Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

oh this will go swimmingly https://twitter.com/GdnPolitics/status/1058337585204887552

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/bbcthree/status/1058332287652282368

This seems like something the thread will enjoy.

And it almost immediately goes into landlords wanting sex in exchange for a place to live, this is grim stuff.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Nov 2, 2018

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

Oh yes what could possibly go wrong.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Given she's the height of cowardice you won't be surprised that the questions are pre-screened and she doesn't record her response live but is allowed to script it before recording.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

"I, a normal human child, would like to say that introduction of additional higher tax brackets is not what I want for mummy and daddy, who definitely did not coach me on these lines"

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
"Why are my classmates being deported?"

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
"Mrs Theresa, why does that old stupid ugly man who looks like my grandad hate Jews so much?"
- Tarquin, age 8 3/4

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

"Why isn't the food bank closing down but the library is?"

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Can't believe two prime ministers in a row are going to be destroyed by ignoring the old showbiz adage 'never work with children or animals'.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Ms May, your campaign seems to have the momentum of a runaway freight train. Why are you so popular?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

sebzilla posted:

Ms May, your campaign seems to have the momentum of a runaway freight train. Why are you so popular?

Holy poo poo, yes, someone in here with a child get on it right now.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

Can't believe two prime ministers in a row are going to be destroyed by ignoring the old showbiz adage 'never work with children or animals'.

"We're trying not to work with the French, ho ho ho. Just a little joke we have in the Tory party. Wait what does that word mean?" :thermidor:

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

How else do you expect her to show off her USP as a Tory politician, "almost certainly not a child molester"? When's the next time they'll be able to show off their non-molestation capabilities? When was the last time?

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

Is this the 'Labour Party' as in some of the few hundred thousand members of the public that paid a small fee to join?

In which case isn't the link to Labour pretty tenuous?

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Borrovan posted:

How else do you expect her to show off her USP as a Tory politician, "almost certainly not a child molester"? When's the next time they'll be able to show off their non-molestation capabilities? When was the last time?

Ah yes, British child molesters. Known for steering clear of children on TV.

jacksbrat
Oct 15, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

It's an OK read, but pretty :rolleyes: when it comes to FG's "missteps". Coveney or Varadkar reiterating their party line (which calls for Irish reunification) is not new information, whether or not the DUP decide to cry about it can't really be helped, and they can't be appeased by anything short of dead Catholics in the street so gently caress em

Yeah I agree. The article fails to mention that implicit in the idea of a united Ireland is the border poll. This isn't 1922 Mk II. Oooh people who voted, on all political sides, to stay in the EU might actually try to stay in the EU (well, not the unionists).

The border poll is not gonna happen though, let alone a united Ireland... and the GFA is gonna get ridden over roughshod in March.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

EvilGenius posted:

Is this the 'Labour Party' as in some of the few hundred thousand members of the public that paid a small fee to join?

In which case isn't the link to Labour pretty tenuous?

One of them's a sitting councillor.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

BBC News:
- Amber Rudd did nothing wrong
- Labour being investigated by Met police for hatecrimes (final sentence was the Labour Party itself isn't being investigated)
- Met chief says they don't prioritise hate crimes

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Darth Walrus posted:

One of them's a sitting councillor.

They were passed a document about internal Labour investigations and the police say some might be hate crimes. Labour is ahead of the police on this one no matter what and any headlines blaming the party or implying fault other than they have a lot of members is a deliberate attack.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

namesake posted:

They were passed a document about internal Labour investigations and the police say some might be hate crimes. Labour is ahead of the police on this one no matter what and any headlines blaming the party or implying fault other than they have a lot of members is a deliberate attack.

That's precisely what they're looking at - whether Labour dealt with these allegations adequately and whether some of this stuff should have been referred to the police.

Meanwhile, Jesus loving Christ on a bike:

https://twitter.com/bbcpolitics/status/1058336682716643329?s=21

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Darth Walrus posted:

That's precisely what they're looking at - whether Labour dealt with these allegations adequately and whether some of this stuff should have been referred to the police.

Meanwhile, Jesus loving Christ on a bike:

https://twitter.com/bbcpolitics/status/1058336682716643329?s=21

It'll be extremely bad if the police decide something is a crime against someone who has been through the process and is still a member I agree but Labour party disciplinaries are about Labour party membership, if someone has been a victim of a crime then they should report it to the police themselves.

Also lol at loving Marr the absolute bastard will be having Stephen Yaxley-lennon on soon.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Is Marr going to wank him off, live on daytime telly?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

"Do you recognise my name from the victim row on that DVD you lost, Mrs. May?"

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY
Here, help displace Thatcher from the running for the face of the £50 note

https://twitter.com/Williamw1/status/1058345629133537280

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

coffeetable posted:

Here, help displace Thatcher from the running for the face of the £50 note

https://twitter.com/Williamw1/status/1058345629133537280

Tommy Flowers should be on the £50 note.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Only if it gets an inscription on the bottom saying that Britain could have been world leaders in digital telephone exchanges if the government weren't such cunts about state secrets.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
like it'll probably end up being thatcher but why go for someone that controversial when there are a bunch of people you can pick

if you want a scientist then like Ada Lovelace, Turing and Faraday are all decent picks

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Tommy Robinson should be on the £50 note.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

This already appears to have been deleted, what is Marr up to now?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Guavanaut posted:

Only if it gets an inscription on the bottom saying that Britain could have been world leaders in digital telephone exchanges if the government weren't such cunts about state secrets.

Also world leaders in fibre optic internet if we weren't such cunts in general.

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

mrpwase posted:

Sounds like he is spending his time getting telt.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I also support him being a national leader in science and deceased.

Renaissance Robot posted:

Also world leaders in fibre optic internet if we weren't such cunts in general.
That's on the 200 page pullout of bad poo poo that comes with the Thatcher 50.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Hahaha. We got told at my workplace that there were going to be a few more layoffs/office closures on Halloween, too. Thanks, guys, for the scary contribution!

(Upshot, unlikely to be able to find somewhere to redeploy to internally within my employer after my own role got the axe a week or so ago, good thing I'm applying elsewhere!)

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

mrpwase posted:

Inviting Arron Banks on TV to discuss the details of the criminal charges levelled against him.

IANAL but I'm pretty sure that counts as some kind of perversion of justice/potentially biasing the trial, ie the same poo poo Tommeh got nicked for.

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Nov 2, 2018

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

mrpwase posted:

He was inviting Arron loving Banks onto his show to discuss the charges against him.

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

Miftan posted:

Stick Turing (if it has to be a scientist) on the 50 along with some writing saying 'sorry we were such shits to everyone basically since we became a nation state'

Mathematicians aren't scientists. :colbert:

Also, harking back to WW1 and beard chat: I think the war should have been decided on basis of which side had the most magnificent moustache.

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
It's that time of year where for some mysterious reason, we celebrate the failure to blow up politicians by burning pallets and effigies, and then blowing up things for entertainment.

If any of you are doing your own fireworks displays over this weekend, please make sure you stay safe and follow the instructions and precautions. They are there for a reason and while the general public doesn't get to buy the most dangerous stuff, you can still kill people with retail fireworks

If you're going to a public display - which I would recommend instead of doing your own - spare a thought for the fireworks crew who will have been out in the cold four hours setting up for you. The majority of us are volunteers who don't get paid - if we're lucky we get a free burger, but I struggle to get even that at one of my regular events!

And if playing around with professional fireworks in front of an audience sounds like fun to you, just make contact with whoever does your local ones! Most shows are always interested in an extra pair of hands for next year. Just rememeber that they probably *can't* let you help this year until you've been trained!

(If anyone wants to know anything about doing professional fireworks displays just ask. It's good fun but hard work!)

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Oh look, it's still happening. They just modified the tweet - originally, it linked to the LEAVE.EU website.

https://twitter.com/bbcpolitics/status/1058341086584815616?s=21

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
There have been plenty of scientists and "scientists" like adam smith on our notes already, should prob have a composer people didn't hear about at school already 30 times on there, or similar, so people discover something new when the BBC News publishes a "who the gently caress is [insert note person]" article on the website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/ClickHole/status/1058358142013227009