Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brick Shipment
Jun 22, 2009

Elfgames posted:

same but zoroark and the question "why does this fox have shoulder pads that would make the80's blush?"

This description just makes me like Zoroark even more.
Lucario is still a tragedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alloran
Dec 30, 2014

I think this line is mostly filler.
Was doing a bit of cleaning up and found an extra Groudon/Kyogre code, here now for anyone who may have missed the event.

A852 EJ53 RMPA Z5AR

Also, if anyone has any extra codes from the past few months, I'd love to give one a good home. I put my gameboy down and ignored Pokemon for a few months. Ya know. Like you do.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Bongo Bill posted:

Let's Go has different mechanics from the main series, so it's too early to say who will be powerful.

Wait really? I know there are no abilities or items but I thought in general stats, moves etc are more or less the same. Plus since it's Blue/Red we know more or less

indigi posted:

it seems like the starters will be extremely OP and if there is an online versus component I doubt they'll be allowed without being nerfed

Oh yeah I forgot about this too. That would be a bit dumb if the starters really did have the attack power of a mewtwo

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

The main reason psychic types ran amok in gen1 was that they had no counters - dark didn't exist, the only ghost move that dealt damage was lick, and for bug your only real option was Jolteon's pin missile. Alakazam in particular was so strong because fire/ice/thunder punch and psychic all ran off the special - which also doubled as a defensive stat for it.

Assuming pokemon will get their modern move sets a lot of gen1 ones should be do just fine this time round.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Alloran posted:

Was doing a bit of cleaning up and found an extra Groudon/Kyogre code, here now for anyone who may have missed the event.

A852 EJ53 RMPA Z5AR

Also, if anyone has any extra codes from the past few months, I'd love to give one a good home. I put my gameboy down and ignored Pokemon for a few months. Ya know. Like you do.

Just claimed this, thank you.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

I'll hear no more denigration of good dog Lucario.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Incineroar just got announced for SMash Ultimate.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Welcome to November, thread! This month looks to be the last legendary distribution of 2018 according to http://www.pokemonlegendary.com, with Ho-Oh and Lugia getting sent out. There are no details yet on the method of distribution, but I'll let y'all know what I find.

Also I have the October codes sitting in a spreadsheet. Are there any remaining gimmick giveaways going on for Zeraora, Reshiram, and Zekrom?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Ho-Oh and Lugia are a Gamestop code starting tomorrow through the 25.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
Welp, Pokemon Let's Go has a person in Pokemon Centers that can, for a fee, set what Natures the pokemon you find in the wild have. That's wild.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Fancy Hat! posted:

Welp, Pokemon Let's Go has a person in Pokemon Centers that can, for a fee, set what Natures the pokemon you find in the wild have. That's wild.

They had to make up for the lack of Synchronize somehow. It's an acceptable way, I guess, but it's not exactly a new feature so much as a patch to fix what they broke.

Also Baddy Bad is a move and it's probably the single most embarassing thing I've ever seen in this franchise for five year olds. Yikes.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Baddy Bad is the Metacritic consensus for LGPE

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The synchronize method was kinda dumb, so I hope they add the Let's Go fix to future games instead.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

countdown to someone barging in to say how randomly hoping for a specific minor stat boost on a random encounter is how it should be and how let's go is making pokemon more for casuals

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.

Blaze Dragon posted:

They had to make up for the lack of Synchronize somehow. It's an acceptable way, I guess, but it's not exactly a new feature so much as a patch to fix what they broke.

I think it's a little more significant since you dont have to have an exact pokemon with the nature you want and also the Synchronize ability. Just dropping 500 seems a little more accessible and far, far less obtuse.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Johnny Joestar posted:

countdown to someone barging in to say how randomly hoping for a specific minor stat boost on a random encounter is how it should be and how let's go is making pokemon more for casuals

kinda like this?

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Let's Go is the new Nintendogs game and it's going to be great.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Fancy Hat! posted:

Do this in the games I wanna play game freak, please

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Kurieg posted:

Incineroar just got announced for SMash Ultimate.

Primarina when?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

primarina is already in smash, when the announcer says failure

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Incineroar looks ugly as gently caress in Smash and is also the worst Gen VII choice they could have made.

smash bad

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

the middle one is better

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

oddium posted:

mods??

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

oddium posted:

this post deserves the Nobel Prize for literature

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Zore posted:

Incineroar looks ugly as gently caress in Smash and is also the worst Gen VII choice they could have made.

smash bad

you're bad

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Zore posted:

smash bad

I hold out very faint hope that Decidueye might get in since it's the most popular of the Alola starters, but I'm not that upset about getting the John Cena. Provided that they play up the wrestling moves and give good animations.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Geostomp posted:

I hold out very faint hope that Decidueye might get in since it's the most popular of the Alola starters, but I'm not that upset about getting the John Cena. Provided that they play up the wrestling moves and give good animations.

Every move comes with a pose.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
Incineroar is one of the only truly appropriate Pokémon to add to smash at this point.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Geostomp posted:

Decidueye (...) it's the most popular of the Alola starters

imagine being this delusional

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Incineroar inciner-owns

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
did we have the ghost owl being the number grass/ghost type of most goons? I don't think so!!!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

mandatory lesbian posted:

Do this in the games I wanna play game freak, please

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Nanigans posted:

Incineroar inciner-owns

:hai:

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

less laughter posted:

imagine being this delusional

Seriously, it's a rowlet when you first get it.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
yeah but he said Decidueye not Rowlet@Everstone

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Zore posted:

smash bad

Incineroar is beautiful and my friend and a perfect fit for Smash.

Fancy Hat! posted:

Put this feature in the main games, please.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oddium posted:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Blaze Dragon posted:

Also Baddy Bad is a move and it's probably the single most embarassing thing I've ever seen in this franchise for five year olds. Yikes.

What makes it embarrassing?

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Electric Phantasm posted:

What makes it embarrassing?

I would assume the name, for one.

Forgot to post yesterday - here's one of the pumpkins I carved for Halloween.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

oddium posted: