Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Splicer posted:

Stellaris 2.1: All these shitposts will be lost, like tiles in LeGuin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turol
Jul 31, 2017

Splicer posted:

:allears:

Bettik
Jan 28, 2008

Space-age Rock Star

Splicer posted:

:emptyquote:

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Splicer posted:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Splicer posted:

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Splicer posted:

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Splicer posted:

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Reveilled posted:

The moment I take the last materialist planet, all the Materialist's vassals become my vassals and I win the game. A little anticlimactic.

Oh I dunno, I got a neat mental image of a collection of the fallen empire's former vassals bowing before you as you stride/slither/glide into place on your throneworld. They know who's top dog now. :smug:

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The road to ecumenopoliiaeses' is filled with crossbreeding.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR
Xeno-Compatability: Fun for the Whole Galaxy

or

Xeno-Compatability: Because Paradox Devs love their kinks too much

Semquais
Dec 5, 2013

Splicer posted:

:emptyquote:

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

Stellaris 2.1: You Cum In A Polis

Tyrel Lohr
Mar 1, 2007

No, sir, I don't care for Frungy.
Stellaris MegaCorp: Some Assembly Required (Tiles Not Included)

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Stellaris 2.1: Report to the ecumenopolis as soon as possible... we'll bang, okay?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Vavrek posted:

That was a suggestion made in this thread which was so good, people believed it met the "Good Posting = Stellaris development" threshold established by Wiz's career.

obviously this will be added in with Sexy Planets dlc, it's only a matter of time management.

Splicer posted:

There's repairing ruined megastructures, that just requires mega-engineering.

The penalty to city housing would reduce synergy a bit, but it still sounds like a good mix. Also I love the idea of an empire of pastoral farmland with one planet called "The Big City".

*snalien chaws straw, looks out viewport*
"Ayuh, tha'd be it."

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
It occurs to me that we dont have a "Shapeshifter" trait for races yet (both organic and synthetic).

I cant play as the dominion if my ruling race isn't shapeshifters paradox! :argh:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I feel like shapeshifter would be a genetic trait that increases influence with some kind of weird diplomatic effect

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I feel like shapeshifter would be a genetic trait that increases influence with some kind of weird diplomatic effect

-50 opinion with everyone?

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

binge crotching posted:

-50 opinion with everyone?

+50 opinion with everyone until they meet someone else who have met you.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

SniperWoreConverse posted:

They use the same species portrait, with the associated bonus, as long as you're at peace. But once you hit a big enough negative opinion threshold they'll turn into scary space horrors. Bonus points for a weird transition cutscene playing in the diplomacy view.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Stellaris 2.2: it's full of pops

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
Stellaris 2.2: Megastructures and chill

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Geemer posted:

They use the same species portrait, with the associated bonus, as long as you're at peace. But once you hit a big enough negative opinion threshold they'll turn into scary space horrors. Bonus points for a weird transition cutscene playing in the diplomacy view.

this is only for shapeshifter gestalts (they're The Thing)

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Cynic Jester posted:

+50 opinion with everyone until they meet someone else who have met gone to war with you.

Even better

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

Splicer posted:

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Thyrork posted:

Oh I dunno, I got a neat mental image of a collection of the fallen empire's former vassals bowing before you as you stride/slither/glide into place on your throneworld. They know who's top dog now. :smug:

Amusingly, they of course all detested me instantly because of the massive spike in the relative power of my vassals and the lack of any built trust like my long-time vassals had, so I let most of my new vassals go in peace. A few years later the second largest of those vassals got invaded and quickly defeated by the Spiritualist empire and suddenly many of them came crawling back to beg for protection.

Also in this game, I ended up conquering a planetary system filled with horrendously racist shrimp. Being a hive mind, I couldn't really do anything with them (I certainly wasn't going to stick racist shrimp in my own brain), so I displaced them, which was more humane than extermination. They immigrated en masse to the Human Independent Republic, a materialist, fanatic egalitarian, fanatic xenophile democracy controlling five worlds mostly emptied by the war in heaven. The Republic was in a delicate balance between the Humans who had been enslaved and rebelled, and the slaver geckos who had enslaved them. The arrival of the racist shrimp upset this balance of power, as now there was a xenophobic majority in the republic. Over the vehement objections of the xenophilic, egalitarian humans, a racist shrimp chancellor was elected, who promptly embraced Xenophobic ethics and stripped citizenship from all non-humans. Including himself.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Taking away all your own rights to own the libs

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I do wish the game could handle things like that better. Like species-specific factions rather than just a global empire-wide ethos balance leading to outcomes like the above. In that situation the xenophobic racist shrimp should have resulted in some sort of faction wanting their own break-away ethno-state rather than their own country becoming an ethno-state that didn't include them.

