Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

owns owns owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

hey liberal left piece crap

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔙𝔦𝔰𝔦𝔬𝔫 𝔬𝔣 𝔗𝔥𝔢 ℭ𝔥𝔲𝔡 lmao

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

twoday posted:

This work is based upon Albrecht Durer's woodcut "Saint John Devouring the Book of the Apocalypse" and depicts Cesar Sayoc (the Magabomber) receiving personal instructions from Trump to make America great again in the form of a messaianic vision. Trump appears to Sayoc in the sky as a deific being made of light, straddling both water and land, standing upon legs made of pipe bombs, and pointing Sayoc towards an even brighter light, conveying unto him the message that would come to guide his actions: "Kanye Kanye Kanye Truml Trump Trump yea". A lone alligator sets the scene in the swamps of Southern Florida, whence a darkened path leads from Sayoc towards the ominous looming vision of New York, the home of Trump's sworn enemies at CNN.

Holy poo poo

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
I take no pleasure in recording this:

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

twoday posted:

I take no pleasure in recording this:

This is incredible, I'm buying a copy the second it's released.

If you're still thinking of ideas, there's a nice intersection with the medieval astrology or tarot card format and how goons, Nate Silver, and poll aggregators all tried to predict the future with any available method.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

DMCrimson posted:

This is incredible, I'm buying a copy the second it's released.

If you're still thinking of ideas, there's a nice intersection with the medieval astrology or tarot card format and how goons, Nate Silver, and poll aggregators all tried to predict the future with any available method.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
it still needs more of my posts, all the good ones (all of them are good)

twoday
May 4, 2005

crazy cloud posted:

it still needs more of my posts, all the good ones (all of them are good)

Yeah I can barely keep up with anything at this point, but I'm saving some energy for the book of basta

Astorlogy polls and prediction charts sound cool, I have been looking at that sort of medieval manuscript for inspiration lately and I want to make some of those insane charts that normally have Hebrew on them

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Found this: Bellingcat on the magabomber's radicalization. Interestingly, he was virulently anti-Semitic but hated Nazis

e: magic boks

Maybe even a few Grimores

e2: Lol, online esoteric library

I love how their web pages are old and neglected, like an ancient tomb or abandoned church of a dark but obscure God

Nebakenezzer has issued a correction as of 23:55 on Nov 4, 2018

twoday
May 4, 2005

hooooly shittttt, thank you for dredging up the ancient demonic websites of the late 90's , this loving rules

twoday
May 4, 2005

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

crazy cloud posted:

Holy poo poo

lol

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

this is a quote I liked a lot from when bourdain died, but I didn’t save the user but shoutouts to whoever wrote it

quote:

he important thing to remember is that a lot of our sadness comes from the way we look at people like Bourdain and see aspects that we want to emulate, that we want to aspire to. "it was cool that he said the good thing instead of doing the decorum" or "it was cool that he cared about people and food instead of selling slap chops" or "he liked to listen as much as he liked to tell stories". we go about our day not doing those things, but we say to ourselves: one day we will stop doing the decorum or trying to sell slap chops or talking over other people, and one day we will be as good as he was. but we won't do that today, maybe tomorrow, i'm busy today. so when those people finally leave, there's a wound in the shape of all those good things you told yourself you'd aspire to do or become but never did

for the majority of his fans, the only things actually being lost are some good tv episodes and funny quotes, which sucks but isn't really that big a deal. but what you can gain from the shock of the loss is looking at all those vestigial ambitions in your life to say "i've always held myself back, for stupid reasons, and i'm not going to hold myself back anymore." and in so doing, you honor the memory of those special people more than any quote or epitaph or monument

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

OP, google image search for "alchemical emblems" no quotes for a greate hoft of infpiration.

Pagina paginam aperit.

twoday
May 4, 2005

People like Bourdain inspire me to write this book and do all kinds of other poo poo that I wouldn't do if there weren't heroes out there that have taught me to go out and try the poo poo I want to do and see what happens.

Is he enough of a c spam figure to include? He's a part of the zeitgeist and was a notable figure in teaching Americans how to relate to the rest of the world but I'm not sure if he's exactly c spam.

It also turns out that I suck at keeping up with my plans for this book because there are just so many random events happening that I find inspiring for artwork that I can barely keep up with just those. I would do this all day if I could.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

twoday posted:

People like Bourdain inspire me to write this book and do all kinds of other poo poo that I wouldn't do if there weren't heroes out there that have taught me to go out and try the poo poo I want to do and see what happens.

Is he enough of a c spam figure to include? He's a part of the zeitgeist and was a notable figure in teaching Americans how to relate to the rest of the world but I'm not sure if he's exactly c spam.

It also turns out that I suck at keeping up with my plans for this book because there are just so many random events happening that I find inspiring for artwork that I can barely keep up with just those. I would do this all day if I could.

