Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

My friend needed to outlive opponents in squads so we did a duo no fill squad match on pc last night.

Ended up winning back to back squad matches.

Guess I do really like zombie mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Fuuuuck I can’t believe I missed that tier glitch, its the only way I’ll be reaching 100 :suicide:

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

ijyt posted:

Fuuuuck I can’t believe I missed that tier glitch, its the only way I’ll be reaching 100 :suicide:

It was really convenient for that glitch to coincide with the release of Red Dead.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Got the closest I've ever come to a solo victory royale, and I whiffed it cause I was too busy avoiding the zombies to reload my drat guns :suicide:

Well, you live and you learn... but you also hate yourself and will now obsessively mag-check till the end of time, zombies be damned!

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005
The sad part about surviving till the end is the first 50 or so times your body will kick in to full adrenaline mode and then you'll inevitably accidentally RPG yourself or decide it's a good idea to go full AR bloom battle without building or peeking anything. Zombies don't help.

One day the pressure disappears and then you just go to the circle early and RPG and AR tap shot your enemy as they panic run away from the storm, or calmly build a wall to make the RPG guy blow himself up. It all comes full circle.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Mongoose posted:

you'll inevitably accidentally RPG yourself

I really dislike how explosive damage in this game doesn't taper off based on distance.

I haven't played an FPS in fifteen years and it's really, really, really hard to untrain "oh I can shoot the rocket right there and hurt them and not hurt me too much" because that gets me dead really, really fast.

Some of my 4th grader's classmates play. We friended the first of them the other day.

He kicked my butt.

I'm not sure if I'm OK with this or not.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
I keep getting killed solely by quad launchers or sniper rifles in the new game mode to the point that it doesn't surprise me anymore. If you don't sit yourself in a brick 1x1 before popping a shield you're really asking for it.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Triggs posted:

I keep getting killed solely by quad launchers or sniper rifles in the new game mode to the point that it doesn't surprise me anymore. If you don't sit yourself in a brick 1x1 before popping a shield you're really asking for it.

Yes that’s been the case for 6 months now that you don’t heal up out of cover.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I've had two moments where I've picked up the guided missile, mistakenly thought it was the quad launcher, and just charged a player with completely inadequate weapons cause I thought I could poop rockets out on them.

You can guess how those engagements ended up!

Mongoose posted:

The sad part about surviving till the end is the first 50 or so times your body will kick in to full adrenaline mode and then you'll inevitably accidentally RPG yourself or decide it's a good idea to go full AR bloom battle without building or peeking anything. Zombies don't help.

One day the pressure disappears and then you just go to the circle early and RPG and AR tap shot your enemy as they panic run away from the storm, or calmly build a wall to make the RPG guy blow himself up. It all comes full circle.

Haha, too true! After they introduced 50v50 I dropped off playing solo haaaaard, I'm just now getting back into it. The 3 games I played last night all getting in the top 8 with 2 kills minimum really gave me a confidence boost, though, haha.

Related: when do the Fortnitemares challenges end? I only have 2 left to get the ghost train glider; got the contrail and I could not care less about the little emote things.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Mongoose posted:

This isn't just FN and its not just gaming. Excelling at any kind of competition boils down to your ability to slow things down in your mind and approach it calmly.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I'm at Tier 32, can I reach 100 with 35 days left and get the 200K xp needed for Dire?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Yeah. Just do all the weekly challenges and keep up with daily ones. And you don't have to get all the xp for the skins before the season ends anymore. I'm still trying to unlock the last tier of Ragnarok.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I'm still trying to unlock the last tier of Ragnarok.

I assume the few people I see running around with that have just unlocked it recently. Meanwhile I'm Streets of Rage guy (okay Werewolf) that I totally unlocked free and legit without any sort of glitches.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Yeah. Just do all the weekly challenges and keep up with daily ones. And you don't have to get all the xp for the skins before the season ends anymore. I'm still trying to unlock the last tier of Ragnarok.

Oh that last past is good then, cheers!

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Yes that’s been the case for 6 months now that you don’t heal up out of cover.

Oh gee thanks I never would have guessed that

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Triggs posted:

Oh gee thanks I never would have guessed that

You’re welcome!

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
Fortnite's twitter account is saying the Fortnitemares in Battle Royale will end on Sunday with a special event at 1pm EST/6 UTC.
If you want the glider or other poo poo better do the challenges before then.
You're ahead if you've waited, the 4th set of challenges are easy and you can do multiple sets of challenges just by fighting the cube monsters and being around the corrupted areas.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Ghost Train is like ultra loud and vision blocking huge, I super recommend not using it.

