Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KoB
May 1, 2009

bacon flaps posted:

Didn't Zoro spend like p much half of part one near dead? And he continued to get the poo poo kicked out of him. Dude's the toughest motherfucker around.

Zoro was like half dead for nearly the entire first half of the manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demonicpoodle
Jul 9, 2012

Something inside me calls out passionately to the landscape I saw - the end of the sea of corruption to which you led me.

bacon flaps posted:

Didn't Zoro spend like p much half of part one near dead? And he continued to get the poo poo kicked out of him. Dude's the toughest motherfucker around.

That's why it's so satisfying that he hasn't been handicapped all the time, or leaking gallons of blood, now. That already happened. The New World has just been Zoro's Triumphant Victories as far as he's concerned, even against a city-buster like Pica. But for those wanting blood-soaked Zoro back, they're likely about to get their wish in Wano, depending on who he fights. Shutenmaru alone is that strong. There's no way Oda won't be able to write a strong-rear end samurai opponent for Zoro that pushes him to his limits.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Demonicpoodle posted:

That's why it's so satisfying that he hasn't been handicapped all the time, or leaking gallons of blood, now. That already happened. The New World has just been Zoro's Triumphant Victories as far as he's concerned, even against a city-buster like Pica. But for those wanting blood-soaked Zoro back, they're likely about to get their wish in Wano, depending on who he fights. Shutenmaru alone is that strong. There's no way Oda won't be able to write a strong-rear end samurai opponent for Zoro that pushes him to his limits.

Orochi is the obvious villain for him.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
orochi seems the obvious person for zoro to fight

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Zoro will kill Kaido in his dragon form and become the second samurai to slay a dragon.

Demonicpoodle
Jul 9, 2012

Something inside me calls out passionately to the landscape I saw - the end of the sea of corruption to which you led me.

Darth Walrus posted:

Orochi is the obvious villain for him.

I'm thinking so too. Unsure if Zoro will fight him alone though.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

TheLoneStar posted:

Zoro will kill Kaido in his dragon form and become the second samurai to slay a dragon.

zoro will try to cut kaido down but his sword will get lost on the way and hit momo instead

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

zoro will try to cut kaido down but his sword will get lost on the way and hit momo instead

loving aizen.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

TheLoneStar posted:

Law has only removed hearts from people, which are needed to pump the gallons of blood each human in One Piece has.

no, they dont pump anything. when law takes them it leaves a smooth empty cavity behind

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
id only go as far as a frog? no. hippo shirt. I don't want people beating me up in public and throwing me out of bars like luffy and zoro

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i dig the gol d roger shirt. the politics of one piece are unimpeachable and i would gladly espouse them

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i just want a Lets Baby shirt

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the frog? no. hippo shirt is something I'd wear, but dragon ball is king of clothes imo

give me all of your tacos and bad man shirts

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

What's funny is that was the last time we ever saw Momo in the series, gutted like a fish by all twelve captains

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

drjuggalo posted:

id only go as far as a frog? no. hippo shirt. I don't want people beating me up in public and throwing me out of bars like luffy and zoro

Normal Z and mills wear this poo poo not, it's not like anime figurines. We've just gotten old man.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

How many more chapters till Usopp wields an actual 10 ton hammer? All of his early lies become true by the end of the series.

Also in an SBS Oda said that New World Usopp is as strong as pre-timeskip Zoro. I, uh, have some reservations about that claim :stonk:

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Parrotine posted:

How many more chapters till Usopp wields an actual 10 ton hammer? All of his early lies become true by the end of the series.

Also in an SBS Oda said that New World Usopp is as strong as pre-timeskip Zoro. I, uh, have some reservations about that claim :stonk:

I'll believe it when I see Usopp throw a house.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
probably a mistranslation of 'formidable'

usopp's strength isn't physical strength

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

these are a crime

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
piracy involves lots of crime tho

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

TheLoneStar posted:

Zoro is technically a samurai, but I have it on good authority that he is just like one.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

anime was right posted:

piracy involves lots of crime tho

the government has just as much dirt!

