Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I bought the vendor Bygones as someone here suggested and it really is a great gun. It feels snappy. Is there a better, easily obtainable pulse out there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Lol who tf still doing flashpoints

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

my man you have to get rid of all the little gold squares on the destinations screen or the ocd doesn't stop itching

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

huh posted:

I bought the vendor Bygones as someone here suggested and it really is a great gun. It feels snappy. Is there a better, easily obtainable pulse out there?

I don't think there is. Chattering Bone is also an excellent pulse but it's a raid gun so I'm not sure it falls under "easily obtainable." I also don't think it's necessarily better than Bygones, either. Bygones is just crazy good.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

1. Lmao that gamer tag, hahaha

:trumppop:

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

Harrow posted:

I don't think there is. Chattering Bone is also an excellent pulse but it's a raid gun so I'm not sure it falls under "easily obtainable." I also don't think it's necessarily better than Bygones, either. Bygones is just crazy good.

Somewhat obtainable though, as I got Chattering Bone from the free raid chest via the wishing wall. Trivial to solo but not grindable as you can only try once a week. And yes it's really good in PvP. I don't have the vendor Bygones yet (one rank short) so I can't directly compare, but it's better than the drop Bygones I have..

Also got a raid-loot sniper, a scout rifle, some armour, and weird armour mod that fills your super if you kill a taken elite (I should probably put that on some Gambit gear, come to think of it). That chest is well worth a try for some jumping and 10 minutes of shooting symbols each week, and I'm glad a friendly goon showed me it.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

kecske posted:

my man you have to get rid of all the little gold squares on the destinations screen or the ocd doesn't stop itching

Whoa hey man, don't call me out like this.

Got an exotic drop yesterday! The Huckleberry! I'm not too mad though, it's free 600 Light infusion material.

Did get the Coldheart, Merciless, and Wardcliff catalysts though, so that's pretty cool.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

IronSaber posted:

Whoa hey man, don't call me out like this.

Got an exotic drop yesterday! The Huckleberry! I'm not too mad though, it's free 600 Light infusion material.

Did get the Coldheart, Merciless, and Wardcliff catalysts though, so that's pretty cool.

three strike catalysts in one day?????????

I refuse to believe that is possible

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I still don't believe the Coldheart catalyst exists. Or Prometheus Lens.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

huh posted:

Do spider bounties and shore stuff for a good rolled Go Figure. The four shot burst is weird to get used to but it just murders everything.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

deadwing posted:

three strike catalysts in one day?????????

I refuse to believe that is possible

I got the Coldheart and Merciless on one day, a few Strikes apart.

Wardcliff was a few weeks ago though. Sorry for the confusion.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
trace rifle catalysts are lit af

use them

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Spanish Manlove posted:

Do spider bounties and shore stuff for a good rolled Go Figure. The four shot burst is weird to get used to but it just murders everything.

Bygones has no downsides
\

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I like the four shot burst now as with kill clip proc'd it'll just start melting dudes within a burst

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Spanish Manlove posted:

I like the four shot burst now as with kill clip proc'd it'll just start melting dudes within a burst

I don’t think it one bursts a guardian with kill clip...but it is very forgiving. The problem is that gun has wacky aim assist and handling.

I have a kill clip outlaw rsow and it’s good but a good bygones is way better for pvp imho. Bygones just has everything going for it.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

thx mr xurtal

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

thx mr xurtal, can i hav forsicken xotx plz

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

thank mr xurtal

(if you're taking suggestions i'd really love a skullfort next week, thx buddy)

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

thank mr xurtal

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
thank mr xurtal

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
thank mr xurtal, erotic vendor of the sixty-nine

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
drat it, I saw immunity cat once so now these things don't work on me

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Thank Mr. Xurtal

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

This game has raids?

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Thank mr xurtal
Doesn't get Riskrunner catalyst for another season again.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

rodbeard posted:

This game has aids

And being poz is hot in 2018

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

thanks mr xurtal

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Hobnob posted:

Also got a raid-loot sniper, a scout rifle, some armour, and weird armour mod that fills your super if you kill a taken elite (I should probably put that on some Gambit gear, come to think of it). That chest is well worth a try for some jumping and 10 minutes of shooting symbols each week, and I'm glad a friendly goon showed me it.

Where can I find a reliable code for that wishing wall? I tried it once but the code was a dud.

Also what's the best way to grind out catalysts like Sweet business, graviton lance, polaris lance where you need lots of mobs close together to get the kills?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Polaris is bugged atm it's 'on the radar' (along with fuckin every single other bugged item in the game)

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Thought I read in the last patch notes they fixed the polaris lance catalyst grind.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

Leviathan is a good place to grind it, just zone in alone and get to the first area and find a good spot to kill the cabal that spawn infinitely.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Listerine posted:

Where can I find a reliable code for that wishing wall? I tried it once but the code was a dud.

Also what's the best way to grind out catalysts like Sweet business, graviton lance, polaris lance where you need lots of mobs close together to get the kills?

Go inside the Leviathan raid, the hub room there will be infinite cabals spawning, that's how I leveled up the catalyst.

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Polaris is bugged atm it's 'on the radar' (along with fuckin every single other bugged item in the game)

The bug was fixed in the latest patch, it's in the patch notes.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Ah must've missed that one!

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
I joined our Goon clan, I'm lv50, about to finish the MQ and access Dreaming City. But now I'm interested in getting some exotics, since I've just been casual about finishing the game up until this point. I'm ready to get some nicer gear, and I'm a titan if that matters.
What from a difficulty standpoint - are the best exotics to start working for? Preferrably some recommendations that start with the "easier" ones to get; and without needing a fireteam, so I guess more solo content.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

The base game is free on PC for the next two weeks: https://www.pcworld.com/article/3318242/gaming/destiny-2-pc-free.html

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Astrochicken posted:

Thought I read in the last patch notes they fixed the polaris lance catalyst grind.

They fixed the 5th round not proccing

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

BlindSite posted:

They fixed the 5th round not proccing

That's right!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Dennis McClaren posted:

I joined our Goon clan, I'm lv50, about to finish the MQ and access Dreaming City. But now I'm interested in getting some exotics, since I've just been casual about finishing the game up until this point. I'm ready to get some nicer gear, and I'm a titan if that matters.
What from a difficulty standpoint - are the best exotics to start working for? Preferrably some recommendations that start with the "easier" ones to get; and without needing a fireteam, so I guess more solo content.

Ace of Spades is a fairly straightforward quest chain that ends in a cool mission that’s very soloable. You have to do some crucible but nothing too insane

Sleeper Simulant is a much longer grind but is mostly soloable. You have to do some Escalation Protocol but there’s almost constantly people grinding out the Ikelos guns so you shouldn’t have too much trouble. The worst part is the nodes, so expect to run a bazillion patrols on Mars. The gun is really really strong at least.

Also, Drang is honestly a super fun gun with a relatively easy quest