Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What kind of cocoon are you in right now?
This poll is closed.
bitterness and resentment 501 25.13%
the one from Final Fantasy 13 275 13.79%
buttered mess of resent mints 159 7.97%
TRUEMP 126 6.32%
the liberal media bubble 273 13.69%
hell 660 33.10%
Total: 1994 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Nichael posted:

what happened to gobias industries? did he get terminal trump brain and die? :rip:

was thunkin about this othe other day

rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

fuckin busting out that dear heloise type poo poo in my thread. hell

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Goonfund update.

$531.43 out of $959.15 sent so far by a quick browse of my palpay/venmo.

~$430 left.

Raccooon posted:

Eh you're not millennial if you don't remember 9/11 happening

Yeah, that's what I have in my head as the cuttoff, you had to be at least in like 5th or 6th grade which would make you born in the early 90s I think.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Quotey posted:

hoping for a reprise of

perhaps related to tax cuts??? medicaid work requirements???

taking half of someone's stuff and giving it to a rich person who doesn't work is actually a good capitalism lesson

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

I am a mid 30s something techno degenerate. First of my kind. I've come to take your harvest for the seed.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

That DICK! posted:

the Monster Mash is a dance not a song. it’s cultural appropriation of the Transylvania Twist and you’re absolutely loving retarded if you don’t know this. Christ

monsters mashing their parts together. Very disrespectful

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Halloween at the White House by The White House, on Flickr

trup

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

turn on your monitor joke in real life lol you got stunted on by a little girl

children are our future

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Quotey posted:

hoping for a reprise of

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/925495970032443392

perhaps related to tax cuts??? medicaid work requirements???

:chloe:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Alucard is mentioned in the Monster Mash

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1...ingawful.com%2F

Hes handling the poo poo out of this

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Augus posted:

holy gently caress it’s infrastructure month

infrastructidor

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

secret service: sir...your charisma...for the first time I actually feel proud to call you president. i'll follow you for

real trump: *walks out from behind a nearby tree sniffling after doing a shitload of cocaine* I CALLED FOR TRICKS BUT I DON'T SEE ANY WHORES

secret service: gently caress

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

There's this anti-chud senior center in my city and all the old latin people there made sugar skulls and pan de muertos and came by my work to sell them as a fundraiser and talk about their dead friends and family members.

It's cool that this ancient, pre-columbian mesoamerican/south american ritual lives on in this syncrete that allows people to accept death as a transformative event.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Yinlock posted:

children are our future

agreed it's their fault this world is doomed

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I just walked a mile over to the bodega for some beer and I forgot it was halloween and I felt like a weirdo 30 year old walking through the rolling suburbs by myself past groups of 15-30 elementary students dressed as transformers/princesses.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

the (((globalist))) respecter has logged on

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

FAUXTON posted:

There's this anti-chud senior center in my city and all the old latin people there made sugar skulls and pan de muertos and came by my work to sell them as a fundraiser and talk about their dead friends and family members.

It's cool that this ancient, pre-columbian mesoamerican/south american ritual lives on in this syncrete that allows people to accept death as a transformative event.

You should watch coco it's great

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I’m a Martin Mullenial

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Now that I think about it the "RAWR millenials!"

Didn't really start up after the economic collapse. Partly boomers needed someone to blame and their kids starting to turn on their political positions after getting screwed over.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Salt Fish posted:

I just walked a mile over to the bodega for some beer and I forgot it was halloween and I felt like a weirdo 30 year old walking through the rolling suburbs by myself past groups of 15-30 elementary students dressed as transformers/princesses.

are you trading beers for candy along the way?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Raccooon posted:

There is also a cut off difference with the economic collapse.

The millennials that graduated into a good job market and those that graduated into a bad job market. The ones that graduated into a good job market are more similar to boomers in my experience.

the market still isn't good for most people but i get your sentiment

it's obviously not 2008 bad by any means (though the next crash could very well be pretty close or even worse) but it's incredibly rough and arguably worse now because tuition has inflated so much in the past decade that someone could be way worse off in terms of raw college debt with few prospects depending on what they went to school for

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Elephanthead posted:

Probably because town newspapers all died decades ago and only rich people can afford to stay alive on newspaper salaries.

no but you see you should accept lower pay for the privilege of having a job that actually serves a socially useful purpose

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

lawn order

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

lol desantis just told the chud crowd that a Medicare for All plan would "take seniors off Medicare and Medicare Advantage and dump them on a single payer government run system"

also he's got a LOCK HIM UP chant going about Gillum

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

That DICK! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk7Ul06iP5I

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

tacodaemon posted:

lol desantis just told the chud crowd that a Medicare for All plan would "take seniors off Medicare and Medicare Advantage and dump them on a single payer government run system"

:thunk:

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Plinkey posted:

are you trading beers for candy along the way?

Hell no these tall boys are for reading about trump. Stupid kids aint gotta read about trump 12 hours a day.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

That DICK! posted:

Alucard first appeared as a thing in the 40s, in House of Frankenstein I believe.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Inspector Hound posted:

You should watch coco it's great

I think I already have, Book of Life too.

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
I was born in the mid-80s but I spent most of my middle and high school on IRC and I'm with lock her up

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1057787193207468032

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

*starts blasting the weird science theme*

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

tacodaemon posted:

really curious how much the tactic of "trump is old and believes the last thing he was told, so other old people will might do the same" will work

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

triple sulk posted:

the market still isn't good for most people but i get your sentiment

it's obviously not 2008 bad by any means (though the next crash could very well be pretty close or even worse) but it's incredibly rough and arguably worse now because tuition has inflated so much in the past decade that someone could be way worse off in terms of raw college debt with few prospects depending on what they went to school for

Yeah I was thinking along the lines of someone like my brother who graduated in 2005 when the job offers were everywhere vs graduating after 2008-9 and having to send out 400+ resumes to get one job offer.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol how did I miss this today

https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1057703421778845696

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
took my daughter trick or treating in suburban chudland. only saw one kid with a trump mask and one house was handing out beers and shots for the adults. also wtf lots of parents like to dress their kids up as police its super gross

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.
Late 60s boomers hate Medicare for all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Business Gorillas posted:

ah yeah, that's why he's getting zillions of dollars and hanging on on whore island, because we weren't worthy enough for his policy goals of *checks the Grand Bargain* raising the retirement age to 67
It would be interesting to look at that old website, "What the gently caress has Obama done" and see how many of those items listed have not been rubbed out by executive order signed by Trump.

If I were the object of a multi-billion dollar campaign to ruin my life and destroy everything I'd accomplished, and a successful campaign at that, I think I would slap my shoes together to get the dust off of them and not turn back. He's being remarkably reserved, all things considered. I mean, is the piss tape real or is it not real, motherfucker?

But America is going to get what it deserves for this. And the angel of vengeance will be named Donald Trump and riding on his shoulder will be Jefferson Davis's revenge, also known as Newt Gingrich.

• Locked thread