Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Al! posted:

my argument that it's not an issue given climate change and also the massive poaching by americans that eclipses chinese poaching (that is somehow not part of this discussion????) for trophies and is part of the general "chinese are amoral devils" lie

all three seem like valid issues to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

Interesting, could there be a foreign policy or ulterior motive why the white media is so focused on China while vietnam is the largest consumer?

why would someone post about Vietnam's poaching problems in the China thread

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Ace of Baes posted:

all three seem like valid issues to me

i also feel that terror kites are a serious issue

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Al! posted:

i also feel that terror kites are a serious issue

are the rhinos dropping white phosphorus on Chinese business men or something?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Ace of Baes posted:

are the rhinos dropping white phosphorus on Chinese business men or something?

you'd think

alsothere
Oct 14, 2014
Taco Defender

Al! posted:

my argument that it's not an issue given climate change and also the massive poaching by americans that eclipses chinese poaching (that is somehow not part of this discussion????) for trophies and is part of the general "chinese are amoral devils" lie

so i know poo poo-all about this subject but i was under the impression most poaching in africa was commited by locals who then sold to outside buyers?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

alsothere posted:

so i know poo poo-all about this subject but i was under the impression most poaching in africa was commited by locals who then sold to outside buyers?

they are! and guess what country is the largest buyer of them (hint: its not china)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

if you need receipts, here are the receipts:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ifaw-pantheon/sites/default/files/legacy/IFAW_TrophyHuntingReport_UK_v2.pdf

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Al! posted:

also the massive poaching by americans that eclipses chinese poaching (that is somehow not part of this discussion????) for trophies

Uh... source? Trophy hunting is reprehensible, but it's also incredibly expensive to do legally. Is this something you just made up?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

Uh... source? Trophy hunting is reprehensible, but it's also incredibly expensive to do legally. Is this something you just made up?

see above, also:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

imagine having to invent the idea that the usa is the biggest killer of endangered species

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

imagine having to invent the idea that the usa is the biggest killer of endangered species

Yeah but that doesn't serve a foreign policy purpose. Demonizing chinese people as cackling, amoral poachers serves a purpose.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Why are they cackling? That seems pretty racist dude.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

my ENTIRE FUCKIN POINT is that its seriously racist to complain about chinese poaching when the usa is literally exponentially the biggest poacher in the world and china doesnt even fuckin make a mark despite being the biggest country in the world by population by far

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
It didn't even matter that China banned trade in Rhino in 1993, white liberals kept on repeating the myth that chinese people were using it for their dick pills (a western use of rhino horn powder, not an eastern one) anyway.

Almost like the issue at play is the western hatred for China and not necessarily anything good or bad that happens there.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

It didn't even matter that China banned trade in Rhino in 1993, white liberals kept on repeating the myth that chinese people were using it for their dick pills (a western use of rhino horn powder, not an eastern one) anyway.

Almost like the issue at play is the western hatred for China and not necessarily anything good or bad that happens there.

wow look at this chinese rhino poaching fan

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Al! posted:

see above, also:

So, uh, was your plan that nobody actually read your source? The vast majority of all imported trophies are black bears from Canada. Rhinos are not anywhere in the top 20, so your source has nothing to say about the topic at hand.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

They literally just lifted the ban lol

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

So, uh, was your plan that nobody actually read your source? The vast majority of all imported trophies are black bears from Canada. Rhinos are not anywhere in the top 20, so your source has nothing to say about the topic at hand.

Yeah American hunters only import 80k black bears a year, truly nothing like the savage Chinese and their *checks notes* 1,352 imports a year

Ace of Baes posted:

They literally just lifted the ban lol

Didn't stop whites from claiming chinese people imported tons of rhino to make their dick pills before the ban was lifted.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Poaching endangered animals is good and if you disagree you're racist.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Ace of Baes posted:

Poaching endangered animals is good and if you disagree you're racist.

Manufacturing consent and the propaganda industrial complex are good, according to american leftists

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

drat you're right, they're not on the threatened taxa list for either the usa or china

i guess rhinos aren't hunted after all and this is just a stupid conversation to have entirely

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Al! posted:

drat you're right, they're not on the threatened taxa list for either the usa or china

i guess rhinos aren't hunted after all and this is just a stupid conversation to have entirely

As long as we both agree that you pulled the "Americans are the REAL rhino killers!" thing entirely out of your rear end.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

lol that the list is in the thousands in the least for the usa but maxes out in the hudreds for china

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

As long as we both agree that you pulled the "Americans are the REAL rhino killers!" thing entirely out of your rear end.

why would i say i pulled something entirely true out of my rear end

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
The media loves to conflate all kinds of bullshit to drive an emotional response, the northern white rhino is functionally extinct but the southern variant has seen its numbers double from 11k to up to 21k from 2001. It's not even considered endangered anymore, which is why the article is careful to not mention that the animal is specifically endangered, or else they would have to address the uncomfortable question about why rich american hunters are shooting them and putting those videos up on youtube for everyone to view.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Al! posted:

why would i say i pulled something entirely true out of my rear end

Cool, now we're back to you needing to provide a source.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

The media loves to conflate all kinds of bullshit to drive an emotional response, the northern white rhino is functionally extinct but the southern variant has seen its numbers double from 11k to up to 21k from 2001. It's not even considered endangered anymore, which is why the article is careful to not mention that the animal is specifically endangered, or else they would have to address the uncomfortable question about why rich american hunters are shooting them and putting those videos up on youtube for everyone to view.

imagine thinking american imperialism is better than chinese imperialism because the chinese kill wildlife in massively fewer proportion

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

imagine thinking american imperialism is better than chinese imperialism because the chinese kill wildlife in massively fewer proportion

you'd think all these irony poisoned smartbois would be better about it since they are able to see through all the domestic media bullshit, but as soon as you start talking about nonwhites in asia they sound virtually identical to pith helmeted colonialists

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Cool, now we're back to you needing to provide a source.

well, the study suggests that the chinese poaching of rhinos per year is less than 2 but the american poaching might be in the hundreds but i guess i dont have another source for you at this time

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

seriously why are you people madder about china killing fewer rhinos than the usa than being mad about the massive ongoing ethnic cleansing of muslums china is doing

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Al! posted:

seriously why are you people madder about china killing fewer rhinos than the usa than being mad about the massive ongoing ethnic cleansing of muslums china is doing

I'm definitely madder about the repression of Muslims than about a thing some guy pulled out of his rear end.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

I'm definitely madder about the repression of Muslims than about a thing some guy pulled out of his rear end.

im also madder about ethnic cleansing than the insane idea that the chinese are wiping out rhinos from hunting instead of americans, welcome friend

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Everyone should be wearing Mao suits all the time.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
ah but have you considered that the USA is also building concentration camps for ethnic minorities

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Ace of Baes posted:

ah but have you considered that the USA is also building concentration camps for ethnic minorities

the usa is also making concentration camps for ethnic minorities. but china has already imprisoned millions for simply praying. im not sure why you would bring up american crimes itt

Graphic
Sep 4, 2018

It's like Lenin said
I'm a brain genius that can be against American imperialism and smoking desiccated tiger penises at the same time. Ask me anything.

Metal Cat
Dec 25, 2017

Metal Cat has issued a correction as of 04:41 on Oct 8, 2021

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

also its peven stan, the literal han chinese supremacist calling other people racist which is pretty lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

it’s good that Chinese markets will hunt rhinos and elephants to extinction, because that’s practically a mercy killing compared to global warming