Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What kind of cocoon are you in right now?
This poll is closed.
bitterness and resentment 501 25.13%
the one from Final Fantasy 13 275 13.79%
buttered mess of resent mints 159 7.97%
TRUEMP 126 6.32%
the liberal media bubble 273 13.69%
hell 660 33.10%
Total: 1994 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

RandomBlue posted:

Apartment complexes were like that in the small city I grew up in. Apartment complexes in CA were the exact opposite though. Everyone was sure they were gonna get murdered apparently. We were lucky to get 1 trick or treator even in nice (and ungated) complexes.

the last couple apartment complexes I lived in had us go to the rental office and get a paper sign to put on our door if we wanted to give out candy and all the kids and parents were told not to bother any units without one

seemed to work pretty well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

hold it in big guy

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
I'm anticipating lots of caravan migrant costumes from liberals trying to "scare the right" that will end up looking like brownface

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Raccooon posted:

Now you’ve done it

Pittbull brigade on the way

Exactly what I was thinking. :)

We put our super chill lab in her crate all night because there are lots of kids, especially the younger ones, that are scared to death of dogs.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Joementum posted:

he went to auschwitz and then went to austria to talk to people "with a different perspective"

haha holy poo poo

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

twoday posted:

I'm anticipating lots of caravan migrant costumes from liberals trying to "scare the right" that will end up looking like brownface

I didn't see a single even vaguely political costume except for one tiny black cop

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Joementum posted:

he went to auschwitz and then went to austria to talk to people "with a different perspective"

reminds me of those guys from canadian nazi outlet rebel media who went to jerusalem and got so mad at jewish people being normal people that they became more anti semitic because they assumed "the jews" were putting on a act

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

tacodaemon posted:

you should force yourself to sit through the final season of buffy the vampire slayer thrice

Can't wait for my son to be old enough to start watching BtVS and Angel with me.

twoday
May 4, 2005

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

ok what did steve king actually say because all I can find is breathless coverage about "controversial comments" and no one is reporting what they are

Also someone asked him why he was being so friendly with the radical right wing parties in these countries and he said "because if they were in America, they would be republicans!"

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

shovelbum posted:

I didn't see a single even vaguely political costume except for one tiny black cop

yeah all I saw were avengers, princesses, and skeletons

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Nichael posted:

"he can't be anti-semitic! he has a jewish son-in-law!"

exceptions are made for the mega rich, you dumb poo poo

"He's one of the good ones."

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide
phans da gently caress is Kasvot Vaxt

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

the video for it is something else. fav bit so far is Alex Trebek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wijp4-3giNw

twoday
May 4, 2005

shovelbum posted:

Every costume is political if your brain is broken

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

:colbert:

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

all these kids' cosplay tonight loving sucked. low effort store-bought crap. No hand-tooling or painting, no custom work. Wouldn't have even placed at a Con contest. none deserved candy

gregday
May 23, 2003

steve king has a mini confederate flag on his desk and he’s from loving iowa

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

The Snoo posted:

happy halloween

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

shovelbum posted:

Same. The closest was one 8-10/yo looking kid in a SWAT costume. He was a pretty cute little ACAB and I gave him candies.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1057804897280843776

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Farrier Theaks posted:

yo but for real once the equator heats up to somewhere above inhospitable we probably will need that wall

and canada will need one for us

humanitarian compassion + solidarity + organization prob works better than a series of walls

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

it's a really weird word when u break it down

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/WYR_bot/status/1057791212437073922

twoday
May 4, 2005

gregday posted:

steve king has a mini confederate flag on his desk and he’s from loving iowa

I have seen confederate flags on flagpoles erected in front of houses in rural New York and New Jersey many times and it makes me insanely loving pissed each and every time

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

GrimGypsy posted:

all these kids' cosplay tonight loving sucked. low effort store-bought crap. No hand-tooling or painting, no custom work. Wouldn't have even placed at a Con contest. none deserved candy

I only had one idiot parent show up with a <1yo baby with a candy bag attached. Usually I get 4-5 of those.

Grow some balls and ask for your own candy, I know your baby ain't eating that poo poo, they don't even have teeth yet.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

just in case anyone was wondering if he let the inauguration crowd size thing go

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
chicken tenders and a half philly cheesesteak was a nice change up, i think it's bed time.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

twoday posted:

I have seen confederate flags on flagpoles erected in front of houses in rural New York and New Jersey many times and it makes me insanely loving pissed each and every time

operation lib trigger successful

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

DryGoods posted:

the video for it is something else. fav bit so far is Alex Trebek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wijp4-3giNw

https://i.imgur.com/Lnq0ysS.gifv

twoday
May 4, 2005

Unperson_47 posted:

operation lib trigger successful

- Jefferson Davis, 1861

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

I did a thing posted:

forgot that even happened

worst thing 2 happen 2 country music since garth brooks went emo

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Gaines

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Plinkey posted:

chicken tenders and a half philly cheesesteak was a nice change up, i think it's bed time.

what would u do 4 a klondike bar bish

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

whos going to win this knicks-pacers game anyway

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

hello, is death certain?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

twoday posted:

signs of extremely normal countries: openly flying flags of rebellion

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

triple sulk posted:

hello, is death certain?

in a surprise upset, death is actually not certain and we've all become immortal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

triple sulk posted:

hello, is death certain?

Absolutely!

Terrific.

• Locked thread