Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kiger_Soze
Feb 1, 2005

MakaVillian posted:

I've read his blog and seen some of the whiny poo poo he posts in the comments but wow this is the first time I've looked though his twitter and holy poo poo what an unprofessional little bitch

Yeah he is a loving idiot. His dad is also a local sports journalist and a loving idiot. http://www.knbr.com/2016/09/22/chip-kelly-and-reporter-have-tense-back-and-forth-on-kaepernicks-activism/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

JPrime posted:

AZ's watchability will go downhill so fast when he retires. :(

You can go downhill from the nadir of a crater?

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

You think the truth will set you free...
https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1057011405004648449

lol at the Seahawks lining Fant up in the slot. that poor nickelback.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Painkiller posted:

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1057011405004648449

lol at the Seahawks lining Fant up in the slot. that poor nickelback.

Hahaha Baldinger sounds like a gushing fan, I've never heard him that excited.

Not sure how well the game plan will work against better teams, but it sure worked against the Lions. They had three possessions in the first half. Really fun to crush the time of possession battle after so many years of the offense hanging the defense out to dry.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I just watched the compressed Lions Seahawks game. I was definitely one of the many voices calling Ifedi out as crap and should be cut, and I'm glad I'm not in charge. Turns out that there is genuine talent there that just needed good coaching to bring out. He's not amazing, but looking competent is a massive improvement. Moore is looking amazing as a guy who can catch some great balls one-on-one, and the good running game is really opening up those downfield passes for Wilson. And he actually has a pocket to give them time to develop!

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
Solari is also apparently the guy who wanted to bring Fluker in too.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

shirts and skins posted:

Hahaha Baldinger sounds like a gushing fan, I've never heard him that excited.

Not sure how well the game plan will work against better teams, but it sure worked against the Lions. They had three possessions in the first half. Really fun to crush the time of possession battle after so many years of the offense hanging the defense out to dry.

Lol it's like Jesse Ventura did color commentary for football.

Finger Prince posted:

I just watched the compressed Lions Seahawks game. I was definitely one of the many voices calling Ifedi out as crap and should be cut, and I'm glad I'm not in charge. Turns out that there is genuine talent there that just needed good coaching to bring out. He's not amazing, but looking competent is a massive improvement. Moore is looking amazing as a guy who can catch some great balls one-on-one, and the good running game is really opening up those downfield passes for Wilson. And he actually has a pocket to give them time to develop!

I feel no qualms about calling for Ifedi's head because he was playing like trash and was the worst lineman in the NFL. Going from one of the worst to average is a giant leap and great for the team but I wouldn't have put money on it.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Imagine if we had only fired Cable a few years earlier... Might have another ring on Wilson's finger.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Peachfart posted:

Imagine if we had only fired Cable a few years earlier... Might have another ring on Wilson's finger.

*silent screaming*

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/mattbarrows/status/1057354443102900224

Its Rinaldo posted:

*silent screaming*

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
49ers miraculously turn around season using all direct to fullback snaps

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
I'm good with Mullens. He at least has the potential to be a functional backup, rather than a tackling dummy.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
The Raiders are going to stomp the 49ers. Please take a moment to absorb that fact

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Who is Grant Cohn blaming for this?

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Kyle Shanahan run the single wing bitch

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Free Tom Savage you cowards

You can always play Mullens when Savage dies in the second quarter

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Play posted:

The Raiders are going to stomp the 49ers. Please take a moment to absorb that fact

I like to think that starting Southern Miss' Nick Mullens is the ultimate sign of disrespect towards the Raiders. "Here's a developmental guy who's never started an NFL game before, throwing to a bunch of guys off the street. We still like our chances."

Though Savage would be good for that, too ^^

Maggot Soup
Aug 18, 2005

WE WANT MULLENS

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/1057692114031665153

What. In. The. Actual. gently caress.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Special Teams Coach John Skelton
Strength and Conditioning Coach Kevin Kolb

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Cheer team dance coordinator: Drew Stanton

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/camdasilva/status/1057998925045612544

Ahhhh, I was getting worried for a bit

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Don’t breath easier yet, that’s exactly what an enemy spy would say!

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Rams are shoving Dante Fowler into playing on Sunday already :ohdear:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

DariusLikewise posted:

it's not rocket science, it's a lot easier to integrate a pass rusher into your scheme than it is a DB/off ball linebacker for example

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

DariusLikewise posted:

Why is this a problem. See quarterback, get quarterback is not a hard thing to learn over the course of 4 or 5 days

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I'm not super high on Fowler to begin with and shoving him in on 3rd and 6 or more situations only against one of the best coach/QBs in the league seems to beg being picked on

In more positive news, Cooper Kupp is playing Sunday barring any set backs

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Oh no you mean you'll only have to rely on only Aaron Donald and Ndamukong Suh you poor things

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Suh has been pretty disappointing so far this season tbh. He's not great on the nose and most of his good plays are coming from the end position which we really didn't need any upgrades on this season

Play
Apr 25, 2006

DariusLikewise posted:

Suh has been pretty disappointing so far this season tbh. He's not great on the nose and most of his good plays are coming from the end position which we really didn't need any upgrades on this season

Eh I've liked him at end pretty well. He's certainly a handful 1 on 1 vs. most tackles, and he's gonna get plenty of 1 on 1's because you ain't gonna single block AD

But it is true that I was hoping to hear his name called in the booth a bit more. He hasn't been dominant as he was at one time, but the Rams were smart about that too because they only gave him a one year contract

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

DariusLikewise posted:

*team is undefeated*

"been pretty disappointing so far, tbh"

Rams fans got hoity toity real fast :laugh:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

DariusLikewise posted:

Yeah I’ve noticed and been relieved by that. Suh doesn’t look like the pass rush monster he once was.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Suh is going to chase a ring with the Pats next year.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Coldforge posted:

*team is undefeated*

You can still win every game with disappointing players. 2013 Seahawks were drat good but what the gently caress, Percy Harvin.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

He put the Superbowl out of reach with his kick off return TD

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Meanwhile Nick Mullens is starting a prime time game for the 49ers tonight.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Amazon has to be feelin good about buying those thursday night games now lol

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Coldforge posted:

*team is undefeated*

Well of course I'm happy with the team overall, who wouldn't, I can still be disappointed in the 1-year 16 million dollar man that was supposed to shore up our run defense especially when we give up 8.4 YPC against 49ers superstar running back *Squints* Raheem Mostert

Play posted:

Eh I've liked him at end pretty well. He's certainly a handful 1 on 1 vs. most tackles, and he's gonna get plenty of 1 on 1's because you ain't gonna single block AD

But it is true that I was hoping to hear his name called in the booth a bit more. He hasn't been dominant as he was at one time, but the Rams were smart about that too because they only gave him a one year contract

Yeah like I said, his best work has come at defensive end, but he was brought in as a nose tackle that was going to bring the run defense up to speed. Phillip's scheme is all about gap cancellation and most of the time I'm seeing Suh get blown up on a double team and AD getting held opposite side of where the runs going so he can't blow it up.

I was surprised, I looked Sylvester Williams, who started at the Broncos at NT in their Super Bowl year and he just signed with the Dolphins yesterday. Phillip's really isn't one of those coaches that will just bring in guys because they know the scheme.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
it felt like when percy was on the field bevell only had one play and it was "percy harvin jet sweep" and it worked one game and then never again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Suh is going to chase a ring with the Pats next year.

no need to chase anything after this season my man :eng101: