Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Fuzz posted:

I will probably take you up on this next week.

Happy to repay the debt, so I'll be there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

This is a new opportunity brought about by Challenge Rifts, so hopefully you've claimed one or both of the Challenge Rewards on your Seasonal Guy. Get your Blacksmith fully upgraded (which requires Death Breath, from the Challenge Reward).

Once you're level 40, you have the ability to wield a Level 70 weapon, which is HUGE.

1. Craft a level 70 weapon (2H Axe is the best) with at least +Main Stat
2. Make sure it has a Crowd Control secondary (such as % to Slow, % to Freeze, etc.)
3. Reroll the OTHER secondary, until you get Reduce Level Requirement by 1-30 (the crowd control perks represent like 90% of the total reroll perks, so if you have one as the other secondary stat, you have really good chances of getting Reduce Level Requirement)
4. Equip your Weapon and start wrecking Torment 2+ thanks to your massive stat boost

Obviously it's pretty hard to get a Reduce Level Requirement by 30, so it's easier to do this around level 50 so you only need a reduction of 20.

Be careful that you don't accidentally spend all of your gold rerolling... once you've rerolled ~5 times, just salvage it and make a new one. No sense spending $100k per re-roll when you can just make a new one for some yellow mats.
You are beautiful

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
Doesn’t a weapon with the rift gem that reduces level do the same thing?

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...
This is for your first seasonal character where you don't have access to any legendary gems or GR20s.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
Got it thanks, good looking out

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Just played some necro on ps4, drat does corpse explosion own so hard or what. I was worried before but this poo poo is legit fun.

Corpse explosion was incredibly fun. Somewhere along the way I had to bow to devouring aura plus skeleton mage singularity unfortunately but I love it.

Also, some people please add me on Xbox. I want to send people gifts :3:

MANT1S TOBBOGAN (yes toboggan is spelled wrong, but it would never have happened otherwise!)

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Anyone around to work on Seasonal characters on PS4? My PSN is DocFuzz, my DH is in the 30s atm, still slowly getting her up to 70 to get cracking.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Tempted to play this again but it runs like poo poo on my laptop, is the ps4 community still reasonably active or is it pretty much dead now?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

When does this season end?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Fuzz posted:

When does this season end?

They announce the end 2 weeks before the end. It will show up here:

https://us.diablo3.com/en/

Since it hasn't been announced yet, it's N+2 Weeks away.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Anyone playing this Season on PS4 still? Slowly plodding my way to 70 to get my armor, wouldn't mind some help if someone is willing!

PSN is DocFuzz, will be on again in a couple of hours.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Console players, log on to get your Batlecruiser pet

Sarkozymandias
May 25, 2010

THAT'S SYOUS D'RAVEN

I really enjoy flaming magic missiles and the whole Firebird aesthetic. What's the best way to get the most out of this fixation while proccing the Firebird set bonuses and Not Dying? I was trying something with the passive that gives 5 stacks from generators for a damage bonus on non-signature spells (Orb/Blizzpocalypse) but I think I could use more better fire.

Sarkozymandias fucked around with this message at 17:01 on May 30, 2018

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

So I hear that DMO Twister is really good on console due to the way the twisters work on that platform. Is that correct? Debating a twister wizard vs. a crusader for the next season, based on the starting sets.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

mentalcontempt posted:

So I hear that DMO Twister is really good on console due to the way the twisters work on that platform. Is that correct? Debating a twister wizard vs. a crusader for the next season, based on the starting sets.

Correct. Both it and Condemn Crusader are stupid good on console since we do double damage.

Sarkozymandias
May 25, 2010

THAT'S SYOUS D'RAVEN

How do they work diff on consoles?

Also does anyone on console have a few crafting resources to spare? By a few I mean a shitzillion? I am trying to collect Basically Everything and it's slow-going with how fast I've run through all my Veiled Crystals and such.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Sarkozymandias posted:

How do they work diff on consoles?

Also does anyone on console have a few crafting resources to spare? By a few I mean a shitzillion? I am trying to collect Basically Everything and it's slow-going with how fast I've run through all my Veiled Crystals and such.

You know the yellow globes we collect that give us 20 seconds of double damage?

On PC, they just make you move faster. Oddly enough, this seems to have basically perfectly balanced the lack of PC's precision aiming.

The issue with Condemn and Energy Twister on PC is that they eventually hit a wall where they're great at AoE but can't handle single targets. With double damage, it ain't a thing

Sarkozymandias
May 25, 2010

THAT'S SYOUS D'RAVEN

That is extremely interesting and cool to know!

