Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

til ppl who don't understand stats and think 70%==100%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Typo posted:

You have no idea how many people are out there thinking any probability >50% is basically a certainty.

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Typo posted:

til goons dont know the concept of a joke

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

frankenfreak posted:

You have no idea how many people are out there thinking any probability >50% is basically a certainty.

Look numbers boy, just tell me what's going to happen on election day so I know if I need to stock up on confetti and top shelf scotch or ice cream and the kind of vodka that has a handle built into the bottle.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Azathoth posted:

Look numbers boy, just tell me what's going to happen on election day so I know if I need to stock up on confetti and top shelf scotch or ice cream and the kind of vodka that has a handle built into the bottle.

The type that is called a handle?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Menendez will not lose here but it will be closer than it has any right to be. A real primary push would have been nice.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Thoguh posted:

Look, I don't have time for your fancy schmancy words, I need to know if I'm getting apocalyptically wasted on the good stuff or not.

I'm not gonna waste Johnny Walker Blue on a 52-48 Senate and a 10 seat Dem majority in the House, that's cheap vodka from a plastic bottle territory.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Thoguh posted:

the important distinction imo is whether the built in handle is made of glass or plastic. feels like itll be a plastic vodka kind of night

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
just voted, now we w8

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Azathoth posted:

Ignore the numbers, just stock up on everything but the confetti.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Lastgirl posted:

just voted, now we w8

:d2a:

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
just checked the status of my mail in ballot and it said it was delivered.

however this is utah so

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

frankenfreak posted:

Whereas anyone who's played XCOM knows that anything <95% is an automatic for-certain failure.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Lastgirl posted:

just voted, now we w8

now obama will let you get mad

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Typo posted:

lol @ democrats

I am calling it, Menendez will lose.

We as a society already assume most of our public officials are corrupt and no one is shocked when it turns out to be true.

What is shocking is that when Obama's justice department looks at the evidence against one of his biggest allies in the senate and says "sorry Bob, even I can't protect you from all this" and slaps him with 22 charges of being a corrupt piece of poo poo (under the new corruption-friendly laws). And he wasn't acquitted or found not guilty or innocent...it was a mistrial.

The GOP will win a senate seat in New Jersey and I'll laugh for 6 years until the dems find someone worse to run against Hugin.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i thoughtit was impossible for him to get convicted since the scotus changed the law that corruption wasnt illegal

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

He didn't actually utter the words, "this is a bribe, I want you to bribe me", so under the relevant statutes, he cannot be convicted.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Azathoth posted:

He didn't actually utter the words, "this is a bribe, I want you to bribe me", so under the relevant statutes, he cannot be convicted.

this is a bribe, I want you to bribe me.

and then when you turn away from the mirror in the darkened room, the ghost of Menendez will leap out from the looking glass and leave some ghost-coins in your left hand and you'll see your soul leaving your right while the wind hisses "obey the donorssss"

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Azathoth posted:

the kind of vodka that has a handle built into the bottle.

Poser identified.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The Nastier Nate posted:

I am calling it, Menendez will lose.

We as a society already assume most of our public officials are corrupt and no one is shocked when it turns out to be true.

What is shocking is that when Obama's justice department looks at the evidence against one of his biggest allies in the senate and says "sorry Bob, even I can't protect you from all this" and slaps him with 22 charges of being a corrupt piece of poo poo (under the new corruption-friendly laws). And he wasn't acquitted or found not guilty or innocent...it was a mistrial.

The GOP will win a senate seat in New Jersey and I'll laugh for 6 years until the dems find someone worse to run against Hugin.

He's gonna win lol

Menendez, I mean. Everyone is corrupt and therefore no one is corrupt.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
menendez is basically dead had there being a hillary presidency lol

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Typo posted:

menendez is basically dead had there being a hillary presidency lol

This but also for half the incumbent senate dems.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Vox Nihili posted:

Poser identified.

Look, I'm too afraid of people to have friends or drink in public or know the chat all you kids are hip to nowadays.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Is this the thread where I ask liberal Goon hive mind to tell me which of my local candidates to pick (namely the 'unpartied' Judges and crap) to participate in the blew wave?

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
my best bet for my local poo poo was going to all their Facebook pages and seeing who they had endorsements from. or if you're lucky you can find some newspaper endorsements that will reveal their politics.

if I saw any cop union endorsements or that they were a cop that's a hard no.

union endorsements are hit or miss you'll probably need to do further research.

I saw a couple LGBT+ endorsements that's about the best I could get for an instant vote from me

vote411.org is pretty much the best starting point I know of. they might also have their candidate questionnaire responses, look for red flags

100 HOGS AGREE has issued a correction as of 02:20 on Nov 3, 2018

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/PoliticsReid/status/1058532803263062019?s=19

Remember all this poo poo before 2016 lol.

The more good sounding news I hear the more pessimistic I become

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

overlearning

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
even if the dems win they're not gonna do anything
the trick is to DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Lot of young chuds got out and voted

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Peanut President posted:

Yeah, best case scenario this is a building block for 2020, likely case this gives slim control of the House and at least stops some of the worst poo poo.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Azathoth posted:

Yeah, best case scenario this is a building block for 2020, likely case this gives slim control of the House and at least stops some of the worst poo poo.

I don't want to have to hear "Buckle up and brace for another round of RECONCILIATION! :kingsley:" in a few months

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

agree lol

stop comparing poo poo to 2014 lol you want to compare to 2016 at absolute minimum

if the operating theory is more turnout = more dem than you have to consider AZ being +5 with presidential level turnouts

Typo has issued a correction as of 05:34 on Nov 3, 2018

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Peanut President posted:

subpoena kushner

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Typo posted:

subpoena kushner

they dont have the balls

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

TraderStav posted:

Lot of young chuds got out and voted

fedoras as far as the eye can see

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Typo posted:

agree lol

stop comparing poo poo to 2014 lol you want to compare to 2016 at absolute minimum

if the operating theory is more turnout = more dem than you have to consider AZ being +5 with presidential level turnouts

yeah the article mentions its "almost at 2016 levels!!" which is, uh, not good news?

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

yeah the article mentions its "almost at 2016 levels!!" which is, uh, not good news?

I guess az has gotten bluer in the last 2 years and it might be more blue at the congressional than presidential level (because lol hillary is hated), but its solid tossup and "as is" turnout doesn't move it into blue territory

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

galenanorth posted:

I don't want to have to hear "Buckle up and brace for another round of RECONCILIATION! :kingsley:" in a few months
the trump tax bill would've been passed even if they didn't have a majority in the senate or house or w/e and manchin et al would have peeled off to push it through because the donors including the 'liberal' ones like apple overwhelmingly wanted the policy. maybe they wouldn't have gotten rid of state level deductions or whatever but it'd largely be the same

the final vote tally is all kabuki theater

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
There are no outcomes that don't involve hootin and hollerin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

frankenfreak posted:

:xcom: