Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I read that Pokémon let's go doesn't support the pro controller. I was on the fence but if true that's definitely persuaded me not to buy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

:great:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Frankston posted:

I read that Pokémon let's go doesn't support the pro controller. I was on the fence but if true that's definitely persuaded me not to buy it.

Why? It's an RPG where you only press one, possibly two buttons, so all you would ever need is a single joycon anyway, which you have.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I doubt I'll end up getting the new Smash but drat I love my small plant child

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Frankston posted:

This is some peak gamer nerd poo poo right here.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

LethalGeek posted:

This post is some peak gamer nerd poo poo right here

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Knorth posted:

I doubt I'll end up getting the new Smash but drat I love my small plant child

I'm going to SMASH that pre order button as soon as I get home.

Fake edit: oh wait I can do it from my phone... AT WOOOOOORRK

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I fuckin did it, lad.

Got the DLC so we know this rooftop party is gonna POP OFF

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

It would be humiliating to host a launch night smash party and not have the Rex Mii Fighter costume ready

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-954ZxrCzA
:great:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Gunna collect so many poochy pups

zombie shy guys... :ohdear: can't handle these spooky jump scares

Knorth fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Nov 2, 2018

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Someone please say bad things about the d3 port so I'm not tempted to buy it

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Knorth posted:

Gunna collect so many poochy pups

zombie shy guys... :ohdear: can't handle these spooky jump scares

:same:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

LethalGeek posted:

You're not allowed to come up with your own red text avatars

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
In the past I have never wanted an amiibo in the slightest, but that D3 loot goblin, holy moly...

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Al Borland Corpse posted:

Why? It's an RPG where you only press one, possibly two buttons, so all you would ever need is a single joycon anyway, which you have.

LethalGeek posted:

If anything you should be thanking Nintendo for limiting your controller options. You should apologize in this thread to Nintendo right now.

Orrrrrr Nintendo should have multiple control options for the sake of accessibility. This isn’t Mario Party where the JoyCon’s motion controls are integral to the game, while the motion controls in Pokemon Let’s Go gently caress Ourselves are meant to appeal to casual players, there’s no good reason not to have button alternatives and different controller options, especially for those with disabilities.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

This week's drop (all releases Nov 1, unless otherwise stated).

Note: eShop updates at 12 noon EDT/9am PDT for NA, 15.00 CET/14.00 GMT for Europe.

Switch
ACA NeoGeo Pleasure Goal: 5 on 5 Mini Soccer - $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
“PLEASURE GOAL: 5 ON 5 MINI SOCCER” is a soccer game released by SNK in 1996. Face off with various teams from around the world, make it through the prelims, get to the finals, and go for the gold in the SAURUS CUP! A fast paced experience unique to Futsal! Use the trick play button to perform jaw-dropping plays and defeat your opponents!

America's Greatest Game Shows: Wheel of Fortune & Jeopardy! - $39.99 / £ ? / € ? (Oct 30 NA / ? EU)
Retail/Digital - [NA] [EU]
Enjoy an authentic TV show experience with America's Greatest Game Shows: Wheel of Fortune® & Jeopardy!® Play anytime, anywhere. Perfect for a family-friendly game night – or challenge yourself against players around the world online. Wheel of Fortune: Challenge yourself with thousands of unique word puzzles to unlock prizes, characters, and studio set items. Jeopardy!: Choose your favorite categories, and test your reflexes and knowledge in the iconic game of "answers and questions." Get the whole family in on the action with Family Mode, with specially adapted family-friendly puzzles and clues.

Death Mark - $49.99 / £44.99 / €49.99 (Oct 31)
You have been Marked... A strange rumor is spreading through the shadows of Tokyo's H City: a mysterious disfigurement, like a grotesque birthmark, has been appearing on the bodies of certain individuals. Anyone who receives the Mark will soon cease to exist of unknown, horrifying causes. Deprived of your memories, you arrive at a mansion rumored to protect the bearers of the Mark. As the doors swing open, the countdown to your demise has already begun...

