Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Cage posted:

*post the most dangerous pics you got*

Dont know how fast this was probably 60-65. :madmax:
Found an old snapchat that fits the bill.

Fifty Three fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Nov 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
e:nm

Fifty Three posted:

Weird, Imgur broke that one while resizing but it looked fine to me. Fixed...?
yus

Cage fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Nov 2, 2018

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

track day bro! posted:

Do they have gauges for how likely the things gonna spin into oncoming traffic when leaving a car meet?

I mean I could write 100 on the dash and tape a needle to it and it would be pretty accurate :v:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Cage posted:

what is this, a picture for fairyflies?

Weird, Imgur broke that one while resizing but it looked fine to me. Fixed...?

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

fridge corn posted:

Bought a new car and parked the old one in a bush

Back in a Mazda state of mind, old friend?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Back in a Mazda state of mind, old friend?

Feels like I'm back where I belong lol :)

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Post pictures while driving? Does it count if the car is driving for you? :v:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

ratbert90 posted:

Post pictures while driving? Does it count if the car is driving for you? :v:

Depends on if there's a fire truck around.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

ratbert90 posted:

Post pictures while driving?

Probably one of my better shots driving through the avenue of the giants in California

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

god drat I need to fix my mr2

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
:siren: AI Secret Santa is up! :siren:

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

Bajaha posted:

Probably one of my better shots driving through the avenue of the giants in California

Driving the avenue of the giants last summer absofuckinglutely blew my midwestern mind.

And of course, the pictures never do it justice.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Muerte posted:

I'm sure you will be pleased to know I'm attempting it again this coming March.

well?? lol

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Jimny Crazy~

And I finally scored a clean unmolested JA11C Jimny. The 'C' stands for 'convertible'

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
JIMNY KING

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

JIMNY Cricket! They all look minty fresh

Echotic
Oct 20, 2013
Last month, my wife and I sold both our cars. We bought an 09 Mazda Atenza/6 Wagon for her to use with the kids. Mean while I've had a couple of grand burning a hole in my pocket to get something cheap and cheap to run for my 50km/week commute.
Yesterday I came home with this:

1993 Toyota Levin GT Apex. Manual with a Silvertop 4AGE. Absolute hoot to drive. Paints hosed a la 90s toyota but body is straight. Now to look into trying some motorkhana.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Never seen one of those! 20v? Stick? Rwd?

Any interior pic?

dema
Aug 13, 2006

This is my favorite driving photo:

Coming down on 108.

Cars are boring though:

Echotic
Oct 20, 2013

Voltage posted:

Never seen one of those! 20v? Stick? Rwd?

Any interior pic?

These are a coupe based on the AE101 Corolla chassis, so FWD. This is the second top spec, comes with a silver top 20v 4age as oposed to the GT Z which has a supercharged 16v. Hood is from the GT Z, thus the scoop. May try to duct air down towards the filter.

Interior is pretty basic, PO went a bit nuts painting bits silver. The seat cloth pattern is opposite in each side which is a nice touch though. I need to get a new wheel and hit the wrecker for interior bits. Looking forward to having something to tinker with.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Echotic posted:

These are a coupe based on the AE101 Corolla chassis, so FWD. This is the second top spec, comes with a silver top 20v 4age as oposed to the GT Z which has a supercharged 16v. Hood is from the GT Z, thus the scoop. May try to duct air down towards the filter.

Interior is pretty basic, PO went a bit nuts painting bits silver. The seat cloth pattern is opposite in each side which is a nice touch though. I need to get a new wheel and hit the wrecker for interior bits. Looking forward to having something to tinker with.

That's a short shifter.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Charles posted:

That's a short shifter.

It was cold.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

I laughed. Out loud. In the shitter, drat you.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
:golfclap:

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

Too late for nice autumn colors here but at least we got the Volvo 480! ('88)

It's not a turbo but I wouldn't trade those black bumpers with stripes for anything (turbo had them matched to the body paint). So far 3 non-car people have said it looks like a Delorean while another thought the interior looked like a NES accessory welp

My favorite feature is the "info center", a third kinda gauge which gives you instantaneous fuel consumption, various temperatures etc etc, which you move between by twiddling a knob near the temperature controls, illuminating the corresponding sector of the gauge wheel. It actually works!

Couple more images:
https://imgur.com/a/8jteBSV

Electrophotonic fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Nov 14, 2018

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Electrophotonic posted:

My favorite feature is the "info center", a third kinda gauge which gives you instantaneous fuel consumption, various temperatures etc etc, which you move between by twiddling a knob near the temperature controls, illuminating the corresponding sector of the gauge wheel. It actually works!

This is fantastic. :allears:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Electrophotonic posted:

Too late for nice autumn colors here but at least we got the Volvo 480! ('88)

I've had a huge boner for the 480 ever since I found out about them, and constantly bemoan Volvo's decision to not bring them to the US.

Nice ride.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

I've never heard of that car before but it is surely ultra cool.

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
I PREDICT

Thank you, I love my weird little Dutch car :3:

Bonus image, the secret Volvo grille

Edit: They should be old enough for importing now right? The earliest years were kindof cursed with a lot of electrical problems though, so you probably want to check em out in person first. They put a lot of strange gizmos in these, such as courtesy lights absolutely everywhere (including inside keyholes and belt buckles) and front windscreen wipers that vary with car speed and a rear one that activates when putting in reverse (but only if you had the front ones running, usually!).

Electrophotonic fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Nov 15, 2018

Echotic
Oct 20, 2013

Charles posted:

That's a short shifter.

Unfortunately one of the POs chopped the stick in half. Got a whole new assembly with cables and the bushings are shot as well.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Terrible Robot posted:

I've had a huge boner for the 480 ever since I found out about them, and constantly bemoan Volvo's decision to not bring them to the US.

Nice ride.

I saw two in the Netherlands during my last trip and fell even further in love with them.

SlimManFat
Nov 12, 2010

RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST
:krad: I love it

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
Volvo 480's are pretty cool. All of them at the Swedish Craigslist equivalent are sub $3500. A nice looking turbo at the local ratty classic car dealer. Kinda cool, but I agree that the black bumpers are cooler (swap!).

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I'm wondering why all the effort to hide the plate?

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

track day bro! posted:

I'm wondering why all the effort to hide the plate?

Oh I just saw the presumably Swedish plates in the background. You can easily take the plate and type it into our DMV equivalent and get their full name and address emailed to you. Super easy DOXX. So that's probably why.

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
I PREDICT

Yeah MrOnBicycle is on point. Couldn't care less about it on these dead forums but thought I might as well spend all of 5 minutes doing it since I'll be posting these elsewhere as well.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Electrophotonic posted:

Yeah MrOnBicycle is on point. Couldn't care less about it on these dead forums but thought I might as well spend all of 5 minutes doing it since I'll be posting these elsewhere as well.

Wow didn't realise you could get name and address! Here in the UK you can just get tax and MOT details, fair enough.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Just snagged some 17" snow tires and rims for my '18 Civic Si on tire rack for about $200 less than just tires for the stock rims!
Yeah they are just uniroyal tigerpaw ice and snow 3's, but its a brand new tire design and they should be miles better than the goodyear all seasons, which were completely useless in this storm we just had.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
I'm usually not a fan of broad spoke design, but that's a pretty drat cool look. Fits the smaller rim size.