Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What kind of cocoon are you in right now?
This poll is closed.
bitterness and resentment 501 25.13%
the one from Final Fantasy 13 275 13.79%
buttered mess of resent mints 159 7.97%
TRUEMP 126 6.32%
the liberal media bubble 273 13.69%
hell 660 33.10%
Total: 1994 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

shovelbum posted:

How could the war have been lost? Move the capital beyond the Urals and rely on superior industry and population. The CSA literally had no chance to win a total war against a larger and more industrialized nation.

lol seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Shook Nate shilling for peanut butter cups when everyone knows that minature peanut butter cups are the superior snack

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i would have never expected the "day the earth stood still" ending for humanity but well.... there it is

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

MysteriousStranger posted:

Flag of MD has the red and white heraldry of the pro confederate MD soldiers in it. And a huge part of MD culture from that area is Southern as well. The north/south cultural and heraldic stuff of the DC area is a mess and not as clear cut as it's taught in history books.

The state song also has a shout out to murdering Lincoln, and the state was more or less forced to be part of the Union at gun point.

That said I grew up around Baltimore and have lived in Georgia for like a decade, and Maryland is definitely not "the south". Maybe to someone from Vermont or LA I dunno.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
donald trumps preference of aliens is cardassians > ferengi > romulans > klingons > vulcans > guy who took wesley crusher

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

Shook Nate shilling for peanut butter cups when everyone knows that minature peanut butter cups are the superior snack

milkey way should be 1 with Twix

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

LMAO (((voting machines)))

https://twitter.com/kendallbreitman/status/1057668885435088901?s=21

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Joementum posted:

this is what's going to happen when the aliens come

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6bm05ur0HQ

is that fuckin bryan huskey???? i didn't realize the new series owned that much

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
the full peanut butter cup has the superior pb to chocolate ratio you fools, you absolute jokes

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

tacodaemon posted:

alexandra petri is getting some hilariously befuddled twitter responses to this column

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1057662860732624896

Okay, this one might have for reals doxxed a third of Something Awful and half of D&D and C-SPAM:

the article posted:

Rory, 26: I am deeply upset with the solutions my party proposes, and I do not believe in incremental change. Look, if I voted for someone who only imperfectly represented my beliefs, people might be confused and think this was what I wanted, and I have no other way of letting them know than by waiting for the ideal candidate. Then you will see! You’ll all see!

PoopOnaShoe
Apr 14, 2009
As a black trump supporter, one who retconned far more trump rallies than you have I...

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
the only correct answer

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

DryGoods posted:

the full peanut butter cup has the superior pb to chocolate ratio you fools, you absolute jokes

That's it, I'm coming over there :ese:

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

PostNouveau posted:

look at this cuck who snacks on candy instead of making candy a full meal

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

PostNouveau posted:

What the gently caress is with Americans and peanut butter in their fuckign candy

This country deserves ti all

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Marx Headroom posted:

Foreign recognition and aid, same way we kicked out the Brits. That's why Lee kept invading the North.

southerners put massive tariffs on cotton to put pressure on London...then the British just set up the entire KING COTTON operation in India x10 and decided to tell a slave state to gently caress off

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

tacodaemon posted:

alexandra petri is getting some hilariously befuddled twitter responses to this column

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1057662860732624896

so having no system, rather than a broken system, is better

:mmyes:

thank you andy

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

📽📽📽📽📽📽📽📽📽📽📽📽📽📽

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

DryGoods posted:

fake news, fake pb

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

thinking about how great my 401k is doing while having my citizenship stripped and being deported to ???

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I guess I never realized how fail maryland is

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Al! posted:

is that fuckin bryan huskey???? i didn't realize the new series owned that much

the new series only has two good episodes, but that's one of them

it's literally "the x-files does hypernormalization" to the point that there's a fake adam curtis documentary in it

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

My friend's mom used to make awesome homemade Reese's.

I like watching the Great British Bake Off. The judges are always completely baffled and extremely skeptical of peanut butter, like not thinking pb+chocolate will work, or pb+ jelly

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

counterpoint: Our dumb fat president could not keep this a secret unless he had somehow already done crimes about it.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

I guess I never realized how fail maryland is

It'd be great if not for all the awful people

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Reese’s set up vending machines to deposit lovely candy in them to trade for Reese’s cups

Eleven Eleven
Nov 12, 2016

dont be mean to me posted:

The faster we speed toward collapse.

Do you have a proposal for preventing the collapse?

It is okay if all you want to do is give people time to prepare to survive the collapse.

What I want:

1. Have time to prepare to survive the collapse.
2. Increase the likelihood of a balkanization outcome rather than a military dictatorship outcome.
3. Make sure that California has enough resources to annex Oregon, Nevada and Washington in the event of balkanization so I don't get murdered by White Supremacists.
4. ???
5. Profit

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

kit kat bars are loving garbage and Reese’s pieces are the best candy ever made

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 354 days!

Not a Children posted:

What the gently caress is with Americans and peanut butter in their fuckign candy
i personally like the risk that i could choke on the thickness of the peanut butter at any given time

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

brugroffil posted:

My friend's mom used to make awesome homemade Reese's.

I like watching the Great British Bake Off. The judges are always completely baffled and extremely skeptical of peanut butter, like not thinking pb+chocolate will work, or pb+ jelly

did u see the one where they made the exotic "CHURROS"

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/AricToler/status/1057651353215004674

this kids a fuckin superspy

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Not a Children posted:

A good example of how only America understands the superiority of peanut butter

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Not a Children posted:

look america is a poo poo hole nation, but one thing we do right is junk food and i won't have you besmirch Reese's Cups you loving some-other-country cuck, i will go full MAGA and die on this hill

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

lol

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

tenderjerk posted:

i personally like the risk that i could choke on the thickness of the peanut butter at any given time

thicc

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

PostNouveau posted:

ddue who loving likes kitskats and loving snickers and loving milky ways? what the gently caress??all american fast chocolate big candy indsustry or w/e is utter garbage with super lovely caramel or lovely stale wafers. reeses are the one shining light since peanut butter and chocolate work really well. trader joes sells the superior dark chocolat epeanut butter (mini) cups tho and blows reeses away

also gently caress 3 musketeers and rolos

nerds are also a top 3 candy easily and skittles/sour are up there instead of fuckin milky ways

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

Joementum posted:

the new series only has two good episodes, but that's one of them

it's literally "the x-files does hypernormalization" to the point that there's a fake adam curtis documentary in it

been doing an x-files watchthrough but i'm stuck in season 7 and not feeling it anymore. i may just skip to the 2nd movie than the new seasons

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Al! posted:

i would have never expected the "day the earth stood still" ending for humanity but well.... there it is

my only hope is that an alien civilization concerned with preserving life in the universe is coming to sort things out, which seems more likely because one who would just be coming to kill us and strip mine the planet for resources would just have to wait a little while longer.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

ytrupom

• Locked thread