Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

queeb posted:

will do! that's why I figured id do it on another, i want to do werefolf on this dude which also uses lots of points i guess.

If you're a completionist or just willing to do a lot of crap, there are enough skill points in the game to do all your class skills, two or three weapons, werewolf/vampire, some guilds skills and crafting. It requires getting nearly all the skyshards and doing almost all the content, but the SP are there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

Mizuti posted:

At the lowest level of vampirism there are no penalties or bonuses, but your character's looks are greatly altered at all times. The mandatory bloodshot eyes and white skin/scales/fur are a bummer and there's not a lot of full coverage skins or polymorphs you can use to avoid it.

A lot (most?) of the disguises will make your skin look normal, so there's that.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Hmmm... I'm seriously torn between the Vamp/Werewolf.

On the one hand, Werewolf stuff has always seemed more fun in other Elder Scrolls games. On the other hand, in this game that's contingent upon my using its Ultimate to transform.

Does transforming cause you to be feared/hated by NPCs like in Skyrim? That would be a big caveat in an MMO.

Also, Vampirism having mostly passive bonuses seems like I'd be much more likely to benefit from them more often, since they are "always on" so to speak.

On an unrelated note, I logged into my Neverwinter account, just for shits and giggles, and while I don't see myself subbing to that game any time soon (Holy poo poo so many boxes and currencies), I really liked what they did to expand Companions/Pets, by making them grant actual bonuses/buffs and stuff. Is there anything like that in ESO? Like NPC companions?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Annath posted:

Should be a fairly easy decision imo, the only variable is whether or not your build is magicka or stamina based. Also its been mentioned but its worth pointing out that being a vampire makes your character look a lil different so thats already kind of a dealbreaker for me

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

Annath posted:

*snip*

Werewolf transform has no mechanic like loving with rep or anything. It's not a thing in this game for obvious reasons.

What is it you really want to do in this game? Keep in mind werewolf is useless on a mag toon but Vampire has something for everyone, stat-wise. If you wanna end up raiding or PVPing or even just doing vet dungeons, vampire regen buffs are a pretty nice addition. They also have a "take less damage when health is low" buff. Werewolf is cool sometimes in PVP or if you wanna RP as a furry or whatever.

Kinda just depends on what you're looking for.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

Werewolf transform has no mechanic like loving with rep or anything. It's not a thing in this game for obvious reasons.

What is it you really want to do in this game? Keep in mind werewolf is useless on a mag toon but Vampire has something for everyone, stat-wise. If you wanna end up raiding or PVPing or even just doing vet dungeons, vampire regen buffs are a pretty nice addition. They also have a "take less damage when health is low" buff. Werewolf is cool sometimes in PVP or if you wanna RP as a furry or whatever.

Kinda just depends on what you're looking for.

I'm not into furry stuff, I just liked rampaging and eating hearts in Skyrim. I'll probably go Vamp then.

Can I do the associated quests at my current level (10)?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yes. The xp curve is built around you being level 37+ tho so at level 10 you'll level the skill line really slowly. Ask in goon guild for a vampire bite. Dont buy the cash shop ones.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Should really put in the OP poo poo that are trap options for the cash shop or something. I thought all houses were crown-only, nope. Outfit change tokens, respecs, a lot (all?) of the motifs.

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo
There are a handful of things in the cash shop that are actually pretty great to snap up if you have the funbux. Probably bank/vendor minions (I've never been able to save that much from my sub without blowing them on silly impulse purchases, so I wouldn't know, but I bet they're cool). I have been able to delay gratification from time to time to get the non-dungeon DLC added to my account (not that the dungeon DLC sucks, I just don't usually play this game in groups so it's not really useful to me to collect). Also I think definitely it's worth it to get the giant batch of hair options, and the equally giant batch of accessories, which are really awesome for changing up your character's look on the fly without paying for an appearance respec. Some of the outfits are cool, and check up on them patch to patch as they rotate stuff in and out to see if there's anything there you think looks really neat. Everything else is optional depending on what you feel like you'll have fun collecting, like, I have no use for non-combat pets but I know plenty of people go poo poo-nuts for them, which is cool. As far as trap options go? Yeah, basically any kind of consumable--skill boosts/experience boosts/dyes/potions/whatever--are mostly things you can get by chance, with free event crate giveaways, with login prizes, with gold, or with achievements and quest rewards from playing in-game, so don't waste money on them in the cash shop.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
This event got me to start doing delves, public dungeons and new dungeons I've never run before.

