Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Agent355 posted:

I'm consistently amazed that there are still some staunch 'actually this game is good?' defenders.

LIke I totally get the spacedad's 'yeah the game is objectively poorly made but I can enjoy it for what it is anyway', but the fact there are still people who think the game is actually a good game is shocking.

For some people "good" just means they had fun. It's not a great metric to go by but it's not really that big of a sin either. I don't think I've seen anyone in this thread has tried to claim this game is a technical masterpiece. Now there have been a lot of people claiming its an unplayable mess which is just demonstrably false.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

corn in the bible posted:

are there any good mods that add actual good quests etc poo poo to do to fallout 4? not settlement stuff though because i hate it

Tales From The Commonwealth is worth a look, I think. Adds a bunch of quests all over the map, some short, some long, some with companions, some not. If you get a map icon you didn't get before there's probably a quest there.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I had a lot of fun. Public event gave me a left arm piece that turns me invisible when I get hit in melee every 30s. Gonna go nuts with crafting next time. Got my first shotgun, and a bunch of 10mm handguns shortly before quitting time.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Apparently even without uncapping your FPS, framerate still affects gameplay. You can outrun most enemies by just looking away or at the ground.

https://twitter.com/teajayylmao/status/1057506067071074309

I don't think this will even be partially solved by hardcapping the game's framerate so it can't be hosed with in the .ini file. This is likely some engine-physics hardcoded poo poo that will need to basically be gutted. (And SHOULD HAVE been gutted a while ago.)

For perspective; the problem of player movement and action speed being tied to client side performance was an issue in Ultima Online, which itself was a multiplayer conversion of Ultima 8's single player engine.

SwitchbladeKult posted:

For some people "good" just means they had fun. It's not a great metric to go by but it's not really that big of a sin either. I don't think I've seen anyone in this thread has tried to claim this game is a technical masterpiece. Now there have been a lot of people claiming its an unplayable mess which is just demonstrably false.

Pretty much. There's fun to be had in the game, and it mostly-works - but the biggest glaring flaws will need to be addressed ASAP or else the launch date really ought to be pushed back.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Nov 1, 2018

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
If something this flawed was discovered an hour into beta launch I'm excited to see what shenanigans we'll see on a month

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Technical merit isn't the only way a game can be bad. I think the worst offense I'd point to for this game is how it seems to be completely unfocused generalized design that doesn't really fully satisfy anybody. I think if you wanted an online survival game there are better options, if you wanted a co-op loot game there are better options. This is just this weird mish-mosh of ideas that are mostly oil and water. It's not just technically bad, it's just bad design.

Of course people can and will enjoy it anyway and that I can understand, but I don't know who can look at this game and go 'oh yeah, they clearly knew what they were doing here, look at these great intentional design decisions.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Imagine how they're gonna respond to actual hackers when that becomes a thing

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

yesterday on stream shroud was pvping and his buddy was lighting people up for zero damage because he was level four, he thought his pistol was just really bad

Yeah but shroud's friend was TAKING damage despite being level 4 - so you might be able to grief sub level 5 players if they have a teammate who can PVP.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Agent355 posted:

Technical merit isn't the only way a game can be bad. I think the worst offense I'd point to for this game is how it seems to be completely unfocused generalized design that doesn't really fully satisfy anybody. I think if you wanted an online survival game there are better options, if you wanted a co-op loot game there are better options. This is just this weird mish-mosh of ideas that are mostly oil and water. It's not just technically bad, it's just bad design.

Of course people can and will enjoy it anyway and that I can understand, but I don't know who can look at this game and go 'oh yeah, they clearly knew what they were doing here, look at these great intentional design decisions.

My impression so far is it's pretty much just fallout 4 except where your buddies are also running around doing stuff with you, and you generally aren't sitting through NPC dialogue trees. For better or worse.

The most questionable design decisions so far that I've encountered seem mostly to be the engine's aforementioned issues, the strange pvp system, and the voice chat being a pain in the butt.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Donovan Trip posted:

If something this flawed was discovered an hour into beta launch I'm excited to see what shenanigans we'll see on a month

Marcus Kincaid voice: No refunds!

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Spacedad posted:

My impression so far is it's pretty much just fallout 4 except where your buddies are also running around doing stuff with you, and you generally aren't sitting through NPC dialogue trees. For better or worse.

The most questionable design decisions so far that I've encountered seem mostly to be the engine's aforementioned issues, the strange pvp system, and the voice chat being a pain in the butt.

is it easy to report people for voice chat infractions? Allchat is always on right? Is it clear who is talking if there are multiple people around? I wonder how are they planning on handling punishments for that.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

is it easy to report people for voice chat infractions? Allchat is always on right? Is it clear who is talking if there are multiple people around? I wonder how are they planning on handling punishments for that.

Voice chat is completely hosed & a confusing mess but you can report players by clicking on their icon on the map or their name under 'recent' in social tab.

I didn't notice if there's a way to mute or block players from the server list (people are saying they couldn't find one) but I will test that feature out with some goon volunteers next beta session.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Spacedad posted:

Voice chat is completely hosed & a confusing mess, but you can report players by clicking on their icon on the map or their name under 'recent' in social tab.

I didn't notice if there's a way to mute or block players from the server list but I will test that feature out with some goon volunteers next beta session.

hosed in what sense? I missed this

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
I described my beta experience as being "meh" and kind of uneventful but I'm also really wanting to play again?

does anyone know where some of the public workshops are located, I didn't see any personally and that might be a good time

I tried googling it but all I got was "HERE'S WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT CAMPS IN 76 PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR ADBLOCKER"

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

hosed in what sense? I missed this

Mainly: No push to talk setting so if you're using a mic it will ALWAYS be on.

I mean, this is something that could EASILY be patched before launch. But it's annoying in beta.

Also the options of how the different modes for voice chat are a bit unclear. I think you're 'supposed' to be able to set it to only hear and talk with your team, but I'm not sure. You can at the very least just turn off ingame voices and use discord. Voice chat system in general is real confusing atm so I wouldn't contend with it tbh.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
gently caress consentual pvp. Real griefing is accomplished by telling scary stories that will spook a person into logging off.

These spoopy stories will probably be really loud racial slurs.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Spacedad posted:

Okay so the PvP stuff is just a given pile of goofiness which I think most people can agree on but look at stuff like the survival mechanics.

You have to eat and drink in the game but what purpose is that really serving? In a game like rust or w/e some online pvp survival game those mechanics can make sure that people have to go out and keep exploring and can't just literally turtle on their pile of stuff forever. So they fortify their bases against intruders and have to venture out on (theoretically) risky resource gathering missions.

In FO76 you take your base with you, and the pvp is non-existant, so there is no 'force people to do x' reason for it to exist, so what is it really doing? Some people just enjoy those mechanics which is why they're toggle-able in FO4 and thats fine, but since it's enforced here the people who DONT like the mechanic itself would be turned off if it wasn't so easy as to be ignorable.

In survival games like Subnautica you effectively 'solve' food and water eventually, so they function as a goal to overcome (I'd argue the best design here would be to actually just straight remove the mechanic once a player accomplishes some task like building a farm big enough to produce infinite rations). So it can be something you overcome but in FO76 it's so inconsequential that it doesn't accomplish that either?

So why is it in the game at all.

I'd argue there are lots of decisions that don't seem to be made with a goal in mind. You could generally classify all the people interested in this game into a few general buckets. People who want to explore, people who want to do pvp, people who want to just gently caress about co-op with friends. Yet it doesn't seem like the game is designed for any group of these in particular, each group is (likely) going to leave only half satisfied. Thats bad design.

it's happened in the game industry as a whole alot, various big games that try to do too much and appease everybody only to realize that you can't do that and it makes everything half baked.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Lunatic Sledge posted:

I described my beta experience as being "meh" and kind of uneventful but I'm also really wanting to play again?

does anyone know where some of the public workshops are located, I didn't see any personally and that might be a good time

I tried googling it but all I got was "HERE'S WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT CAMPS IN 76 PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR ADBLOCKER"

I claimed the one at the Gorge Junkyard. This interactive map has them all labeled (the green crossed hammer/wrench icon) https://www.ign.com/maps/fallout-76/appalachia

I turned off voice chat immediately and have no regrets about it.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Spacedad posted:

Mainly: No push to talk setting so if you're using a mic it will ALWAYS be on.

I mean, this is something that could EASILY be patched before launch. But it's annoying in beta.

Also the options of how the different modes for voice chat are a bit unclear. I think you're 'supposed' to be able to set it to only hear and talk with your team, but I'm not sure. You can at the very least just turn off ingame voices and use discord. Voice chat system in general is real confusing atm so I wouldn't contend with it tbh.

LMAO no ptt? drat this game is so Real

KirbyKhan posted:

gently caress consentual pvp. Real griefing is accomplished by telling scary stories that will spook a person into logging off.

This is mainly why I was hoping its both clear who is talking and then that it would be easy to report... but then how do they figure out if a report is banworthy?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Been watching Jon of MatN play through 76 and honestly, it doesn't look or play horribly

Sure, that may be because the BETA's kept the idiots out, but the map is definitely large enough to go off on your own and not meet anyone for hours - so depending on how populated each server can get, you can easily play it like Fallout 4 without much issue

Although in some places, the enemies are stupidly populous and you're going to burn through all your ammo extremely quickly - I highly suggest finding as many explosives as you can

"When you've played as much Fallout 4 as I have, it's kinda hard not to develop slightly sexual feelings towards office fans."

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

This is mainly why I was hoping its both clear who is talking and then that it would be easy to report... but then how do they figure out if a report is banworthy?

the answer is they don't. there is no way they're gonna log and record all voice chat in the game, and even less way that they're gonna employ people to go over those imaginary logs looking for racist language or whatever. If it really bothers you I would just turn off voice chat entirely.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Also this veers into the :tinfoil: territory and that's fine. I'll throw up a big ole disclaimer that this is all just speculation on my part and I don't have anything really backing it up beyond some general guess work.

I think this style of game, the one where you wander around and collect stuff and craft stuff and do things like that, is generally not the type of game that you know if you're into or not very quickly. I think No Man's Sky would be a good example in that you could likely play for 20 hours or so before you realized how horribly repetitive it was and how none of the upgrades were very interesting. This sort of game can really lull you into complacency for a good while before the cracks become obvious.

So given that I look at the way the beta is being handled, with you only allowed to play brief periods days apart (a method I haven't really seen before), and being offered only to pre-order people.

You're being incentivized to pre-order a product that has a no-return policy so you can play it early, however they won't let you actually play enough to get to that point where you might start to see the cracks due to the way the beta is structured. Then there's that dumb letter that basically said 'we don't know what sort of game we made, make your own fun' and I just don't think the devs have alot of confidence in their own product.

It's being presented so oddly and with some tactics that make me suspicious. I just get the gut feeling that there isn't going to be much diversity in quests or exploration, and the crafting system is going to bottom out after 10 hours and suddenly alot of people will be unable to return a product that is ultimately unfinished.

I think the only thing seperating this game from No Mans Sky is that nobody seems to really give a poo poo about this game compared to the obscene hype for NMS.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Agent355 posted:

(food & drink mechanics)

The food & drink mechanics are pretty much there to give the player a reason to keep exposing themselves to radiation outside of the environment or enemies. They generally don't slow up the gameplay very much even when you don't have any perks that offset them. But you basically do have to manage a reasonable supply of food, water, and meds. I found it pretty easy and only had to mouse click for some food/water every so often - it's hard for me to judge but I'd say it's roughly about as or less frequent than keeping yourself fed than say, minecraft or games like The Forest.

Dealing with rads accumulation has always been a fallout staple, and that's pretty much what food & drink revolves around.

Also, some of the better food items you can cook or find give you bonuses. And rotting food itself is a crafting item for useful stuff.

I haven't explored too deeply beyond the low-to-mid-level areas, but according to players that have, the more dangerous irradiated zones in the game have much scarcer clean food and water.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Nov 1, 2018

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Bardeh posted:

the answer is they don't. there is no way they're gonna log and record all voice chat in the game, and even less way that they're gonna employ people to go over those imaginary logs looking for racist language or whatever. If it really bothers you I would just turn off voice chat entirely.

oh for sure I never thought they would, this is the same thing league of legends had a hard time with for years. I was hoping they had figured something out (lol)

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
If they actually wanted stress test their game, they would have an open beta. If they actually wanted to beta test their game, it would run for weeks.

The beta is a way to drum up preorders and nothing else. It's time limited because the game quite obviously does not have enough content or a compelling enough gameplay loop to sustain interest. Or, at the very least, Bethesda is not confident enough in that content or gameplay loop to run a normal beta. There is no other satisfactory explanation as to why they've structured it like they have.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Agent355 posted:

Also this veers into the :tinfoil: territory and that's fine. I'll throw up a big ole disclaimer that this is all just speculation on my part and I don't have anything really backing it up beyond some general guess work.

I think this style of game, the one where you wander around and collect stuff and craft stuff and do things like that, is generally not the type of game that you know if you're into or not very quickly. I think No Man's Sky would be a good example in that you could likely play for 20 hours or so before you realized how horribly repetitive it was and how none of the upgrades were very interesting. This sort of game can really lull you into complacency for a good while before the cracks become obvious.

