Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
My goto Shotfun build involves the IZHMA 12G modded for conceal, HE Judge, shotgun boosts, and a point in Low Blow for them sweet crits. You can get detection rating of 3 with the right setup.

Then do whatever else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

UnknownMercenary posted:

Toss on crits onto that shotgun build for maximum killing efficiency.

Body Expertise is good but considering how much you can grab for 28 points it's not quite *that* good. It does make LMGs incredibly ammo efficient though if you can combine it with Frenzerker.

The RPK will never have better stats than any of the 80 damage LMGs. Those are overtuned to such a degree that they poo poo on everything that's not an autoshotgun.

I had a critzhma as well and just wasn't feeling it. Ammo wasn't really an issue at least. The thing is that even on OK I was running low on ammo with the AA12 when doing frenzerker overkill anarchist. I think I was using aced low blow so I could get unseen strike, that might have been a waste of points. Anyone got a build for it?

What about flechettes in case I miss the head on a tan? I feel like that's part of what makes body expertise so good, you don't have to hit heads to wipe out a crowd. My only concern is how hard the damage gets hit compared to 000 Buck.

Maybe things would be different if I was playing a lot of Deathwish or Death Sentence? I don't tend to because of how masochistic it used to be, but I guess power creep is crazy these days.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

You're really overdoing it with the damage stacking if you're only on Overkill difficulty, but if you're running too low on ammo with autoshotguns you must be doing something wrong. Autoshotguns are ludicrously ammo efficient on every difficulty.

Unseen Strike is good, but it's super finicky to activate and the numbers could use tweaking. The basic duration is far too short, and aced is way too many points for most builds. Honestly, as-is if they switched the spots for Unseen Strike and Low Blow I would not complain. Low Blow is good enough to be a tier 4 while Unseen Strike is not quite that level.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Okay. I see what you mean about overdoing it on damage for OK. It’s fun being able to 1-shot anything but a dozer, but not necessarily practical.

It’s funny that taking damage doesn’t end the Unseen strike bonus, at least not according to Wolfhud.

I’ll put that Critzhma judge back together with no unseen strike and try it on DW at least. The body expertise loadout does seem to slow down a bit on DW, but that’s only 2-3 shots on greens and tans rather than 1-2.

Swan Song probably actually becomes useful on DW, I almost never die on OK.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Yeah they updated Unseen Strike a while back so that taking damage no longer loses you the bonus, but never bothered to update the description. Activating it is still really clunky though.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

No cue that the timer for activation is counting down, no cue that the ability has been activated*, no cue that it's gone*.

* Other than the (non-)existence of crits, which frankly is not good enough unless you've got a serious bullet hose to bring the law of averages on your side.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Having used Unseen Strike with both autoshotguns and bullethose SMGs and LMGs, it's still really hard to tell.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Okay. I see what you mean about overdoing it on damage for OK. It’s fun being able to 1-shot anything but a dozer, but not necessarily practical.

It’s funny that taking damage doesn’t end the Unseen strike bonus, at least not according to Wolfhud.

I’ll put that Critzhma judge back together with no unseen strike and try it on DW at least. The body expertise loadout does seem to slow down a bit on DW, but that’s only 2-3 shots on greens and tans rather than 1-2.

Swan Song probably actually becomes useful on DW, I almost never die on OK.

Brothers Grimm/HE Judge dodge build. It's not great for Death Sentence, but holy poo poo the DPS is nuts on that for everything else.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Hey let's go rob the white house

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Remember when we were doing low level mob enforcer work for Vlad. Good times.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
So is it gonna turn out the Tiara is actually another ancient artifact and the key to everything?

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Shooting Blanks posted:

Brothers Grimm/HE Judge dodge build. It's not great for Death Sentence, but holy poo poo the DPS is nuts on that for everything else.

That sounds like it could be fun. Sort of a lower single target DPS but better with crowds akimbo Stryk dodge build. Better secondary options too.

Akimbo Stryks vs a dozer is kind of comical. It takes less than a second on OK, I think about a second and a half on Mayhem. And that’s with no crust, just berserker.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

They really should have licensed "Rob the Prez-O-Dent" for this.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Well I beat the heist and...

:siren: Spoiler alert! :siren:

:siren: Spoiler alert! :siren:

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Look, the question on everyone's mind: do you get to shoot him

In the video game

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Nehru the Damaja posted:

In the video game
We haven't figured out the way to unlock the true ending so we can't really answer that yet.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Nehru the Damaja posted:

In the video game

i hope not, just so people get buttmad about it

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I hope not, mostly because I want to use the thermal drill instead.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

FAUXTON posted:

Uh it's been a game about masks.

