Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Alchenar posted:

I mean I get there are a load of elements thrown into the mix, but when one of those elements is explicitly Nazi Germany I don't think there's any way to disentangle that from 'these are the bad guys'.

Let’s turn this around then, who are the good guys? Not the northern kingdoms certainly - I’d go with Saskia’s place but dunno what even happened to them post w2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Avalerion posted:

Let’s turn this around then, who are the good guys? Not the northern kingdoms certainly - I’d go with Saskia’s place but dunno what even happened to them post w2.

Nobody, some people are just less bad

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Cavill needs to go to the barber and select the "shaved sides with a ponytail" option rather than the "long and loose" option.

Definitely hoping they'll add scars, pale skin, and the cat eyes.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Andrast posted:

Nobody, some people are just less bad

My favorite ruler is still the sister loving lovable but incompetent Foltest.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Unfortunately I assume with a Netflix budget they'll go the route of not having to spend hours dressing their expensive star up in heavy makeup for every shot, but we'll see.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Tender Bender posted:

Unfortunately I assume with a Netflix budget they'll go the route of not having to spend hours dressing their expensive star up in heavy makeup for every shot, but we'll see.

Cavill should method act this poo poo and never take off the makeup and grow his hair out long and really dye it.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Lmao he looks straight out of a cheesy eighties metal band.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I was expecting him to say something appropriately badass corny. Came off a bit awkward.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

The Warhammer fantasy setting is full of racist and colonialist tropes, but one thing I always really liked is that the faction that rules fantasy north america are leisure obsessed slave-and-warmongering racists with a really unhealthy relationship to sex.

Wait, who's North America in warhammer?

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
He's too pretty and now he looks like a Tolkien movie elf

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I'm saying it: Witcher 1 Geralt > Cavill Geralt (Cavalt?)

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

"that's not witcher daddy"

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
A white beard and some scars would really help. Hopefully this is just a rough draft of the final look.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

A white beard and some scars would really help. Hopefully this is just a rough draft of the final look.

They probably won't be adding a beard, he doesn't really have one til w3

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

They probably won't be adding a beard, he doesn't really have one til w3

Yeah, but his canonical look isn't really that important. A short white beard would make him look more grizzled and therefore more Geralty.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Lol, that looks like Cawill on set of Superman wearing a dollar store Halloween costume of Harald, the Witchman

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

After looking at it a couple times the capping is pretty bad for his wig too

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
They at least really need to give him creepier contact lenses if they're not going to spend time on makeup. He just looks like, some guy.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Quote-Unquote posted:

Wait, who's North America in warhammer?

Dark elves. But I've mostly heard them described as "WH Canada".
Mexico/South America is way cooler though..

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Something I hadn't been concerning myself with until now and seeing Cavalt is...his voice. The game voice actors do a great job of making Geralt's voice "unpleasant" which is how it's described in the books. I can't see Cavill doing a good Geralt voice, and don't really want him to try to grit it up either. I'm conflicted. Guys, help me. Tell me it's going to be ok.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
More importantly, what is he drinking in the clip?

My money is on straight White Gull, no potion. He's gonna need to be hammered to get through this trainwreck.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

chaosapiant posted:

Something I hadn't been concerning myself with until now and seeing Cavalt is...his voice. The game voice actors do a great job of making Geralt's voice "unpleasant" which is how it's described in the books. I can't see Cavill doing a good Geralt voice, and don't really want him to try to grit it up either. I'm conflicted. Guys, help me. Tell me it's going to be ok.

It's going to be better than the Hexer.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

alex314 posted:

Dark elves. But I've mostly heard them described as "WH Canada".
Mexico/South America is way cooler though..

Oooh yeah. Only warhams thing I've done in decades is the RPG, which doesn't have dark elves (or lizardmen, to continue your Central/South America point)

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Fuzz posted:

More importantly, what is he drinking in the clip?

My money is on straight White Gull, no potion. He's gonna need to be hammered to get through this trainwreck.

Obviously he's tripping balls on Black Gull. Witchers love to sit around hallucinating with some Black Gull. It's weed for Witchers.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

It's going to be better than the Hexer.

As bad as that show is/was, it got a live action Geralt pretty well.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

chaosapiant posted:

As bad as that show is/was, it got a live action Geralt pretty well.

He also had a beard.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

chaosapiant posted:

It's gonna suck rear end lol

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Just saw this updated cast list on Reddit. Dandelion dude looks the part at least:

Edit: also the actress playing Triss is an interesting choice

Joey Batey - Jaskier (Dandelion),

Lars Mikkelsen - Stregobor,

Royce Pierreson – Istredd,

Maciej Musia³ - Sir Lazlo,

Wilson Radjou-Pujalte - Dara,

Anna Shaffer – Triss,

Rebecca Benson - Marilka

Shane Attwooll - Nohorn

Luke Neal - Vyr

Matthew Neal - Nimir

Tobi Bamtefa - Danek

Sonny Serkis - Martin

Roderick Hill - Fletcher

Inge Beckmann - Aridea

Charlotte O’Leary - Tiffania

Natasha Culzac - Toruviel

Amit Shah - Torque

Tom Canton - Filavandrel

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

They need to delay it some more and have the actor grow his real hair out. That wig looks cheap af.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

This Netflix show is gonna loving blow and this Sears catalogue looking motherfucker isn't helping.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

chaosapiant posted:

Just saw this updated cast list on Reddit. Dandelion dude looks the part at least:

Joey Batey - Jaskier (Dandelion),

Lars Mikkelsen - Stregobor,

Royce Pierreson – Istredd,

Maciej Musia³ - Sir Lazlo,

Wilson Radjou-Pujalte - Dara,

Anna Shaffer – Triss,

Rebecca Benson - Marilka

Shane Attwooll - Nohorn

Luke Neal - Vyr

Matthew Neal - Nimir

Tobi Bamtefa - Danek

Sonny Serkis - Martin

Roderick Hill - Fletcher

Inge Beckmann - Aridea

Charlotte O’Leary - Tiffania

Natasha Culzac - Toruviel

Amit Shah - Torque

Tom Canton - Filavandrel

Wrong Mikkelson in the wrong role!

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

One thing I really want to see from the show is an adaptation of the short story "A Lesser Evil." The scene where Geralt butchers 7 men in under a minute while the commoners are dumbstruck and frightened is one of the best moment's in Geralt's story from a character development and badassery stand-point.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Lol cosplayers look better

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

chaosapiant posted:

Reddit is handling it predictably.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
The show is gonna be bad in the worst ways, like Geralt choosing triss

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Came here to post the screen test and watch the :dramabomb: but only got to do the second half!
:munch:

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Hobo Clown posted:

Reddit is handling it predictably.

What’s their issue? Googled her and can only think of “not a redhead” and she’ll presumably dye it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Avalerion posted:

What’s their issue? Googled her and can only think of “not a redhead” and she’ll presumably dye it.

She's not white enough

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

chaosapiant posted:

One thing I really want to see from the show is an adaptation of the short story "A Lesser Evil." The scene where Geralt butchers 7 men in under a minute while the commoners are dumbstruck and frightened is one of the best moment's in Geralt's story from a character development and badassery stand-point.

This reminds me of how the Castlevania Netflix show is at least 75% just a Witcher anime. The first season at least, haven't seen the second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Andrast posted:

She's not white enough

The gently caress? This is her, right?