Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you thankful for?
This poll is closed.
Video games (sincere) 44 10.89%
Video games (ironic) 14 3.47%
Video games (the mod) 74 18.32%
Video games (but only for my platform of choice) 10 2.48%
Video games (but only the one game I play) 13 3.22%
Video games (but only the ones I played as a kid) 17 4.21%
Family, friends, your job, the forum (sincere) 38 9.41%
Family, friends, your job, the forum (ironic) 14 3.47%
Bowsette 117 28.96%
That this Bowsette meme seems to be dying 63 15.59%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mr E posted:

Mark Brown didn't like Wind Waker dungeons and for that I can never forgive him but he makes pretty good videos.

I forgave him because he hasn't really made a video since that I didn't like

We all make mistakes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

All those walking sims that have you shoot 50 people to death within the first hour

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i like wind waker but i wish it was a finished game that didn't squander a lot of the most interesting things it sets up

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

lets hang out posted:

All those walking sims that have you shoot 50 people to death within the first hour

Looks like someone didn't find the hidden game mode in Firewatch.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

lets hang out posted:

american walking simulators

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Wind Waker had the potential to be one of the best games but it does feel half finished. Still salty they basically put Tetra on a bus. Even the direct sequels were like nah she’s still getting on that bus.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

How do we feel about Death Stranding, which appears to be a glorified walking sim?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i wasn't aware death stranding appeared to be anything yet, have they shown any actual gameplay footage

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

i wasn't aware death stranding appeared to be anything yet, have they shown any actual gameplay footage

They showed walking

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Cowcaster posted:

Yes, but its all just walking around. I'm of the opinion that they just haven't revealed the main gameplay loop yet

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Doesn't appear to be about cowboys, so trash

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
We saw boxes so right now I’m thinking it’s delivery boy simulator

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

great now i have to throw away this big pile of hack jokes about death stranding i happen to have for no reason

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It turns out Kojima's twitter feed was showing actual gameplay footage after all and the main loop will consist of taking various B-list celebrities out on expensive dinner dates.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I watched the smash direct and I think smash looks good and all but I feel dumb for not giving even the slightest poo poo about the spirits thing because it just seems like it'll be a grindy chore

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

Heran Bago posted:

I'm looking for a YouTube video where a guy runs backwards around a Sphinx or pyramid level and knife kills every enemy with Coconut Joe as the background music. I think it was called "run on the Sphinx" but I must be mistaken as Google is no help. Please link it if you know what I mean.

Edit as usual, I found it immediately after posting about it.

https://youtu.be/rvJ8z_K6qe8

The gently caress even is this

what did I watch

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

I watched the smash direct and I think smash looks good and all but I feel dumb for not giving even the slightest poo poo about the spirits thing because it just seems like it'll be a grindy chore

It's an excuse to play more smash

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

It turns out Kojima's twitter feed was showing actual gameplay footage after all and the main loop will consist of taking various B-list celebrities out on expensive dinner dates.

erotic game director x actor walking simulator

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

FirstAidKite posted:

It sounds like gacha. You're good and correct to not be interested

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Andrast posted:

It's an excuse to play more smash

Well yeah, I just don't really care for "hey go ahead and collect spirits, then feed them or train them to level them up, send them out on long missions that take a lot of real time to obtain anything, send them back to the real world, fuse their cores, make new spirits, evolve your spirits, level up your spirits, etc etc etc"

My brain just kinda drifted off when it started getting into that stuff, idk why other than just "ok this sounds like they think it is much cooler than it actually is" but idk

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

lol is this something that appeals to children these days

https://twitter.com/theSirToasty/status/1058021364853030912

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

No it's something that appeals to adults these days

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Andrast posted:

No it's something that appeals to adults these days

so ... kids

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

you can buy more with the ingame coins you used to forget to spend on trophies, but afaik you mostly get spirits by fighting event matches labeled with a given spirit so I dunno what's gacha about it

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Transistor came out for the Switch today. Guess I'll spare Video Games (the medium, not the poster) from being murdered this year.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

so you're still going to murder Video Games the poster then

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm going to murder video games ironically

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

GUI posted:

Transistor came out for the Switch today. Guess I'll spare Video Games (the medium, not the poster) from being murdered this year.

Portable Pyre when

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Cowcaster posted:

People die in kid stuff all the time, what is this lol

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Cowcaster posted:

Have you heard of Undertale

https://twitter.com/lordsturm473/status/1058021931864260609

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Can't believe Disney killed off Mufasa, surely this isn't a kids movie anymore

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Mads Mikkelsen isn't B-list. prepare to die

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

an actual dog posted:

Can't believe Disney killed off Mufasa, surely this isn't a kids movie anymore

sorry i must've missed the point where mufasa, goofy mascot for a children's videogame, was disintegrated by atomic fire from space

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

sorry i must've missed the point where mufasa, goofy mascot for a children's videogame, was disintegrated by atomic fire from space

I don't really see how that changes anything

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

It's in the director's cut.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Andrast posted:

I don't really see how that changes anything

it looks really, really stupid

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

it looks really, really stupid

it's cool

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
It's loving dumb that Pikachu was keeping up with Sonic at all tbh.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

It's loving dumb that Pikachu was keeping up with Sonic at all tbh.

Sonic sucks, Kirby is faster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

children have always loved death

• Locked thread