Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

NZAmoeba posted:

I have a google Pixel, is there something I need to enable on the OS for this to work? I don't normally track my steps, and I was unaware if it's doing it in the background or not.

Download Google Fit if it's not already there. Enable Adventure Sync in Pokemon Go. Should work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jorgos Nuuh
Dec 28, 2004
Pröööööt
Is there somekind of lvl limit? Can't find the option in Pogo. I'm 33.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Jorgos Nuuh posted:

Is there somekind of lvl limit? Can't find the option in Pogo. I'm 33.

It’s currently only rolled out to level 35 or higher, that limit will come down over time

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Seems km accumulation is back to how it was a year+ ago where it was much easier to rack up km with shorter distances.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Louisgod posted:

Seems km accumulation is back to how it was a year+ ago where it was much easier to rack up km with shorter distances.

yeah I picked up a bunch of distance today doing grocery shopping when before I would get none inside the store.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

yeah I picked up a bunch of distance today doing grocery shopping when before I would get none inside the store.

I'm curious if putting your phone in an electronic baby swing to gain steps/km will work.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Louisgod posted:

I'm curious if putting your phone in an electronic baby swing to gain steps/km will work.

Ceiling fan.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Just tape it to the back of the baby

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
wal-mart employee: this baby swing is state of the art and is extremely popular.. how big is your baby?
incel: :smith:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Get to the choppa!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDtYkbg5Z5I

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

How do you guys find local Discords? Facebook? Reddit? The one for my area seems oddly dead relative to the amount of gym and raid activity I see in the wild, and I'm wondering if there is a more active one I'm missing

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Honestly, I typed in Arizona Pokemon GO Facebook and it had a link to the AZ Pokemon Go discord, and it's active. Probably include where you are in florida since I'd imagine your area would be flooded with players.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

Maw posted:

I keep having a weird issue that I've been unable to find anything about though - whenever I catch a non wild pokemon (from a raid, or reward from research etc), the next time I catch a pokemon the 'ok' button on the screen afterwards doesn't work, I have to force close the app and reopen to get past that screen. I don't seem to lose anything but it's pretty frustrating.

My girlfriend's account is currently on her old iPhone so I can do raids for her in the city, and it had the exact same issue yesterday. It also didn't remember that I Favorited the Pokemon after I had to force close it. I'm guessing Niantic lied when they said the latest forced update was "Bug fixes". :colbert:

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
Yeah I had the same after catching Shedinja

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

Yukari posted:

Honestly, I typed in Arizona Pokemon GO Facebook and it had a link to the AZ Pokemon Go discord, and it's active. Probably include where you are in florida since I'd imagine your area would be flooded with players.

I'd highly recommend the fb chats too, I was in one for tempe/mesa for a long time and it was the best raid resource for me at least

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

I'd highly recommend the fb chats too, I was in one for tempe/mesa for a long time and it was the best raid resource for me at least

I'll keep that in mind, but my current usage of facebook is basically never using it ever. I think the FB chat has a bot that posts the posts in the FB chat to discord and vice versa anyways.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Unsinkabear posted:

How do you guys find local Discords? Facebook? Reddit? The one for my area seems oddly dead relative to the amount of gym and raid activity I see in the wild, and I'm wondering if there is a more active one I'm missing

When in doubt, park yourself in front of a popular raid target near hatch time, keep an eye out for people playing, beat the raid if possible (optional but it would help to prove that you're not dead weight), and ask them if there is a group you can join. That's how I ended up getting into my local Discord group which wasn't accepting invites through Silph Road.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Unsinkabear posted:

I found mine via Facebook. Look for active Pokemon Go groups in your area and join them, then look to see if there are active discords.

There's also a Discord atlas on The Silph Road: https://thesilphroad.com/map/

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Having the same OK Button bug. Glad it's not just me.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

It's hilarious how much this game crashes on iOS when opening the player card or whatever it's called.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Has anyone had trouble with the circle trick? It wasn't working for me yesterday. That is, it was definitely changing size when I spun up during the attack animation.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Beachcomber posted:

Has anyone had trouble with the circle trick? It wasn't working for me yesterday. That is, it was definitely changing size when I spun up during the attack animation.

I didn't have any trouble with it this morning on a machamp. Maybe you let go during its attack animation when you initially locked it?

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

I’ve got the ok button bug, and my game crashes nine times out of ten when I go to the friends page. If anyone was wondering why user Grommulox has been so bad at sending/opening gifts recently, that’s why!

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Looks like Adventure Sync has been rolled out for everyone now? I stepped outside for a run over to catch a wild Hariyama, and got greeted with the number of KM I walked this week (15.9 km apparently) and a bunch of Pokeballs. I also see the option to enable the feature now, and I'm level 30.

Also re: Ok button bug, looks like my Android is fine actually in terms of this, but not the iPhone. Did a quick Shinx raid on my way back, tried catching a wild Arcanine, and I was able to exit out normally.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I'm hatching so many drat eggs now. AdventureSync, the feature that should have been in the game at release 2+ years ago, is really good

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
It syncs all location data right? No smartwatch sync necessary?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Yeah I really like the precise tracking and the fact that I don't have to keep the phone screen on the whole time and kill my battery. Excellent feature.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/PokemonGoApp/status/1058446162661912576

Jorgos Nuuh
Dec 28, 2004
Pröööööt

Get In! Result!

Got a lot of normal balls. I'm ok with it.

Jorgos Nuuh fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Nov 2, 2018

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Themata posted:

Looks like Adventure Sync has been rolled out for everyone now? I stepped outside for a run over to catch a wild Hariyama, and got greeted with the number of KM I walked this week (15.9 km apparently) and a bunch of Pokeballs. I also see the option to enable the feature now, and I'm level 30.

Also re: Ok button bug, looks like my Android is fine actually in terms of this, but not the iPhone. Did a quick Shinx raid on my way back, tried catching a wild Arcanine, and I was able to exit out normally.

It's not out for everyone yet. My boyfriend is level 28 and he still doesn't have access. I'm digging it though. I've been trying to walk more to lose weight and this is definitely a motivation.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
They'll probably get it in the next wave, it's 30 and above right now and they're going to unlock it for trainers at 5+ all told

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Has anyone with an android device manage to get this adventure sync to actually work? I downloaded Google Fit and made my profile, I already gave GO permission to do the sync, and yet it's still not tracking the data from my Google Fit???

I r confuzzled, send help

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Parrotine posted:

Has anyone with an android device manage to get this adventure sync to actually work? I downloaded Google Fit and made my profile, I already gave GO permission to do the sync, and yet it's still not tracking the data from my Google Fit???

Someone earlier mentioned you have to enable fitness tracking in your phone's system settings itself.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

Soysaucebeast posted:

It's not out for everyone yet. My boyfriend is level 28 and he still doesn't have access. I'm digging it though. I've been trying to walk more to lose weight and this is definitely a motivation.

Yeah, you're right, I read something elsewhere about "rolling out to level 5" and assumed they had done just that instead of going down by 5 each time. :(

Parrotine posted:

Closing and reopening the app let me finally sync it successfully. But now I get occasional messages telling me the game crashed, only it hasn't. :thunk:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Adventure sync keeps trying to sync to the wrong Google account on my phone :bang:

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I'm guessing that since it's not legendary that Shedinja doesn't have a lot of catch xp, right?

Or I guess maybe I haven't been getting as much xp as I thought?

Beachcomber fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Nov 3, 2018

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Are we expecting a Gengar box in the store on Saturday?

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
Does it calculate distance via steps or the GPS of your phone? It's gonna be too cold to go for regular walks here soon, and it'd be super nice if I could hatch eggs while walking on the treadmill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Hey I don’t know if profballs is in the thread but we hit Ultra Friends tomorrow, let me know if you want to coordinate lucky eggs.