Basically xenophobes of the primary species should be handled very differently than xenophobes of a minority species.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Reveilled posted:

Also in this game, I ended up conquering a planetary system filled with horrendously racist shrimp. Being a hive mind, I couldn't really do anything with them (I certainly wasn't going to stick racist shrimp in my own brain), so I displaced them, which was more humane than extermination. They immigrated en masse to the Human Independent Republic, a materialist, fanatic egalitarian, fanatic xenophile democracy controlling five worlds mostly emptied by the war in heaven. The Republic was in a delicate balance between the Humans who had been enslaved and rebelled, and the slaver geckos who had enslaved them. The arrival of the racist shrimp upset this balance of power, as now there was a xenophobic majority in the republic. Over the vehement objections of the xenophilic, egalitarian humans, a racist shrimp chancellor was elected, who promptly embraced Xenophobic ethics and stripped citizenship from all non-humans. Including himself.

:chaostrump:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

That is an incredible self-own. Would have been better if it meant he got tossed as chancellor immediately instead of when the next election came around.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

That’s almost as good as pro-slavery slave pops in Victoria.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Ainsley McTree posted:

That’s almost as good as pro-slavery slave pops in Victoria.
Can you still get spiritualist robot pops?

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Reveilled posted:

Amusingly, they of course all detested me instantly because of the massive spike in the relative power of my vassals and the lack of any built trust like my long-time vassals had, so I let most of my new vassals go in peace. A few years later the second largest of those vassals got invaded and quickly defeated by the Spiritualist empire and suddenly many of them came crawling back to beg for protection.

paradox_of_tolerance.txt

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

It admittedly lends some credence to their intentions if the supremacists are like "Yeah of course there's a master race. It's not us though."

Also imho Hives should only have hive worlds, with it happening automatically over the course of years or longer after acquisition. Then you'd have to expand constantly to feed the ever-hungrier core as you can't help but reproduce to fill every inch of land you inhabit.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ms Adequate posted:

Then you'd have to expand constantly to feed the ever-hungrier core as you can't help but reproduce to fill every inch of land you inhabit.

I want to make a joke about us not having to model galaxy-spanning intelligences on your personal life but I don't want to be mean spirited.

But just know that this is a very good setup for such a joke.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Nessus posted:

Can you still get spiritualist robot pops?

They can't join the spiritualist faction, but I think so. Easiest way is probably to go synth ascension and assimilate spiritualists.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Ms Adequate posted:

Then you'd have to expand constantly to feed the ever-hungrier core as you can't help but reproduce to fill every inch of land you inhabit.

Splicer posted:

Well, that's late stage capitalism for you.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Of course an Uncle Bubba Gump like the Chancellor would embrace revisionist racism on behalf of non-racist xenos! He's no true shrimp nationalist!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

OwlFancier posted:

I want to make a joke about us not having to model galaxy-spanning intelligences on your personal life but I don't want to be mean spirited.

But just know that this is a very good setup for such a joke.

That would not have been a joke entirely at odds with my personal life, tbf :v:

Also good! e; btw your title suggestion was very good

Anyway I had a realization that demanded I post immediately, so I came here in a great hurry to say I insist that there be an achievement for having an Ecumenopolis that reaches the theoretically maximal size allowed without mods, and every last one of those slots is fully populated, and I further insist that this achievement be called Magnasanti.

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Nov 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Ms Adequate posted:

Anyway I had a realization that demanded I post immediately, so I came here in a great hurry to say I insist that there be an achievement for having an Ecumenopolis that reaches the theoretically maximal size allowed without mods, and every last one of those slots is fully populated, and I further insist that this achievement be called Magnasanti.

Then re-hire Alexis Kennedy to write an event chain about the buddhist death cult of engineers who glimpsed the mathematical limits of the universe while designing it.

I assume he'll do it for free because the pitch has the word cult in it.