Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Should have been "Take IT 2 the Limit"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Stop It.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Is my suggestion for the title.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
2 LegIT 2 Quit

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
It Follows

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
πt

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
It tu, Brute?

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs
Someone already did the classic sequel title, "Its", but forgot to follow up with the prequel:
"Its: Beginning"
And the sequel-prequel crossover where the Pennywises fight whatever the bad thing in "Don't Look" is:
"Its: Beginning 2: Look"
And of course the public service bonus feature on the Blu Ray where the monsters learn that most people actually enjoy the holidays.
"Its Beginning 2: Look - A Lot Like Christmas"

Riddler voice: My post was bad - this was worse.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
poo poo

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The MSJ posted:

It's back!

I am of course referring to this show, now set in 1930s LA.

The main selling point of the show was Eva Green going completely batshit, what is even the point of having a Penny Dreadful show without that

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It Happens

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Alhazred posted:

The main selling point of the show was Eva Green going completely batshit, what is even the point of having a Penny Dreadful show without that

hard to tell from the makeup but that might still be eva green

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It Follows

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Oh man, how embarrassing. Everyone look at this guy.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

It²: Losers United

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Megillah Gorilla posted:

IT 2: No, we're still not doing the kiddie gang bang scene. Stop asking.

What uh...what is this?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

kiimo posted:

What uh...what is this?

spoilers: the book has a gang bang between all the kids for some reason

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Cocaine: hell of a drug

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

kiimo posted:

Cocaine: hell of a drug

It's the worst but not the weirdest part of the original ending

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I don't even remember that part. Frankly there's a lot of that book I've forgotten since I read it in high school.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

The ending of the first movie was basically just hitting the interdimensional boogeyman with a baseball bat a lot so I'm not too optimistic about their version of the big finale

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

morestuff posted:

The ending of the first movie was basically just hitting the interdimensional boogeyman with a baseball bat a lot so I'm not too optimistic about their version of the big finale

There was an AV Club interview with the writer and director that stated they're trying as hard as they can to bring the Ritual of CHUD to the screen, complete with the turtle and the tongue-biting and the riddles and what the gently caress ever.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

morestuff posted:

this scene was better and more of a crowd pleaser moment, which is why I love It so much. Like Halloween, it's a fun rear end horror movie, which you don't get too much these days.

Make people cheer, and clap and scream during these goddang movies. Make me feel good about spending money to watch a movie with a bunch of randos.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

There was an AV Club interview with the writer and director that stated they're trying as hard as they can to bring the Ritual of CHUD to the screen, complete with the turtle and the tongue-biting and the riddles and what the gently caress ever.

then they hosed up because they cut the scene from the childhood segments where they put themselves in a smoke coma and have a vision of pennywise arriving on earth millions of years ago via meteor

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

then they hosed up because they cut the scene from the childhood segments where they put themselves in a smoke coma and have a vision of pennywise arriving on earth millions of years ago via meteor

There's going to be new childhood scenes in the second part.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

scary ghost dog posted:

they're doing this scene iirc.

All the kid actors are coming back btw.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

morestuff posted:

It's fine. They're a bunch of kids, and all the mystical mumbo-jumbo about big-rear end inter-dimensional turtles and poo poo was gone, so of course they'd think "the best way to vanquish a thing that feeds on our fear and is hurt by our imagination is to believe this bat can cave that loving clown's head in and go to town on that sumbitch.".

kiimo posted:

What uh...what is this?

http://www.vulture.com/2017/09/stephen-king-statement-on-child-sex-in-novel-it.html

Stephen King posted:

I wasn’t really thinking of the sexual aspect of it. The book dealt with childhood and adulthood –1958 and Grown Ups. The grown ups don’t remember their childhood. None of us remember what we did as children–we think we do, but we don’t remember it as it really happened. Intuitively, the Losers knew they had to be together again. The sexual act connected childhood and adulthood. It’s another version of the glass tunnel that connects the children’s library and the adult library. Times have changed since I wrote that scene and there is now more sensitivity to those issues.

and

Stephen King posted:

To it I’d just add that it’s fascinating to me that there has been so much comment about that single sex scene and so little about the multiple child murders. That must mean something, but I’m not sure what.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Vince MechMahon posted:

There's going to be new childhood scenes in the second part.

CelticPredator posted:

they're doing this scene iirc.

All the kid actors are coming back btw.

ah........cool.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Megillah Gorilla posted:

IT 2: No, we're still not doing the kiddie gang bang scene. Stop asking.

But we'll replace it with a creepy panning shot of a 15 year old girl in her underwear!

westborn
Feb 25, 2010

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I like it.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

what is it

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Calling that passage in It "a gang bang featuring children" is pretty misleading, I think. It's a very detached and unerotic scene that serves a purpose in highlighting how the kids' understanding of maturity and adulthood have been warped by their encounters with death and murder.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

hexwren posted:

what is it

It's IT

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
2 want it all but you can't have IT

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I deserved that

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

:v:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
No, that’s the baby’s nickname, What

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Calling that passage in It "a gang bang featuring children" is pretty misleading, I think. It's a very detached and unerotic scene that serves a purpose in highlighting how the kids' understanding of maturity and adulthood have been warped by their encounters with death and murder.

It’s really hard to get through. It’s endless words about child genitalia and how they use it, how big it is..it’s pretty gross. Like fine I get it but yeesh.