Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I just tuned in, is the Direct or Treehouse right now just a lot of narrated Pokémon stuff? Is the other stuff up as a video yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

You can slide back in time on the YouTube stream at the least, if it's not up somewhere else

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Lodin posted:

Up til the very end of that direct I was completely meh since the spirits stuff seemed like the only single player content. Then that CG trailer with the lady singing the theme song and a bunch of silly poo poo happened and now I'm getting it day one.
Also, Shantae and the map fish from Windwaker are spirits so that's cool.

Yeah like I was going to get smash no matter what at some point because I love it but the World of Light thing just took it to a whole different level for me. Day 1 for sure.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Feenix posted:

I just tuned in, is the Direct or Treehouse right now just a lot of narrated Pokémon stuff? Is the other stuff up as a video yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpuBNp27jVw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_D8pzASxyw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WShCN-AYHqA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fccgHnBQ0YM

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

B) Yes it absolutely does on a few occasions. Amalthus was the one who gave Mythra to Addam in the first place to try and kill Malos for betraying him. There's a bunch of cutscenes related to this in the core game but they spell it out even more obviously in Torna and show Malos opening mocking Amalthus to his face. It's very intentionally not obvious at first of course but it becomes pretty clear by the end that this is the case.

And no their goals are not the same at all, Amalthus wants to play God and manipulate the whole world, that's his entire thing. He (wrongly) believes he's the architect's chosen and nobody else is fit to see the architect because he's kind of insane with self-importance by that point, also jealous of the fact that he never got to meet the architect himself, and afraid of what will happen if Malos or Mythra got to meet him. Malos just outright wants to destroy the world, Amalthus, and the architect, for obvious reasons. Amalthus is still trying to stop Malos/Jin by the end of the game because he wants to keep all his toys and continue playing his game.

Malos and Jin's motivations differ because Jin mostly just cares about killing Amalthus, which is why they split up in Ch9. Jin stays behind to get a shot at Amalthus, which he's been waiting for for a good 500 years.

Nobody from Torna is with Amalthus because he's directly responsible for most of the awful poo poo that happened to them. Mikhail especially. All of them are well aware that he's the one who has been pulling all the strings for 500+ years because Jin and Mik and Malos know first hand.

I certainly don't blame you for missing any of that stuff because while it's all in there, it's certainly told in a pretty clunky way so it's easy to miss a lot of it. Torna does a really good job clarifying a lot of it at least.

Huh, that's interesting. I didn't catch most of that playing the game although to be fair I struggled with a lot of the torna scenes because until the end most cutscenes have them talking vaguely about things I don't know about yet, so I kind of wrote them off. For most of the game I thought they were basically Amalthus' shadow ops group doing stuff he couldn't do publicly, although by the end its clear they oppose him as an entity, but I thought they had been used by Malos up until that point.

I absolutely thought Malos and Amalthus were in league until a certain point when Malos goes rogue to do his own evil thing
. It seemed very much a Gestahl/Kefka situation.

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!

Zas posted:

i mean for real though... im not a smash person so i don't care too much but why NOT put sans the skeleton in there

Sakurai said during the direct (referencing Xenoblade Chronicles 2) that all characters were decided on before starting development. I don't think they would have known switch was getting Undertale then. Could be one of the DLC characters.

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"

Zas posted:

i mean for real though... im not a smash person so i don't care too much but why NOT put sans the skeleton in there

Because then you can put it in the DLC. Force people who like sans to get the bundle AND make people who don't like sans buy him with the bundle.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pokemon Let's go looks fun as hell

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Does the new Smash even have a single player campaign? Have they said anything about it?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

katkillad2 posted:

Does the new Smash even have a single player campaign? Have they said anything about it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WShCN-AYHqA

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Pokemon Let's go looks fun as hell

anyone have a gameplay summary? I haven't paid attention to much of pokemon... er, anything? since roughly B/W, let alone side games like this or that Eevee thing (or hell Pokemon Go itself)

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I think there's only 6 new characters besides echoes being introduced in this game. Kinda small although the full roster is still nice.

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!

I know it's just one trailer but World of Light looks really cool!

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Twitter going balls out on Kirby's power over death is the best thing on the internet this week. Thank you Nintendo

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

anyone have a gameplay summary? I haven't paid attention to much of pokemon... er, anything? since roughly B/W, let alone side games like this or that Eevee thing (or hell Pokemon Go itself)

Its Pokemon Go + Rudimentary Pokemon Battling. If you want a super casual chill adventure with 151 of your abominations before god this is the game. If you want a "deeper" pokemon experience youll be waiting till next year

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

It’s stupid that in TYOL 2018 I am excited for Diablo 3 but here I am excited as all hell to play it on the switch after work tomorrow

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dr. VooDoo posted:

It’s stupid that in TYOL 2018 I am excited for Diablo 3 but here I am excited as all hell to play it on the switch after work tomorrow

You are not alone. I have been playing Diablo 3 on PC since the closed beta. This is one of my all time favorite games.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Axel Serenity posted:

Twitter going balls out on Kirby's power over death is the best thing on the internet this week. Thank you Nintendo

Isn't it canon on one of his games that he straight up fights and consumes GOD?

