Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Am I alone on enjoying Return of Wolverine?

Also he's totally in the World or something not real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

twistedmentat posted:

I just read issue two a minute ago. I definitely didn't enjoy it as much as the first. Not digging the art that issue and not a hell of a lot happened.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

The series isn't doing much for me overall, the first issue was better than I'd expected but this week's... happened I guess? It's ok but doesn't justify undoing his death and the story of the best Wolverine, at least not yet. The hot claws feel really, I don't know, tacked on I guess?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

cmon! hot claws!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hot claws! Get your hot claws here!

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

twistedmentat posted:

Yeah, that'd jive with the Daredevil-led squad in Hunt for Wolverine, where Logan's ostensibly been out in the world doing black ops for some reason.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Have they explained the hot claws yet?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Wanderer posted:

Yeah, that'd jive with the Daredevil-led squad in Hunt for Wolverine, where Logan's ostensibly been out in the world doing black ops for some reason.

I didn't read any of that so what was the TLDR of it?

What makes me think its a simulation or what not is Omega Red and Dakan just being there. Its that or they have Clones.

Hot Claws really do seem like a New Hat kind of thing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So clearly Logan was in hell and the hot claws is him channeling the fire of hell right?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

twistedmentat posted:

I didn't read any of that so what was the TLDR of it?

Daredevil, Frank McGee, Misty Knight, and Doug Ramsey put together an investigation team to search for leads on where Logan might be. They hit a few dead ends, one of which ends up putting them in direct conflict with Albert, the Wolverine clone from the Larry Hama run.

Eventually, they hit a site in Chicago that sends them to the local Sotiera offices. Doug gets just enough off the servers before they're purged that they find out Logan's been doing black ops for the company.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Wanderer posted:

Daredevil, Frank McGee, Misty Knight, and Doug Ramsey put together an investigation team to search for leads on where Logan might be. They hit a few dead ends, one of which ends up putting them in direct conflict with Albert, the Wolverine clone from the Larry Hama run.

Eventually, they hit a site in Chicago that sends them to the local Sotiera offices. Doug gets just enough off the servers before they're purged that they find out Logan's been doing black ops for the company.

Ah that does fit in, as Logan could have been brainwashed, and sent out on the missions, then brained washed again, Winter Soldier style.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Retraining costs must be astronomical.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Rhyno posted:

So clearly Logan was in hell and the hot claws is him channeling the fire of hell right?

Was it someone from this thread that made the joke that like Cyclops, Wolverine doesn't actually have claws but rather his hands just have portals into a dimension of all adamantium knives and he simply opens the portals at will? I forget where I heard that or how long ago it was but I chuckled.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

It was me (I think in this thread) and thank you. I also do parties.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I really liked X-men Black Emma Frost.

Hopefully, Emma will be a fenemy in this upcoming relaunch and this won't be forgotten.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

where's her frostclops costume!

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
Leah Williams needs to write more X-Men stuff, ASAP. Preferably with Emma Frost and Magik, but I'll take whatever she gives us.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Metalshark posted:

Leah Williams needs to write more X-Men stuff, ASAP. Preferably with Emma Frost and Magik, but I'll take whatever she gives us.

What did she write with Magik? And yes! I wasn't going to pick this up until I heard the Jay and Miles Flamecon episode and was "wait this lady is great, I must read her book".

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Thirding the X-Men Black Emma Frost recommendation. So cool, so Emma, genuinely good writing of a sort that is rare in comics.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Android Blues posted:

Thirding the X-Men Black Emma Frost recommendation. So cool, so Emma, genuinely good writing of a sort that is rare in comics.

I loved her mocking Rogue and Kurt when they ask her to wait by the balls.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

twistedmentat posted:

What did she write with Magik? And yes! I wasn't going to pick this up until I heard the Jay and Miles Flamecon episode and was "wait this lady is great, I must read her book".

There's a What If Magik was the Sorcerer Supreme that also just came out written by her. It's really good, amazing art too.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Leah Williams stuff was the highlight of Domino Annual, too

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Skwirl posted:

There's a What If Magik was the Sorcerer Supreme that also just came out written by her. It's really good, amazing art too.

Oh! My LCS is trying to get me a copy of that because I only just heard about it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Okay, Fan Fiction Leah Williams X-Men team. Obviously Magik and Emma Frost, and three to five other people.
I'm avoiding a lot of my favorite X-Men because they all hate Emma Frost.
Colossus (He's going to want to hang out with his sister)
Gold Balls (His first X-men team had Magik and Emma)
Some random non mutant, like Moon Knight or the current Ben Reilly Scarlet Spider or a half a dozen other charactersProdigy, (need a guy on the comms, need someone smarter than Emma but still terrified by her)
And Eyeboy (He can see the things even Emma Frost can't).

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Nov 2, 2018

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Skwirl posted:

Okay, Fan Fiction Leah Williams X-Men team. Obviously Magik and Emma Frost, and three to five other people.
I'm avoiding a lot of my favorite X-Men because they all hate Emma Frost.
Colossus (He's going to want to hang out with his sister)
Gold Balls (His first X-men team had Magik and Emma)
Some random non mutant, like Moon Knight or the current Ben Reilly Scarlet Spider or a half a dozen other characters
And Eyeboy (He can see the things even Emma Frost can't).

Needs Kitty because she is totally Katyana

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Needs Kitty because she is totally Katyana

Kitty hates Emma more than most X-Men I wanted to use but didn't because they hate Emma, plus Colossus is there and they had an awkward break-up (again).

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You forgot Rockslide.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

You forgot Rockslide.

Rockslide should absolutely be on an X-Men team, just not this one

Also: I edited my original post, but was hoping people would post their own ideas and the reasonings behind it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rockslide is one of her Hellions from New Mutants.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Rockslide is one of her Hellions from New Mutants.

What? Was that a retcon? Because he wasn't around in the 80's and nothing I've read with Rockslide showed any connection between him and Emma.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Skwirl posted:

What? Was that a retcon? Because he wasn't around in the 80's and nothing I've read with Rockslide showed any connection between him and Emma.

not those Hellions, the other Hellions

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Skwirl posted:

She re-used the Hellions name when she was with the X-Men.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Fine he can replace Colossus as the heavy, I wasn't married to him anyways (Neither was Kitty, HAHAHAHAHA).

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Skwirl posted:

Fine he can replace Colossus as the heavy, I wasn't married to him anyways (Neither was Kitty, HAHAHAHAHA).

Colossus can be in my fan fiction Dennis Hopeless Rogue & Gambit style series, Domino & Colossus

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I brought the whole thing up because I was curious what other people's ideas were for who else would be on a Frost/Magik team.
Mine is currently
Frost
Magik
Rockslide
Goldballs
Prodigy
Eyeboy

I think the team needs another woman, but I don't want another psychic or Kitty Pryde. Maybe Monet St. Croix? Jubilee?

Edit: Assuming Kitty Pryde is still the head honcho or whatever for x teams it's definitely Jubilee.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Nov 2, 2018

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Skwirl posted:

Kitty hates Emma more than most X-Men I wanted to use but didn't because they hate Emma, plus Colossus is there and they had an awkward break-up (again).

True, but I am pretty sure Williams has that ship firm, not to mention it would be fun watching Kitty and Emma openly hate each other.

Then they just all gently caress because its fanficiton.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Skwirl posted:

I brought the whole thing up because I was curious what other people's ideas were for who else would be on a Frost/Magik team.
Mine is currently
Frost
Magik
Rockslide
Goldballs
Prodigy
Eyeboy

I think the team needs another woman, but I don't want another psychic or Kitty Pryde. Maybe Monet St. Croix? Jubilee?

Edit: Assuming Kitty Pryde is still the head honcho or whatever for x teams it's definitely Jubilee.

Anole, he and Rockslide should always be teammates forever.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Skwirl posted:

Dani Moonstar.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Williams writes a great Emma Frost, and it's a really interesting direction (has she just been THE Hellfire leader before? I want to say no?), but what's up with Selene vis a vis the Hellfire Club right now? I know she's been skulking around TNC's Captain America but I've unfortunately missed the last issue or two. Also-- and this is so pedantic-- isn't the end-all be-all leader of the Hellfire Club the Lord Imperial, not the Black King (possibly Sunspot)? I've been so in and out of X-Men titles over the last few years that I'm sure I'm just unaware of what's up with this and that, but wikipedia is only so up to date on these things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sunspot's marvel.com bio just says "Recently he left the Hellfire Club". It doesn't seem like anyone has established who, if anyone, is the current Lord Imperial.

Emma just took over the New York branch. That's the only one that matters in 99% of stories though.