Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Good Citizen posted:

Playing on console is a completely different and better experience. No questions

No question. PC needs controller support because I straight up cannot play it anymore after the console version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

jokes posted:

No question. PC needs controller support because I straight up cannot play it anymore after the console version.

same, i really wish they'd stop digging their heels in about doing an update to the pc version

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Lemming posted:

Moving AND aiming your attacks with the mouse is just so goddam stupid lmao

I remember an interview the Blizzard guys gave when the PS1 version of the first game came out where they said they thought the game pad interface was way better than the mouse and keyboard. It really made me wonder why they never patched it into the PC version or included it in II and III on PC.

The funnier part was PC gamers insisting that you couldn’t do Diablo on a game pad, even after things like the X-Men Legends/Marvel Ultimate Alliance games, the Demon Stone games, Justice League Heroes, Untold Legends and countless other Diablo clones came out and worked great that way.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Man, having confirm on a different button is really loving me up. That’s my escape skill button so pickup spam is sending me all over the place

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
Hello video games forum. Diablo 3 on switch is pretty great. Also my first experience playing it with a gamepad and it's pretty great as well. :hellyeah:

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Hi. Got Diablo 3 for the Switch. I'm looking into playing a Necromancer. Is it worth making a seasonal Necromancer if I want to be mostly summoning and using skellies (and skeleton mages)?

Drashin
Feb 26, 2013

Folt The Bolt posted:

Hi. Got Diablo 3 for the Switch. I'm looking into playing a Necromancer. Is it worth making a seasonal Necromancer if I want to be mostly summoning and using skellies (and skeleton mages)?

I am also relatively new but from what I have read the Necromancer set you get for completing objectives this season is actually the best set for skeletons and skeleton mages. I think it is called the Bones of Rathma set. So yeah I think it is a good time for skelemancer builds.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Drashin posted:

I am also relatively new but from what I have read the Necromancer set you get for completing objectives this season is actually the best set for skeletons and skeleton mages. I think it is called the Bones of Rathma set. So yeah I think it is a good time for skelemancer builds.

Guess I gotta suck it up and try to get those objectives done.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Folt The Bolt posted:

Guess I gotta suck it up and try to get those objectives done.

The objectives aren't too bad! I haven't played in a while, but I remember competing everything I needed for a full set within a couple hours of hitting the level cap

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
Is anyone having any luck finding other players online with Switch? I have rolled all up and down the difficultly range and can't seem to find another player. Maybe it's because I'm playing on hardcore mode? What game modes have others had luck with?

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

PyPy posted:

Is anyone having any luck finding other players online with Switch? I have rolled all up and down the difficultly range and can't seem to find another player. Maybe it's because I'm playing on hardcore mode? What game modes have others had luck with?

hardcore mode is gonna have not very many people let alone on multiplayer that's currently gated behind nintendo online. you'll definitely have a lot more luck with softcore.

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
That's what I feared. Thanks for the input.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

The objectives aren't too bad! I haven't played in a while, but I remember competing everything I needed for a full set within a couple hours of hitting the level cap

I see. What's the best way of leveling up then?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Folt The Bolt posted:

I see. What's the best way of leveling up then?

Adventure mode

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

the optimal solo method is nonstop greater rifts in adventure mode

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Deadguy2322 posted:

The funnier part was PC gamers insisting that you couldn’t do Diablo on a game pad, even after things like the X-Men Legends/Marvel Ultimate Alliance games, the Demon Stone games, Justice League Heroes, Untold Legends and countless other Diablo clones came out and worked great that way.

I played and loved the first Diablo but it was Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance that hooked me on Diablo clones. Its sequel, Everquest: Champions of Norrath and its sequel. poo poo, I even beat Dungeons and Dragons: Heroes and I just started the Van Helsing game. D3 was the first game I bought when I got my PS4. I think it still has the most hours played of any of my PS4 games, though Horizon is right there too. Playing this type of game is just so much more fun than M/KB. The lack of precision with aimed attacks is a tiny price for a far better overall feel.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
The only build I don’t like the console control scheme for is the barbarian charge build.