Bourdain is CSPAM as gently caress and powerfully missed

his Kissinger statements alone make him CSPAM worthy

twoday
May 4, 2005

Uranium posted:

OP, google image search for "alchemical emblems" no quotes for a greate hoft of infpiration.

Pagina paginam aperit.

Oh, so that's what they're called. Thank you very much, I was looking for that keyword. I also came across this online magazine that is devoted to only this sort of art, and is really great to browse through if you like that sort of thing:

http://www.lexiconmag.com

twoday
May 4, 2005

That's some good material

This one calls for red ink

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

twoday posted:

Bourdain was an incredible person, ya he had some eye rolling habits like dumping on foodies while preaching molecular gastronomy, but he was a very good dude and as someone who worked for a decade in the restaurant industry, his prose is fantastic to the point of being haunting

twoday
May 4, 2005

I love cooking and I love Bourdain

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

twoday posted:

I love cooking and I love Bourdain

he's tied with Keith Floyd as #1

twoday
May 4, 2005

Someone gave me the Dali cookbook for my last birthday, that also owns but in a different way

twoday
May 4, 2005

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

twoday posted:

Oh, so that's what they're called. Thank you very much, I was looking for that keyword. I also came across this online magazine that is devoted to only this sort of art, and is really great to browse through if you like that sort of thing:

Thank yuo for this.

Anyway, according to The Secrets of Alchemy by Lawrence M. Principe (which is actually a scholarly book that explains the history of it seriously), emblems were symbolic illustrations of the principles or steps (projection, sublimation, etc) in a chemical process. The format would guard the secret to turning lead into purestrain gold from the uninitiated, while those who were familiar with the symbols could use them as a cookbook.

Emblematic art could be the best medium to illuminate those in the future of the Days of C-SPAM, when unironic words failed.

e:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ealYU2ICnU

Uranium has issued a correction as of 02:44 on Nov 5, 2018

twoday
May 4, 2005

There’s an alchemical library near me that houses all kids of medieval alchemical texts, I should pay it a visit

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

twoday posted:

If you or anyone else would like a detailed read on exactly why Kissinger should be rotting in prison right now, William Shawcross's Sideshow: Kissinger, Nixon, and the Destruction of Cambodia is an infuriatingly well detailed book on the subject.

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Agean90 posted:

Make a book about the fantastic elon musk thread

Linking the fun parts below to make references easier, the Tesla discussions are worthy of inclusion and the Elon meltdown this summer was the best moment:

The imfamous $420 tweet starts here

Song parodies start around here and go on for a while:

Dadbod Apocalypse posted:

Muskrats gathered in their Teslaaaaaaas
Lane assist will kill these fellaaaaaas
Time to tweet we're going privaaaaate
Start another boardroom rioooooot
Oh Grimes yeah!

And undoubtedly peak with this WYWH cover

3 posted:

Hi Elon thread, long time listener, first time caller. I want to request some Pink Floyd, is that okay?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zNtTfzYiu4

download mp3 here

And then the Azealia Banks posts starts here

twoday
May 4, 2005

DryGoods posted:

that's it for my av folder. if you don't see yourself dead in there, tell me and i'll add you. otherwise i'll keep looking over for who i missed. it'd be nice to get most everybody in there for the midterms as a snapshot of cspam

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

twoday posted:

I feel like the era when artists drew whales as giant angry sea-dogs because that's how they've always been drawn is actually very instructive about politics today

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

twoday posted:

This work is based upon Albrecht Durer's woodcut "Saint John Devouring the Book of the Apocalypse" and depicts Cesar Sayoc (the Magabomber) receiving personal instructions from Trump to make America great again in the form of a messaianic vision. Trump appears to Sayoc in the sky as a deific being made of light, straddling both water and land, standing upon legs made of pipe bombs, and pointing Sayoc towards an even brighter light, conveying unto him the message that would come to guide his actions: "Kanye Kanye Kanye Truml Trump Trump yea". A lone alligator sets the scene in the swamps of Southern Florida, whence a darkened path leads from Sayoc towards the ominous looming vision of New York, the home of Trump's sworn enemies at CNN.

Insanity is great

twoday
May 4, 2005

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patron_saints_of_ailments,_illness,_and_dangers

twoday
May 4, 2005

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Two monks were arzying over the election results:

It is the polls that move! said one

It is the votes that move! said the other

The zen master huineng saw them and said:

Monks! It is neither the votes that move nor the polls that move but your mind that moves!

At these words the monks began killing their livers with alcohol

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Cunning tanuki; he preys upon my humble soul; I have no defence.

twoday
May 4, 2005

koans and haikus are great

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Domus mutatur
atqui mundus infernus regnat
et nihil agit.