No idea why I barely touched that part of the content because some of them are really fun to explore/run and some have nice story segments too.

Magblade managing to solo a bunch of stuff still which is neat.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

Annath posted:

I'm not into furry stuff, I just liked rampaging and eating hearts in Skyrim. I'll probably go Vamp then.

Can I do the associated quests at my current level (10)?

I was just loving with you on the furry thing. You can start at any time but yeah like Scy said the leveling is kinda slow but at least you'll be gaining passives while you do other stuff so it's still worth it to get it early.

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008
Leveling vamp is super fast though, I bit a friend 2 days ago and yesterday he already hit lvl 10.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

This event got me to start doing delves, public dungeons and new dungeons I've never run before.

No idea why I barely touched that part of the content because some of them are really fun to explore/run and some have nice story segments too.

Magblade managing to solo a bunch of stuff still which is neat.

Fun fact, all the PubDungs both give a whole SP and a Memento!

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
To be more specific so you know what to do for the SP, you have to complete the dungeon's "group event" to get it. It usually involves clearing a specific room of a bunch of trash mobs, which summons a slightly bigger than normal boss who you have to kill.

Once you do that, you can move on if you don't care about mementos (getting which usually involves doing the dungeon's quest) or dyes (kill lots of dungeon bosses).

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Posting to say werewolf's pretty great for PVE DPS too if you build your gearset around it. I run Blood Moon and Molag Kena on my stamsorc and the results are pretty impressive.

Less impressive for PVP than my tankwolf though, as she's a big, obvious priority target that is pretty lacking in survivability.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Wow didn't know Fengrush had a forums account on SA

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Scyantific posted:

Wow didn't know Fengrush had a forums account on SA

Doily actually beat Fengrush to the build (concept)* by a couple days. It was pretty funny to watch them both hit that giddy eureka moment.

*I think it took a day or two longer to actually get it put together.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Oct 31, 2018

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Murkmire is free as a login reward this month. Is that normal for DLC?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

It'd be cool but no.

Ligament
Jun 12, 2018
Biscuit Hider

Ossipago posted:

No, not normal. I think they're still testing the waters a lot with the daily login rewards. [Citation Needed] but I'm certain I saw a job listing at ZeniMax a few months ago for somebody who specializes in subscription retention and community engagement or maintaining concurrent players or something along those lines.

Ligament fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Nov 1, 2018

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Ossipago posted:

How does this work, do I have to log-in every day to get Murkmire? I'm not super clear on the login rewards, sometimes it seems like I can't click them either

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Devor posted:

How does this work, do I have to log-in every day to get Murkmire? I'm not super clear on the login rewards, sometimes it seems like I can't click them either

Basically yes. Log in and claim it every day. Should show up right in the middle of your screen.

I haven't counted, but they usually don't require EVERY day. Usually I think it's 28 days of rewards with the best reward on the last day, and since most months have 30-31, you usually are okay to miss a day or two.

If you can't click it, it's because it hasn't been a day since you got the last one. I usually just log in before work and claim mine, get my horse upgrade, log off.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Aramek posted:

Fun fact, all the PubDungs both give a whole SP and a Memento!

Oh that's really neat, I enjoy many mementos and SP is always in need.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
So it's cool that Zygor open sourced their leveling addon when they discontinued official support for ESO.

As a new player, it's nice to be able to be sure I see every quest in a zone.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Devor posted:

Not every day, but 24 days out of this month for it yes. It's not consecutive logins either, it's cumulative so you can miss a week's worth of days here and there and still get it.

zjentohlauedy
Feb 27, 2006

Bad sportsmanship. A ruthless minority of people seem to have forgotten good old-fashioned virtues. They just can't stand seeing the other fellow w

xZAOx posted:

Basically yes. Log in and claim it every day. Should show up right in the middle of your screen.

