Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What kind of cocoon are you in right now?
This poll is closed.
bitterness and resentment 501 25.13%
the one from Final Fantasy 13 275 13.79%
buttered mess of resent mints 159 7.97%
TRUEMP 126 6.32%
the liberal media bubble 273 13.69%
hell 660 33.10%
Total: 1994 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

Raccooon posted:

There is also a cut off difference with the economic collapse.

The millennials that graduated into a good job market and those that graduated into a bad job market. The ones that graduated into a good job market are more similar to boomers in my experience.

The only millenials I know who actually made out like bandits are the ones who knew how to code or how to bullshit as though they did, were born early 80s, and went straight from high school into the dotcom thing before it burst.

a sad snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

Brings back memories. Prodigy was my first, my first time...online...like losing virgnity, losing innocence...

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

The dems are gonna take the Senate. I already toxxed for it, that's how confident I am

hope it was a permatoxx or ur a coward

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1057788175324717057

:d2a:

PoopOnaShoe
Apr 14, 2009

I feel like using netscape navigator is a litmus for separating the millennials.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
rest in power to a real one

https://twitter.com/NancyPelosi/status/1057789566759907328

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

dems will win n i will lobby hard for mass permabans for all doubters

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

2DCAT posted:

Imagine being as retarded or more retarded than Don Jr lol

i think it would be bliss

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I remember getting at least one of those free 300 hours AOL CD's in the mail every single month for the span of a few years

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm_SsdSW_xE

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

It was all a scam even back then

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

ChristsDickWorship posted:

The only millenials I know who actually made out like bandits are the ones who knew how to code or how to bullshit as though they did, were born early 80s, and went straight from high school into the dotcom thing before it burst.

a sad snipe

I know some who got lucky in real estate post 08 and some who made bank in current tech boom

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ChristsDickWorship posted:

a sad snipe

I was born in 84 and got into industry just before it all went to poo poo in 2008 and had enough of a reputation and was willing to basically travel wherever they wanted to send me to stay on, and also know how to code...etc.

I also took the route of going 'right into a job' at a big contractor instead of doing the whole 'professional development program' which is basically interning 3 different departments over 2 years, a looooot of them got laid off.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Epic High Five posted:

we're currently allied with Al Qaeda to defend mineral veins that China owns from radicals that our other foreign adventurism created

Okay, says here we're still in Afghanistan to keep pressure on the Taliban and protect women's rights.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Please stop posting old computer images it's unspeakably depressing

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

PoopOnaShoe posted:

I feel like using netscape navigator is a litmus for separating the millennials.

Recognition of lycos and excite as well

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I also distinctly remember that AOL had tv commercials, about which I remember nothing but a feminine synthesized voice saying "A-O-L version Seven-point-Oh"

PoopOnaShoe
Apr 14, 2009

2DCAT posted:

wish hotbot won

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

pre-op bebop posted:

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1057788733989232640

So uh, when Republicans do strip away protections for pre-existing conditions, how are they going to explain that? I mean they'll blame the Dems somehow, but what's their end game on this? Hoping no one cares?

just being extremely racist so no one notices their extremely unpopular economic policies like the last uhhhhh 60 years

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

pre-op bebop posted:

So uh, when Republicans do strip away protections for pre-existing conditions, how are they going to explain that? I mean they'll blame the Dems somehow, but what's their end game on this? Hoping no one cares?

why explain it

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

:chaostrump:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

2DCAT posted:

PoopOnaShoe posted:

wish hotbot won

I recall the first time I saw someone reference thottbot for World of Warcraft, sometime in the first half of the oughts, it made me remember hotbot.com, but the person who'd told me to go thottbot something had no idea what hotbot was

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

ShriekingMarxist posted:

god this is stomach turning

immigration is at like a 30 year ebb, how the hell did dehumanizing vulnerable populations catch fire so god damned hard?

i hate this loving country
It's always been the American pastime.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Samurai Sanders posted:

Did reality actually win re: the accusations against Mueller? Is that a thing that can happen anymore?

Chuds will still site it as proof that women falsely accuse men of sexual assault for money.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

CATWATCH

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

shiksa posted:

just being extremely racist so no one notices their extremely unpopular economic policies like the last uhhhhh 60 years

Yeah I suppose this is it. Chuds vote against their own interests all the time, shouldn't be any different.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Addamere posted:

I also distinctly remember that AOL had tv commercials, about which I remember nothing but a feminine synthesized voice saying "A-O-L version Seven-point-Oh"

I remember one with a chuddy old lady describing aim like 'having a real life conversation, electronically'

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Mayor Dave posted:

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Plinkey posted:

I was born in 84 and got into industry just before it all went to poo poo in 2008 and had enough of a reputation and was willing to basically travel wherever they wanted to send me to stay on, and also know how to code...etc.

I also took the route of going 'right into a job' at a big contractor instead of doing the whole 'professional development program' which is basically interning 3 different departments over 2 years, a looooot of them got laid off.

i was born a year before you and someone just offered me a paycheck as a writer for a print publication. jealous? :smug:

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The little niche I'm in now had zero impact from 2008 and the millennials I work with are basically from an alternate dimension

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Plinkey posted:

Goonfund update.

$531.43 out of $959.15 sent so far by a quick browse of my palpay/venmo.

~$430 left.

:patriot:

ps TRGUM

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Mayor Dave posted:

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
now that i've thought about it more...did you save up money from your poo poo job, or mowing yards to buy the D2 expansion on the day is came out in a thriving mall at gamestop?

you're a millenial

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
lmao so many old goons are in this video. I'm at 1:07

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bomkgXeDkE

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ShriekingMarxist posted:

god this is stomach turning

immigration is at like a 30 year ebb, how the hell did dehumanizing vulnerable populations catch fire so god damned hard?

i hate this loving country

Look man, everything you need to know about America can be extrapolated from reading The Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism by Max Weber.

Relevant to the current discussion, everyone has a calling and predestination is the correct theology. If you're being a royal poo poo to immigrants, it's because those immigrants are bad people who deserve it and also because you are following your calling - which god pre-ordained for you to follow, which means it is actually a very good thing for you to do and you should keep doing it. If any of the outcomes and premises herein were false, then the situation wouldn't be like it is; that the situation is as it is gives proof to the fact that these suppositions and their conclusions are correct. FYGM, and also I am going to heaven.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

pre-op bebop posted:

gillum is gonna sweep and desantis will scream the N word in rage at the concession speech or some horrible poo poo. also that is probably the plan but it won't work because trump and the current GOP is loving terrible at propaganda for anyone outside the Base.

also on a nice note, My family moved to a new house and now we have a gently caress ton of tricker treatiers, its awesome. happy Halloween nite crew.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Eat This Glob posted:

i was born a year before you and someone just offered me a paycheck as a writer for a print publication. jealous? :smug:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

pre-op bebop posted:

what if people do care, then what?

• Locked thread