Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

I would totally rebuy The Minish Cap if it came out again. Also, a little sad Ezlo didn't show up in Hyrule Warriors. A game that shouldn't really work but I can't stop playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I highly doubt it would happen, but I'd be super happy if Triforce Heroes got a second chance on Switch. That game died so fast I couldn't even find people to finish it with. Maybe as a HD bundle with LBW.

Tendril_Mullet
Jul 20, 2014

il serpente cosmico posted:

Did his weapon look like a big dick?

Yes! The giant dick knight destroyed any confidence I had.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Tendril_Mullet posted:

Parry his dick :getin:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Sam Faust posted:

I highly doubt it would happen, but I'd be super happy if Triforce Heroes got a second chance on Switch. That game died so fast I couldn't even find people to finish it with. Maybe as a HD bundle with LBW.

They should try the concept again but in 3D in the BOTW engine.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I don’t see this happening on Switch unless it’s Zelda Maker but I’d love to be wrong. 2D Zelda owns.

SeANMcBAY posted:

They should try the concept again but in 3D in the BOTW engine.

They already said top down would still exist and the botw 2d physics proof is enough that they just need different assets and a narrative.

And a Zelda maker has never made sense. There's more to Zelda than push blocks which is all the maker would do. Just play blossom tales instead.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Tendril_Mullet posted:

Sound like you met Havel :)

As someone mentioned above, you can parry his attacks (which is terrifying because one hit will probably kill you at this point), or just leave him be until later. He does drop a good item, though...

il serpente cosmico fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Nov 1, 2018

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug

bushisms.txt posted:

The next Zelda will most likely be the top down 2d version, probably next fall.
As someone new to the Zelda, I loved playing a 2D Zelda (LBW) on the 3DS after playing BoTW. All the main components are there, they've just been distilled down into a smaller game.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Moop Moop posted:

Did they announce this somewhere? I just ended up buying it on the japanese eshop with points from play-asia. Everything loads up in english.

I saw a couple tweets saying that earlier. Usually I would go for the Japanese option but I feel like I should support the western version.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SeANMcBAY posted:

I could see them doing one more Zelda on 3DS with the LBW engine. A remake of LA would own.
It's been so long but I would absolutely and completely lose my poo poo if we got a Link's Awakening remake/LBW type deal :pray:

I would say they've forgotten the game but they did recently throw us a bone in the form of Hyrule Warriors DLC, which was crazy.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Your Computer posted:

It's been so long but I would absolutely and completely lose my poo poo if we got a Link's Awakening remake/LBW type deal :pray:

I would say they've forgotten the game but they did recently throw us a bone in the form of Hyrule Warriors DLC, which was crazy.

that was the first time i'd seen the wind fish in any sort of color (or detail really, those GB screens were teeny)

capcom's artists were, uh

somethin, weren't they

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Capcom had nothing to do with Link's Awakening.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

huh, egg on my face then. woulda sworn they were that one too, not just the oracle games

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

bushisms.txt posted:

They already said top down would still exist and the botw 2d physics proof is enough that they just need different assets and a narrative.

And a Zelda maker has never made sense. There's more to Zelda than push blocks which is all the maker would do. Just play blossom tales instead.

I think a Zelda Maker would go beyond just dungeons. If it happens, Nintendo would make it make sense.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Next Zelda game is a sidescrolling Metroidvania with no fast travel and only one weapon choice but it constantly breaks

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Next Zelda, Link wears green

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Heath posted:

Next Zelda, Link wears green

It's funny to think that this isn't a given (for 99% of the game) anymore.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Honestly I like the classic BotW blue tunic (and, of course, lobster shirt) better than the green. I will elect for those outfits every time.

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

As someone mentioned above, you can parry his attacks (which is terrifying because one hit will probably kill you at this point), or just leave him be until later. He does drop a good item, though...

Item I'll never get.... It was a draw. We both died.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Today I got the Japanese version of Phantasy Star. I've never played this series before but I like this game so far. I plan on getting the Sega Collection and that has the other games included.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

I believe he's talking about the black knight that's guarding the first firekeeper soul

but speaking of fighting havel, it's easier imo to dodge his attacks and backstab him than to risk messing up a parry and getting one-shot. I think you can even literally just strafe around him without getting hit

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

romanowski posted:

I believe he's talking about the black knight that's guarding the first firekeeper soul

but speaking of fighting havel, it's easier imo to dodge his attacks and backstab him than to risk messing up a parry and getting one-shot. I think you can even literally just strafe around him without getting hit

Tendril_Mullet posted:

I totally forgot about that knight; when I hear big shield and dick for a weapon, I think of Havel, but based on the location description, that was a Berenike Knight. You will definitely want what he's guarding, and he's beatable with regular tactics. Just keep at it and don't freak out. backstabing helps.