But that’s fine id rather leapquake anyway

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

any targeted movement skills suck dick on a controller

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Is there a way ot display the whole tooltip for items? I can't even see the set bonuses of my items.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

E2M2 posted:

Is there a way ot display the whole tooltip for items? I can't even see the set bonuses of my items.

On PS4, select the category (head, belt, etc) then use R2/L2 to scroll the specific item window on the right.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Skeezy posted:

Adventure mode

Yeah. I just turned my difficulty into Hard and went into Adventure Mode for the first time and got to a respectable Lv. 25 and some decent equipment (Reilena's Shadowhook) before calling it a day purely by walking around places I've already been. Gonna turn it up to Expert next and see if I can do it.

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

the optimal solo method is nonstop greater rifts in adventure mode

Right, I'm gonna have to look into how to open up Greater Rifts eventually, won't I?

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

Folt The Bolt posted:

Right, I'm gonna have to look into how to open up Greater Rifts eventually, won't I?

Once you hit 70, clearing Nephalem rifts gives you Greater Rift Keystones that, when using one, open a Greater Rift.

DeepSpaceBeans
Nov 2, 2005

Let's build us a happy, little cloud that floats around the sky.

PyPy posted:

That's what I feared. Thanks for the input.

FWIW, I haven't had much difficulty finding non-HC players to play with through the quick game feature.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Folt The Bolt posted:

Yeah. I just turned my difficulty into Hard and went into Adventure Mode for the first time and got to a respectable Lv. 25 and some decent equipment (Reilena's Shadowhook) before calling it a day purely by walking around places I've already been. Gonna turn it up to Expert next and see if I can do it.

Do Bounties to get to 70. Other than giving good XP for completion, you get double stashes this season with a decent chance at some uniques to help speed things up until you hit 70. Also look at your Season's Journey to try and compete the objectives for the first 4 levels... once you do, you'll get an entire class set for free, which will probably be a big strength jump.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Fuzz posted:

Do Bounties to get to 70. Other than giving good XP for completion, you get double stashes this season with a decent chance at some uniques to help speed things up until you hit 70. Also look at your Season's Journey to try and compete the objectives for the first 4 levels... once you do, you'll get an entire class set for free, which will probably be a big strength jump.

That's what I'm currently doing (and now I'm at Lv. 50 so it definitely helped). I'm almost finished with the objectives for Act 1, but I need to find the Siege Beast or whatever it's called so I can properly see what the objectives are for Act 2 (though 2 of those were done while I was doing the Act 1 objectives).

Might probably go back and continue the story to try and find the Kanai Cube or whatever that thing's called.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
You can get the cube in adventure mode, actually I think you can only get it in adventure mode.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

E2M2 posted:

You can get the cube in adventure mode, actually I think you can only get it in adventure mode.

You can only get it in adventure mode, but iirc once you have it you can still use it in story modr

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

You can only get it in adventure mode, but iirc once you have it you can still use it in story modr

Yeah, once you have it, you have it in all modes.

Hellburger99
Jan 24, 2006

"I don't like that mooch...
or her pooch!
"

Folt The Bolt posted:

I ran a necro on PC for this season and the Rathma set you get for doing the season is awesome, and once you get a couple of class specific rings and the two piece scythe and shield set it's absolutely bonkers how powerful you become. You pretty much just sit back and watch your skeletons tear up bad guys while you eat all the corpses they make to summon skeleton mages. I can't imagine it runs any worse on Switch than it does on PC.

I also picked up the Switch version and I'm digging everything about it except for the undocked battery life being only about 1 1/2 hours. Really hope it sells like hotcakes and Blizz decided to finally add another class to the game.

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

DeepSpaceBeans posted:

FWIW, I haven't had much difficulty finding non-HC players to play with through the quick game feature.

Yeah I rolled a SC character and find quick matches easily.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Is there a good 'help I've never diablo'd before' quick guide? What's seasonal mode, which classes are good for beginners

Hellburger99
Jan 24, 2006

"I don't like that mooch...
or her pooch!
"

YggiDee posted:

Is there a good 'help I've never diablo'd before' quick guide? What's seasonal mode, which classes are good for beginners

Season is a “start from zero” thing they do every few months that lets you effectively start from scratch, do some challenges, and get a guaranteed set and some cosmetics pets or wings for your trouble. You should start in a season if you’re brand new. At the end of the season, everything you earn is transferred into a non-season account (stuff you get between seasons or what older players had before seasons started) and it’s all combined together. Extract some new legendary abilities in the season? Get some new cosmetic mods? It’ll all be combined with the non-season stuff so you don’t lose out on anything.

Good starting characters are whatever you find fun to play. Personally, I always start Diablo games as the barbarian because it straight forward and I like to yell and smash stuff. That said, the set you get for doing the season with a necro is pretty cool and does some really decent damage if you farm up some extra bits. Personally I don’t like the crusader or monk especially because I’ve never figured out how to play them well. I say go with barbarian, find the biggest weapon you can, and smash buttons and scream until you win.

Hellburger99 fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Nov 5, 2018

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I know it's kinda the point of a loot game like diablo but there's still no way to get specific stuff to drop right? Rifts still give the best chances for good stuff?

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
If it's something specific you're after, you can either use Kadala to gamble blood shards for a particular slot, or use Kanai's cube Upgrade Rare Item function to upgrade a specific type (i.e. two-handed mace can turn into The Furnace (+50% damage to elites!) or a one-handed sword to Thunderfury, for example.)

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Hellburger99 posted:

I ran a necro on PC for this season and the Rathma set you get for doing the season is awesome, and once you get a couple of class specific rings and the two piece scythe and shield set it's absolutely bonkers how powerful you become. You pretty much just sit back and watch your skeletons tear up bad guys while you eat all the corpses they make to summon skeleton mages. I can't imagine it runs any worse on Switch than it does on PC.

Nice. My favorite thing to play as in 2 was the Skelemancer so getting to play as something similiar in this version is awesome.

If I don't have a non-seasonal hero account, does my seasonal hero account become a standard account after the season ends?

Aishan posted:

If it's something specific you're after, you can either use Kadala to gamble blood shards for a particular slot, or use Kanai's cube Upgrade Rare Item function to upgrade a specific type (i.e. two-handed mace can turn into The Furnace (+50% damage to elites!) or a one-handed sword to Thunderfury, for example.)

Question about Kadala: The items she sells can be any kind as long as it conforms to the specific type you're buying from her, right? (So buying a 1H weapon from her can be anything as long as I can wield it one handed and hit things with it?)

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

Folt The Bolt posted:

If I don't have a non-seasonal hero account, does my seasonal hero account become a standard account after the season ends?

You only have one 'account' for both seasonal and non-seasonal play, but all seasonal characters convert into normal characters when the season ends.

quote:

Question about Kadala: The items she sells can be any kind as long as it conforms to the specific type you're buying from her, right? (So buying a 1H weapon from her can be anything as long as I can wield it one handed and hit things with it?)

Correct, although I will add that it's usually best to use Kadala for the cheap armour as opposed to weapons and jewellery as you'll get a lot more rolls out of your blood shards.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Anyone figure out if there is a cosmetic tab somewhere? How do I bring up pets and portrait backgrounds?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

E2M2 posted:

Anyone figure out if there is a cosmetic tab somewhere? How do I bring up pets and portrait backgrounds?

In Inventory, it's the part of the wheel that has your gems and stuff, inbetween shoes and rings. Once you're in there it's a hand-mirror icon or something. I'm describing this terribly, I'm sorry.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

E2M2 posted:

Go to the “sack” in your equip screen. Pets and portraits are there along with gems and crafting materials, and accessories for your hirelings (enchantress/scoundrel/crusader).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

conrack
Oct 4, 2006
I can't recommend barb enough as a first character for this season, the WW set owns bones and once you get the BK weapon set you can just spin around like a madman through an entire rift. I've used him to farm bloods/breaths to get a WD and Necro fully geared to run t10s also since my fiancee can't keep up with me on the barb and rages.

I thought powerleveling would be an issue on console but it's been pretty easy with the babies just porting right behind me, until they teleport right into some exploding bad guys. I churned out level 70s of every class in 2 normal rifts each so now it's just constant loot treadmill

conrack fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Nov 5, 2018