So given that I look at the way the beta is being handled, with you only allowed to play brief periods days apart (a method I haven't really seen before), and being offered only to pre-order people.

You're being incentivized to pre-order a product that has a no-return policy so you can play it early, however they won't let you actually play enough to get to that point where you might start to see the cracks due to the way the beta is structured. Then there's that dumb letter that basically said 'we don't know what sort of game we made, make your own fun' and I just don't think the devs have alot of confidence in their own product.

It's being presented so oddly and with some tactics that make me suspicious. I just get the gut feeling that there isn't going to be much diversity in quests or exploration, and the crafting system is going to bottom out after 10 hours and suddenly alot of people will be unable to return a product that is ultimately unfinished.

I think the only thing seperating this game from No Mans Sky is that nobody seems to really give a poo poo about this game compared to the obscene hype for NMS.

this sort of beta used to be really common, they've already started releasing small patches between the betas (mostly just fixing enemy AI, AP drain when running, little poo poo like that according to tha youtubes), we're getting like eight hours on thursday, not only can you totally cancel your pre-order and still be in the beta (at least on console, no idea about PC) but several people (including myself) have already done that

I agree they come off as not confident and I share a similar worry about the game just... abruptly running out of poo poo to do, this was an issue I ran into with Fallout 4 as well after I stopped giving any fucks about the main quest, but I don't think there's anything especially sinister about the structure of the beta

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Eiba posted:

Oh god I'm playing the game now and there's two twich streamers making rape jokes and racist jokes during the character creator and there's no loving way to turn it off.

This is literally the most unpleasant experience I have ever had in a game ever. How the gently caress do I mute people? This is literally nauseating.

KirbyKhan posted:

Someone had figured this out too apparently :smithfrog:

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Personally I think bethesda should push back the launch date to December or January - but the launch of the game is basically going to be the game's Early Access Beta. So we'll just have to make do.

I don't think the engine issues will be solved for a good deal of time, and until then we'll likely just get a workaround.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Spacedad posted:

Personally I think bethesda should push back the launch date to December or January - but the launch of the game is basically going to be the game's Early Access Beta. So we'll just have to make do.

I don't think the engine issues will be solved for a good deal of time, and we'll likely just get a workaround.

I don't think the underlying engine issues can be fixed, or surely they would have done it by now. They must be aware of it, if it's been an issue for as long as it has. The workaround will likely just be an fps cap, which sucks. In all their previous singleplayer games, they just shrugged and let people get on with it. But they can't do that in a multiplayer game that has PVP in it, or it will wreck the game very quickly.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

deathbagel posted:

I also had a lot of fun, but you are right about the UI. It's pure, 100% garbage. I'll get used to it like I do every Bethesda game, but you can tell it was designed 100% with console gamers in mind and they didn't change it at all for PC gamers.
The UI gives me flashbacks to Deus Ex: Invisible War.

Agent355 posted:

I ordered through Amazon and still have BETA access. I'm kind of hoping this ends up with me getting the game for free, but I doubt that will happen. Then again, Bethesda. I'm going to play every BETA opening for PC that I can in the meantime, I don't love the game but I don't dislike it, either. I'll connect with goons tomorrow for a group to play with.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Spacedad posted:

Apparently even without uncapping your FPS, framerate still affects gameplay. You can outrun most enemies by just looking away or at the ground.

https://twitter.com/teajayylmao/status/1057506067071074309

To temper this a bit - it's not like you move twice as fast at 60 as you do at 30. Seems that might be the case when its the difference between 144 and 288, but this sort of stuff does happen, and it's why a lot of devs will basically put arbitrary frame caps on some things just to limit trouble shooting. But this is why 'pro' Quake was played at some bizarrely specific framerate, like 308fps, because it had some miraculous alignment of favorable outcomes in the code that would let you move (barely) faster, jump (imperceptibly) higher, and server response would better reflect your ping (because all parties would be running at the bizarre rear end frame rate, and whatever benefit it incurred passed the limitation to other parts of the system).