Demon's Crystals - $14.99 / £ ? / € ? (Oct 30)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Demon's Crystals is a frenetic twin stick shooter where you guide the Urican demons through countless hazards in order to restore peace to the world. A variety of weapons and power-ups will help you defeat the massive enemy hordes. The Urican have always been at the top of the food pyramid, but one day three mysterious beings arrived causing the once peaceful inhabitants of the world to become aggressive and destructive.

Diablo III: Eternal Collection - $59.99 / £49.99 / €59.99 (Nov 2)
Team up to slay demons and amass vast hoards of loot anytime, anywhere with Diablo III: Eternal Collection on Nintendo Switch. Ages ago, angels and demons birthed your world in a forbidden union. Now they’ve come to claim it. Stand tall among Sanctuary’s meek and wicked to battle walking corpses, horrifying cultists, fallen seraphs, and the Lords of Hell. When the High Heavens and the Burning Hells war, humanity must be its own salvation. Diablo III, the Reaper of Souls expansion, and the Rise of the Necromancer pack are all part of the Eternal Collection: seven classes, five acts, and seasons’ worth of demon-smashing.

Fairy Tale Puzzles~Magic Objects~ - $9.99 / £8.99 / €9.99 (Oct 25 NA / Nov 1 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Fairy Tale Puzzles ~Magic Objects~ is a simple puzzle game with adorable and fascinating objects from the world of fairy tales such as Aladdin, Snow White, Cinderella and Alice in Wonderland! The game is simple but deep, relaxing and enjoyable. Collect adorable objects and relax in the world of fairy tales!

Gal Metal - $29.99 / £ ? / € ? (Oct 30 NA / Nov 2 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Take down alien invaders with the power of metal! One night while on his way home from school, a high school boy is abducted by the Octoids, an extraterrestrial species bent on revenge. The boy's soul is transplanted into a high school girl's body in a sinister experiment. Now sharing a body, the duo must work together with her high school band, K.M.G. (Kichijoji Metal Girls) to defeat the aliens with their greatest weakness: metal! Turn the Joy-Con controllers into a pair of drum sticks in this brand-new rhythm game experience! Memorize drum lines and jam to 13 tracks without any sheet music or rhythm icons. How you rock is up to you!

Gal Metal: World Tour Edition - $39.99 / £ ? / € ? (Oct 30 NA / Nov 2 EU)
"Encore Pack" DLC included in this special limited edition!

Grim Fandango Remastered - $14.99 / £ ? / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Something's rotten in the land of the dead, and you're being played for a sucker. Meet Manny Calavera, travel agent at the Department of Death. He sells luxury packages to souls on their four-year journey to eternal rest. But there's trouble in paradise. Help Manny untangle himself from a conspiracy that threatens his very salvation. Grim Fandango's epic story of four years in the life (or death) of Manny Calavera, travel agent to the dead, has been remastered to look, sound, and control even better than when it won GameSpot's Game of the Year award upon its original launch.

Hasbro Game Night - $59.99 / £ ? / € ? (Oct 30 NA / ? EU)
Play MONOPOLY, TRIVIAL PURSUIT LIVE!, and RISK anytime, anywhere. Challenge family, friends, and players around the world. Choose your favorite game mode and enjoy hours of fun with Hasbro Game Night for Nintendo Switch!

Hidden Folks - $14.99 / £12.99 / €14.99 (Oct 31)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Search for hidden folks in hand-drawn, interactive, miniature landscapes. Unfurl tent flaps, cut through bushes, slam doors, and poke some crocodiles! Rooaarr!! A strip of targets shows you what to look for. Click on a target for a hint, and find enough to unlock the next area.

Jeopardy! - $19.99 / £ ? / € ? (Oct 30 NA / ? EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Play America’s Favorite Quiz Show anytime, anywhere. Show off your knowledge and test your reflexes as you make your way to Final Jeopardy!

Johnny Turbo's Arcade Heavy Burger - $19.99 / £15.40 / €17.50 (Oct 25 NA / Nov 1 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
1-4 Players can battle against time-honored characters in a nostalgia-inducing collage of retro set-pieces from BurgerTime, Karate Champ, Lock ‘N Chase, Heavy Barrel, Side Pocket, and Bad Dudes! Play as Peter Pepper, the burger-boppin’ hero of Burger Time! He’s not your classic little chef anymore. Wield shotguns, laser rifles, pistols, and machine guns as you lay waste to your opponents in a desperate tug-of-war to THE BANK!

