Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

You fucker you made me look up the Wikipedia article for olive oil to double check this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

i love the colorized version of the munsters and adams family. everything is so bright and pastel.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

snergle posted:

i love the colorized version of the munsters and adams family. everything is so bright and pastel.

Didn't they do that so things would stand out more in black and white.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzWE5AJXnUc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vsFfMj4nGA

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Hihohe posted:

Yeah the makeup was done completely for B&W contrast ratios, so if you saw some of the actual colors used, most of the makeup and sets would look ridiculous.

karoshi
Nov 4, 2008

"Can somebody mspaint eyes on the steaming packages? TIA" yeah well fuck you too buddy, this is the best you're gonna get. Is this even "work-safe"? Let's find out!

Who What Now posted:

You fucker you made me look up the Wikipedia article for olive oil to double check this.

Pepper stuffed olives are in fact a hybrid and not factory produced. The ancient greeks loved them.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Dannywilson posted:

Yeah the makeup was done completely for B&W contrast ratios, so if you saw some of the actual colors used, most of the makeup and sets would look ridiculous.

Wow, you're not kidding.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
I wasn't!

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

Hihohe posted:

I'm struggling to find the article I last saw, but you might be thinking of something like Max Factor makeup. The article I saw, and can't find, included a picture where you basically looked like a clown if the photos were in color, but looked great in B&W.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Hihohe posted:

Hell, in the UK the black-and-white minstrel show had people in red-faced, simply so they would appear incredibly dark on black-and-white television.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Memento posted:

Wow, you're not kidding.

I unironically wish movies and shows would start using sets like this

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

MizPiz posted:

https://youtu.be/_71w4UA2Oxo

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

MizPiz posted:

The Grand Budapest Hotel, kinda

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Randaconda has a new favorite as of 11:10 on Nov 1, 2018

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Educational as gently caress, thank you

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
:eyepop:

shipwrek
Dec 11, 2009

Drunk octopus wants
to fight you

:hmmyes:

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
Hit me with those nov1 christmas memes please. I need it after being forced to set up a ton of christmas lights @ work.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

snergle posted:

Hit me with those nov1 christmas memes please. I need it after being forced to set up a ton of christmas lights @ work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8gmARGvPlI

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

snergle posted:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I should build a bot to add All I Want for Christmas Is You on the gbs-fm playlist automatically whenever possible. They love that song.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
gently caress me, it's already stuck in my head now. Cursed meme.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The student solemnly approached the master in the garden.

"I see the four-fold path everywhere now, Master", the student spoke sadly. "In the trees, in the rocks, in the scrolls of wisdom. It brings me grief to gaze upon the world and see the same lesson dwelling within all things."

The master nodded sagely, placing a sympathetic hand upon the student's shoulder and replying "I understand your pain. It is often harder on the student than the master".

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

What could have possibly happened at the end of 2016 to make people wanna escape reality that much?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

:vince:

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Jerry Cotton posted:

I should build a bot to add All I Want for Christmas Is You on the gbs-fm playlist automatically whenever possible. They love that song.

That and "In The Arms of An Angel" became someone's favorite songs at my old bar. I would stop making drinks just to skip those songs.

What I'm trying to say is gently caress you sideways.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

This is vastly inferior to the bickies version.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Jerry Cotton posted:

Yeah I know people from the Soviet Union whose parents were in the army or army-adjacent (like engineers) as well.

The people I know from the USSR were not military or adjacent. Just regular people who didn't find it all that bad.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

https://twitter.com/mart8ndo/status/1058015490512224256

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

What had to be done :confused:

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

What had to be done :confused:

They cut in the death screen/sounds from metal gear solid to the middle of what looks to be a smash Bros trailer.

Come on dude Ive never even played MGS, or Smash Bros since the GameCube one, and it wasn't hard to get

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Monster memes on the rise, invest now:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

bike tory posted:

They cut in the death screen/sounds from metal gear solid to the middle of what looks to be a smash Bros trailer.

Come on dude Ive never even played MGS, or Smash Bros since the GameCube one, and it wasn't hard to get

Oh I thought Solid Snake was in Smash Brothers. Actually I'm pretty sure he was.