Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

Not sure if here or TVIV is the place to chat about it, but the remainder of that Netflix Castlevania series came out , and it was pretty neat.

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

Not sure if here or TVIV is the place to chat about it, but the remainder of that Netflix Castlevania series came out , and it was pretty neat.
Aside from some weird sound mixing issues the first part of excellent, so I'll have to give it a watch.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Ibblebibble posted:

Anyone got opinions if Boarding School Juliet is worth watching?

it's not reinventing any wheels but if you're in the mood for a standard romcom it fits the bill. the cast isn't deep but i do enjoy their interactions, though ymmv on some of the character dynamics like Char's with Persia and Romio, and there's a completely unnecessary sexual assault by villains in ep1.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the basic premise of it all is still weird to me, that the Romeo and Juliet aspect is predicated on being members of different countries and having this race/ethnicity-based conflict that consistently breaks out into violence but is otherwise given like zero weight or specificity. :confused:

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

The castlevania thread in games has had a couple people talking about it, if you want to read other people’s impressions

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

i made a tsurune thread :https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3872785&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post489303499

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Cool :toot:

quote:

Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu
Kyoto Animation | Takuya Yamamura | Michiko Yokote | Drama, School, Sports | Novel | Oct 15, 2018
The story follows Minato Narumiya. Minato played Japanese archery in middle school, but after a certain incident, he ran away from the sport. In high school, Minato meets new friends, and together as part of their school's archery club they aim to win the prefectural tournament.
PV
Thread

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Spiritus Nox posted:

What're you looking for, besides 'anime?' I've got some good options for romance, action, and comedy.

We do a bit of everything. Try to avoid the ultra dark lots of death ones. In the last year we've liked ancient Magus, citrus, hanebado, the bed and breakfast one, megalobox.

Gonna try to give the bunny girl and the zombie idol ones a try

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

kayakyakr posted:

We do a bit of everything. Try to avoid the ultra dark lots of death ones. In the last year we've liked ancient Magus, citrus, hanebado, the bed and breakfast one, megalobox.

Gonna try to give the bunny girl and the zombie idol ones a try

I'm gonna throw in Bloom Into You, Tsurune, Gridman, and maybe the Slime anime as being worth a look, in that case. You probably won't pick up all of them, but I bet you find something you like in there. Bloom, Tsurune, and Gridman are all really well produced slow-burners (yuri romance in Bloom's case, vaguely homoerotic sports drama with Tsurune, mysterious urban fantasy with sudden action highlights with Gridman), and Slime is a goofy fantasy dramedy with some really nicely animated visual comedy around our gooey protagonist and some creative use of his ever-growing list of powers.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I think all the sports anime this season are just full of good boys (some of which should just kiss already). Run With The Wind, Tsurune and the sumo one that I haven't watched. The first two I can say are very good (so far).

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Season is pretty amazing, like a village living next to an active volcano.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Sumo one is alright so far, kinda your average shounen sports show.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Weren’t the Model 3s equipped with summer tires (as opposed to all-seasons) as well? Going to have some crashy times in snowy climes if people don’t switch to winters :(

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
ma'am, this is the wcdonalds drive-thru

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Truga posted:

ma'am, this is the wcdonalds drive-thru
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJCNBEW97jM

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
wow that dub is a crime

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Much like all dubs (except the good ones).

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Tsurune is kind of predictable so far, but I must admin the ghost plot red herring got a chuckle out of me.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Spiritus Nox posted:

Check out the Please Don't Bully Me, Nagatoro manga if you finish that and find yourself wanting more (albeit slightly hornier).
I was really cringing at the first few chapters of Nagatoro, but now that it isn't super cynical mean teasing 24/7 it's grown on me.
Of course, an empowered girl teasing you relentlessly during your prime awkward high school years is a boy nightmare so that was kind of fun to see play out at the start.

Coaaab posted:

When you've finished the series, immediately read Chapter 36 of the manga and then click on this spoiler:
Ah! Yessssssssss. I kind of like how the anime changed the wording slightly. Still effective and a great moment.

Clitch posted:

Also this if you like eyebrows girl and friends from Takagi-san.
Those eyebrows... :stonklol:
I just realized that her VA in the series really plays up how young she is. Granted, the character design is amazing at communicating this, with the unkept hair and massive eyebrows.

//Eh, why not make this a massive boring post.
Just finished the anime version and it brought the biggest, dumbest smile to my face. poo poo loving sucks balls right now, but this series was just the right counter to all of that. I know there's an OVA but I really hope there's a season 2 planned, too.

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Oct 30, 2018

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

FilthyImp posted:

Ah! Yessssssssss. I kind of like how the anime changed the wording slightly. Still effective and a great moment.
If I've pointed you to the wrong thing, the chapter I really wanted you to read was titled Memories, which is 36 on mangadex but apparently 31 or something elsewhere.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Ah :swoon:. Ultra-Instinct Mom-mode Takagi is truly terrifying. The interplay between her and the daughter is great stuff :golfclap:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Where is the new Himote House, crunchyroll?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

chumbler posted:

Where is the new Himote House, crunchyroll?

You mean episode 4 on Sunday?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Strange Quark posted:

You mean episode 4 on Sunday?

What the hell, they lied to me. It has said coming soon for the last few days.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Happened with Anima Yell! this week too, they put the episode up but the thumbnail was just a 'coming soon' image.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
The preview image for Toji no Miko 22 is still "Coming Soon" and that aired in June.

Akanesasu Shoujo remains exactly the perfect amount of dumb.

and i refuse to believe Asuka isn't gay as hell

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'd say Himote House is batting a thousand.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
that happens sometimes. just click the link anyway, if its there at all the episode probably is too.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I'm still waiting for Madhouse's apology for Overlord's College project CGI last season. :catbert:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/pkjd818/status/1058037461597601792?s=19

lol, rip

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Did Life Sexy find a way? :tinfoil:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

after seeing the amazon boxes in the PVs what did anyone expect

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

East asia's taste in anime is far more superior than ours (switch out SAO for double decker and it would be perfect)

Also people on message boards saying they want to go to saga (because of zombieland) but its so far away

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
those are all normie and popular

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I miss when SAO was less competent and more ambitious. It was much funnier.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
jojo is extremely normie now, but hell, even a broken clock is right twice a day

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i wish people were willing to ever discuss sao in a way that would actually be interesting to read

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

normie is good

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

jojo is extremely normie now, but hell, even a broken clock is right twice a day

Now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

First wave of Hidive/Sentai titles are hitting Crunchyroll now and include Action Heroine Cheer Fruits which is a really good B+ show that got ignored last year cause it was in Prime wasteland and wasn''t Princess Principal