Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Magitek posted:

Don't be jealous of Toby. The idea that any creative work that isn't phenomenal is worthless is a notion that's been thrown out plenty of times before. It's just a facile view that nothing can stand on its own and must be compared to everything that has ever existed.

I can't tell what linking that clip is supposed to say. :saddowns:

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

I do think there's something amazing about producing a piece of work that resonates with so many people that they start to do their own AU and fanfics off of it.

Whether they're good or not, they seem to be having fun with it, and I see little point or reason for anyone, much less Toby Fox themselves, to hate on people on the internet playing with it and throwing their own ideas into the mix.

Undertale made a point against trying to extract every last drop of content you could out of something, though.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
theyre mad because theyre lame nerds who got offended that their fanfiction got insulted (somehow??)

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

That's an anagram of Hero piety. Amazing!

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

A

TRULY EXCELLENT

snipe.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Ever Disappointing fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Nov 4, 2018

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I don't know why, but the reason for this theory is one of my favorite details in Delta Rune.

There’s just something I like about Kris being a glutton eating all the pie and stealing all his mom's chocolate so she has to lock the door to her room.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Man the battle theme has been reminding of another game ever since I heard it and I think figured it out. It reminds me of a battle theme from one of the Mega Man Battle Network games.

I was getting super strong Persona vibes myself.

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,

McFrugal posted:

If there's some twist with Ralsei it could be that he's not even a real person.
What if the Dark World is a world created from the make-believe wishes of children? Playing pretend with a deck of cards and chess/checkers, or... a headband with red horns on it. Ralsei is who Kris wishes they could be(but you can't choose who you are), while the Card Kingdom is one created by the imagination of all the other kids. Ralsei's kingdom is empty because Kris didn't make up any friends to go along with him. Or maybe it's empty because Kris doesn't have any friends.

Kris discarded the headband. The games got locked up in the unused classroom. The Dark World is sealed away.

Ralsei being the little brother to Asriel that Kris wanted to be before he realized he was a human and the family broke apart actually works really well. That would explain why in the dark world, Kris and Ralsei never separate/act independently while Susie can, but also why Ralsei can't go with them to the town.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

I don't know why, but the reason for this theory is one of my favorite details in Delta Rune.

There’s just something I like about Kris being a glutton eating all the pie and stealing all his mom's chocolate so she has to lock the door to her room.

As Susie hints by mentioning that none of the dark world food 'counts', food incompatibility is an issue in DR as well.

We know from UT that, unlike human food, monster food gets instantly metabolized into energy, which is not the best thing for a growing child.

Kris is having strange cravings and mood swings due to malnutrition

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

GunnerJ posted:

A

TRULY EXCELLENT

snipe.

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Nov 3, 2018

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Tunicate posted:

As Susie hints by mentioning that none of the dark world food 'counts', food incompatibility is an issue in DR as well.

We know from UT that, unlike human food, monster food gets instantly metabolized into energy, which is not the best thing for a growing child.

Kris is having strange cravings and mood swings due to malnutrition

:smith:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Alright I'm 100% sold on Pie Theory now

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tired Moritz posted:

theyre mad because theyre lame nerds who got offended that their fanfiction got insulted (somehow??)

There's a certain segment of the population who seems to be incapable of understanding that not everything is about them. They're interpreting Deltarune as a swipe at AU fanfiction because it happens to be an AU thing and they won't consider for a second that maybe Toby just wanted to write his own story and doesn't actually care about fanfiction enough to comment on it either way. No, it's definitely a deliberate attack on the fan community, or more specifically, me.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

The Cheshire Cat posted:

There's a certain segment of the population who seems to be incapable of understanding that not everything is about them. They're interpreting Deltarune as a swipe at AU fanfiction because it happens to be an AU thing and they won't consider for a second that maybe Toby just wanted to write his own story and doesn't actually care about fanfiction enough to comment on it either way. No, it's definitely a deliberate attack on the fan community, or more specifically, me.

not many creators engage personally with fanworks largely to avoid shitshows like that

the scene's tumultuous enough without someone giving the impression they're playing favorites

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
underfell is garbage tbh

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Gangtag?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
something like this?

