Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
My Ragnaros just got target banned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

lucifirius posted:

Like, in a draft? None of the matchmade draft screens show opponent names for basically this reason.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

I wonder if this makes reverse amp viable. Previously Amp It Up has 20% uptime. Now with Reverse Amp it goes to almost 31% which is pretty significant.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

I find it weird that Malganis only got superficial nerfs instead of dealing with the things that make him super oppressive.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

lucifirius posted:

I don't think that's possible anymore unless like someone is stream sniping you in a draft (if you're streaming), the client doesn't show player names on the other team until after the draft (which is also when hotdogs gives you the pregame stats)

NameHurtBrain
Jan 17, 2015
It might be a case of suspecting you're getting the same people again and again though as you would in off hours.

Or they got out of a Rag game where he was too oppressive and instrumental in their failure. You may have caused that.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
It was the same enemy as the previous game, I was last pick, and I've been doing a lot of Ragnaros lately. There's no reason to ban Rag, especially on Alterac, unless you know you're against a guy that favors him.

I should've PM'd him to ask if he targeted, but I'm very sure he did.

Oh, I lost that Rag game too.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
What is a target ban

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Macaluso posted:

What is a target ban

When you know someone on the enemy team is good at a hero you ban that hero so they don't get it, especially when you know they're good at that hero.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I aspire to my Medivh getting target banned.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Target banning is extremely common in my masters games. There are so few people in that elo that you either have a lot of them on friends list or end up Ingame with the same people multiple games in a row.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
I ban Medivh on principle. I don't want the other team to have him, and I don't want my team to have him either. Malganis be damned.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I wonder if this makes reverse amp viable. Previously Amp It Up has 20% uptime. Now with Reverse Amp it goes to almost 31% which is pretty significant.

I doubt it - as a Lucio Apologist myself, having Sound Barrier's burst mitigation is just too viable. IMO they really just need to rework Lucio's ult into a Tracer-like state: he has it by default, it gets charged by doing damage/healing/boops, and there are three Talents for it at Level 10.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Noah posted:

I ban Medivh on principle. I don't want the other team to have him, and I don't want my team to have him either. Malganis be damned.

I topped my record last night with Lightglobe, and completed the Q at 2:27. Their Morales did not appreciate the outcome.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Medivh is one of those heroes I want to play more of but never really feel like I get the chance to.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

Kith posted:

I doubt it - as a Lucio Apologist myself, having Sound Barrier's burst mitigation is just too viable. IMO they really just need to rework Lucio's ult into a Tracer-like state: he has it by default, it gets charged by doing damage/healing/boops, and there are three Talents for it at Level 10.

Yeah I’m down with this. If anything, that kind of design style should apply to all Overwatch heroes. Eye Of Horus is pretty good, but everyone elses second ult could probably be removed with little fanfare.

Like, X Strike is good, but it gives Genji yet anothet defensive option on top of Reflect, Jump & Bail and Swift Strike. Zarya’s Repulsion Zone while useful is dumb and boring. Junkrat’s Rocket Ride prob gives him a little too much survivability for how much range he has.

In conclusion, I think you should be Lead Designer of the Blizzard MOBA Heroes of the Storm.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
You could have 3 level 10 talents for Lucio’s ult:

Unchained Melody: Heroes under the effect of Sound Barrier gain both Crossfade benefits

Coda: A second Sound Barrier pulse occurs 5 seconds later at 50% strength

Kick Out The Jams: Enemies in range of Sound Barrier are knocked back

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Lucio having access to sound barrier pre 10 sounds extremely miserable though. It's way more of a fight swinger than pulse bomb or D.Va's self destruct.

I mean I know there are characters who have ult-like abilities as traits, like Ragnaros or Alexstraza, but those come with fairly significant cooldowns and other limits as well. Balancing an Overwatch charging-style sound barrier seems like it'd be a huge pain in the rear end.

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax
I only play with my friends so I get to play Medivh all the time. They like the burst protection from FoW and I like to style on people with portals and also I'm a bird. Medivh owns.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Yeah I’m down with this. If anything, that kind of design style should apply to all Overwatch heroes. Eye Of Horus is pretty good, but everyone elses second ult could probably be removed with little fanfare.

Like, X Strike is good, but it gives Genji yet anothet defensive option on top of Reflect, Jump & Bail and Swift Strike. Zarya’s Repulsion Zone while useful is dumb and boring. Junkrat’s Rocket Ride prob gives him a little too much survivability for how much range he has.

