Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Question Friend posted:

Is there a specific hint that Gaster had something to do with this universe or are you guys just guessing

if you use the cell phone in the dark world it makes the same noise as the background noise in gaster entry 17

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Question Friend posted:

Is there a specific hint that Gaster had something to do with this universe or are you guys just guessing

The framing around the game/survey: Gaster is the one who presented it through twitter, and is the initial "voice" at the start through vessel creation. He also seems to be the "voice" of the death messages.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

absolutely anything posted:

if you use the cell phone in the dark world it makes the same noise as the background noise in gaster entry 17

Oh poo poo is that what that sound is? :stare: It playing super slowed down outside the bunker south of town became a lot more distressing

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

Question Friend posted:

yea he visits jevil and is why jevil is insane

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

absolutely anything posted:

If you beat Jevil, the shopkeep says he went insane when he met a strange man and makes a reference to the gaster logs

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
He specifically says the phrase "darker, yet darker" too so it ain't just an inference thing. Everyone's favorite time ghost is still around, hooray!

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Jon Joe posted:

I did the the only logical thing and built a hot robot. Susie asked me why I built something that looks like I want to kiss it, and Ralsei told me it's okay to express myself.

I will NOT deny my MTT obsession. Hot robots, 24/7.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Question Friend posted:

The game opens with a somehow even more sinister remix of his theme from the original game, which was simply titled “HIM”, and called “Another HIM” in DR. So right off the bat if you know what you’re looking for the game is slapping you across the face with GASTER HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THIS WHOLE THING even beyond the meta game stuff with the UT twitter account.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Kitfox88 posted:

I will NOT deny my MTT obsession. Hot robots, 24/7.

On that note, anyone else feel that that Dark World Kris has more than a passing resemblance to Mettaton? Or is it just me?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

On that note, anyone else feel that that Dark World Kris has more than a passing resemblance to Mettaton? Or is it just me?

Thought Kris had turned into some kind of cyborg at first.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

It's not just you, I thought at first that Kris and Susie had somehow combined into a Mettaton-esque thing when they fell into the dark world

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I think it's the shoulder pad and greaves that do it the most, but yeah.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

So since toby is gonna make anagrams A Thing, I put undertale into the anagram generator and it turns out there IS a one-word anagram for it.

"Unaltered"

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

HE'S NOT A REAL GOON, SAM!

Can I keep his head as a souvenir?

Say, why is it ticking?
Does anybody have a transcript of Alphys's review of Mew Mew Kissy Cutey 2 from Undertale? I wanna see how much he called the reaction some fans are already having about the darker aspects of the new game in comparison to the old one, which is to say they hate it.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
There's a room with a messed-up wall in it.

I walked around for a while offscreen and nothing happened. I didn't have the egg at the time though. Of note is that the collision mirrors the right side of the room.

This is a couple screens after the point where you can get the egg.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
What's this about an egg? I must have missed it

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Question Friend posted:

They're removing us. That's why the game ends there, because we stop controlling them

But here's the thing Kris also put us inside of themselves (god that sounds terrible) in the first place. Also, they don't destroy the soul when they take it out, they just keep it in a little cage so they can get it back at anytime. But why? Why does Kris WANT to be controlled by us? I have no idea.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Danaru posted:

What's this about an egg? I must have missed it

if you backtrack from the castle door you have a chance of ending up in a secret room instead of the room with the big bird who shoots you

inside you can get an egg from "a man" who you can't see because he's behind a tree

it does nothing, but it persists in your inventory when you return to the light world and you can put it in asgore's fridge

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

But here's the thing Kris also put us inside of themselves (god that sounds terrible) in the first place. Also, they don't destroy the soul when they take it out, they just keep it in a little cage so they can get it back at anytime. But why? Why does Kris WANT to be controlled by us? I have no idea.

Does not want to share the pie. Pie theory still holds...!!

Solovey
Mar 24, 2009

motive: secret baby

huh, I just got done listening to the OST on bandcamp and the very last track (spoilering just in case: "Before the Story") is the very same, uh... remix? rearrangement?? of "His Theme" from OG Undertale that accompanied the PS4 theme that came with preordering it on that console. I don't recall it showing up anywhere in this game and it doesn't seem to be in the files either, so I wonder if its inclusion here is just for the sake of completeness, or if there's some kind of Deeper Meaning...... :thunk:

EDIT:

MagusDraco posted:

That's the title screen music where you pick your save file.

welp that explains it :downs: I was on that screen for all of two seconds before I decided I didn't actually feel up to backtracking and unlocking that bonus boss, so that's why I didn't recognize it!

Solovey fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Nov 1, 2018

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I think this game is good.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Solovey posted:

huh, I just got done listening to the OST on bandcamp and the very last track (spoilering just in case: "Before the Story") is the very same, uh... remix? rearrangement?? of "His Theme" from OG Undertale that accompanied the PS4 theme that came with preordering it on that console. I don't recall it showing up anywhere in this game and it doesn't seem to be in the files either, so I wonder if its inclusion here is just for the sake of completeness, or if there's some kind of Deeper Meaning...... :thunk:

That's the title screen music where you pick your save file.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

paradoxGentleman posted:

The hottest take.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I'm scared of meeting Susie's family and having my fears that they're abusive shitbags pan out

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

paradoxGentleman posted:

Same, OP.

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Is there an official list of what 16 bit RPG each song in the soundtrack is based on

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I am looking forward to the end game of the man who speaks in hands.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THE POSSIBILITY OF PAIN AND SEIZURE

your SOUL is painfully seized, ripped out, and caged in the ending

i knew my history of never reading the TOS would doom me someday

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Can someone explain what this is cus the OP is just a bunch of tweets

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I swear to god if this happens, it better not.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Kitfox88 posted:

I'm scared of meeting Susie's family and having my fears that they're abusive shitbags pan out

Oh no :( I didn't even think of that

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Roobanguy posted:

that single line probably made me laugh more than anything else in either game.

i had to go to the bathroom after that line because i was afraid i was gonna piss myself

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

Kitfox88 posted:

I swear to god if this happens, it better not.

UNDERTALE 2: TWIN PEAKS EDITION

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Xad posted:

It's not just you, I thought at first that Kris and Susie had somehow combined into a Mettaton-esque thing when they fell into the dark world

phew I thought this game was going to have some digimon fusion thing going on when Kris suddenly has purple armor.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

How Rude posted:

it's a videogame, if you've played Undertale you should check it out

Tired Moritz posted:

phew I thought this game was going to have some digimon fusion thing going on when Kris suddenly has purple armor.

I was thinking Steven Universe fusion, but yeah.... yeah.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Hey. HEY. NO. YOU STOP THAT.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

How Rude posted:

Yeah, the OP and thread title should probably be updated but this is Deltarune, a new game by Toby Fox serving as a pseudo-sequel to Undertale.

As for the game itself, the first episode kind of felt like a heavily abridged version of Undertale in some aspects, which kind of makes me curious what this game's real plot is going to be like going forward.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I'm glad, that despite all of these changes, there's still on universal constant: Burgerpants still has a crappy job and his suffering is hilarious. Although, is he even called Burgerpants in this reality...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I'm glad, that despite all of these changes, there's still on universal constant: Burgerpants still has a crappy job and his suffering is hilarious. Although, is he even called Burgerpants in this reality...?

It's clearly Pezzapants.