Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cao Ni Ma posted:

East asia's taste in anime is far more superior than ours (switch out SAO for double decker and it would be perfect)

Also people on message boards saying they want to go to saga (because of zombieland) but its so far away

I'm surprised east Asia has five anime titles available to be honest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

so i finally saw what everyone else did re:slime boring and muscle maid creepy. bummers

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
How many episodes of maid did it take you

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I thought that the words "hardcore lolicon" in the show's synopsis would have been enough for anyone to deem it creepy.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Three. The third is so beyond the pale that I can't find the words. And that's not in the description. The description doesn't even hint at what it is just hey it's a maid.

The first episode was ridiculously well made and I was confused why nobody else was saying so.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Well also in hindsight the second episode was also horrific.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

kater posted:

The first episode was ridiculously well made and I was confused why nobody else was saying so.
I mean, probably because one of the main characters being a pedophile was right in the summary. That sort of thing tends to make a three episode test unnecessary.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

kater posted:

Three. The third is so beyond the pale that I can't find the words. And that's not in the description. The description doesn't even hint at what it is just hey it's a maid.

The summary in the OP mentions it.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

adtrw must be the only forum where ppl read the op, congrats 👍

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

anyway forget about the lolicon poo poo, enjoy the hot new tejina senpai anime instead

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

The Colonel posted:

i wish people were willing to ever discuss sao in a way that would actually be interesting to read

I think the Alicization thread is doing a pretty good job. Nothings really happened in it yet though.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Davincie posted:

anyway forget about the lolicon poo poo, enjoy the hot new tejina senpai anime instead

That's a surprise. I kind of forgot about that one since scans seem to have dried up, but I guess it's still running?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Strange Quark posted:

I'm surprised east Asia has five anime titles available to be honest

From the map, it looks like Japan is counted as part of East Asia, and I would certainly hope they have more than 5 anime available.

Demicol posted:

I think the Alicization thread is doing a pretty good job. Nothings really happened in it yet though.

Also yeah, there hasn't really been much to make fun of this season yet, it's just kinda really boring.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i think squark just mistook the chart as one from CR, who has pretty bad availability in East Asia

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Gridman has such good CG, my god. The handling of shadows is incredible and things move so well. I dunno if they're using really polished mocap or hand-keying it, but its great.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I was misled by the orange

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

chumbler posted:

That's a surprise. I kind of forgot about that one since scans seem to have dried up, but I guess it's still running?

the world can never get enough of big magic tricks :cheers:

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

kater posted:

I need you to explain how the gently caress you got past the maid saying "I'm not interested in girls who've begun to menstruate" in the first episode without realizing she was a pedophile.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Demicol posted:

Please remember that the Alicization arc lasts 10 books. The fact that the anime appears to be making some effort into putting its metaphorical pedal to the metal is an improvement.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Ccs posted:

Gridman has such good CG, my god. The handling of shadows is incredible and things move so well. I dunno if they're using really polished mocap or hand-keying it, but its great.

They're prob sharing in house stuff that they've prob been developing for a while considering promare is entirely cg

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

trigger has a really close relationship with sanzigen (the bbrk/arpeggio of blue steel guys) so thats probably a part of it too

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I really wish Irozuku was a 2-cour because the first 4 episodes were a nice slow burn but the last episode upped the pacing like they just remembered they only had 13 episodes to work with. I just want more 2-cour PA Works shows :(

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Ibblebibble posted:

I really wish Irozuku was a 2-cour because the first 4 episodes were a nice slow burn but the last episode upped the pacing like they just remembered they only had 13 episodes to work with. I just want more 2-cour PA Works shows :(

Good Av-post combo.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Hell yeah. I really think Shirobako is one of the best series I've seen and I liked Sakura Quest a lot. I need to go back and watch Hanasaku Iroha and NagiAsu eventually.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!

Ibblebibble posted:

Shirobako is one of the best series

:discourse:

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Did Sakura Quest end decently? The first few eps of the second cour were miserable as gently caress and I just kinda stopped watching it.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

kater posted:

Did Sakura Quest end decently? The first few eps of the second cour were miserable as gently caress and I just kinda stopped watching it.
It's not as strong as Hanasaku Iroha or Shirobako, but it's still pretty decent.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

kater posted:

Yeah, I would say the ending was happy and satisfying.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

kater posted:

The show really picks up after that and I'd say as a whole the second cour is way better than the first. Ending is quite good

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Goblin Slayer has gone 3 episodes without being gross, I hope it keeps this up.

Man I really wish that the ace attorney anime could skip the next trial, it's so loving terrible and dumb. At least bridge and beginning are really good; iirc beginning doesn't have phoenix in it at all, it's just mia and edgeworth

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I wouldn't mind a second season of Yoshino's adventures in Okinawa, but Sakura Quest ended pretty satisfyingly IMO.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

The only reason I was pushing Goblin Slayer in the first place was because I mainly remembered the chapters (episodes now) after the opening arc.
That being said I should've known better considering this environment.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Grouchio posted:

The only reason I was pushing Goblin Slayer in the first place was because I mainly remembered the chapters (episodes now) after the opening arc.
That being said I should've known better considering this environment.

The environment was definitely the problem here. Yup.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

......I'm digging into another hole I should not be this tone-deaf :suicide:

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Nov 3, 2018

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
grouchio most of the people in this thread are not going to like goblin slayer i feel like you should maybe just accept that and just, chill

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Nov 3, 2018

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Kay. I need to take a nap when I'm this tired-drunk.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

jump in now and enjoy this seasons biggest hit :)

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
So what's the difference between Jojo's Bizzare Adventure Part 5 and Jojo's Bizzare Adventure Part V?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
women prove themselves superior yet again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Julias posted:

So what's the difference between Jojo's Bizzare Adventure Part 5 and Jojo's Bizzare Adventure Part V?
One uses arabic numerals and the other uses latin.