Triggs posted:

I've actually been trying to break my longest snipe range in it (271m). It's pretty easy to hit/find stuff in the 250m range but I think I've only hit one 260+ so far.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Really not happy they went through with glider redeploy. This seriously removes practically any downside at all to having the highground in any stage of the game.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I get the balance argument, but frankly I've really been enjoying all the increased mobility options so :shrug:

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

BattleTech posted:

Ghost Train is like ultra loud and vision blocking huge, I super recommend not using it.
On Halloween you go for style points.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I get the balance argument, but frankly I've really been enjoying all the increased mobility options so :shrug:
Oh yeah, you're no longer just screwed if you land too far away. Slowly and slowly other people are learning this too and my far away landings aren't so safe.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
I like the glider redeploy. I rarely manage to get into a build battle though. I usually get taken out pretty quick even if I do. Although I have "won" several build battles. The extra mobility is very welcome. I do question the reasoning behind removing the bounce pads now. It would be great to see those get added back in since it's not a built in advantage for one player in a build fight anymore.
So many neat mobility options that are in the game now that didn't exist when I started playing earlier this year.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

They need to make it so you can't fly if your building is crumbling though. It sucks to destroy some dudes sky tower and watch him start falling then glide away.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ibram Gaunt posted:

They need to make it so you can't fly if your building is crumbling though. It sucks to destroy some dudes sky tower and watch him start falling then glide away.

I agree, shooting down someone’s 2,000 foot high ramp is one of the best things in the game.

If you’re gonna build a giant ramp, you better be prepared to die falling off it.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

BattleTech posted:

This is sadly also a problem for the otherwise fuckin' rad bat glider.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They really ought to just standardize glider sounds for everything. I don't see why I would ever switch from the almost silent umbrella to something that's announcing my position as I'm gliding behind the enemy.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Bat glider has intimidation factor at least.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

bango skank posted:

They really ought to just standardize glider sounds for everything. I don't see why I would ever switch from the almost silent umbrella to something that's announcing my position as I'm gliding behind the enemy.

People hear the same sound from other peoples gliders. The special noises and stuff are only for you.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Well I just won a Squad match solo.

Only played it because I needed to finish top 6 and outlive opponents. And to finish off the last of the Fortnitemare challenges.... Pretty drat happy right now.

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005

codo27 posted:

This isn't just FN and its not just gaming. Excelling at any kind of competition boils down to your ability to slow things down in your mind and approach it calmly.

True true. I do think Fortnite really maximizes the top 10 adrenaline with its 100-in-1-out battle royal format, low time to kill with almost every weapon and the huge skill gap that the sandbox style (and building) creates. It definitely hasn't hurt the game's success.

e: I can remember pretty vividly when I first got the game and played a marathon weekend of it, when I laid in bed Sunday night I couldn't stop reliving my fights (mostly deaths) whenever I closed my eyes. I slept about 1 hour that night.

Mongoose fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Nov 1, 2018

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005
Double posting for Patch Notes - https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/patch-notes/v6-21

- Balloons added, hop into playground and test them
- Vaulted semi-auto sniper, dual pistols, guided missile (again)
- Explodes do 25% damage through walls and the environment (got drat like they really needed the buff)
- lots of audio balancing for gliders and monsters

Also seems like a lot of save the world changes, but I don't really know about that.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Mongoose posted:

Double posting for Patch Notes - https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/patch-notes/v6-21

Also seems like a lot of save the world changes, but I don't really know about that.

Several bug fixes, several new bugs.
Added 2 affixes to the pool of minibosses.
Made a few changes to certain drops so high level players don't have to do even lower level content than usual.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

People hear the same sound from other peoples gliders. The special noises and stuff are only for you.

I definitely got honked at by a train.

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

An informational void capable only of creating noise

Mongoose posted:

- Balloons added, hop into playground and test them
- Vaulted semi-auto sniper, dual pistols, guided missile (again)
- Explodes do 25% damage through walls and the environment (got drat like they really needed the buff)
- lots of audio balancing for gliders and monsters

Oh poo poo, explosions doing 25% damage through walls is huge. That's 20 dmg per quad launcher hit and like 35 per regular rocket, means you actually have to move or fight the person slinging rockets not just building to defend yourself in a 1x1 box. Makes clingers a much bigger problem too as they'll go off in quick succession for a lot of damage if the defender doesn't move.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Yeah it’s hard to overstate how much of a change this is.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

drat, they vaulted the double pistols? I really enjoy those :rip: I won't miss the semi-auto sniper; being able to unload sniper shots at someone is fun but I prefer the bolt action.

Thanks for whoever answered when Fortnitemares ends! Plenty of time to get my haunted choo choo :getin: I really hope they keep the zombies in an LTM or something similar, they're fun as gently caress she, like someone said earlier, completely change the endgame.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
I'm hearing that they made it so your player character's mouth will move while you're talking in the in-game voice chat now.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Johnny Truant posted:

drat, they vaulted the double pistols? I really enjoy those :rip:
Dammit every gun I'm vaguely good at just goes away. :rip:

Nullsmack posted:

I'm hearing that they made it so your player character's mouth will move while you're talking in the in-game voice chat now.
Oh poo poo I talk constantly!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Is there "visit 4 corrupted areas in one match" bugged for anyone else, or does it just not work in Disco mode? I just wasted two games trying, ugh

Edit: yeah just doesn't work in Disco mode, but oh well I got it and my spoopy choo choo :toot:

Johnny Truant fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Nov 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Johnny Truant posted:

Is there "visit 4 corrupted areas in one match" bugged for anyone else, or does it just not work in Disco mode? I just wasted two games trying, ugh

Edit: yeah just doesn't work in Disco mode, but oh well I got it and my spoopy choo choo :toot:

I mean, they're called Fortnitemares Challenges for a reason.

Edit:

https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/1058044009942261760

Special event at 1 p.m. Eastern on Sunday.

interpunct fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Nov 2, 2018