Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I'm actually surprised Malek does a good job as Freddie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

There's a funny documentary on that called Water, water memory theory is a pretty underrated idea.

Baby Shark is good, I never even heard the Daddy Finger song before and looking at search results, I'm glad of it.

In my extremely good high school education the teacher once put on What The gently caress Do We Know sight unseen assuming it was about critical thinking or something. She realized her mistake around the time the water memory stuff came up and then scrambled to shut it off once it started talking about how Native Americans were physically incapable of seeing boats or something.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

There's a funny documentary on that called Water, water memory theory is a pretty underrated idea.

Baby Shark is good, I never even heard the Daddy Finger song before and looking at search results, I'm glad of it.

Daddy finger and its variants are the absolute worst

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
I don't know what "Daddy Finger" is, but it sounds like those who experience it will need therapy.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
In case you missed it, here's a new free official Undertale game

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

DeimosRising posted:

Daddy finger and its variants are the absolute worst

I never heard it until that big article last year about algorithmically generated YouTube videos for kids and now it haunts me.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

RBA Starblade posted:

In my extremely good high school education the teacher once put on What The gently caress Do We Know sight unseen assuming it was about critical thinking or something. She realized her mistake around the time the water memory stuff came up and then scrambled to shut it off once it started talking about how Native Americans were physically incapable of seeing boats or something.

One of my college physics professors showed part of it, specifically the part about light acting either as a wave or particle depending on if you witness it or not, with the caveat that the rest of the movie is stupid and not worth watching.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

RBA Starblade posted:

once it started talking about how Native Americans were physically incapable of seeing boats or something.

... what?

That must have made canoeing REALLY difficult.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Canoes are obviously different from boats, stupid! It's like you don't know anything about water memory theory!!!

Samuel Clemens fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Oct 31, 2018

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

A lil' youtube YTOTD medley for today's festivities. Happy Halloween, CineD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1AQPhQlbmI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haLNtJbnLu0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zas7lFzPuQc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4wK6KbDU-4

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Davros1 posted:

... what?

That must have made canoeing REALLY difficult.

I don't think that's even the stupidest or most racist thing in there.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

RBA Starblade posted:

I told this story before, but I watched it in a group and the people who'd seen it already got mad at me for spoiling the twist in the end for saying "oh it's that deaf women" when Marlee Maitlin first popped on screen.

loving Ramtha cultists from Yakima.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
I remember What the Bleep, it was made by some of these dudes

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramtha%27s_School_of_Enlightenment

Why even include this part in the write up

"In 2011, Knight stated (while at the RSE supposedly channeling Ramtha), "gently caress God’s chosen people! I think they have earned enough cash to have paid their way out of the goddamned gas chambers by now", and said that Mexican people "breed like rabbits" and are "poison," that all gay men used to be Catholic priests, and that organic farmers have bad hygiene"

Includes a misleadingly ringing endorsement for the movie, though

"The American Chemical Society's review criticizes the film as a "pseudoscientific docudrama", saying "Among the more outlandish assertions are that people can travel backward in time, and that matter is actually thought."

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Oct 31, 2018

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The Icelandic version of Daddy Finger is alright because it actually teaches kids the names of the fingers (i.e index finger, ring finger, etc.). It's educational.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

I'm actually surprised Malek does a good job as Freddie.

Rami Malek? Lmao I had no Idea it was him

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Franchescanado posted:

I don't know what "Daddy Finger" is, but it sounds like those who experience it will need therapy.

It's absolutely depraved and disgusting.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

DeimosRising posted:

The version of daddy finger is almost unrecognizable but I can’t stop laughing at baby shark

God, those songs are extremely triggering for people who work in kindergartens. Luckily for me the kids where I work also dig Sound of da Police and In My Feelings.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
When I taught kids they only wanted to listen to Gangam Style and What Does The Fox Say.

They liked 10,000 Maniacs and Depeche Mode, too, so it wasn't all bad.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Franchescanado posted:

When I taught kids they only wanted to listen to Gangam Style and What Does The Fox Say.