That said, looks like it can become pretty extreme, so I'm sure there will be no end to hilarity in the absence of what should probably inherent sanity checks in code. Also doesn't speak too well for the extent to which there was any testing/consideration for PC, given Fallout 4 VR had sort of an inverse problem, where apparently the thing was only tested on 4K systems, because the code would output desktop resolution to the VR system resulting in a disgusting pixelated mess, meaning they were only testing on top end systems. Here it's a wonder pushing near 300fps wasn't counted for, but otherwise not going to be in reach for most people.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Do they actually have a beta feedback forum buried somewhere, or are they relying on reddit and social media to see what people stumble into?

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Bardeh posted:

I don't think the underlying engine issues can be fixed, or surely they would have done it by now. They must be aware of it, if it's been an issue for as long as it has. The workaround will likely just be an fps cap, which sucks. In all their previous singleplayer games, they just shrugged and let people get on with it. But they can't do that in a multiplayer game that has PVP in it, or it will wreck the game very quickly.

Yeah I think so too. I don't know if gamebryo's physics can be uncoupled from the client's FPS or not. If not we might be talking about creating a whole new physics engine from the ground up.

Here's a pie-in-the-sky best-case-scenario: 'They actually DO have a solution for it, but due to other issues keeping that version from seeing primetime just yet, it's not in the beta build of the game.'

I mean I would hope that's the case as I want this game to be unfucked, but I'm not holding my breath. We're likely just going to see a duct-tape-and-glue workaround.

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

When there is no real hope we must
mint our own. If the coin be
counterfeit it may still be passed.

Donovan Trip posted:

tweet my meat posted:

Imagine how they're gonna respond to actual hackers when that becomes a thing
This is what I'm most looking forward to watching unfold. The framerate=game speed exploit is still in the game, so that probably means every other exploitable piece of jank from past games is also still in FO:76. Bethesda is used to modders fixing their bugs, but now modders will be the ones circumventing any patches or fixes that Bethesda releases to try to stop duping exploits, framerate hacks, et al.

Bethesda might want to hurry up on those private servers, otherwise get used to watching people magically zoom around the map at 200+ FPS causing all kinds of chaos.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Is there a list of engine-quirk related bugs and jank from older Bethesda games anywhere? It would be interesting to read what else might be possible.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Agent355 posted:

You're being incentivized to pre-order a product that has a no-return policy so you can play it early
I pre-ordered the PC version when pre-orders went up, got a beta key the next day, canceled my pre-order the next minute.

Wasn't worth almost hitting my ISP's 1TB/month bandwidth limit thanks to the game re-downloading twice and still not completing far enough for me to even play it. Plus I'll be gone until the 5th which is apparently when they'll stop running betas so I guess I'm never going to play this game unless there's a really deep sale and it somehow picks up enough traction (EG: good patches) for me to even want to try playing it.

Despite all that, I think it's a neat idea for a AAA (sorta) company like Bethesda to try and dip its toes into the Rust-like arena. They're failing already but if they managed to make ESO more interesting than its launch offering (not that I know, I only hear things) then their live update team for FO76 might actually be able to build this into something fun.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Can't wait til hackers trigger infinite nukes dropping on the map by changing a single number in some ini

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

NeurosisHead posted:

Do they actually have a beta feedback forum buried somewhere, or are they relying on reddit and social media to see what people stumble into?

This is a stress test for their servers, not a "real" beta.

That's also why the hours are short - so that they can cram as many people playing in as short a window as they can.

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

When there is no real hope we must
mint our own. If the coin be
counterfeit it may still be passed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/9suwl5/unlocking_your_fps_gives_you_speed_hacks_just/

quote:

cerealkillr:
Here's another question. Does this game have any form of anti-cheat? Like, any whatsoever? I'm not even talking about locking the game's config files so you can't do this. I mean a proper anti-cheat that prevents script injection, that has server-side validation, that prevents people from using sophisticated cheating programs.

If you can unlock your FPS and get speed hacks by editing two lines in a .INI file I seriously doubt that Bethesda has put the thought and effort required into securing their game.

LilRobot:
it has some silly pseudo anti-cheat that just checks for window names of common debugger and disassembly programs.

cerealkillr:
Oh god. That's some indie game poo poo. That's what Escape from Tarkov does and they have a massive hacking problem.
Oh this is going to be a glorious clusterfuck even before release day hits.:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

So the takeaway from the .ini file is if you gently caress with it you could potentially flag your account for cheating. So much for field testing that.

Also: https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/9suwl5/unlocking_your_fps_gives_you_speed_hacks_just/e8s2bn1/

quote:

They asked if I knew anything about software development. I said I had a theoretical degree in software development. They said welcome aboard.

The reference.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Nov 1, 2018