I haven't counted, but they usually don't require EVERY day. Usually I think it's 28 days of rewards with the best reward on the last day, and since most months have 30-31, you usually are okay to miss a day or two.

If you can't click it, it's because it hasn't been a day since you got the last one. I usually just log in before work and claim mine, get my horse upgrade, log off.

It's not just 24 hours since you got one, it unlocks at a certain time every day (5PM PST for me). I believe it's possible to grab the previous day just before that time and then get the next day after the unlock. I know I've gotten two in the same day before.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Hoo boy, this quest got real bad real fast and I'm already verklempt irl.

edit: Jesus loving Christ.

https://i.imgur.com/7g44pb2.jpg

Aramek fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Nov 2, 2018

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I'm curious what the outcome is if you exile them, and where they turn up afterwards, but I can never bring myself to take the evil option in most games. Someone more heartless than me do that and report back, please.

Edit: Spoiler, not bold, lol

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Good thing literally nobody has ever picked that option, because Zenimax didn't script it.

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura
I'll do it!

Ralker
Sep 2, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Getting lonely playing solo, shoot me an invite @Ralkaneous my goon bros and broettes.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Ralker posted:

Getting lonely playing solo, shoot me an invite @Ralkaneous my goon bros and broettes.

Done

zjentohlauedy
Feb 27, 2006

Bad sportsmanship. A ruthless minority of people seem to have forgotten good old-fashioned virtues. They just can't stand seeing the other fellow w

Aramek posted:

Good thing literally nobody has ever picked that option, because Zenimax didn't script it.

i always take the evil option on one of my alts

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday
I spent a bunch of money I don't have to work on the bar in my club.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
The lights are a great touch, can't wait to see it finished. Poor Augur being used as an aquarium decoration!

You'll have to buy a target dummy and name it Norm, of course.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Yardbomb posted:

Not every day, but 24 days out of this month for it yes. It's not consecutive logins either, it's cumulative so you can miss a week's worth of days here and there and still get it.

I picked a good time to catch up on this thread, then. Haven't played for a couple of months I think.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Rollersnake posted:

You can pretty much do anything in any order, and I recommend just going with whatever strikes your fancy. If you want to follow the storyline in a linear fashion, here's how that works:

1. Main Quest - concurrent with the faction storylines, will eventually lead you to Coldharbor

2. Faction Storylines
Covenant
Stros M'Kai
Betnikh
Glenumbra
Stormhaven
Rivenspire
Alik'r Desert
Bangkorai

3. Coldharbor (final area of the base game)

DLC regions

How do i actually start the main quest? I see quest markers with a blue hue on my map due to the Destinations addon but there has never been a quest to accept in any of those locations.

How do i "properly" start the quest line in Stros M Kai?

On my first character, a dark elf, i completed Vvardenfell entirely and when i ran out of quests there i did Deeshan. The storyline didnt make a lot of sense. NPCs i had befriended in Vvardenfell didn't know who i was in Deeshan for example.

On my new character (redguard) i want to play through the story the intended way

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
The main quest is started when you start the game. Like...I don't think you can really miss it?

Eventually you get enough of it done, and originally, you'd get he next part every so many levels. Now instead you can do it all back to back. What will happen is when you finish a step, you'll leave the Harborage, walk for about 60 seconds then the Prophet will show up as a ghosty thing and give you the next step, which involves returning to the Harborage.

Here's the wiki for the main quest, might help you realize where you need to pick up - but again, most of them start from visions from the Prophet. https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Main_Quest

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

JackBadass posted:

I spent a bunch of money I don't have to work on the bar in my club.

Amazing :allears: What's the aquarium? Maybe put the swamp netch and a giant clam in there too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

count_von_count posted:

Amazing :allears: What's the aquarium? Maybe put the swamp netch and a giant clam in there too.
It's a Display Case, Large that's been tilted on its side. Do that, and they make terrific terrariums and aquariums.