Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you thankful for?
This poll is closed.
Video games (sincere) 44 10.89%
Video games (ironic) 14 3.47%
Video games (the mod) 74 18.32%
Video games (but only for my platform of choice) 10 2.48%
Video games (but only the one game I play) 13 3.22%
Video games (but only the ones I played as a kid) 17 4.21%
Family, friends, your job, the forum (sincere) 38 9.41%
Family, friends, your job, the forum (ironic) 14 3.47%
Bowsette 117 28.96%
That this Bowsette meme seems to be dying 63 15.59%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

PantsBandit posted:

It's loving dumb that Pikachu was keeping up with Sonic at all tbh.

Sonic was slowing down to try and save his best friend, Pikachu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

CJacobs posted:

who decided that people really love seeing all their favorite characters die or be erased from existence, can i go back in time and kick them in the head so they don't decide to make it a thing

They’ll be fine.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Corporate mascots

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

They’ll be fine.

Well yeah, Kirby is there to save them

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Corporate mascots

Kill the corporations, not the mascots.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

pikachu has a family to look after now tho

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Forget Smash Bros. Smash the State imo

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

CJacobs posted:

who decided that people really love seeing all their favorite characters die or be erased from existence, can i go back in time and kick them in the head so they don't decide to make it a thing

those brothers who did that film this year

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

:laffo:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

exquisite tea posted:

They’ll be fine.

Sonic The Hedgehog especially because this is not the first time he's been killed from behind by a bullshit laser out of nowhere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCbqG372zZE&t=26s

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm close to the end of Overlord but I've decided I'm giving up. I've reached a point where minion wipes are common and grinding up replacements is such a loving chore. I don't want to spend ten minutes getting my guys back between boss attempts.

e: At least this means I now get to play Resident Evil 4 for the first time :toot:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

world of light mode gonna end with the wings opening with Quick Man inside

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Sonic The Hedgehog especially because this is not the first time he's been killed from behind by a bullshit laser out of nowhere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCbqG372zZE&t=26s

All Sonic game are his dreams as he is dying in 06.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

CJacobs posted:

infinity war made a lot of money

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

CJacobs posted:

Whoever wrote the 1986 Transformers movie

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

chumbler posted:

I'd believe that, fantasizing he is in a better game would make sense

haveblue posted:

Whoever wrote the 1986 Transformers movie

Oh god you're right

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CJacobs posted:

I'd believe that, fantasizing he is in a better game would make sense

Sonic 06 is a work of art

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

chumbler posted:

I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Rarity posted:

I'm close to the end of Overlord but I've decided I'm giving up. I've reached a point where minion wipes are common and grinding up replacements is such a loving chore. I don't want to spend ten minutes getting my guys back between boss attempts.

e: At least this means I now get to play Resident Evil 4 for the first time :toot:

what lady did you pick

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't know what's going on but it's worth it

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Sakurazuka posted:

I don't know what's going on but it's worth it

Bayonetta sold to give Kirby a push.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Andrast posted:

Sonic 06 is a work of art

It really is. What's interesting about sonic 06 to me is that it's ALMOST a good game, but it's different than most almost-good games. Most almost-good games are really good in one area but flawed in most other areas. Sonic 06 is equally flawed in all areas, as if every concept was 75% complete, instead of some being 100% complete and others being half-baked. It feels like a beta that leaked instead of a finished game.

edit: The reason I am fascinated by that tho is that I can't think of any other games that are like that. Sonic 06 doesn't feel like a finished bad game, it feels like an unfinished good game, to me.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

pretty dumb of Nintendo to put together such a huge roster just to kill them all off

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

CJacobs posted:

That scene in SotN where Death takes Alucard's equipment only Alucard's stuff is all your video game friends and you are Alucard and Death is still Death.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

LawfulWaffle posted:

That scene in SotN where Death takes Alucard's equipment only Alucard's stuff is all your video game friends and you are Alucard and Death is still Death.

Death should steal your equipment at the start of all video games imo

edit: And he should do a skeletor laugh while he flies away with all your junk too

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Mega Man and Death having a casual chat while Death steals all the weapons and poo poo he earned or was given by Dr Light for the 20th time.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Did the recent SotN remaster keep I am the Wind or is it still gone like in the 360 version

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

This owns and I want more of it.

Ready To Smash

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

I really enjoyed today's direct.

https://twitter.com/rainbowfission/status/1058063582771011586

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

GUI posted:

Did the recent SotN remaster keep I am the Wind or is it still gone like in the 360 version

It's gone forever and good riddance

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Death not stealing anything because they ported the PSP version and I pushed the backdash button right as I entered the room.

GUI posted:

It's only in the original release, Requiem is just the PSP DXC sans the Rondo remake (and with an additional SotN map bug for some reason).

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I can't find it again but pretend I emptyquoted the post saying that smash trailers are insanely good at producing hype and I have to actively remind myself I don't like smash

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
They do really capture that childhood excitement of "WHAT IF GOKU FOUGHT SUPERMAN" well.

edit: Sonic saving the day at the end of Subspace Emissary made me go OOOOOOOHHHHHH out loud because I got really into it

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CJacobs posted:

They do really capture that childhood excitement of "WHAT IF GOKU FOUGHT SUPERMAN" well.

edit: Sonic saving the day at the end of Subspace Emissary made me go OOOOOOOHHHHHH out loud because I got really into it

What if Goku fought the Villager from animal crossing though!?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I wanna see villager pocket a kamehameha

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

oddium posted:

what lady did you pick

Velvet, I couldn't stop myself

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Looper posted:

infinity war made a lot of money

https://twitter.com/Bloxum1/status/1058034348778274816

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

imagine spending 5 episodes charging a spirit bomb only for the villager to put it in their pocket

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

It's gone forever and good riddance

Phantasium posted:

It's only in the original release, Requiem is just the PSP DXC sans the Rondo remake (and with an additional SotN map bug for some reason).

Every day we stray further from God's light.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Wait are some people actually thinking you get spirits by using actual money? Nobody seriously thought that right?

• Locked thread