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
I noticed something about Jevil's ultimate attack (the light beam one). It won't kill you. It just reduces hp to single digits.
Also I beat him, yay.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Uuuhhh

So I turned on my pc today and the Deltarune .exe is gone

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Watching someone beat Jevil at 2x speed is kinda nuts

https://youtu.be/91AIaUJn5lg

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Uuuhhh

So I turned on my pc today and the Deltarune .exe is gone

Mine hasn't gone anywhere.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I redownloaded the file and installed it in a different folder. My saves appear to be intact.

Weird

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

I redownloaded the file and installed it in a different folder. My saves appear to be intact.

Weird

The saves are probably not actually in the game folder but either in your documents or buried in AppData somewhere (assuming it's a windows machine). That's actually how games are SUPPOSED to work on Windows but a lot of lovely developers over the years have ignored the standard practices and just stuck the save files wherever they felt like.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Weird

I tried something similar. Downloaded a copy and installed it to a different folder to try and test something and it still read the file from the original install location. :shrug:

^^^

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

CJacobs posted:

The worst take is that Susie is a lizard creature when she's pretty clearly meant to be a hippo type thing. How can you look at big strong aggressive bruiser with big stumpy hands, square teeth, purple skin, and a penchant for eating faces and think "lizard"

Johnny Joestar posted:

i don't think susie can be categorized as a specific animal

Your Computer posted:

Susie is clearly a moomin

No Wave posted:

susie is a dinosaur

Wrong.

https://twitter.com/randomferret/status/1058731288205672448?s=19

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

MagusDraco posted:

Watching someone beat Jevil at 2x speed is kinda nuts

https://youtu.be/91AIaUJn5lg

Mine hasn't gone anywhere.

lmao, and here I thought I was just bad at the game when I struggled with that fight.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Asriel comes home from Uni, sees Kris and Susie hanging out. Gets really confused and embarrassed.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Come to think of it I'm surprised using the Spincake didn't have some kind of effect during Jevil's battle, considering how spinning is sorta his thing

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Your Computer posted:

something like this?

Love it.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

lol

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Mother fucker, I haven't played Undertale yet, I haven't finished LISA yet, and I'm still hooked on the postgame content in Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass (another good game that everyone here should play), and now Toby released a sequel to Undertale. I'm up to my eyes in Earthbound-likes, which is a good problem to have.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Nov 3, 2018

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

get that OUT of my face posted:

I haven't played Undertale yet

leave thread

buy game

play

return to thread

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Finished it and read through the thread. Game is good, Pie Theory is good, Susie and Ralsei are very good.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Jade Rider posted:

Finished it and read through the thread. Game is good, Pie Theory is good, Susie and Ralsei are very good.

Kris? Surprisingly evil.

Penultimatum
Apr 2, 2010

Scrree posted:

Ralsei being the little brother to Asriel that Kris wanted to be before he realized he was a human and the family broke apart actually works really well. That would explain why in the dark world, Kris and Ralsei never separate/act independently while Susie can, but also why Ralsei can't go with them to the town.

I had exactly the same thought - it actually works even better because Dreemurs are terrible at coming up with original names- so Kris just rearranged the letters in "Asriel" to make his OC.
Another theory I had is that Ralsei is literally the form that Kris (the "vessel" you're inhabiting) takes in the Dark World, while the red soul that the player controls is in some sort of artificial body - if you look at the status screen right after you fall into the Dark World your title is "Human- body contains a human soul." It would be a great stealth Link to the Past reference, as Link turns into a bunny in the Dark World until you get the Moon Pearl.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Ralsei is my imaginary friend irl, so it doesn't matter to me whether this is also true in the game :colbert:

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Ragnar34 posted:

Ralsei is my imaginary friend irl, so it doesn't matter to me whether this is also true in the game :colbert:

:same:

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Okay guys time for another baseless theory straight from my rear end.

So, remember how the dark world after the spooky bit it was all game and toy themed and when they go back to the real world they just surrounded by a pile of game peices and basically makes things almost feel like an elaborate game of pretend?

My feeling is, in chapter two, "tomorrow", they are going to head back and be unable to enter the dark world in the closet or abandoned classroom. In stead the story will lead us somewhere else to enter it. I'm thinking any of the locked doors we ran into around town are good candidates. Imagine a flower themed dark world in the back of Asgors house. The bunker is weird enough to be either last chapter dark world or secret optional annoying dog dark world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Whoops wrong thread