Tendril_Mullet
Jul 20, 2014

romanowski posted:

Okay I googled Havel and it wasn’t him I’m fighting. It’s some giant shield black knight at an alter. I finally beat him by luring him outside and circling him sort of and stabbing his rear end armor a bunch of times. I was so happy that I verbally said “that’s right you loving gently caress” aloud while my wife was trying to watch a Halloween marathon. I don’t ever get this into vidya so it’s pretty fun.

Nevermind, I just ran down some drawbridge and a loving giant red dragon burned me and all the other dudes up. :bang:

Every corner is pants making GBS threads stressful in this game. Gonna start smoking cigarettes to deal I think.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

mrEkli posted:

Item I'll never get.... It was a draw. We both died.

Fyi most one of a kind items that enemies drop will reappear when you respawn. They will either be by the enemy's original spawn location, or the location where you killed them. This is handy if you die before you're able to pick it up, or if they die by falling off a cliff.

Sadly, I think Havel's stuff does not reappear.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Tendril_Mullet posted:

Okay I googled Havel and it wasn’t him I’m fighting. It’s some giant shield black knight at an alter. I finally beat him by luring him outside and circling him sort of and stabbing his rear end armor a bunch of times. I was so happy that I verbally said “that’s right you loving gently caress” aloud while my wife was trying to watch a Halloween marathon. I don’t ever get this into vidya so it’s pretty fun.

Nevermind, I just ran down some drawbridge and a loving giant red dragon burned me and all the other dudes up. :bang:

Every corner is pants making GBS threads stressful in this game. Gonna start smoking cigarettes to deal I think.

I think my absolute favorite part about Dark Souls is that every single death to the environment like this is signposted. Sure, you might not realize what the environment is telling you, but it's always hilarious in retrospect to realize "oh, so when the entire bridge was scorched and festooned with corpses, that meant that walking on the bridge would get me incinerated to death, huh."

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee is now available for preorder on the eShop

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Oh my god that comes out in 2 weeks. My time dilation is off the charts

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Today I got the Japanese version of Phantasy Star. I've never played this series before but I like this game so far. I plan on getting the Sega Collection and that has the other games included.

Phantasy Star 3 is miserable, feel free to skip.

Sudbina
Mar 17, 2009

Dehry posted:

Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee is now available for preorder on the eShop

I'm excited for this. Hopefully it turns out good.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I played Phantasy Star 4 via the Steam emulated version and vaguely enjoyed it, is the rest of the series worth getting into? I guess it's a different question of $2.50 in a Steam sale vs the $10 or whatever it'll be on Switch.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Barudak posted:

Phantasy Star 3 is miserable, feel free to skip.

Honestly if you play 1 and 4 you've experienced the highest points of the series. 2 is okay but it's real dated.

4 is real good and does some unique things. And has great music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvszxdJNvtE

Heath fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Nov 1, 2018

Barudak
May 7, 2007

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I played Phantasy Star 4 via the Steam emulated version and vaguely enjoyed it, is the rest of the series worth getting into? I guess it's a different question of $2.50 in a Steam sale vs the $10 or whatever it'll be on Switch.

As Heath said, no.

1 is a fun but dated experience, 2 turns into a cruel slog by the end with blind teleporter mazes, 3 is dire on so many levels down to the final boss living inside a treasure chest, and 4 is amazing and sadly somehow where the series died.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Cool, thanks. JRPG is the genre I've gained the most affection for this gen between P5, DQXI and Octopath but it also seems like there's a lot of stuff that has some historical relevance that doesn't translate to actually worth playing now.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
SonicMania:Encore is really loving good.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Cool, thanks. JRPG is the genre I've gained the most affection for this gen between P5, DQXI and Octopath but it also seems like there's a lot of stuff that has some historical relevance that doesn't translate to actually worth playing now.

Go to the RPG thread and ask or just wait for the Grandia 1+2 port to hit the Switch.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Barudak posted:

Go to the RPG thread and ask or just wait for the Grandia 1+2 port to hit the Switch.

Wait, is that happening? I missed those titles when they were new.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
So here's a thing. I got the copy of Penguin Wars I ordered but when I try to collect points for it it says I'm in the wrong region. And the eShop features don't seem to work - apparently there is DLC where you can play as the Hebreke characters which is extremely my poo poo but it says the software is unavailable.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Dark Souls really started to click for me once I realized that against many enemies, it's actually better to get right up against them and abuse i-frames to dodge through any attacks that don't just go over your head entirely. A standard cross slash with the right hand can probably be avoided by simply circle-strafing clockwise. Have to admit I haven't tried it with fat-rolling though.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Heath posted:

Wait, is that happening? I missed those titles when they were new.

Yes my friend, it is although I dont think a date has been set yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

404notfound posted:

Dark Souls really started to click for me once I realized that against many enemies, it's actually better to get right up against them and abuse i-frames to dodge through any attacks that don't just go over your head entirely. A standard cross slash with the right hand can probably be avoided by simply circle-strafing clockwise. Have to admit I haven't tried it with fat-rolling though.

Nor should you. Fatrolling is ill advised.