Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATLaHyBTHSE&t=212s
The bloated corpse unit banner is fantastic.

Edit: the RoR Necrofex has a 1243 damage flamethrower :stare:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Nephthys posted:

Watching some MP matches my two biggest takeaways are that Aranessa and Lokhir look a lot better than they did in the tournament. Janet on Occasion showed off that Aranessa just freaking destroys anything large if she gets the chance to attack it. She obliterated an Arch Lector with a 22% ward bonus in literally (and I mean literally) 10 seconds. I think her animation lets her hit multiple times because she chunked him for 1200 damage in a few seconds by swinging around on her spear. A bit later she wiped out a full health Warrior Priest with the same attack.

Seriously skip to 6.25 to see some crazy poo poo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATLaHyBTHSE

Lokhir is a total tank. He has fast regen and can get buffed up to 91 in both melee att + def. Turin just could not kill the guy even throwing a good chunk of his army just at him alone.

Aranessa does a literal pole dance, except because her legs are swords, she also slashes everything around her. :allears:

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Nephthys posted:

Watching some MP matches my two biggest takeaways are that Aranessa and Lokhir look a lot better than they did in the tournament. Janet on Occasion showed off that Aranessa just freaking destroys anything large if she gets the chance to attack it. She obliterated an Arch Lector with a 22% ward bonus in literally (and I mean literally) 10 seconds. I think her animation lets her hit multiple times because she chunked him for 1200 damage in a few seconds by swinging around on her spear. A bit later she wiped out a full health Warrior Priest with the same attack.

Seriously skip to 6.25 to see some crazy poo poo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATLaHyBTHSE

Lokhir is a total tank. He has fast regen and can get buffed up to 91 in both melee att + def. Turin just could not kill the guy even throwing a good chunk of his army just at him alone.

That Arch Lector looked as though he ran face first into a blender.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Is there much else in the game that has an AoE +vs. large like Aranessa’s spear thing? That seems very powerful if you can make even your sword units into viable anti-large.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Yeah holy poo poo. That Arch Lector was just *tick, tick, tick, tick, dead*

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Yeah, that's gonna be a glitch. It's launch-Hellebron levels of broken.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Mordja posted:

It's not quite that bad, Hellebron could wipe entire 120 strength units out in that amount of time

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

From the bits and pieces I've seen, Vsea look like a formidable campaign faction. And bloated corpses are super cheap, and as expected very effective against the AI.

Also I love how you can raise dead at sea.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

noctilus was imbued with a cool accent by the maelstrom

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry
Luthor Harkon, the pirate so badass he is mentioned in the Old Ones Great Plan.
By name...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc1nIWPHeF0
Turin
LUTHOR THE MAD! Total War: Warhammer 2 - Vampire Coast Campaign - Luthor Harkon #1
2 hours 18 minutes.

Has anyone found a Lokhir Fellheart Let's play?

RBA-Wintrow fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Nov 2, 2018

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Mordja posted:

yeah the spin has to be counting as 4 hits that all hit, thats a ridiculous amount of damage

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

ThingOne posted:

Edit: the RoR Necrofex has a 1243 damage flamethrower :stare:.

It also looks completely useless since it has poo poo range and it can be staggered like a giant, which interrupts its firing animation and prevents it from doing any ranged damage at all if it's being attacked by, say, a single unit of crossbowmen.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Quick question: ME Norsca, if you join Archie you get thrown into war with everyone. What happens if you punch him in the dick instead? I'd rather keep my alliance with elfvader than watch him fizzle out somewhere in Kislev and then hellwar everyone.

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry
You get to kill him and get a bunch of bonuses as the new Everchosen.

Spoilers here:
https://totalwarwarhammer.gamepedia.com/The_Everchosen%27s_Summons

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
OTOH you also get bonuses for joining him and can end an ME campaign inside of a year while not being a geek edgelord who has to show it to the fake gw man

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

anyone know what units they might add to lizardmen in the upcoming dlc? i have no familiarity with lizardmens unit roster (or really anyones unit roster) so idk what they're missing.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

juggalo baby coffin posted:

anyone know what units they might add to lizardmen in the upcoming dlc? i have no familiarity with lizardmens unit roster (or really anyones unit roster) so idk what they're missing.

Most of the lizard roster is already in the game. I'm not too familiar with the tabletop, but I think everything they have left on their roster are variants of units we already have in the game, like "this is a ranged variant of a normally melee unit."

CA already made up some units from whole cloth for the lizards in this game, IIRC the feral dinos are an invention of this game.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Probably the main missing dinos are Salamanders, Razordons, whatever those mad flying dinos that hate frogs are called, and that big blind cave tyrannosaurus whose name I'm blanking on. Also you've got a bunch of buff Skinks.

You've also got the "Thunder Lizard" which appeared in a few lore snippets/White Dwarf lore blurbs. Basically the biggest dino.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Ahhh the wildly divisive "Stankodon"

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

while not being a geek edgelord who has to show it to the fake gw man

someone please translate this

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

maybe they'll give us some giant snakes if it does end up being sotek themed

i gotta say i love the look of the vampirates so far. im really poo poo at the game and what I love to do is just get a shitload of ranged units in my armies because i think its cool. but it looks like vampirates are actually viable doing that? awesome

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

Senor Dog posted:

someone please translate this

Archeon is the Everchosen of the Chaos gods. Don't fight it. Accept it. Love it. Join him in burning the world.
Opposing him gives you some nice buffs, sure. But then you have to go get your victory conditions by yourself while the whole world declares war on you. And thats a real slog.
Better to let the pet of the Chaos gods do the boring work of burning every little town. You get to pick the best fights for yourself and grab the victory conditions while the entire world is distracted killing Archeon and/or being killed by him.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I actually did end up siding with Archie just because I'd fought him so many times before.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
If you go against him you have a few chaos fights to win and then you're just autoresolving to a painted map. The game is still fun if you let him do his thing.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I fought Archaeon and his stack in particular ended up being the hardest fight in the game for me but Everchosen Trogg is funny. It's too bad there aren't any ending cinematics for Norsca or the other old world factions

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

Flavahbeast posted:

I fought Archaeon and his stack in particular ended up being the hardest fight in the game for me but Everchosen Trogg is funny. It's too bad there aren't any ending cinematics for Norsca or the other old world factions

I too am nostalgic for the days when slogging through a fifty-hour campaign was rewarded by a twelve second choppy video file of a fluttering flag or something.

I am not joking I really want that video. You Win! Click here for score is such an anticlimax.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

RBA-Wintrow posted:

Archeon is the Everchosen of the Chaos gods. Don't fight it. Accept it. Love it. Join him in burning the world.
Opposing him gives you some nice buffs, sure. But then you have to go get your victory conditions by yourself while the whole world declares war on you. And thats a real slog.
Better to let the pet of the Chaos gods do the boring work of burning every little town. You get to pick the best fights for yourself and grab the victory conditions while the entire world is distracted killing Archeon and/or being killed by him.

basically this.

with an added helping of "who gives a poo poo if archaon is the dumb mary sue foreverchosen of the bad awful games workshop writers?" when you choose to side against him, or wax poetic about how chaos is dumb, no one gets owned but yourself and your extra 200 turns of nothing.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

maybe they'll give us some giant snakes if it does end up being sotek themed

i gotta say i love the look of the vampirates so far. im really poo poo at the game and what I love to do is just get a shitload of ranged units in my armies because i think its cool. but it looks like vampirates are actually viable doing that? awesome

if you didn't watch that LP that was posted earlier on this page, check it out. he just loads his army up with gun wielding zombies. in the last fight he slaughters an army full of saurus with them.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

uber_stoat posted:

if you didn't watch that LP that was posted earlier on this page, check it out. he just loads his army up with gun wielding zombies. in the last fight he slaughters an army full of saurus with them.

yessssss

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

We are missing:

Salamanders, which are flame cannons, but as dinos
Razordons, which are spike organ guns, but as dinos
Altar of Sotek, which is an altar that shoots a stream of snakes at enemies(mounted on a dino)
Ripperdactyls, which are flying melee dinos
Troglodons, which are big blind dinos
Dread Sauruses, which are bigger, armored dinos
and Thunder Lizards, which are the biggest dinos.
Also Coatl a flying snake dino, which could be someones mount.

Salamanders and Razordons are most likely and most important additions, because they should give Lizardmen some much needed ranged firepower.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
There's also the Engine of the Gods, which is kind of a support unit from what I can tell. Thunder Lizards never got a model, and Great Saurians were Forge World only, though they look very cute in this art.

Who's a good boy? :3:

Mordja fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Nov 3, 2018

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

man tretch craventail really whips rear end in a fight, despite his cowardly name

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

man tretch craventail really whips rear end in a fight, despite his cowardly name

Perhaps

JUST PERHAPS

That is why he is a legendary lord while fifteen million other rats are dead-gone

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Mordja posted:

There's also the Engine of the Gods, which is kind of a support unit from what I can tell. Thunder Lizards never got a model, and Great Saurians were Forge World only, though they look very cute in this art.

IIRC Hierotitans also never got a model but they were still in the game before CA gave the TK bone giants. I could see them adding in Thunder Lizards.

Really I just want more dinosaurs. Lizardmen battles are at their best when they're a cross between pop-culture Mesoamericans and Jurassic Park-but-with-lasers.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

basically this.

with an added helping of "who gives a poo poo if archaon is the dumb mary sue foreverchosen of the bad awful games workshop writers?" when you choose to side against him, or wax poetic about how chaos is dumb, no one gets owned but yourself and your extra 200 turns of nothing.

If I am going to conquer the world I want to do it so that I am the one who rules over everything and fighting his various stacks makes a great way to cap off the campaign.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

Lt. Lizard posted:

Altar of Sotek, which is an altar that shoots a stream of snakes at enemies(mounted on a dino)

I demand a snake gun CA!

I won't even require it to mounted on a dinosaur, though that would be appreciated.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Ammanas posted:

yeah the spin has to be counting as 4 hits that all hit, thats a ridiculous amount of damage

The thing is that without that she'll probably be a pretty limp-wristed Lord. For some reason no-one has brought her on her crab yet so she might be decent at dueling on that, but shes so squishy on foot. I can't see a reason to take her if she can't dumpster characters, its her only role and she dies so easily.

Anyway, Italian Spartacus released a video exploring the new Bloodlines for the Counts and they all seem pretty strong and cool. The Blood Dragon lord is apparently strong enough to solo Kholek which is neat.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Nov 3, 2018

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxhoSEZfuQw&t=1s
MrSmartDonkeyLP
THE KRAKENLORD - Dark Elves: Lokhir Fellheart (Legendary) - Total War: WARHAMMER II - Ep.01!
40 mins.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
There's probably a middle ground between "Aranessa touched my lord in melee combat and completely executed them in two attack animations from full hp" and "Aranessa is completely and totally useless".

There is absolutely no way that she should be able to Fist of the North Star a character like that. Beat their rear end down, sure; she should be a really rough matchup for any mounted lord to consider, especially since she has a net. But she shouldn't be able to instakill them in 7 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

basically this.

Did you actually try it? I guess it depends how far advanced your burnig down the world plan is, but I honestly expected he'd fizzle out not too far south of Kislev leaving me in a hellwar with both the Greenskins and Naggarond who I thought I could just ignore until they love me for burning down the other elfs.