Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

infernal machines posted:

Unfortunately, there isn't a FOI contact for that office

https://www.ontario.ca/page/directory-institutions

Cabinet Office would be where I would start

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

flakeloaf posted:

I asked Economic Development and Growth if it was them, because why not.

He's there on an economic development junket for the region, so I guess that makes sense.

They're bringing horse racing back to Sarnia-Lambton!

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Wasn't Harper all about putting dumb signs everywhere too? "Canada's Action Plan" or something?

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

It was likely procured from Provincial Sign Shop

https://www.toronto.com/news-story/8574413-provincial-sign-shop-in-etobicoke-is-where-ontario-road-signs-are-made/

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Normy posted:

Wasn't Harper all about putting dumb signs everywhere too? "Canada's Action Plan" or something?

That just happened to be in CPC Blue and nothing ever came of it.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

there's still a sign hailing Canada's Economic Action Plan at Commercial-Broadway skytrain station which has been undergoing upgrades for loving ages lol

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

THC posted:

there's still a sign hailing Canada's Economic Action Plan at Commercial-Broadway skytrain station which has been undergoing upgrades for loving ages lol

That's because taking down the signs is the responsibility of the vendor not the government :smith:

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Postess with the Mostest posted:

There's a township down by kingston that has all their street signs and everything in comic sans

Are you kidding me? I grew up in Kingston. Where is this place? I want to visit it.

THC posted:

take it down yourself, you paid for it

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Mameluke posted:

Are you kidding me? I grew up in Kingston. Where is this place? I want to visit it.

Up around Harrowsmith. I don't think it's exactly comic sans but may as well be

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
*Sell 15bn of LAVs to a country committing genocide*

*1 picture of a starving child gets released*

https://twitter.com/cafreeland/status/1058040467680620545

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

we still gonna sell em the lavs tho

Chicken
Apr 23, 2014

You see, in these times the economy must work hand in hand with global diplomacy. How can we prevent a humanitarian disaster without the strong economy that selling weapons brings? In fact, we should start selling weapons to North Korea, Brazil, the Phillipines, and Afghanistan so that we can more effectively bring about peace in those countries.

-Justin Trudeau, probably

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

they dissolved khashoggi in acid after dissecting him alive lol

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Saudi Arabia has also crucified a bunch of people recently

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
well, the good news is he was probably dead by that point

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Slotducks posted:

https://twitter.com/Mikeggibbs/status/1058369442382397440

I just don't understand how that got through the spitballing stage.

Didn't Doug Ford run an actual sign business with his brother before he started his march to the PM office? Yeesh!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

ocrumsprug posted:

Didn't Doug Ford run an actual sign business with his brother before he started his march to the PM office? Yeesh!

even better than that, he ran it into the ground

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

infernal machines posted:

He's there on an economic development junket for the region, so I guess that makes sense.

They're bringing horse racing back to Sarnia-Lambton!

Doesn't make enough sense. It's MTO's responsibility, so they passed my question on to them.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Bob NewSCART posted:

Saudi Arabia has also crucified a bunch of people recently

well at least it gets you out in the open air

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Bob NewSCART posted:

they dissolved khashoggi in acid after dissecting him alive lol

Belgium did the same thing to Lumumba.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Slotducks posted:

doug ford just has no fuckin idea about anything

and it's not even like trump where if you smooth out your brain and squint really hard you can kind of see how he gets the ideas he does, doug just has no fuckin clue whatsoever

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
the doug that caught the car

EvidenceBasedQuack
Aug 15, 2015

A rock has no detectable opinion about gravity
Just you wait until the Doug makes all non-car modes of transportation illegal in Toronto

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
just you wait until doug dissolves his first journalist

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Doug's put up a sign, he's sold weed poorly. Those are his two ideas and he's used em both in like his first three months

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

he's also going balls to the wall on gently caress the poor, although i guess his minister of poverty is handling that

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
you're forgetting buck a beer

which completely tanked

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

buck-a-beer worked great to help him get elected, I suspect, so mission accomplished

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

oh, also he wanted to privatize weed sales and he's hosed that up too

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Slotducks posted:

https://twitter.com/Mikeggibbs/status/1058369442382397440

Would it shock you to learn that Doug Ford is just imitating conservative governors.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Subjunctive posted:

buck-a-beer worked great to help him get elected, I suspect, so mission accomplished

Did this actually do anything?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

how would we ever know?

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Subjunctive posted:

how would we ever know?

I dunno but I guess it's good to not just assume that every dumb thought that floats outta Ford's mouth is world-changing.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Hand Knit posted:

Did this actually do anything?

kory teneycke has said it was an effective policy at mobilising 18-45 males, and it was a policy they used to reach them in weird places

like on the xbox home screen

he of course has an incentive to overplay his own tactical brilliance, but the PCs certainly acted like they thought it mattered, both in advertising the promise and in really making sure they delivered on it

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Hand Knit posted:

I dunno but I guess it's good to not just assume that every dumb thought that floats outta Ford's mouth is world-changing.

I happen to know a couple of suburbanites with a kid that's just old enough to vote so for his first election they told him "research the candidates, find a policy you like and vote for that".

Guess what specific policy earned his vote?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Pinterest Mom posted:

Would it shock you to learn that Doug Ford is just imitating conservative governors.

Lmao every one of these signs is nicer than ours.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Reminder that 42% of Ontarians did not bother to vote. 42% of people looked at Doug Ford and said, meh I could take him or leave him whatever

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

kory teneycke has said it was an effective policy at mobilising 18-45 males, and it was a policy they used to reach them in weird places

like on the xbox home screen

he of course has an incentive to overplay his own tactical brilliance, but the PCs certainly acted like they thought it mattered, both in advertising the promise and in really making sure they delivered on it

How the gently caress is that legal

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Enticing people to vote with beer is a venerable political tactic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

flakeloaf posted:

How the gently caress is that legal

Why wouldn’t it be? Campaigns advertise on online services all the time, and beer pricing is something the government does control somewhat. It’s very well done targeted advertising.