Johnny Turbo's Arcade Night Slashers - $7.99 / £7.10 / €7.99 (Nov 8 NA / Nov 1 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Stop King Zarutz and his army of evil undead monsters from taking over the world!

Kitty Love: Way to Look For Love - $24.99 / £22.49 / €24.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
“I want to be a cat…”. Odd-eyed black cat caught on this casual thought and was cursed to be a cat only at night… The fantasy-romance of human by day and cat by night! This game has been recorded with the popular voice actors Soma Saito, Atsushi Tamaru, Hiroki Yasumoto, Tomoaki Maeno, and Takahiro Sakurai! Enjoy the fully recorded voice throughout the story.

Knock-Knock - $6.99 / £6.29 / €6.99 (Oct 31)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Three generations of Lodgers have occupied the cabin, but lately, the walls seem to undulate, skittering unknowns shift in the darkness, and an unruly growl seeps from the attic. Are they hallucinations pecking at the insomnia-afflicted Lodger, or the gnarled remnants of a darker secret? The last rays of dusk fade, and the dreadful things come out to play. Survive the night while maintaining the dilapidated cabin and preventing the threadbare sanity of the Lodger from unraveling completely. Hide from the grotesque intruders peering from the gloom and seek out the key to ending the Lodger's ordeal.

Lego Harry Potter Collection - $49.99 / £34.99 / €39.99 (Oct 30 NA / Nov 2 EU)
The LEGO® Harry Potter™ Collection brings LEGO® Harry Potter™: Years 1-4 and LEGO® Harry Potter™: Years 5-7 remastered! This compilation unites the creative prowess of LEGO and the expansive world of Harry Potter, with an exciting journey full of spell-casting, potion-making, puzzle-solving, lessons, duelling and much more!

Luke & Rebecca - $9.99 / £ ? / € ? (Oct 25 NA / Nov 1 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Sirens echo throughout the city once more. On every street corner, the murmur of voices. The Familiars, a group of phantom thieves, have struck again. And they're all anyone can talk about. Their identities and purpose are mysteries. But they always get what they're after. So if you're on their list, watch out... Because whatever's yours will soon be theirs. Just where will they strike next...? Your goal is to find the diamonds hidden in each stage and escape. Use the various objects in a stage to locate the specified number of diamonds, then get out of there!

Machinarium - $9.99 / £ ? / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Machinarium is the award-winning independent adventure game developed by the makers of Samorost and Botanicula. A little robot who’s been thrown out to the scrap yard behind the city must return and confront the Black Cap Brotherhood and save his robot-girl friend.

Marble It Up! - $ ? / £17.99 / €19.99 (Sep 29 NA / Oct 29 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Marble It Up! is the joyful, bouncing, beautiful game you’ve been waiting for. Roll, jump, and master the marble physics to make your way through dozens of breathtaking levels! Experience first-hand the simple joy of rolling while exploring a gloriously psychedelic world full of mind-bending levels and dynamic power-ups. Racing to the goal line is an accomplishment at all levels of play - and with leaderboard replays, ghost races, and rewards to help push you toward the next level, you’ll be a master in no time!

Mutant League Football: Dynasty Edition - $29.99 / £ ? / € ? (Oct 30 NA / ? EU)
Hellishly brutal arcade-style football game Mutant Football League: Dynasty Edition is blitzing onto Nintendo Switch™, with new exclusive teams and gameplay content. The game is the spiritual successor to the retro classic Mutant League Football, with next generation deep strategy gameplay, bone-crunching, tooth-shattering hits, and a roster of ghouls delivering tongue-through-cheek humor. Oh, and blood. Lots of blood. Mutant Football League delivers intense online action, deep strategy, and deadly humor. Fantastical arenas full of ruthless fans and deadly traps set the stage for mayhem in every contest that allows players to win by highest score or by killing and eradicating their opponents.

Numbala - $7.99 / £7.19 / €7.99 (Oct 31)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Numbala takes you on an adventure to save your dog friend while chasing the mysterious space whale in this beautiful, award-winning space shooter. Learning maths should be fun. It is the game that can give your child an edge at school! Numbala is more than a game for children. It is a cognitive training designed to teach kids mathematics. As we first learn about numbers, our minds create the so-called mental numeric axis. It is the way the human mind arranges numbers in space in relation to each other. It is the basis of all mathematics further on and… it can be trained! As you move your finger on the control panel in Numbala, or move your JoyCon, your mind creates a connection between a number and its position in space. Thus, your ability to add and subtract numbers is being improved without you even noticing the process. The game has been designed in cooperation with neuroscientists and tested on more than one hundred children. Having played Numbala, they have shown an improvement in response time and response correctness.

OK K.O. Let's Play Heroes - $19.99 / £ ? / € ? (Oct 30 NA / ? EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Based on the hit Cartoon Network show, this game stars pint-sized hero K.O. as he punches, slide-kicks, combos and power-moves his way through hordes of evil Boxmore robots on an epic quest to save Lakewood Plaza Turbo from the maniacal Lord Boxman. In this story-driven adventure game meets action-packed cartoon brawler, level up your stats to unlock powerful new fight moves, collect the cards of all your favorite Plaza characters and then call them into battle to unleash off-the-wall attacks across tons of crazy quests.

Professional Farmer: Nintendo Switch Edition - $39.99 / £ ? / € ? (Oct 31)
Get ready for the rural lifestyle! Professional Farmer is set on your own farm! Enjoy the life of a farmer with all its amazing tasks and challenges! Drive your original vehicles, cultivate your fields, take care of your animals and market your produce! Different seasons and weather conditions guarantee realistic game fun. Learn from your experiences as a farmer, use your knowledge to enjoy the satisfaction a farmer feels when sitting in front of the fireplace in a beautiful farmhouse after a hard day’s work. Your efforts will be rewarded – the better your fields are tilled, the more animals you breed, the more products you produce, the better the income available for new machines, larger fields and tractors. Get ready for the ultimate farming fun!

Risk: Global Domination - $19.99 / £16.00 / €19.99 (Oct 30)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Lead your troops to victory in this modern version of the classic RISK game with enhanced 3D visuals, custom rules and tactical gameplay. Play at home or on-the-go with up to four players or play solo with opponents online from around the world.

Save Me Mr. Tako: Tasukete Tako-San - $14.99 / £11.50 / €12.90 (Oct 30)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
In a world where humans and octopi are at war, Mr Tako is a persistently helpful little octopus who rescues a woman from drowning one stormy night. A fairy sees this act of bravery and grants him the ability to survive on land, where he can turn enemies into platforms by spitting ink at them. As he travels across the surface world, Mr Tako defies his family and his people to try to resolve conflicts between humans and octopi. Mr Tako will solve puzzles, explore mysterious dungeons and fight tenacious bosses on his mission to end the war between the undersea octopus kingdom and the terrestrial human world. Will you help this brave octopus to spread his message of tolerance and teach both species to coexist in peace and unity?

SkyScrappers - $9.99 / £7.99 / €8.99 (Oct 29)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
With a brand new and exclusive Vertical “Tate” Mode for Nintendo Switch, SkyScrappers is a 1-4 player arcade-style, competitive platform-fighting game. Select from a diverse range of extreme sportspeople, to fight and race your way to the top of a falling skyscraper… as it is being demolished. Play with up to four players in classic couch-multiplayer, take on the story-driven single-player campaigns, or set up a skirmish against AI bots.

Speed Brawl - $19.99 / £17.99 / €19.99 (Sep 18 NA / Nov 1 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Speed Brawl is a 2D combat-racer about moving fast and hitting hard! Maintain your momentum, build your combos, and unleash powerful special moves. Find your own fighting style, and assemble the finest team of brawlers ever seen. Then do it all again faster... faster... FASTER!!!

