Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Cessna posted:

Compared to these guys, sorta, yeah:

They just wanna spread Nurgle's love, OK?

Are you gonna tell me that those Great Unclean Ones don't look like they give amazing hugs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
I finished the squad of Lootas to go with the test model I did earlier in the week:

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

R0ckfish posted:

I finished the squad of Lootas to go with the test model I did earlier in the week:

As a known connoisseur of blue, I approve of this message. The contrast of the blue against the green is excellent. Makes me wish I could finish off my Warboss.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:

Cessna posted:

Compared to these guys, sorta, yeah:

Nurgle followers are literally the only people who are happy and joyful in the entire universe.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Nurgle is the most hopeful and joyous entity in 40k!

Except maybe the laughing god.

Efb!

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Tau, by comparison, are joyless anime lovers. They're definitely among the worst of all 40k factions.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Mugaaz posted:

Nurgle followers are literally the only people who are happy and joyful in the entire universe.

Orks?

Pendent posted:

Tau, by comparison, are joyless anime lovers.

Hm, good point.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:

Orks are pretty close.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Mugaaz posted:

Orks are pretty close.

Isn't ork heaven an eternally time warped planet that lets them live in groundhog day but where they just murder each other all day every day and it's not like a place souls go it's a planet you can fly to?

I feel like war is basically living their perfect selves and that's lovely.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
That planet is on Khorne's doorstep, and he's apparently still incredulous that the orks have never gotten bored of a planet that refills with enemies every morning.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

So I haven't played Warhammer in years (I sold all my armies two years ago, I had a good number of models from the 90s up to 2010 or so) and I don't plan on playing ever again, at least not until I can afford it, but I was thinking I'd like to go get some models to build and paint since I've got some time while I'm job hunting. Am I insane or are Warhammer models a lot more expensive than they used to be? Forgeworld stuff for 30,000 has squads of Jump Marines that look like basically the same plastic sprues of jump marines I bought in the early 2000s for $25, only now they're $60. Units of Guardsman have doubled in price and so have Orks.

I'm just wondering if I'm missing something or if the prices have just drastically increased. I was sort of looking forward to picking up some Mordian Iron Guardsman or something and some paints but it seems like things have changed considerably.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Prices have increased but the 30k stuff is a different premium line with increased poseability and customization.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8sGFx_1H4E

Dark Mechanicus? Traitor Guard? (Possible) New Beastmen?

Why can't this be out already?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

moths posted:

Nurgle is the most hopeful and joyous entity in 40k!

Except maybe the laughing god.

Efb!

The laughing God's laughter is snide and mocking. Grandpa Nurgle's laughter is jolly and mirthful.

eSportseXpert
Jun 24, 2005

Stupid fucking white man.
It's a techy chaos cult (so dark mech kinda), it says in the article.

I think its hand/weapon was in a rumour engine a while ago actually.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

panascope posted:

Prices have increased but the 30k stuff is a different premium line with increased poseability and customization.

Word, that makes sense I guess. Is it possible to buy like a nice sized box of older Guardsmen or even Warhammer fantasy models at a lower price somewhere, or are they generally more expensive? Maybe I'll just buy something cheap, because for all the changes the game has apparently undergone, the Mechanicus models look absolutely dope.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Frog Act posted:

Word, that makes sense I guess. Is it possible to buy like a nice sized box of older Guardsmen or even Warhammer fantasy models at a lower price somewhere, or are they generally more expensive? Maybe I'll just buy something cheap, because for all the changes the game has apparently undergone, the Mechanicus models look absolutely dope.

The boxes from gw have gone up some but not a ton since 2010. It's just the forgeworld stuff that is going to hit you with the crazy prices, especially if you compare fw resin to gw plastic.

Count_Brass
Jul 16, 2009
Ebay is your best bet, Mechanicum Skitarii are going pretty cheap because of the Kill Team and Forgebane boxes.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

panascope posted:

Decreased quality control, though

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

TheChirurgeon posted:

Decreased quality control, though

It’s the Range Rover of model lines.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man
Now GW are no longer (as) bad, they also do a lot of bundles, getting started, and starter boxes that offer insane savings compared to separate boxes and in some cases cost the same as one of the things in the box with the rest of the stuff effectively free (Seraphon starter I'm looking at you).

Also find a non GW store and buy from them to get a flat 20% off (in most cases) the price, so that a "Get Starting" box will cost you £40 vs £50 (equivalent post Brexit Turnip count or whatever moon currency you use.).

