Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Anyone know where I can find the original Suspiria to stream? Surprised it's not on Prime or Shudder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_tasman_series
Apr 20, 2017

air- posted:

Anyone know where I can find the original Suspiria to stream? Surprised it's not on Prime or Shudder.

It's on TubiTv for free.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Check to see if your local library grants access to hoopla (hoopla has a bunch of comics, ebooks, and movies you can check out). Suspiria is available on there.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
The full run of King of the Hill is on Hulu.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Not sure exactly how long its been there but The Raid is now on U.S. Netflix, if anyone has been living under a rock for 5 years and hasn't seen it yet.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
semi-related, they need to put Mad Dog in Tekken 7 and make his alt costume the one his character wore in The Raid 2.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Daredevil season 3 was alright, it was better than the magic ninja half of season 2 but not as good as the Punisher half of season 2. With the cancellations of Iron Fist and Luke Cage I wouldn't be surprised if they retire Daredevil and Jessica Jones after these seasons.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Barry Lyndon was put on Prime Video today. Why aren't you watching it right now?? Don't give me some crap about how you don't have the time to watch a 186 minute movie!

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Barry Lyndon was put on Prime Video today. Why aren't you watching it right now?? Don't give me some crap about how you don't have the time to watch a 186 minute movie!

It's Kubrick's best movie.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSAd3NpDi6Q

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
End of the loving World: I don't get why he ran. He wanted to turn himself in, she wanted to run. So after he knocked her out, I figure he would just put his hands up and let them arrest him.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Franchescanado posted:

True.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

I've had it on my Plex server for 3 years, never watched.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Queen Combat posted:

I've had it on my Plex server for 3 years, never watched.

It is masterful. There's an intermission halfway through so don't feel compelled to watch it in one sitting.

The book is absolutely savage.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Random trivia: Kubrick bought the same special lenses used in NASA satellites because it was the only thing at the time that could capture enough light from a candlelit-only room. I think only six of them were ever made?

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
gently caress I'm gonna watch Barry Lyndon on the weekend.

edit: wait I'm not, it's not on Prime Video >: (

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Whoa, Filmstruck shut down?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

married but discreet posted:

gently caress I'm gonna watch Barry Lyndon on the weekend.

edit: wait I'm not, it's not on Prime Video >: (

Yes it is, I promise you I passed out on the couch last night while watching it on Prime after drinking heavily. Sometime around when Barry becomes friends with the Chevalier. Which is okay because I've seen it lots of times already.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

After you watch it and enjoy a duel, watch The Duellists for an entire movie of that scene.

the_tasman_series
Apr 20, 2017

Yes it is, I promise you I passed out on the couch last night while watching it on Prime after drinking heavily. Sometime around when Barry becomes friends with the Chevalier. Which is okay because I've seen it lots of times already.

Maybe you rented it or something, but it is not on my Prime

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

the_tasman_series posted:

Maybe you rented it or something, but it is not on my Prime

If I search the prime video app on my phone for Barry Lyndon it comes up twice for some reason. One listing is to rent or buy it, the other listing is to stream or download for free with Prime.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
speaking of Barry Lyndon on Amazon, might as well re-post this

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Ugh Prime is the pits. Searching for Barry Lyndon specifically under Prime Video says "This title is not included with Prime. See results in Amazon Video., but scrolling down there it is, included in my Prime Membership.

https://www.amazon.com/Barry-Lyndon...L70_&dpSrc=srch

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Amazon is garbage.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
This happens to me all the time. I have lots of titles on my Watchlist that are "this video is currently unavailable", but poking around in other areas reveals them to be free with Prime.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Franchescanado posted:

Paths of Glory would like to have a chat with you.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Paths of Glory would like to have a chat with you.

Before I posted, I did a quick debate on whether or not I think it's better than PoG. And in a way, Paths of Glory is better, because it packs a bigger emotional wallop, but Barry Lyndon has such an epic scope. The only way Kubrick was able to make something more epic was exploring space.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Amazon is garbage.

Their exploitation film library is real good, though.

Like, Return of Superfly wasn't quite good by any stretch, but it did give me this solid list of recs:

Check out the trailer for Black Trash, it's quite a fuckin' thing

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

K. Waste posted:

Their exploitation film library is real good, though.

Like, Return of Superfly wasn't quite good by any stretch, but it did give me this solid list of recs:

Check out the trailer for Black Trash, it's quite a fuckin' thing

But a lot of their exploitation titles are edited, sometimes heavily. Which is cool if you want to avoid the darker tropes of the genre (but then why are you watching exploitation?) and bad for people that don't want to watch censored movies.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Franchescanado posted:

But a lot of their exploitation titles are edited, sometimes heavily. Which is cool if you want to avoid the darker tropes of the genre (but then why are you watching exploitation?) and bad for people that don't want to watch censored movies.

Didn't know that, that blows

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

K. Waste posted:

Didn't know that, that blows

There's no indication, either, other than context clues.

I noticed it when there was clearly supposed to be nudity, the scene abruptly cut away , and the run-time was less than 60 minutes.

They also have a ton of softcore that apparently does the same thing and edits out all nudity, which makes no sense.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
So I'm weird apparently because I found The Night Comes For Us to be cheesy and bad. And not in a "Dead Alive" entertaining kind of bad. The fight between the 3 females was pretty cool though. Now I'm nervous I won't like The Raid since I've been looking forward to that coming to streaming for a while now.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Dead Alive isn't bad, what are you talking about.

Campy doesn't mean Bad.

You're bad.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Franchescanado posted:

Dead Alive isn't bad, what are you talking about.

Campy doesn't mean Bad.

You're bad.

No, I absolutely LOVE Dead Alive. I meant as in it's cheesy and "bad" in how over the top the gore is, and the humor being really goofy. Maybe using it as an example, was a bad example.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BisterdDave posted:

So I'm weird apparently because I found The Night Comes For Us to be cheesy and bad. And not in a "Dead Alive" entertaining kind of bad. The fight between the 3 females was pretty cool though. Now I'm nervous I won't like The Raid since I've been looking forward to that coming to streaming for a while now.

I felt the same and couldn't finish it. Not my thing at all. Despite that, I liked the Raid, although Dredd is better and they are basically the same movie since The Raid stole it's script from Dredd.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

BisterdDave posted:

It's over the top, no doubt about it, so it's not going to be for everyone. The Raid is a bit more grounded, the pacing is better, and overall the action is better.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

lol that new season of House of Cards is up on Netflix what the fuuuuuuck did they do I wonder

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

disjoe posted:

lol that new season of House of Cards is up on Netflix what the fuuuuuuck did they do I wonder

Kevin Spacey's character died on the way back to his home planet.

I'm watching it right now and it is... not good.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
The last season with Kevin Spacey was terrible and they added nobody new to replace him so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Fun 70's movies now on Prime:

Logan's Run
Soylent Green
Westworld
The Man Who Would Be King
Deliverance