Bags. It's a game about bags.

I can see how you'd think it was about the masks given the first game, but things change, man.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
the action has always been the juice

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Well Payday 2 is now over except for weird mod scene like Crack Down. No idea when PD3 will come out.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

That sure was an ending.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I'm sad that we never got an assault on the Cop Dimension.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Crabtree posted:

Well Payday 2 is now over except for weird mod scene like Crack Down. No idea when PD3 will come out.
There's still supposedly a secret to find. Right Vox?

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Jesus, that ending. There's more to this, I know it. no body, no death. There's gotta be a true ending where it pans out from Dallas being all mopey about heisting being over and shows Bain in a full body cast sipping on a loving Mojito and cramming hundreds into a local g-string. My entire team collectively left the channel to watch and then we all came back silent. RIP Big Papa Bain.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
PD3 will just have Dallas as the new Bain for a next generation of heisters. "The Real Payday Gang"

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
The statue in the video is the same one as the Mayan god on the No Mercy tattoo and the painting in the P.E.O.C, there are even more new voice lines at the safehouse, the Mayan gold never made an appearance even though it was referenced multiple times, the artifact can finally be assembled, and Wordsmith, the story writer for PAYDAY 2, has .a Steam avatar with the words “IT BEGINS” hidden in it.

We need to go deeper.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

What the Christ.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Anyone got a good run-down of the whole story posted somewhere, now that we know the end? I haven't really played Payday 2 in a while, but I'm interested in the plot.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Cheshire Cat posted:

They really should have licensed "Rob the Prez-O-Dent" for this.

Can't even be that expensive of a license. Harmonix bands aren't big names.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I stopped playing for like a full year and reading this makes me kinda want to try again but I only ever preferred loud heists and everything changed again.

Incidentally, GTFO really looks like it's still using the diesel engine from pd2 which is kinda disheartening.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

The big changes I noticed were that DMR kit / DMR guns get absolutely poo poo ammo pickups now, LMGs got crazy buffed so that the KSP and Buzzsaw are two of the best in the game, and autoshotguns with crits or dragons breath are popular.

The +30% damage with silencers skill is gone, which is significant, but the skill where you get bonus stability and accuracy with them is still there. That’s why the big suppressor is fantastic with the LMGs, you want all the accuracy and stability you can get to make up for their poor base stats. I’ve got accuracy almost maxed out on mine once you include the +12 firing from the hip skill.

I hope that they aren’t shutting down the servers any time soon, and that they keep doing stability patches at least. I know it’s weird to feel that way just because the story mode ended, but the story has been going for five years. That never happens.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The game made a lot of money so I could see them keeping servers open quite a while.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:

Fabricated posted:

I stopped playing for like a full year and reading this makes me kinda want to try again but I only ever preferred loud heists and everything changed again.

Incidentally, GTFO really looks like it's still using the diesel engine from pd2 which is kinda disheartening.

GTFO is Unity

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Wilko posted:

GTFO is Unity

Sorry if this is a lovely question, but do you still work for Overkill? I remember you got hired on because they were impressed by Goonmod. And that’s how we got Continental Coins.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Sorry if this is a lovely question, but do you still work for Overkill? I remember you got hired on because they were impressed by Goonmod. And that’s how we got Continental Coins.

Nah I left a few months ago, but I moved off of working on Payday 2 after Crimefest last year.

I actually just applied normally and used the BLT and Goonmod as portfolio pieces. They wanted a separate currency for upgrading the safehouse which is where Gage Continental Coins came from, the ability to buy weapon mods got added in a few weeks before release because the producers didn't want people just accruing huge amounts of them afterwards with nothing to spend them on.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I'm not participating further in the secret hunt. Some rear end in a top hat datamined and posted one part of the solution, and it's important that ovk not think Crackdown was involved in the leak. That said, yes, there is a secret, though I don't know the details. It appears likely that we are resurrecting Bain and the "true end" has that final video continue by having him rocket out of that hole.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Discendo Vox posted:

It appears likely that we are resurrecting Bain
ahahashahhahahahahaha god bless this stupid loving game :newlol:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Discendo Vox posted:

I'm not participating further in the secret hunt. Some rear end in a top hat datamined and posted one part of the solution, and it's important that ovk not think Crackdown was involved in the leak. That said, yes, there is a secret, though I don't know the details. It appears likely that we are resurrecting Bain and the "true end" has that final video continue by having him rocket out of that hole.

God can't wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

There's also one hidden achievement, apparently.