Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

nerdz posted:

Just found someone with worse opinions than Bolsonaro voters:

I hope this person dies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metal Cat
Dec 25, 2017

Metal Cat has issued a correction as of 04:48 on Oct 8, 2021

THS
Sep 15, 2017

nerdz posted:

by allah i have encountered cases of cancer caused directly by pictures posted on social media accounts

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/70sBachchan/status/1056955108473225216

he's currently under investigation for corruption, of course

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

fspades posted:

pardon me for asking but are you american? americans, both left wing and right wing people, have this weird and stupid idea (instilled to them by gun culture and foundational myths I guess) that buying a gun and political violence is the fastest and the most sure-fire way out of a dictatorship. In reality though armed insurgencies are protracted and convoluted affairs and you are more likely to get killed if you join one than other alternatives (including civil resistance). Brazilians must know this very well.

If your only goal is to survive the best way is to keep your head low, have friends you can trust, make some money to bribe people with and find a way to get out of the country.

psst the threat of violence is the only way to make elites ever back down, nothing else has ever worked without violence or the threat of violence at least backing it up

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty
https://riotimesonline.com/brazil-news/rio-politics/governor-elect-witzel-to-use-deadly-snipers-in-rios-favelas/

quote:

In a television interview on Tuesday, October 30th, the new governor-elect of Rio, Wilson Witzel, spoke about his plans regarding security. Witzel revealed that he wants to use military police snipers in helicopters to kill armed aggressors and also to extend the federal military intervention another ten months.

During the interview, Witzel was pressed to clarify previous comments he had made during the campaign where he stated that the police should be authorized to kill anyone deemed a “threat.” Witzel clarified that, for the police, anyone holding a gun is considered a “threat…an immediate threat.”

Regarding whether his aggressive stance was permissable under Brazil’s criminal code, the former federal judge answered, “Laws are made to be interpreted, and we interpret the law.”

OK Governor Dredd

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

Yinlock posted:

https://twitter.com/70sBachchan/status/1056955108473225216

he's currently under investigation for corruption, of course

Russian Shock Doctrine is back again, baby!

Metal Cat posted:

It's funny because Bolsonaro seems to genuinely dislike China and probably wishes he could emulate Trump and pull a Lighthizer on them, but since we don't have anything even resembling that kind of economic power he's forced to fold and keep his head down.

The next logical step is to convince his supporters that he's cooperating with China because he was always a secret communist.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I was listening to DemocracyNow, and apparently three fourths of Brazilian expats voted for Bolsonaro.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

nerdz posted:

Why the gently caress would anyone want to hang out with brazilians outside Brazil lmao

They're the worst

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

nerdz posted:

my got, :sniff: pure ideology

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

nerdz posted:

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAfpSH42KzI

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

nerdz posted:

you

you dont have to pay the fine if you dont want to :psyduck:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

nerdz posted:

you dumb mother fucker

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That last panel is just an instant death sentence.

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

That last panel is just an instant death sentence.
https://twitter.com/dril/status/473265809079693312

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

nerdz posted:

lol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Brazil is going to be LIT in the near cyberpunk future. they might be the first ones to hit full on corporate fascism

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Brazil is going to be LIT in the near cyberpunk future. they might be the first ones to hit full on corporate fascism

The richest people in Brazil already hop skyscrapers in helicopters and never have to go to ground level if they don't want to.

Hello Ketene
Dec 30, 2011

lol we're only on day 5 of turbo hell dimension and the bolsogret is already strong

https://twitter.com/bolsoregrets/media

bonus :thunk:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I can't read any of these

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/ThatMTSasquatch/status/1057717652762886146?s=19

Metal Cat
Dec 25, 2017

Metal Cat has issued a correction as of 04:45 on Oct 8, 2021

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Destroying major cities water supplies to own the libs

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/01/bolsonaro-environment-agriculture-ministries-amazon

quote:

The Amazon absorbs huge amounts of carbon, regulates weather systems, is home to more species than any other ecosystem on earth and pumps water to the economically important cities of São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Didnt sao paulo massively vote for bolsonaro

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Just think how powerful Brazil could be if it used all that land for creating a corporate and military hellscape instead of wasting it on a bunch of nature. The potential is massive for a nation the size of Brazil.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1057976093318266880?s=19

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

So Paulo and Rio are not located inside the Amazon River basin though...

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Temer and the Congress are gonna pass the extremely draconian anti-terrorism laws soon too lol. With poo poo like 30 year sentences for protests.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Sergio Moro officially accepted the position of Minister of Justice, because of course he did. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, but it's fine, he's gonna look like garbage soon enough.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)

Negrostrike posted:

So Paulo and Rio are not located inside the Amazon River basin though...

It's due to atmospheric pressure differentials created by the forest. It rains in the southeast because of the amazon. Without the forest, the southeast region will be as dry as the northeast.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Plutonis posted:

Temer and the Congress are gonna pass the extremely draconian anti-terrorism laws soon too lol. With poo poo like 30 year sentences for protests.

Hahaha holy poo poo

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Dias posted:

Sergio Moro officially accepted the position of Minister of Justice, because of course he did. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, but it's fine, he's gonna look like garbage soon enough.

The writing is on the wall, PT is going to be dismantled.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Kanthulhu posted:

It's due to atmospheric pressure differentials created by the forest. It rains in the southeast because of the amazon. Without the forest, the southeast region will be as dry as the northeast.
terraforming the world into death planet to own the libs

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Welp, good luck.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Kanthulhu posted:

Yeah, when SP had that great drought some years ago, I remember reading quite a number of serious scientists arguing that the growing deflorastation of Amazon was to blame

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Bolsonaro said in an interview to a israeli newspaper that he indeed plans to move the brazilian embassy to Jerusalem

He also hinted that the palestinian embassy in Brazil will be closed

https://www1.folha.uol.com.br/mundo...ampaign=twfolha

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
Brazil is so loving rigged from the media to the judiciary, far worse than even Venezuela holy poo poo

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Elias_Maluco posted:

Yeah, when SP had that great drought some years ago, I remember reading quite a number of serious scientists arguing that the growing deflorastation of Amazon was to blame

Take away the Amazon from state sovereignty
It's only fair to the rest of the planet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The PT should have gone full PSUV and the PSUV should have gone full PCC.

Truly, the only lesson worth having about Venezuela and Brazil right now is that neoliberals will kill you if you let them have power.