Dr. VooDoo posted:

After work? My friend, doing rifts during lunch is going to be magical.

Ciaphas posted:

The treehouse today showed gameplay. It's basically pokemon yellow with casual pokemon Go mechanics. Wild pokemons spawn in the area and you catch them (like Go) and your whole team earns XP from it. Trainer battles are the same as regular pokemon.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Nov 1, 2018

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Tender Bender posted:

I think there's only 6 new characters besides echoes being introduced in this game. Kinda small although the full roster is still nice.

Let's see.
Simon, Isabelle, K Rool, Inceneroar, Splatling, and that's all I think?

Plus Pirahna plant and five others as dlc

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
https://twitter.com/Diablo/status/1058040990240571392

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Al Borland Corpse posted:

Let's see.
Simon, Isabelle, K Rool, Inceneroar, Splatling, and that's all I think?

Plus Pirahna plant and five others as dlc

Ridley, although I understand he was too big to fit in your post. I think that's it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dr. VooDoo posted:

no way, I had ordered it for tomorrow and I am stoked as gently caress for it. I haven't even gotten Red Dead yet, I just really want to play D3 everywhere

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Amiibo really took the right approach "these are basically Funko pops except not ugly (usually) and unlock some nominal reward"

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

funny every time, i swear

wonder how that cartoon held up

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Ciaphas posted:

funny every time, i swear

wonder how that cartoon held up

Don't

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

appreciate the wave-off :cheers:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Starlink is a doorbuster deal at Target this year for Black Friday

Isn't the digital version still a better deal if you want all the ships and weapons?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Diablo 3 ran pretty drat well with four players just now. Wonder how four fully specced lag Witch Doctors will fare in a rift.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Aw man poor Starlink.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Astro7x posted:

Starlink is a doorbuster deal at Target this year for Black Friday

Isn't the digital version still a better deal if you want all the ships and weapons?

Yeah as a game the physical version is kind of a garbage deal financially

I guarantee tho if i were a kid any parent who gave this physical version to me would be on the Honor Roll forever more because, price aside, i think that's a rad gimmick

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
Been thinking of picking up a Switch Pro Controller - is the d-pad still an issue and how easy is it to fix?

Also are any of the third-party controllers worth a drat or will I have to shell out £60 for this thing?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Thought you nerds might appreciate my pumpkin carving effort this year

Unfortunately it will soon degrade, much like the weapons in the game

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Nov 1, 2018

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MZ posted:

Been thinking of picking up a Switch Pro Controller - is the d-pad still an issue and how easy is it to fix?

Also are any of the third-party controllers worth a drat or will I have to shell out £60 for this thing?

The 3rd party bluetooth adapter makes XB1/360 and PS3/4 controllers work like a dream for <$20 if you've got a spare lying around.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Huxley posted:

The 3rd party bluetooth adapter makes XB1/360 and PS3/4 controllers work like a dream for <$20 if you've got a spare lying around.

what adapter is this, and is it better than your bog standard USB bluetooth transceiver that my controllers regularly disconnect/unpair mysteriously from

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Ciaphas posted:

what adapter is this, and is it better than your bog standard USB bluetooth transceiver that my controllers regularly disconnect/unpair mysteriously from

I haven't had any disconnect issues with the 8bitdo, though I don't use it full-time (I'm probably 75% handheld).

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Butterfly Valley posted:

Thought you nerds might appreciate my pumpkin carving effort this year

Unfortunately it will soon degrade, much like the weapons in the game

Make sure to throw it at someone before it fully breaks!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

fair enough, i'm pretty sure my household is just Accursed with respect to bluetooth for some reason

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

SN30 Pro is $50(usually can find it for 40) and drat good. Has gyro and rumble.

A new one released yesterday is Hycarus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaEwHxrC0Mo

Which is $30 Bluetooth and has gyro and rumble. It's serviceable and more like a dual shock 4.

Both share the same flaw though, they can't wake the system from sleep.

Finally there is the PowerA Avanced wireless which is 40 or 50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owd57VBLqnM

It has no rumble or gyro, but what it DOES have is two programmable bumpers on the back, and it's officially licensed and the only third party controller I know of that can wake the system from sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I had miserable luck with all controllers when I played lying down on my couch. Literally the only thing in the sight-line between my Switch OR my PS4 were my feet, but I got horrible lag in all sorts of games that went away when I sat up.

I rearranged a bit and stopped playing lying down and I've never had an issue with any bluetooth devices since. People tell me it's impossible that my feet in the way would be causing lag and disconnects because of how bluetooth works, but I started getting a chair and sitting square to the TV and never had another problem.

Bluetooth is black magic and I never question anyone saying their experience with it is good bad or inbetween.