eleven Eleven
Nov 12, 2016

Al! posted:

The fewer people who vote the less confidence people will have in the system. The less confidence in the system, the faster we speed towards collapse. The outcome of that collapse, at best, will be the deaths of tens of thousand people and the balkanization of the United States. The worst and most likely possible outcome is fascist dictatorship.

There is no moral high ground in abstaining from voting.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
sinema did used to at least play at being good, but loving lol at leftist radicals phil bredesen and clair mccaskill

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

How is Baltimore south

maryland secessionists were the worst and maryland itself would've likely seceded as well but for Ol' Abby Lincoln suspending habeas corpus with his magic(k)al president powers and arresting w/o trial secessionists in the state

"the history channel dot com posted:

Federal judge Roger Taney, the chief justice of the Supreme Court (and also the author of the infamous Dred Scott decision), issued a ruling that President Lincoln did not have the authority to suspend habeas corpus. Lincoln didn’t respond, appeal, or order the release of Merryman. But during a July 4 speech, Lincoln was defiant, insisting that he needed to suspend the rules in order to put down the rebellion in the South.

Five years later, a new Supreme Court essentially backed Justice Taney’s ruling: In an unrelated case, the court held that only Congress could suspend habeas corpus and that civilians were not subject to military courts, even in times of war.

lol

it's likely that dc would've been taken in this case, and probably the war lost, lol

also half the maryland flag is a secessionist emblem woot

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 362 days!
imagining aliens meeting trumnp

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

There's nothing I want more in this, the age of TRUMP, than "aliens"

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Vox Nihili posted:

No one who posts here has the moral high ground, we're all wallowing in the mud like swine

this doesn't contradict Al!'s statement

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

tenderjerk posted:

imagining aliens meeting trumnp

Same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

imagine trump meeting the romulan ambassador in singapore or wherever :swoon: