Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Spacedad posted:

So uh, yeah...basically do the old school RPG style of 'roll a beefy warrior for your first character to learn the mechanics in the simplest way possible' (focusing on strength and a little on endurance) and you'll probably have a better time for your first run. Until you learn the mechanics of how you compact your storage for other future characters. (Or also - until bethesda relents and gives players more personal storage space.)

I rolled full on int and I jump in a power armor frame when I get overweight. It seems you need to use int cards if you want to craft weapons but if top weapons drop like hunting rifles do off super mutants then it might be pretty pointless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Since you're going to get so many special points over the course of the game you don't need to immediately specialize towards your long term build. In 76 you have to level your attributes one by one, it makes sense to start with pumping strength. Everybody needs more carry capacity, and melee helps with early ammo issues. it's not like long range characters in FO4 completely skimped on strength.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

The worst part of all these youtube videos like Gopher's is all the loving hand-wringing and prevarication before getting to their point.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Tei posted:

Is one of these things you can attribute to malice or incompetence, we don't really know what one.

The rule with capitalism is never ascribe to incompetence what you can ascribe to malice

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Get on discord and play with goons. Do it.

Moose-Alini fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Nov 3, 2018

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

corn in the bible posted:

The rule with capitalism is never ascribe to incompetence what you can ascribe to malice

Incompetently malicious.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
1 Ps4 code to give out.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

IDK how much work goes into these, but they always seemed a complete waste of resources.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Rinkles posted:

IDK how much work goes into these, but they always seemed a complete waste of resources.

I'd play a pure-text Fallout RPG like Sorcery or A Dark Room. This one, at least, has neat pixel art, I suppose.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

is there some kind settings guide for things that cause problems for a lot of PCs? don't want to waste a lot of time fiddling with the options.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Rinkles posted:

Since you're going to get so many special points over the course of the game you don't need to immediately specialize towards your long term build. In 76 you have to level your attributes one by one, it makes sense to start with pumping strength. Everybody needs more carry capacity, and melee helps with early ammo issues. it's not like long range characters in FO4 completely skimped on strength.

By level 6 I had 300+ of every bullet except for .44. The only ammo issues I noticed were like, the first level and then how much of my inventory weight is ammo I'm not using.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Rinkles posted:

I would guess they're done by devs who aren't assigned to real work at the moment, but I don't really know

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

you can get duplicate perk cards

https://twitter.com/ManyATrueNerd/status/1058729276189667328

NeurosisHead posted:

By level 6 I had 300+ of every bullet except for .44. The only ammo issues I noticed were like, the first level and then how much of my inventory weight is ammo I'm not using.

yeah the opinions on ammo scarcity are split. probably comes down to playstyle/aim

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Rinkles posted:

you can get duplicate perk cards

https://twitter.com/ManyATrueNerd/status/1058729276189667328

yeah the opinions on ammo scarcity are split. probably comes down to playstyle/aim

I believe the idea behind duplicates was being able to trade them to other players sort of like you do in CCGs.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

SwitchbladeKult posted:

I believe the idea behind duplicates was being able to trade them to other players sort of like you do in CCGs.

Yeah, but if you didn't get useless duplicate draws there wouldn't be much need to trade in the first place

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

Yeah, but if you didn't get useless duplicate draws there wouldn't be much need to trade in the first place

Exactly...? :shrug:

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
There's also the fact that upgraded cards have an increased cost. You might have a rank 3 card, but maybe at some point you want to equip the rank 1 version so you can run some other rank 2 card along with it.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

GI_Clutch posted:

There's also the fact that upgraded cards have an increased cost. You might have a rank 3 card, but maybe at some point you want to equip the rank 1 version so you can run some other rank 2 card along with it.

Yeah getting duplicates is overall a good thing. I'm positive that if you couldn't get duplicates people would start complaining way louder about the game leaving the options that having duplicates provides you. Duplicates are far from useless.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

i thought you could downgrade upgraded cards at any time?

e:apparently not, bleh

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Nov 3, 2018

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Lol not even rick and morty can save this poo poo game.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Viva Miriya posted:

Lol not even rick and morty can save this poo poo game.

I don't know. The game is pretty fun. Have you grabbed a beta code? If not grab one from a goon and try it out

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Yeah, game has issues, but with goons it’s been really fun. I feel like there might be some mid to late game problems, but we don’t really know what the end game is like.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

GI_Clutch posted:

This. He's missing a point that you need to have every rank of every card to maximize flexibility in the long run, and locking out cards once you max one of them blocks that.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The only problems with the game are technical issues and the PVP. Fix these and the game is fairly fun and good.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Mr Hootington posted:

The only problems with the game are technical issues and the PVP. Fix these and the game is fairly fun and good.

So 3/4 of the structure of the game, then?

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fuzzykins posted:

Carrying it and bringing it along is one thing, not being able to keep it when you do because you don't have space for it at all is another imo.

No. Hoarding should be punished.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Cyberpunkey Monkey posted:

No. Hoarding should be punished.

Not My Fallout

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Moose-Alini posted:

Yeah, game has issues, but with goons it’s been really fun. I feel like there might be some mid to late game problems, but we don’t really know what the end game is like.

Throwing dog poop at each other is fun with friends.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Well then go play one of the multiple single player games of the franchise in your own little hoarding hellworld where you won't bother anybody.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

So when's the next BETA period?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I'll make my own hoarding hellworld! With blackjack! And hookers!

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Liquid Communism posted:

The more I play the more I realize PVP is a minor part of the experience (like most other online RPGs). As for technical issues, so far they are minor and very Bethesda in style. We all knew what we signed up for.

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Do when's the next BETA period?

Today at 5 pm est!

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

The slab awaits your patronage.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Agent355 posted:

Throwing dog poop at each other is fun with friends.

You have a weird life.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

It was the mid 90s and we were broke.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Apparently my Bethesda.net account name is a ... number? I don't remember creating this. It's not even a clever number like 24601, or has significance in marijuana culture.

Fuzzykins
Nov 24, 2013

Escape Goat posted:

Apparently my Bethesda.net account name is a ... number? I don't remember creating this. It's not even a clever number like 24601, or has significance in marijuana culture.

Welp, nice meeting you Vault Dweller 364whatever.

I'd probably create a new Bethesda account to change my name if it was like that xD

Fuzzykins fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Nov 3, 2018

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Liquid Communism posted:

PVP isnt a huge part, but is implemented wrong. It has to be removed, made permanently turned on, or separate servers.

The rest of the gameplay is fine if you like modern Fallouts or building games like 7d2d, conan, or rust.

The biggest tech issues are crashes like getting into power armor which is inexcusable and fps drops which seem to be getting fixed gradually.

The rest of the typical Bethesda jank, while bad and should have been fixed ages ago, is a "you knew what you were getting into" area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

This is my cheese wheel room. It is where I put all the cheese wheels I found in cyradyl. They are all mine.