Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Rorahusky posted:

I like to use Jack for the Sphinx. The Sphinx in the Pyramid node counts as female, and Jack turbo fucks it with her NP.

For some reason my brain uniquely parses Jack's NP as her getting picked up and overarm flung at the enemy to go blender-mode on them. She's a projectile woodchipper and I love her very much.

I've been using her in the same node and it's just really reiterated for me how GOOD Jack is. She deletes female riders, she generates crit stars by the bucket full, her absurd hitcount means that if you're lucky and get a NP/Quick/Quick/Extra chain then she's often going to refill her own NP gauge by 50%-70%, and if you level it up to 10 her Surgery skill is 2500 health every four turns, which is actually pretty good sustain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Rorahusky posted:

I like to use Jack for the Sphinx. The Sphinx in the Pyramid node counts as female, and Jack turbo fucks it with her NP.

That's a good improvement. I remember being annoyed during the Summer event that the "Mountain Dragon (Male)" didn't count as male.

It also means I can swap out Shiki for Carmilla and make my Pyramid farming a bit smoother.

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Oct 31, 2018

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Tarezax posted:

For a real, actual Halloween 2018 spoiler that perhaps also merits (tagged) discussion:

So, how about das Rheingold?

Is that really much of a spoiler? We've known the Einzberns had the Rheingold for a while now, the event opens with a shot of a giant pile of gold, and the fact that Ilya was somehow related to and trying to protect that gold made it pretty clear from the very start, I thought.

The true spoiler secret of Oniland is this.

https://twitter.com/kireina_mochi/status/1055759684274020352/photo/1

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i just want servants to keep stacking landmarks on the castle

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Don't spoil poo poo you dinguses

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Believe it or not but onikyua is actually shuten!!!

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

Dryzen posted:

Believe it or not but onikyua is actually shuten!!!

It’s not nice to tell lies! That would be like suggesting Sailor Moon is actually Usagi!

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen
It's not actually much of a spoiler since I looked, It's specifically covered, even in English, in Siegfried's interlude.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Yeah and it's disappointing as hell.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Yesss! Thank you, monthly tickets!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

NRVNQSR posted:

Credit where it's due: People have been good about not spoiling the big Summer 2018 twists in this thread

No one's mentioned you can remove summer BB's tan?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
very serious spoilers contained in the text below DO NOT READ!!!

vive la france my homies!!!!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Crasical posted:

For some reason my brain uniquely parses Jack's NP as her getting picked up and overarm flung at the enemy to go blender-mode on them. She's a projectile woodchipper and I love her very much.

I've been using her in the same node and it's just really reiterated for me how GOOD Jack is. She deletes female riders, she generates crit stars by the bucket full, her absurd hitcount means that if you're lucky and get a NP/Quick/Quick/Extra chain then she's often going to refill her own NP gauge by 50%-70%, and if you level it up to 10 her Surgery skill is 2500 health every four turns, which is actually pretty good sustain.

I forget the other team member, but that Quick-based five star Saber whose name I forget and Jack had a grand old time just making mountains of stars and then critting all the live-long day on some node.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Clawtopsy posted:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Clawtopsy posted:

:supaburn:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Dawgstar posted:

I forget the other team member, but that Quick-based five star Saber whose name I forget and Jack had a grand old time just making mountains of stars and then critting all the live-long day on some node.

Greenriver?

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Three tickets, got what I wanted most of this banner, ie: Dangerous Beast. Mostly going to be moving on to the pyramid though, so it'll be a bit less useful from here on, but w/e.

Also, Herc bond 10 get. Now he gets to sit on the bench forever until I hit something actually hard that I can't just seal through.

Challenge quests really aren't if you've got a decent stable of servants worked up already, and I'm a leveling spaz so most of my roster is at least at second ascension, so it was really easy to do, overall.

E: also, playing through Okami at the same time as FGO is a bit of a trip, lets just say.

Ashsaber fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Nov 1, 2018

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Captain Baal posted:

Hmm no idea what you're talking about, sorry chief

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
Vive la France! The next addition to Arcade is Chvalier d’Eon!
https://twitter.com/fgoproject/status/1057800046765268994?s=20

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

Crasical posted:

That is an amazing mental image and I love it. And yes, Jack is a Tiny Murder Machine. I don't have her skills levelled up too much since she is a recent addition to my crew (Spooked me during our Summer misadventures), but I intend to rectify that once I have enough QP and Gems.

Good thing both upcoming Christmas events involve a lotto with Gems in it, so that should sort itself out pretty quickly.

Rorahusky fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Nov 1, 2018

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Rolled for Cuzerker, got Osakabe. Her skillset is thematically fitting at least. For someone who never wants to leave her room. Never roll.

Also sort of off-topic, but part of what got me to give FGO a try was that I have a nostalgic attachment to Sakurai's Steampunk series. I suppose we don't really have a fitting thread for that? I don't feel like opening one since all I really have to say is that there was a new entry and it was pretty phoned in. I guess the phone gamble game pays better.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
do anyone really wants the spawn rate increase CE in the support? I just want to finish these quests and you're making them harder :(

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

do anyone really wants the spawn rate increase CE in the support? I just want to finish these quests and you're making them harder :(

I’m still grinding to get enough to MLB the 5*

when is this thing gonna drop!!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Tired Moritz posted:

I'm pretty much exclusively looking for MLBed gacha CEs; the Mata Hari CE I already got because I am planning on running the feather node almost exclusively. I wound up MLBing Wizard & Priest because I weirdly got like 3 CE drops killing Vlad at the castle gates so I figured I might as well. Unfortunately no Brave Eli's so that will have to wait until the rerun.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
If you're joshing for Mat drops then you probably want the spawn CEs

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Captain Baal posted:

Because why gently caress would you even want to do that?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

RanKizama posted:

Because some people have no taste.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

RanKizama posted:

to spite the tan meme people

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

Tired Moritz posted:

Seeing as I have yet to get my Eli CE MLB, I am thankful for the people in my list who have it MLB on their supports as it saves me the trouble of having to use all my slots for spawn rate increasers.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
At least the Pyramid is one of the drop spots for the Eli CE so you can grind while you grind.

Already got mine, though. This loving RNG :negative: Can't get Jalter, but I can get CE drops like nobodys business.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

genericnick posted:

Rolled for Cuzerker, got Osakabe. Her skillset is thematically fitting at least. For someone who never wants to leave her room. Never roll.

Also sort of off-topic, but part of what got me to give FGO a try was that I have a nostalgic attachment to Sakurai's Steampunk series. I suppose we don't really have a fitting thread for that? I don't feel like opening one since all I really have to say is that there was a new entry and it was pretty phoned in. I guess the phone gamble game pays better.

Sakurai didn't write the latest one iirc.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

How (or rather where) do you get a Shield and/or Cape for the weekly?
Pyramid node is not collaborating.

E: and I'm not really sure it can collaborate looking at the drop list

Omobono fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Nov 1, 2018

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The Castle Gate can drop capes

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I wish D'Eon's NP was as good as part of Waver's NP.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
An NP5 D’eon post-interlude might actually be worthwhile. That 30% Atk down for 3 turns must stack with a few servants decently?

Fortunately my D’eon is NP5 somehow.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
wow, Ozzy looks terrible with his hair back. Glad to see they changed it immediately in his third stage.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

This week has sucked for me, personally, so I'm running out of time to complete the missions to get my sword lizard.

Maybe this weekend.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Man, Brave Liz would actually be pretty cool if not for the baffling third skill and the outfit. I mean, she's not as good as Kintoki or Kuro (who obviously has a similar visual problem) but a solid welfare.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I'm in the market for a mobage and I kinda want it to be some sorta jrpg-esque game

1) How friendly is this to surface level people who don't roll or throw cash at gachas? I just want to mindlessly attack enemies during my work's downtime

2) If I (or rather, my phone) closes the app mid-battle, will it resume it? Will I lose much progress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Morter posted:

I'm in the market for a mobage and I kinda want it to be some sorta jrpg-esque game

1) How friendly is this to surface level people who don't roll or throw cash at gachas? I just want to mindlessly attack enemies during my work's downtime

2) If I (or rather, my phone) closes the app mid-battle, will it resume it? Will I lose much progress?

1) Eh,

2) Yes and only resets the turn (use it for save scumming lol)