Oh, does kids enjoy those songs? I wasn't aware of that fact!

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Alhazred posted:

Oh, does kids enjoy those songs? I wasn't aware of that fact!

Oh no, is that still a thing?

This was at least five years ago, I thought they would have been forgotten at this point.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Franchescanado posted:

Oh no, is that still a thing?

This was at least five years ago, I thought they would have been forgotten at this point.

I've worked with kids for longer than five years:corsair:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

People my age enjoy those songs out of pure nostalgia.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

But songs have long staying powers when it comes to kids. Frozen was five years ago and kids still wanna listen to Let It Go ad infinitum.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Alhazred posted:

God, those songs are extremely triggering for people who work in kindergartens. Luckily for me the kids where I work also dig Sound of da Police and In My Feelings.

I feel like hearing In My Feelings nonstop would be worse than typical Kindergarten songs.

Franchescanado posted:

They liked 10,000 Maniacs and Depeche Mode, too, so it wasn't all bad.

Violator is such a great loving album.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

CelticPredator posted:

People my age enjoy those songs out of pure nostalgia.

You're too old for your peers to have nostalgia for those songs, especially from only five years ago. You're not much younger than me!

Send these people my way, I need to talk to them.

Alhazred posted:

But songs have long staying powers when it comes to kids. Frozen was five years ago and kids still wanna listen to Let It Go ad infinitum.

Yeah, but Disney songs are a little different than a Top 40 song (to me). People still sing songs from The Little Mermaid and Mulan and those god-awful Tarzan songs by Phil Collins.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Book of the day recommendation: seriously check out Paperbacks from Hell if you’re interested in trashy old horror novels from the 70s and 80s. There’s a ton of great art in there from the various covers. If there’s any interest and I can figure out my scanner I’ll post some of my favorites.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The Undertale sequel thing, is good

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Imagine internet time like Inception dream time. It was 5 years, but it may have well been 15!

I actually legit have some nostalgia over old YouTube, which was like 2009. Brings back a warm feeling of hope instead of dismay. Unlike now, where it's every day bro with that disney channel flow

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Coffee And Pie posted:

Book of the day recommendation: seriously check out Paperbacks from Hell if you’re interested in trashy old horror novels from the 70s and 80s. There’s a ton of great art in there from the various covers. If there’s any interest and I can figure out my scanner I’ll post some of my favorites.

Has some pretty decent recommendations in it, too.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

axelblaze posted:

https://twitter.com/tobyfox/status/1057646559695986688

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

CelticPredator posted:

Imagine internet time like Inception dream time. It was 5 years, but it may have well been 15!

I actually legit have some nostalgia over old YouTube, which was like 2009. Brings back a warm feeling of hope instead of dismay. Unlike now, where it's every day bro with that disney channel flow

It's weird how there's YouTube channels that are retrospectives to old YouTube channels.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Happy Halloween everyone. Be sure not to trip down 12 flights of stairs after falling over a boombox. Also don’t get your face ripped off.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Coffee And Pie posted:

Best bit is going through that book and remembering stuff I read.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

X-Ray Pecs posted:

I feel like hearing In My Feelings nonstop would be worse than typical Kindergarten songs.

After singing about how the wheels of the bus goes round and round for the thousandth time I take my palate cleansers where I can find them.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
My son only just discovered Gangnam Style. He loves it. He loves this too, which is a bit more obscure. Very cool track
https://youtu.be/XMN6cAIPmcA

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

It's absolutely depraved and disgusting.

:hai:

Alhazred posted:

My wife doesn’t complain too much about the songs but personally I’d rather be drawn and quartered

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

axelblaze posted:

Is it a demo or a complete game? I've played a little over an hour of it, past several locations where I expected it to end.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Franchescanado posted:

Whatever it is, I'm not involved I swear!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Another radio drama, this time one of the scariest drat things still-

House in Cypress Canyon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.