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Technowolf posted:

Those two guys at the beginning certainly look like the Khorne version of Tzaangors to me.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

richyp posted:

Also find a non GW store and buy from them to get a flat 20% off (in most cases) the price, so that a "Get Starting" box will cost you £40 vs £50 (equivalent post Brexit Turnip count or whatever moon currency you use.).

The 20% discount is not universally available. Maybe UK only? In Canada it is capped at 15%, presumably the US is the same.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Maneck posted:

The 20% discount is not universally available. Maybe UK only? In Canada it is capped at 15%, presumably the US is the same.

Web stores are capped at 15, in stores tend to be 20%

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Champions of hope? More like champions of soap.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Orks are the good guys.

Dunno about good, but orks is definitely best.

Orks also can't lose.

"Orkses is never defeated in battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fighting so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!"

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

R0ckfish posted:

So vibrant!

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Deathskulls is bestskulls

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Liquid Communism posted:

That planet is on Khorne's doorstep, and he's apparently still incredulous that the orks have never gotten bored of a planet that refills with enemies every morning.

There's a reason Khorne has tried to convert the orks. He respects them.

Too bad Mork and Gork called dibs!

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

R0ckfish posted:

What are all the colors here?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Technowolf posted:

The article calls them 'Negavolt Cultists' who 'express their heretical devotion by despoiling machinery and corrupting the function of sacred technolgoies. It also says they're common on AdMech planets. So yea, definitely sounds like Dork Mechanicus.

I wonder if these are "related" to the Gellerpox Infected we saw in the Kill Team: Rogue Trader expansion

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Frog Act posted:

Don't buy from GW direct unless you need a made-to-order model.

Everything GW makes is sold wholesale for like 60% MSRP and if you just look around you can find stores and even websites (although GW policy about online makes it a pain) that will sell for just over that.

Additionally, bitz are on ebay for cheap, and if you're willing to strip and repaint some ugly used model, even cheaper.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Technowolf posted:

Looks like new beastmen to me, but I don't expect a full new army line. It'll be 2 new sculpts specifically for blackstone.

Its like that drone they showed. Blackstone lets them do 1-offs they wouldn't have time for in 40k.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Maneck posted:

Canadian here. Most stores around here have a discount of around 10%-15%. The store I prefer provides no base discount but offers annual memberships for around $40, and then provides progressive discounts starting at 10%, up to 15% for purchases above $150, and up to 20% for purchases above $300... plus an additional 5% discount for anyone, member or not, buying anything in the store on the first weekend of every month.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde

R0ckfish posted:

These are lovely - what is the recipe for the blue if you wouldn’t mind sharing please?

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

R0ckfish posted:

richyp posted:

As a known connoisseur of blue, I approve of this message. The contrast of the blue against the green is excellent. Makes me wish I could finish off my Warboss.

Zaphod42 posted:

So vibrant!

mango sentinel posted:

What are all the colors here?

Milotic posted:

These are lovely - what is the recipe for the blue if you wouldn’t mind sharing please?

Fifthed; that really is a great blue. How'd you do it?

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
The blue is pretty simple sotek green with an all over wash of thinned drakenhof nightshade, highlighted with temple guard and baharroth blue.

The ork skin is not too bad either, 2:3 mix of Averland:Skarsnik, all over Bieltan thinned.The extreme rescesses Coelia greenshade, also thinned. Highlights are ogryn camo then ushabti then thin skin like elbows are picked put with kislev.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

eSportseXpert posted:

It's a techy chaos cult (so dark mech kinda), it says in the article.

I think its hand/weapon was in a rumour engine a while ago actually.

Sab669 posted:

The article calls them 'Negavolt Cultists' who 'express their heretical devotion by despoiling machinery and corrupting the function of sacred technolgoies. It also says they're common on AdMech planets. So yea, definitely sounds like Dork Mechanicus.

I wonder if these are "related" to the Gellerpox Infected we saw in the Kill Team: Rogue Trader expansion

Watch the video, my dudes. There's more than our shocky friend in the photo.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Booley posted:

Web stores are capped at 15, in stores tend to be 20%

I believe it is 'advertised prices capped at 15%' and Mox slips in by refusing to answer how much it is and says the prices are on the box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zaphod42 posted:

Looks like new beastmen to me, but I don't expect a full new army line. It'll be 2 new sculpts specifically for blackstone.

Its like that drone they showed. Blackstone lets them do 1-offs they wouldn't have time for in 40k.

It'll be two new sculpts for BF, but I fully expect that they'll do a box of Khaangors sometime in the near future. Like the Tzaangors, it's one kit they can sell for three armies across the two games.