Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Johnathan is slightly horny
Joseph is very horny
Jotaro isn't really horny
Josuke is horny
Giorno is so horny
Jolyne is super horny
Johnny is depressed horny
Josuke is horny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Jonathan is the only JoJo who can say boobies without howling in laughter, but he won't say it out of honour.

Giorno stifles the laugh.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Is there anything big between Polpo's death and Soft Machine? I'm wondering how far they'll get in, I feel like they could probably finish the Soft Machine fight but not get into the torture dance until next week when they get ready for Kraftwerk.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Character intros, drinking piss, some exposition on Polpos fortune and then Narancia is taken almost as soon as they're on the boat.

It takes about two chapters from where Ep 4 left off for Soft Machine to start so yeah I assume the dance is next week and then we start Kraftwerk

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

this week will definitely just be meeting the gang and maybe getting through part of the boat fight? the dance absolutely won't be until next week, yeah.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
kind of a weird question but I was thinking about Soft Machine's user's torture: Any big cool gore scenes that might get censored in this part? All I can really think of is the hosed up poo poo with Green Day and Doppio vomiting up razor blades. I was pretty surprised that all of Polpo's death was there and not with a black mark over his exit wound or anything. Maybe the time slot changed?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

There's no way we get through Baby Face with no censorship

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

personally i'm curious if the art quality is going to stay super consistent all throughout. not that i ever gave much of a poo poo about the occasional weird frame in part 4 but so far every ep in 5 has been really tight in terms of animation. i wonder if they got a big headstart on making the show? episode 1 WAS done months ago to be shown off.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
it'll be interesting to see how this new staff handles the 39 episode crunch. you can already seem some smart corner cutting being done (there's a lot of wide shots of Giorno and Koichi standing and talking to each other with their faces barely drawn) but also some great little touches like how Black Sabbath moves and just some good shot composition in general. I genuinely think this studio just gets better at animating JoJo every time

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Idly, I just realized that Narancia is not only older than Giorno, he's older than Trish and Fugo.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
How did the Soft Machine fight even go? I don't remember much about it other than it having the ability to deflate things and it deflated an entire boat to wrap around the boat they were using or something like that, the rest of the stuff I remember is the brutal torture and subsequent dance

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

Expect My Mom posted:

kind of a weird question but I was thinking about Soft Machine's user's torture: Any big cool gore scenes that might get censored in this part? All I can really think of is the hosed up poo poo with Green Day and Doppio vomiting up razor blades. I was pretty surprised that all of Polpo's death was there and not with a black mark over his exit wound or anything. Maybe the time slot changed?

Mista gets shot like a billion times in White Album
Buccellati getting punched through the chest in Mystery of King Crimson
Buccellati's hand starts rotting through at one point also
Possibly that part where Narancia gets really old and his body parts start falling off
also in White Album, Giorno crushes his own arm to send out jets of blood
Mista turns into a blood fountain when Notorious BIG eats the Pistols
The Notorious BIG fight in general, really
Remember that time when Giorno punched through a window and then used the jagged edges to cut his own arm off?

I'm probably forgetting a few things but here's a few for starters

P.S. I'm pretty sure it's the same timeslot as it's always been

Daxing Dan fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Nov 2, 2018

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Araki realized after Part 4 that having a healing stand really lets him up the body horror. Part 8 is the only one that doesn't have some way for the heroes to heal themselves, and that's probably fine since most of the stands are much more indirect.

Night Goat
Oct 24, 2009
On the topic of gore there's also that scene (or panel) with Abbacchio and King Crimson I will never forget. drat that was brutal.

Also then the Metallica fight right after that... how they're going to properly censor that is anyone's guess!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Don't they just black over the gore for the tv release and then uncensor it for the blu-rays?

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Yeah, that and other heinous things like cigarettes.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hey they only black out cigarettes when it's a minor smoking them because it's illegal for a minor to smoke

Which means during the white album fight they'll have to black out Giorno driving the car

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Arist posted:

There's no way we get through Baby Face with no censorship

If I remember right there's no explicit imagery in that one, it's just insanely creepy.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm thinking about the chunk taken out of Giorno's throat.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Daxing Dan posted:

I almost rolled my eyes at this one cause I felt like that getting shot was a constant JoJo thing but nope Part 5 is really where that starts cause now a ton of people have a gun

I have no idea how they'll animate Part 6 with censoring, everyone and anyone is just getting hosed up, especially F.F iirc. She has Plankton Regeneration and I remember that being Arakis excuse to really mess her up

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Super Action Statue Johnny Joestar definitely isn't the best they've done, but I was fortunate to get one with only a little bit of derpface. Some are very bad.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Daxing Dan posted:

Buccellati getting punched through the chest in Mystery of King Crimson
Buccellati's hand starts rotting through at one point also
Possibly that part where Narancia gets really old and his body parts start falling off
also in White Album, Giorno crushes his own arm to send out jets of blood
Mista turns into a blood fountain when Notorious BIG eats the Pistols
The Notorious BIG fight in general, really
Remember that time when Giorno punched through a window and then used the jagged edges to cut his own arm off?

I'm probably forgetting a few things but here's a few for starters

P.S. I'm pretty sure it's the same timeslot as it's always been

Ciocoletta’s brain getting chewed on by a stag beatle

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
No ED this week, huh.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

RatHat posted:

Araki realized after Part 4 that having a healing stand really lets him up the body horror. Part 8 is the only one that doesn't have some way for the heroes to heal themselves, and that's probably fine since most of the stands are much more indirect.

I still don't get how plankton heals everyone.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Darko posted:

I still don't get how plankton heals everyone.

It's healthy.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Moody Jazz is hilariously lazy.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Aww, they ended right when Moody Blues shows up, which means I'm not sure we'll get to see Sex Pistols even next week at our current rate.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

so they drove off in Lagoon 2 after the yacht guy gave them a key labeled 1. was this addressed in the manga when the ship-in-a-ship thing was revealed? it seems like a way to hint at something being up immediately but also if 2 is wrapped around 1 then why did the key for 1 work?

it mostly just struck my curiosity, idc if it turns out to be another forgotten detail.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I honestly think it was a goof up, I noticed it too.

e: forgot the whole second boat thing. This fight made no sense to me in black and white and I think that set the tone for reading Part 5 for me

God Arakis one off character like Mario and Kraftwerks user look so stupid animated

Arist posted:

Aww, they ended right when Moody Blues shows up, which means I'm not sure we'll get to see Sex Pistols even next week at our current rate.
Mista first summons Sex Pistols when they make landfall to feed them right? Maybe we'll get there

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

it still just kind of wigs me out that the first relevant and notable lgbt character in the series is portrayed as a pedophile with no boundaries which is pretty much play by play straight from the handbook of someone who would probably want to see a queer person dead in a ditch

not to say araki is that, but it still leaves me feeling gross

There's also Pucci and Dio...who are also villains.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
By the way, I liked the way the most recent episode added some foreshadowing, like the 5 members of Diavolo's guard squad and the 7 members of the execution squad. They even showed the narcotics squad, although there appeared to be more of them than the ones appearing in Purple Haze Feedback.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
oh! was fugo or Bruno saying something about having to get another car after the last one wrecked and Mista going "That wasn't my fault!" a Rolling Stones reference or just a goofy line? I don't remember their car crashing but fugo does drive Mista to the guy's apartment

TooManyUzukis
Jun 23, 2007

Expect My Mom posted:

oh! was fugo or Bruno saying something about having to get another car after the last one wrecked and Mista going "That wasn't my fault!" a Rolling Stones reference or just a goofy line? I don't remember their car crashing but fugo does drive Mista to the guy's apartment

He lands on the car after jumping out the window.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
I never noticed it until watching this episode but Abbachio taking the piece of cake is funny unintentional fore(four?)shadowing.

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013

Expect My Mom posted:

it's gotta be a reference to mista caving in the roof of the car in sleeping slaves with rolling stones

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/romhackingnet/status/1058446784530280449

Well well well.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

TooManyUzukis posted:

He lands on the car after jumping out the window.

dudermcbrohan posted:

it's gotta be a reference to mista caving in the roof of the car in sleeping slaves with rolling stones
lol that's awesome, ty

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

The vague plot hints manga readers keep leaving in the anime thread are pretty annoying imo

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
yeah i reported it

posts like this

Toplowtech posted:

Also spoiler for the book readers: next week should be the dance.
are also bad too imo. like there's no reason for it not just be here in the manga thread.

i dont wanna be a weirdo and keep locking the thread but we can barely get six hours out from the new episode before talking about the next one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

also spoiler for the book readers: [dumb poo poo that could be posted in the actual thread for it]