Sports Party - $39.99 / £ ? / € ? (Oct 30 NA / ? EU)
Sports Party brings the sun, sea, and sports right to your fingertips! Whether at home or on the go, challenge your family and friends to Frisbee, Jet Ski, Basketball, Golf, Skateboarding, and Beach Tennis to claim victory! Enjoy Frisbee, Jet Ski, Basketball, Golf, Skateboarding, and Beach Tennis! Play each sport your way with various modes and controls for endless fun. Fully customize your avatar! New items will be unlocked as you progress! Easy-to-pick-up controls make this game fun for everyone, from kids to grandparents.

Steven Universe: Save the Light - $24.99 / £ ? / € ? (Oct 30)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Join the Crystal Gems on the ultimate quest! A mysterious new Gem has stolen a powerful weapon. Only Steven and his friends have what it takes to stop her. “Save the Light” is a unique RPG hybrid that combines real-time and turn-based combat.

Swap This! - $1.19 / £1.09 / €1.19 (Nov 2)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
You may have matched colors before, but never like in Swap This! To master this puzzle game you need real skills, quick wits and tactical thinking. In no-time you’ll orchestrate screen-clearing chain reactions and use super-charged power-ups. There’s a lot to do! You can choose from 4 varied modes: Minute Match, Wave Mode, Fish Fight and Puzzle. Combined with surprisingly smart gameplay systems, Swap This! really offers oceans of depth.

Taiko No Tatsujin: Drum 'n' Fun! - $ ? / £49.99 / €59.99 (? NA / Nov 2 EU)
Enjoy the cult classic arcade rhythm game from Japan in the comfort of your own home! Use motion controls to enjoy drumming like never before!

Tennis World Tour - $59.99 / £44.19 / €49.99 (Oct 29)
Play as one of the 30 best tennis players in the world: Roger Federer, Angelique Kerber, Stan Wawrinka and many of the sport's legends. Realistic animations, carefully reproduced in the game using motion capture technology, help you learn all of the shots used in modern tennis: the slice, lob, top spin, etc. 18 types of courts: hard, clay, grass, carpet and even hardwood. Each surface affects the playing conditions. Create your player and experience a career worthy of a professional: training, tournaments, staff management, equipment purchases, etc. Decide what strategy to adopt for each match and use your skill cards to defeat your opponents.

Transistor - $19.99 / £15.49 / €16.79
Digital - [NA] [EU]
From the creators of Bastion, Transistor is a sci-fi themed action RPG that invites you to wield an extraordinary weapon of unknown origin as you fight through a stunning futuristic city. Transistor seamlessly integrates thoughtful strategic planning into a fast-paced action experience, melding responsive gameplay and rich atmospheric storytelling. During the course of the adventure, you will piece together the Transistor's mysteries as you pursue its former owners.

Trivial Pursuit Live! - $19.99 / £16.00 / €19.99 (Oct 30)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Trivial Pursuit Live! is now available on Nintendo Switch! Experience the thrill of competing on a TV trivia game show at home, on-the-go and even online. Featuring original question formats and round types to challenge players from beginner to expert. For up to four players.

Wheel of Fortune - $19.99 / £ ? / € ? (Oct 30 NA / ? EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Play as a contestant on Wheel of Fortune, America's favorite TV show, anytime, anywhere! Spin the wheel and put your brain to the test against thousands of unique puzzles. Play solo or challenge players online. Enjoy an authentic TV-show experience with Wheel of Fortune®. Spin the wheel, win special wedges, and experience true-to-the-TV-show rules. Win iconic in-game prizes such as luxurious trips, cars, and up to one million dollars.

Yomawari: The Long Night Collection - $39.99 / £ ? / € ? (Oct 30)
Traverse the haunting world of Yomawari: Night Alone as a young girl searches for her sister, or share in the terror facing schoolgirls Yui and Haru in Yomawari: Midnight Shadows. Uncover the mysteries plaguing a rural Japanese town, hide from the things lurking in the night, and maybe get home alive...

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I got a coupon for 20% off a digital purchase for my birthday. I can't get the drat thing to attach to my account yet but any guesses if it'll on smash prepurchase? I know it's shooting for the moon but I have to try.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Some neat games on that list but man, Death Mark is ~$70 on the au store...