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Energy twister can also be cast while running, something that's impossible on PC

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Playing this sort of game on a controller is just so nice, I could never go back.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

I've played the poo poo out of both console and PC versions- to the extent even that D3 is one of my few platinum'd PS4 games.

For abilities that really benefit from placement choices, like a variety of the AoE patches WD's put down, mouse is better.

For classes where you run around and mindlessly gently caress poo poo up- whirlwind barb, dildonado necro, a controller's way better.

There's nuance, enough that I kinda wish PC had a gamepad option.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

5er posted:

I've played the poo poo out of both console and PC versions- to the extent even that D3 is one of my few platinum'd PS4 games.

For abilities that really benefit from placement choices, like a variety of the AoE patches WD's put down, mouse is better.

For classes where you run around and mindlessly gently caress poo poo up- whirlwind barb, dildonado necro, a controller's way better.

There's nuance, enough that I kinda wish PC had a gamepad option.

I’ve never understood Blizzard’s unwillingness to implement it, seeing as they obviously figured out how it works.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
the rng gods blessed the hell out of me this season, was running gr80s within 6 hrs of hitting 70 on my helltooth wd

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pre-ordered the Switch version today. Getting in on the triple dip action. Own the game now on PC, Xbox One, and Switch.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

I said come in! posted:

Pre-ordered the Switch version today. Getting in on the triple dip action. Own the game now on PC, Xbox One, and Switch.

Same

My understanding is season 15 will be starting immediately at launch. Going to run an UE multishot to start since it aligns with the season rewards and is a good quick starter

Angstronaut
Apr 26, 2005

is there no shame?
About to pick this up for the Switch. I played D3 a longgg time ago like maybe Season 6 on PC but haven't played it for any consoles yet.

Any current favorite builds for funhavers that just wanna wreck stuff and not die all the time for console? I have looked on icyveins etc but want something that is well-suited for a controller.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Angstronaut posted:

About to pick this up for the Switch. I played D3 a longgg time ago like maybe Season 6 on PC but haven't played it for any consoles yet.

Any current favorite builds for funhavers that just wanna wreck stuff and not die all the time for console? I have looked on icyveins etc but want something that is well-suited for a controller.

Since changing up your build has no penalty, why not just play the game and figure out what feels best instead of playing to someone else’s instructions?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

I have a hard time not recommending demon hunter for early season shitwrecker that can scale well to higher content without a crazy gear commitment. Crusader and wizard are also decent choices.

Within those classes there are several options each.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I haven’t played since around the time RMAH was going away. Worth getting back into on PS4 or Switch?

I remember enjoying overall but I didn’t play with others and gear grind sucked with the RMAH but I didn’t stick around after that.

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan

Ultimate Mango posted:

I haven’t played since around the time RMAH was going away. Worth getting back into on PS4 or Switch?

I remember enjoying overall but I didn’t play with others and gear grind sucked with the RMAH but I didn’t stick around after that.

You've not played Diablo 3 yet.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Ultimate Mango posted:

The PS4 version kicks rear end. It even runs at native 4K on the pro and keeps a solid frame rate. The DualShock 4 is a great control for it, and you can Remote Play on a Vita or PC.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

On Switch, how do you equip a companion pet?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Ultimate Mango posted:

It's a completely different (read:better) game now and I own both the Switch and PS4 versions. I'd say get the PS4 version when it's on sale, but I'm primarily going to play this on my Switch for now.

On the Switch version, does this connect to your Battle.net account at all or nah?

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

I said come in! posted:

On Switch, how do you equip a companion pet?

I would think you do it from the inventory screen just like all the other versions, unless they poo poo up the interface for the kiddy tablet version.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Deadguy2322 posted:

I would think you do it from the inventory screen just like all the other versions, unless they poo poo up the interface for the kiddy tablet version.

Found it, I am coming over from PC version where it's totally different.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

I said come in! posted:

Found it, I am coming over from PC version where it's totally different.

👍🏻

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Deadguy2322 posted:

Wow plz no hate speech itt

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Playing on console is a completely different and better experience. No questions

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Deadguy2322 posted:

The PS4 version kicks rear end. It even runs at native 4K on the pro and keeps a solid frame rate. The DualShock 4 is a great control for it, and you can Remote Play on a Vita or PC.

It's not native 4k (it uses dynamic scaling and almost never reaches 100% scale) but it is smooth as hell and you can't really tell anyway. It's one of the best games ever. They did an incredible job with the console versions. I'm a diehard pc fanboy but I will always say that Diablo 3 is vastly superior on consoles, the control scheme and gameplay is just better in every way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Moving AND aiming your attacks with the mouse is just so goddam stupid lmao