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI
Chapter 923 is called Yonkou Kaido Vs Luffy

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Sometimes it's nice to have the end of the week creep up on you like this one has.

Then just two weeks until we get to see the fallout! :D

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I had to read the spoilers for this week's chapter.

Non-Spoilers: Luffy tells Kaido he'll become Pirate King.

Spoilers:

Luffy has temparirly dazed Kaido, and retreats with Law back towards the castle to catch up with his crew.
Luffy meets Speed, who apologizes for not being able to protect Tama, Luffy feels bad for not being there for her and letting her be captured again by Kaido's crew.
Law warns that there's no way to predict what will happen while Kaido is drunk. Luffy argues that neither of them have any idea what happened to their crew during Kaido's attack.
Kaido drunkenly wakes up from Luffy's sneak attack and asks who he is. Luffy says "I'm going to be the next Pirate King!"
Kaido uses his dragon breath attack again, but Luffy avoids it. Kaido temporarily passes out again from being drunk and reverts to human form
Luffy goes into Gear 4 to continue the fight against a seemingly unconscious Kaidou, expands all his stamina in after a Gear 4 Kong attack, and deflates.
Kaido gets up seemingly unaware he was even hit by Luffy's all-out attack and knocks Luffy out with a single strike with a club while in his human form
Kaido calls Luffy a brat and the chapter ends.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
One of my favorite parts of One Piece is when Usopp takes off his Sogeking mask to yell at Luffy to get up and keep fighting and even baits Lucci in a rare moment of bravery to help his friend.

"You can still see the sky! You can still see the sea! This isn't hell yet! So get up! Beat him! Then we'll all go back together, Luffy!""

"NO MATTER WHAT!!!!"

Plus the way Luffy's VA delivers that last line with the music that plays sends shivers down my spine every time.

https://youtu.be/4zH_sJJ2Gxc

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Nov 1, 2018

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

anime is just old ladys voicing kids and yelling a lot. how is it even real!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

RealFoxy posted:

this is a spoiler ffs

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

scary ghost dog posted:

no, they dont pump anything. when law takes them it leaves a smooth empty cavity behind

Nah, laws bullshit makes it so they are still parts of the original person, and can be attached to other things and do the job of both, that's why crushing a removed heart still kills the person, but also if you shove it back into place it resumes normal function like he never did anything.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

AtomikKrab posted:

Nah, laws bullshit makes it so they are still parts of the original person, and can be attached to other things and do the job of both, that's why crushing a removed heart still kills the person, but also if you shove it back into place it resumes normal function like he never did anything.

no, thats wrong.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

One of my favorite parts of One Piece is when Usopp takes off his Sogeking mask to yell at Luffy to get up and keep fighting and even baits Lucci in a rare moment of bravery to help his friend.

"You can still see the sky! You can still see the sea! This isn't hell yet! So get up! Beat him! Then we'll all go back together, Luffy!""

"NO MATTER WHAT!!!!"

Plus the way Luffy's VA delivers that last line with the music that plays sends shivers down my spine every time.

My favorite part is two scenes later when he puts the mask back on and tells Luffy that Usopp went back on a different ship.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

"NO MATTER WHAT!!!!"

Ahhhh back when the anime meant something and One Piece was actually great.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

Please don't post untagged spoilers in the thread - it's up to individual readers to decide what is/isn't a spoiler. Don't force us to go on a boring adventure.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Joseance posted:

this is a spoiler ffs

Yeah there was the question of what happened as a result of the punch but now we kind of know

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Please try to avoid spoilers for something that's not even been released publicly, tyvm. You can post the link, if that's your fancy, but if you have to discuss it, always procure using spoilers tags. :colbert:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
that dude just treated an undoubtedly epic moment like an obvious throwaway line of dialogue......what a piece of crap.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

I don't think he's even the real foxy

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

goddamn it, that would have been awesome seeing it without knowing it was going to happen

gently caress you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Was it really that bad? (I haven't touched the spoilers).