Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Instant Sunrise posted:

The sacrificial lamb republicans in deeply democratic districts are some of the most absolute balls out crazy motherfuckers.

Sacrificial lamb democrats in deep republican districts are usually just boring neolib technocrats or diet republicans.

I can confirm from prior experience that Republican candidates in purple states are oftentimes just as crazy. It turns out that conspiracy theorizing racist wingnuts make up a large fraction of the GOP, and this is true across the country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum

On the 91, paying for Fastrak, in a Prius.

With a Yes on 6 sticker.

Aeka 2.0 fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Nov 2, 2018

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
I still don't get why people black out identifying info. The guy's in a public location with a big bumper sticker. gently caress him.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Sundae posted:

I still don't get why people black out identifying info. The guy's in a public location with a big bumper sticker. gently caress him.

I had the same thought, but some motherfucker somewhere may drill down and may doxx. What I'm saying is Derek Smart spooked me a bit.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

There's not much you can do with someone's plate, either. And yet you'll hand your credit card to wait staff who then walk off somewhere with it. Maybe let them see your ID, too.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Maybe because some people actually respect others privacy even if they disagree with them

And people thought republicans were the ones trying to eradicate privacy

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Your license plate is not private. It's on the outside of your car!

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

LeoMarr posted:

Maybe because some people actually respect others privacy even if they disagree with them

heh, so much for the tolerant left. take that libs.

also

Leperflesh posted:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Leperflesh posted:

your address is also outside so that means its okay post it on the internet right

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
In general it's best practice to edit out personally identifying information, since there's always the chance that some unhinged lurker will put on their internet detective hat and start harassing someone.

I doubt anyone gives that much of a poo poo about a prius' bumper sticker, but it's best to err on the side of caution.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

LeoMarr posted:

your address is also outside so that means its okay post it on the internet right

It is 100% legal to take a picture of a house, complete with address, and publish it. Note: google maps does this for virtually every address in the world.

Addresses, like license plates, are public information.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Just because something is legal doesn’t mean it is ethical.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
Why is Lowtax running for LA County Assessor?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Doxxing is poo poo, don't do it. Sign them up for embarrassing poo poo or mail them a glitter surprise instead

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

oh sorry I must have missed where that car photo had the owner's name, or even a picture of their face, or any other identifying information

A picture of a car with the plate showing is not doxxing someone, nor is a photo of a house with the street number. And there's really nothing unethical about it either.

What exactly do you think you can do with a random car's plate? I guess you could file a false police report, which will slightly waste someone's time?

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

ponzicar posted:

In general it's best practice to edit out personally identifying information, since there's always the chance that some unhinged lurker will put on their internet detective hat and start harassing someone.

I doubt anyone gives that much of a poo poo about a prius' bumper sticker, but it's best to err on the side of caution.

This. I targeted this car. If I took a pic of myself and there were visible plates behind me I would not black them out. Nuances.

Really though, that freeway sucks and is getting project funds from sb1, then having a Prius where they wont feel the tax along with being part of the shortfall problem of road funding by not buying enough gas. It's just weird, man.

Oh and death to prop 13.

Aeka 2.0 fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Nov 2, 2018

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

ponzicar posted:

Who the gently caress cares? Let them deal with the consequences of being horrible humans in public. Last time I checked, nobody puts a bumper sticker on their car for personal enjoyment in the quiet of their home.

Goddamned Leomarr posted:

How are you so regularly such a complete poo poo-for-brains? The mind boggles.

quote:

Oh and death to prop 13.

Something we can all agree on. :cheers:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OH MY GOD
https://www.google.com/search?q=traffic&tbm=isch

looook at all these doxxed people!!! Someone should sue google, this is monstrous

a bunch of those photos are from newspapers!

Ok OK I'll leave it alone, and I'm sorry for being such a dick about it. It's not unreasonable to blur a plate just to be polite or something, but I also think if your personal info is traceable from your license plate (and it more or less is limited to a name and address, depending on the state and whether you're willing to pay an agency and/or lie on a form) then that ship has sailed because you drive around and everyone can see it, and the only remedy is to make the government keep that info private. So it's unnecessary, and if you don't blur you have not transgressed legally or really ethically unless you are also specifically calling for people to find this person for nefarious or harrassment reasons.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Leperflesh, quit being pedantic. Disseminating the personal information of people you don't like, regardless of general availability, is harassment and it's lovely and it's immoral. Anyone who does it is a 100% certified fuckface. In this day and age pretty much every imaginable fact about you is accessible to someone, regardless of whether you realized you were making that information "public" or not, and Internet privacy is a serious concern. There's a huge difference between driving behind someone in traffic and taking a picture of their car to show to people who hate them.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
In other news, every Yes on 6 jackass I've talked to complains about the extra $50 it's gonna take to fill their tank each year. Then they complain about the bullet train.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Glass of Milk posted:

In other news, every Yes on 6 jackass I've talked to complains about the extra $50 it's gonna take to fill their tank each year. Then they complain about the bullet train.

yeah its obvious the next thing on 2020 ballot is republican funded prop to defund bullet train and ~fund roadzz with it~

they are already working on that, so its gunna be on it since money can buy whatever. just a question if it'll pass and well, it's possible since the train didn't miraculously materialize in 10 years ergo its a boondoggle that must be stopped.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

What is it about that project that makes conservatives poo poo themselves in anger at the mere mention of it?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Instant Sunrise posted:

What is it about that project that makes conservatives poo poo themselves in anger at the mere mention of it?

It's a large government expense that requires a lot of eminent domain of property that runs through a very conservative and agrarian area. All for the purpose of linking a bunch of liberal urban areas together. It plays to their base incredibly well to throw a fit about it.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Also, I just paid $89,000 for this lifted crew cab F-350 that gets 9.2mpg so my tax dollars should go to building me more roads to drive on, not some candyass hippie train

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
yeah the plans are already in motion and will definitely show up 2020, since again, money can buy any signature for anything (see we had that prop for parental notification of abortions like 6 years in a row that just kept getting shot down, fundies eventually gave up tho)

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2018/09/25/high-speed-rail-2020-ballot-measure-gas-tax-repeal-supporters/

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Instant Sunrise posted:

defunding trains triggers the libs

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

quote:

The 2020 plan is the next step in their effort. It would change the state Constitution to require revenue from existing gas taxes be spent only for road and bridge work, not transit, bicycle infrastructure or planning.

The Republican Party is a death cult.

E:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Rep_Hunter/status/1052271841782505472

The Wiggly Wizard fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Nov 2, 2018

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

defunding trains triggers the libs

Ironically I think most liberals in California’s thought about the project is “huh. that’s neat.” and then go on with their lives.

It’s the conservatives who never stop being angry about trains for some reason.

Tbh though at this point I’m basically supporting the project to trigger republicans.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I'm really super disappointed in Kevin De Leon, that fucker just gave up and stopped campaigning. Still voted for him but JFC, he was not the right candidate for the job.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Could we run a "actually even more money for more trains" ballot initiative for the same election as they run the "cut money for trains" initiative, just to really shove trains down their loving throats?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I'm really super disappointed in Kevin De Leon, that fucker just gave up and stopped campaigning. Still voted for him but JFC, he was not the right candidate for the job.

:same: he came out of the primary with a ton of momentum and then did absolutely nothing with it. He was always a long shot but he torpedoed any slim chance he might have had via apathy.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Let's try to make every single proposition about trains in 2020. Where will they go? How fast will they get there? Who will fund them? All good questions, that can be answered by a very confusingly-worded series of propositions that are written with the intent to include the word "trains" as many times as possible. Proposition 17: Train-to-Train Transfers via High Speed Railway (Trains!)

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Instant Sunrise posted:

Conservatives are anti social rejects

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Let's try to make every single proposition about trains in 2020. Where will they go? How fast will they get there? Who will fund them? All good questions, that can be answered by a very confusingly-worded series of propositions that are written with the intent to include the word "trains" as many times as possible. Proposition 17: Train-to-Train Transfers via High Speed Railway (Trains!)

I will sponsor and begin signature collection on the "replace every road with a train" initiative, which will write into the California constitution that effective immediately, every road is now a right-of-way for rail, and the state shall allocate all funding necessary to tear up every inch of asphalt and replace it with gleaming, shiny rails from border to border.

I think making it an unfunded mandate makes it even more fun.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Leperflesh posted:

I will sponsor and begin signature collection on the "replace every road with a train" initiative, which will write into the California constitution that effective immediately, every road is now a right-of-way for rail, and the state shall allocate all funding necessary to tear up every inch of asphalt and replace it with gleaming, shiny rails from border to border.

Streetcars everywhere? Sign me up. Toot-toot!

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

This new proposition helps rehabilitate our underfunded public transportation AND soothes my autism!!! win-win bitch!!!

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I'm a big ol' lefty and I still think the bullet train is kinda dumb

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Leperflesh posted:

Nah you write that it'll be funded by the state seizing the means of production from the capitalist bourgeois pigs.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

As long as you make the official state board game "Ticket To Ride" you have my vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Leperflesh posted:

Ah, the SimCity 1 strategy.