Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

I also got $40,000 to re-enlist, have a #blessed day.

I can't even pay a year's tuition with that, smdftb you bitch rear end first class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

I also got $40,000 to re-enlist, have a #blessed day.

I never enlisted, every day is #blessed

A SOF Marine
May 29, 2013
Y’all moved on I think, but the GV policy in NRNW is ... not permissive. So while that guy was definitely dumb thinking anyone out of the Kitsap area would rat him out, people between TRF, NUWC, PSNS and NBK have ratfucked each other and got people suspended and fired over the subject.

What I’m saying is, it sucks, but it’s NAVFAC’s fault. Also lovely civil service people rating each other out.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Cerekk posted:

FT. Lots of available tomahawk billets in the submarine force!

Or you could crossrate to GM so you can take guns apart without getting in trouble.

Ah they tried to make me an FT at meps, I told them to piss up a rope, I then became an IT because I'm stupid as poo poo, but it's translated into a decent contractor gig post separation though.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
:siren:STAFF SPEAK ALERT!!!:siren:

This new phrase has been spreading like e. coli through my upper chain:

Slap the table.

As in, "Once we have these spreadsheets done the CO can slap the table and we can get started"

I've first heard it multiple times in a phone conference with the CMC a few weeks ago and have heard it or read it a billion times since from the rest of the staff.

Every day is a struggle.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I slap the table from below nightly.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Maybe it is because I've always been in staff billets buy been dealing with that phrase for about a decade.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Im so glad I only worked staff once and very early in my career.

"What do you think senior, can we slap the table on this?"
Me: starts projectile puking all over.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

“No but we can tickle the lightswitch on it”

Just start making poo poo up.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

What the hell does slap the table even mean?

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Lou Takki posted:

What the hell does slap the table even mean?

Seems to mean finalize or finish something. It makes me irrationally angry. Or rationally I suppose.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

King of Bees posted:

Seems to mean finalize or finish something. It makes me irrationally angry. Or rationally I suppose.

Yeah we use it to indicate when something is finalized and no further changes will be accepted.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Yeah we use it to indicate when something is finalized and no further changes will be accepted.

nerds

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
I can literally picture some old man, landed gentry educated in an academy and dressed in silly blue camouflage adorned with little shiny birds and gold badges slapping an ovoid formica table, this! gentlemen, is the kind of spreadsheet I want to see

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Most of my career has been making yellow boxes turn green and explaining why some boxes are red. Forged by the sea.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Loling while crying

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Nick Soapdish posted:

Most of my career has been making yellow boxes turn green and explaining why some boxes are red. Forged by the sea.

Sound like an orts tech.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

DownByTheWooter posted:

I can literally picture some old man, landed gentry educated in an academy and dressed in silly blue camouflage adorned with little shiny birds and gold badges slapping an ovoid formica table, this! gentlemen, is the kind of spreadsheet I want to see

It's like that salesman meme

*slaps the roof of spreadsheet*

You can fit so many readiness assessments in this bad boy!

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

orange juche posted:

What the gently caress does an fc even crossrate to?

CTN

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

I personally tried that. It didn't go well. Same for my other FC buddy.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

PneumonicBook posted:

I personally tried that. It didn't go well. Same for my other FC buddy.

My unit asked me if I wanted to crossrate to FC from IT loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.

Sorry you guys do real work.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

LingcodKilla posted:

My unit asked me if I wanted to crossrate to FC from IT loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.

Sorry you guys do real work.

Depends on the NEC.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

CTN community manager swore we were overmanned today. In the same sentence they mentioned retention incentives to keep talent in.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Laranzu posted:

CTN community manager swore we were overmanned today. In the same sentence they mentioned retention incentives to keep talent in.

It is possible to be overmanned at the YG/PG level while trying to keep people in with BIG CASH MONEY

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

PneumonicBook posted:

Sound like an orts tech.

Intel.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Well this isnt looking good. My new reserve unit pushed my my AT orders and I got San Diego for two weeks with base housing, galley available also no car rental.

gently caress.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

LingcodKilla posted:

Well this isnt looking good. My new reserve unit pushed my my AT orders and I got San Diego for two weeks with base housing, galley available also no car rental.

gently caress.

Light rail is right by base, there are far worse things that could happen.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Stultus Maximus posted:

Light rail is right by base, there are far worse things that could happen.

I'm way more concerned about having to eat galley food for two weeks and what the gallons of texas pete to make the food edible will do to my rear end in a top hat.

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

His smile; it shines in the darkest of depths. There is hope yet.

LingcodKilla posted:

gently caress.

Meh did 2 years there without a car. On the weekends take trolley into town and uber back. Ez day. During the week hound the hotties at the chow hall.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

LingcodKilla posted:

I'm way more concerned about having to eat galley food for two weeks and what the gallons of texas pete to make the food edible will do to my rear end in a top hat.

Walk around and find a Galley that doesn't suck. Base food is fine if you're allowed an all you can eat salad. Two weeks is nothing.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

LingcodKilla posted:

What would you do if you ever had to actually go out on a ship?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Crank

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

Suffer not the lobbyist to live.

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I'm still trying to figure out the actual problem.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

LingcodKilla posted:

There was no galley for my AT this year. Or rental car. I literally had to eat Subway for two weeks. Stop bitching.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

If you're not eating warm cold cuts and taking 10 second cold showers it sounds like you're living a life of luxury.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
If you're not in a WWII diesel sub bottomed out in a channel getting depth charged by the Germans for 9 hours I don't want to hear it!

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Laranzu posted:

If you're not in a WWII diesel sub bottomed out in a channel getting depth charged by the Germans for 9 hours I don't want to hear it!

I don’t think that specific situation ever occurred. :spergin:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Stultus Maximus posted:

There was no galley for my AT this year. Or rental car. I literally had to eat Subway for two weeks. Stop bitching.

Did they give you per diem to pay for the subway?

Guys I’m sorry wasn’t trying to be serious. Just found it funny after 4 years I may finally get a normal AT instead of some boondoggle of a money making experience.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

LingcodKilla posted:

Did they give you per diem to pay for the subway?

Guys I’m sorry wasn’t trying to be serious. Just found it funny after 4 years I may finally get a normal AT instead of some boondoggle of a money making experience.

It's pretty rare that the government is fiscally responsible and doesn't accidently poop money on you.

Didn't think you were serious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

If you're not literally eating plankton for food and drinking bilge water then gtfo my country!!!