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Those coupons usually only apply to specific titles so I'd assume there's no way you can use it on Smash.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Oh Forgotten Anne comes out on switch next week too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3O81yLOi9c

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Knorth posted:

Oh Forgotten Anne comes out on switch next week too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3O81yLOi9c

Should've been called Forgotanne, 0/5 not buying

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Smash looks pretty fun. Piranha plant is a bit weird but whatever. I couldn't find the video for the Treehouse what do they talk about?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Smash looks pretty fun. Piranha plant is a bit weird but whatever. I couldn't find the video for the Treehouse what do they talk about?

They just uploaded them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSxffgSg5VU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF9qT_GURyI

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug
I've never played Smash Bros, and never really seen much footage of it. All I know is that it's a fighting game (not a fan of the genre) with characters from other games. That trailer where everyone was destroyed(??) by lasers made zero sense to me. Either way, everyone seems really excited about it so I hope it's fun for you all.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Smash isn't a fighting game

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Over There posted:

Smash isn't a fighting game

Smash is a fighting game.

but it's also a party game

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

It's a competitive single-screen platformer

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

psylent posted:

I've never played Smash Bros, and never really seen much footage of it. All I know is that it's a fighting game (not a fan of the genre) with characters from other games. That trailer where everyone was destroyed(??) by lasers made zero sense to me. Either way, everyone seems really excited about it so I hope it's fun for you all.

It's a party game that can be as wacky and random and party 'casual' or as mlg dont shower gamer core based on settings.

Its fun as hell.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

It is a party fighter squeezed into a pro format that features a ton of fan service and single player content so everybody buys it, from those in college playing in their dorms with friends to those wishing they were still in college and had friends nearby to play it with.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

psylent posted:

The cutscene is just there to be dramatic. The plot premise of Smash Bros is that toys have come to life and battle in the world of the imagination, and under such circumstances it's suitable for a story mode to be both completely insane and completely ignorable. Which is what's going on here.

Smash Bros is unlike other fighting games in many important ways. Very little else out there has comparable mechanics (though there have been a handful of clones in recent years). It's got simple controls, and because it's got platformer-like movement and the only way to win is with a ring out, it's much easier to follow, especially at low and medium skill levels. It famously includes items, which are options, enabled by default, for making the experience very chaotic, which minimizes the significance of skill gaps between players. The result is that it can be tuned to be a frenetic low-stakes party game or an intense competitive game depending on the player's desires. That makes it highly accessible for new players, if you were interested in giving it a try.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Barudak posted:

It is a party fighter squeezed into a pro format that features a ton of fan service and single player content so everybody buys it, from those in college playing in their dorms with friends to those wishing they were still in college and had friends nearby to play it with.

please don't doxx me

[Edit: I'm actually really happy about Spirits mode because I didn't play Smash For nearly as much as I wanted to because I didn't like Run and you can only beat on CPUs for so long]

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Nov 2, 2018

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DLC Inc posted:

I'm late to the party but having picked up Crawl on sale right now on Switch, it's fun as gently caress and what the devs who made Evolve probably wanted to do

Crawl is my favorite game on the Switch.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Astro7x posted:

Starlink is a doorbuster deal at Target this year for Black Friday

Isn't the digital version still a better deal if you want all the ships and weapons?

I kinda got the sense that that's the way it was going. If Ubisoft had committed to going all in with the toys, or forgetting about them altogether, Starlink would have been received a lot better I think. Also maybe it's just me but it really seems like this game got zero marketing.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Spirits mode looks cool as hell.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Barudak posted:

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Raserys posted:

me seeing incineroar's eyes, followed immediately by "the last new fighter"

My immediate thought was "ah, that's shadow" even though at that exact moment I knew Shadow didn't have yellow eyes and that the grinch leak was fake afterall.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Also lol at showing the last new fighter then showing off another new fighter later in the same video, Smash directs rule.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

any good stuff from the Nintendo Treehouse or is it still raging on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Random question: I bought Octopath digitally. Is there any way for me to let a friend borrow the game without loaning them my entire Switch?