In conclusion, I think you should be Lead Designer of the Blizzard MOBA Heroes of the Storm.

junkrats rocket ride is one of the game’s worst ults and its level 20 upgrade is I think the lowest win rate talent there is so hearing you talk about it this way is weird

DAD LOST MY IPOD fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Nov 1, 2018

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I said come in! posted:

I am pretty new to Heroes of the Storm and am confused by the pricing of unlocking new heroes. They seem prohibitively expensive, both in gold, and real dollar value. I was wondering if I am just missing something? What should my expectation be for unlocking new heroes? I have just been focusing on doing the dailies, playing co-op against AI, and leveling up the heroes that I have for loot boxes.

The rumor mill is all over the place for blizzcon as usual but just in case I'd avoid buying any heroes until after this weekend. There's a chance they announce the hero bundles again like where you pick a class and get a ton of heroes of that type for free/cheap, or something similar.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

the official forums are loving wild

quote:

Encouraging sick behavior while censoring free speech is a complete and total shame and should be directly reprimanded. Whoever thought it was a good idea at Blizzard needs to be fired. Whoever was whipped into making it needs to be given paid vacation. Whoever made it willingly/happily needs to be fired.

Kids play this game and see this mount as encouraging behavior of a select group of people that don’t have healthy social relationships. Wonder William promotes dysfunctional lifestyles devoid of family values. It supports the damaging of our youth which guides them to fringe forms of media.

With the recent years’ revelations coming to light with regard to incredibly disgusting, toxic television and movie “artists,” which push these “values,” it’s clear that there’s a consorted effort on the part of the media industry to damage the teenage mind and to cause them to question their God given strength.

If it was truly a supportive gesture, the mount would have been free, but it is 12k gold, almost the amount worth a new OP hero release. Instead of empowering these vulnerable people, Blizzard has released a mount that directly bankrupts their efforts to grow out of the corruption that surrounds them in mainstream programming.

Completely and totally shame on you, Blizzard. Delete, refund, and most of all, apologize.

I like how there are all measures of nearly naked or completely naked individuals, including a frog in a diaper and Literally Satan, but the biggest threat to decency in this guy's mind is...

A flamboyant goat.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Sure but like there's only a .07% chance it wasn't just trolling though

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Elysium posted:

Sure but like there's only a .07% chance it wasn't just trolling though

I read the thread. If it is a troll, it's a longform one.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Hilariously, my friend had that happen to her with Probius. She picked him on Towers of Doom and hardcarried the game, after our team went "wait, why Probius?". Next game, we get matched with the same people on our team, and the first ban? Probius.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Kith posted:

I read the thread. If it is a troll, it's a longform one.

I don't know how anyone can read that and not recognize it as a weak, obvious troll.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Kith posted:

the official forums are loving wild

I like how there are all measures of nearly naked or completely naked individuals, including a frog in a diaper and Literally Satan, but the biggest threat to decency in this guy's mind is...

A flamboyant goat.

What specifically is the objection here?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

What specifically is the objection here?

He thinks Wonder William promotes LGBT values and that those values are evil.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Toady posted:

I don't know how anyone can read that and not recognize it as a weak, obvious troll.

Have you seen the state of the world in 2018? It turns out there's nothing so stupid that people won't sincerely and unironically espouse it.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Captain Oblivious posted:

He thinks Wonder William promotes LGBT values and that those values are evil.

Ty, couldn't tell if it was that or some weird autism/developmental condition thing the way some of it was worded

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I've been playing a lot of Chen and I just want him to be good so badly

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

F

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
His rolling ult is hilarious and I'd like to see more of it.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Go sonya Chen and take the level 20s and do the washing machine ult.

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

Froghammer posted:

I've been playing a lot of Chen and I just want him to be good so badly

Something like “Chen is Unstoppable while drinking” would lead to some hilarious counterplays, but might also be broken, so who knows

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

The counter to Chen drinking is any form of cc. Making him cc immune(and thus nearly damage immune) whenever he feels like it would be a little broken, yes.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Go sonya Chen and take the level 20s and do the washing machine ult.

OMG

If only Deckard could make a lorenado that didn't move to help seal it off... Tassadar's wall could help

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
So how broken would Rexxar be if you could issue separate commands fully a la Lost Vikings, but with the "you can't get too far away from Misha before Misha defaults to running towards you" leash?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Make Misha a 6th player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

OMG

If only Deckard could make a lorenado that didn't move to help seal it off... Tassadar's wall could help

What? If they're in sonya's arena from the level 20 heroic leap, they won't get knocked out by barrel. You just go into the arena and barrel and start spinning them. It was a funny thing to do back when the game first came out but I haven't seen it in a while