Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
I'm bringing a battalion to Da Boyz, I've got 5 intercessors with bolt rifles, a squad of vets (with shotguns, storm shields, a terminator with powerfist/melta/flamer, and a frag cannon and infernus bolter) and the 10 with storm bolters. Watch Master, Captain with jump pack, combi-melta and Xenophase blade, chaplain dreadnought.

Combine that with the Space Wolves ally, and I think we have a solid combo of anti-tank, close combat, deep strike and anti-horde.

Gotta find a way to crowbar a storm shield into that storm bolter unit. I'm on exactly 1k points now, so it should be interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Zasze posted:

I saw this being chucked around and the scale looks alot better lined up.

edit: beaten

Alright yeah, that does look pretty good. And goddamn I forgot how bad chaos looked next to primaris, I've been painting tyranids and orks for so long.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

In case anyone was wondering.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

richyp posted:

Good job with the scale creep, Game$ Work$hit

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Can we get an image of that with a Deathwatch Kill Team member as well? I'm curious.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Zasze posted:

I saw this being chucked around and the scale looks alot better lined up.

edit: beaten
Goshdarnit, I just today bought a squad of Devastators as conversion fodder for truscale SMs and they're already starting to redo the existing ranges in a more realistic scale? Curses! Oh well. Presumably they will (eventually) also update the loyalists to be this sort of scale. Unless they're going to handwave it as CSMs are taller than their non-Primaris counterparts since they're of Great Crusade-era stock.

Also I got a box of 4th-ed (or maybe 5th-ed) era Crisis Battlesuit set because it was going for (relatively) cheap. I think I might have a problem.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Yvonmukluk posted:

Also I got a box of 4th-ed (or maybe 5th-ed) era Crisis Battlesuit set because it was going for (relatively) cheap. I think I might have a problem.

Yeah you bought Tau.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Crisis Suits are cool as hell. They've just got garbage points costs.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Yvonmukluk posted:

Goshdarnit, I just today bought a squad of Devastators as conversion fodder for truscale SMs and they're already starting to redo the existing ranges in a more realistic scale? Curses! Oh well. Presumably they will (eventually) also update the loyalists to be this sort of scale. Unless they're going to handwave it as CSMs are taller than their non-Primaris counterparts since they're of Great Crusade-era stock.

I think most of us here would be shocked if GW ever produced a non-primaris loyalist SM kit ever again.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

bonds0097 posted:

I think most of us here would be shocked if GW ever produced a non-primaris loyalist SM kit ever again.

I can see them doing new non-Primaris Grey Knights at some point, but yeah just standard Space Marines seems unlikely.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Digital Jesus posted:

What are your thoughts overall? I just picked up the book, but I’ve been out of the game a long time so dunno how it holds up.

Overall I think it'll be fun to play. I'm disappointed but not surprised that characters on bikes got left behind. Some stuff is still too many points to use, IMO (Stompas, Trukks, and Flashgitz come to mind).

I always was a speed freek type player so I'm hyped about the new buggies but bummed at Evil Sunz having a trash relic and the Wartrike boss not being able to take any of the weapon relics.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

bonds0097 posted:

At this point I would be shocked if GW released a SM model that wasn't a Primaris Lieutenant.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

richyp posted:

Yeah you bought Tau.

Imagine buying those lovely gundams

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

At this point I would be shocked if GW released a SM model that wasn't a Primaris Lieutenant.

Personally I'm looking forward to Codex: Primaris Lieutenants

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Corrode posted:

Imagine buying those lovely gundams

I think you'll find they have more in common with (check's anime sites) Macross/Macros/Marcos.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
Shame about the boss trike not being able to take weapon relics but that is about what I thought would be the case. Guess I'll be sticking with my home built boss on bike.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

richyp posted:

I think you'll find they have more in common with (check's anime sites) Macross/Macros/Marcos.

whatever, weeb

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Just flipped through my ork codex and honestly im a little disappointed there isnt a big spread on the octarius war.

Other than that though it owns.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Corrode posted:

whatever, weeb

Guy Goodbody posted:

Not all anime robots are the same. No reasonable person would mix up a Scopedog with a LFO, or a Patlabor with the Big O

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
I think anime is...weird, but, I also think it would be super funny and great if this thread got moved to the anime subforum for a month (please mods for Christmas)

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Harvey Mantaco posted:

I think anime is...weird, but, I also think it would be super funny and great if this thread got moved to the anime subforum for a month (please mods for Christmas)

I understand this thread isn’t what it once was but openly advocating for its murder is too much.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

richyp posted:

While the larger Tau suits, Crisis Suits and above, take clear design cues from Macross, the Stealth suits actually remind me a lot of the powered armor from the Starship Troopers anime. And their three eye lenses could easily be a reference to the famous three eye lenses on a Scopedog.

It makes sense that the Stealth Suits would visually reference VOTOMS, as the Stealth Suit is the best Tau robot.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Guy Goodbody posted:

While the larger Tau suits, Crisis Suits and above, take clear design cues from Macross, the Stealth suits actually remind me a lot of the powered armor from the Starship Troopers anime. And their three eye lenses could easily be a reference to the famous three eye lenses on a Scopedog.

It makes sense that the Stealth Suits would visually reference VOTOMS, as the Stealth Suit is the best Tau robot.

And which ones are the prepubescent girls?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Booley posted:

And which ones are the prepubescent girls?

I don't think Tau or VOTOMS has any little girl characters. I don't know about Starship Troopers, I haven't seen that.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Guy Goodbody posted:

I don't think Tau or VOTOMS has any little girl characters.

I'm sure you're disappointed.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

richyp posted:

I like to think that the tiny skull on top of his horns is actually a periscope.

VolatileSky
May 5, 2007
i'm gay thx

Serious question! What would you feel comfortable with an opponent of yours classifying these walkers as? They are each 6.5" tall, with the main cylinder circumference just over 2" across (the legs take up about 4-4.5" per side). I considered calling them Onagers, but these are significantly larger.

Ideally I had hoped I'd sized them to be Imperial knight-ish, and the height of Knights seems to be roughly 7". Would classifying them as a pair of Armiger Helverins seem fair?

I have zero experience with Imperial Knights, but I doubt they're close to Questoris and definitely not Dominus. I don't want to be that guy trying to claim his bizarre scratch built stuff is vastly overpowered for its size.

Most of my other stuff I'm just going to call various forms of Grav-Rhinos, but these things I'm not sure on.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.
Yo you put those on a table in front of me and they can be whatever the hell you want them to be: Celestine, a daemon prince, a Primaris Lieutenant.

(But yeah they are roughly an inch taller Armiger scale.)

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
knocked out an RTT win today with PRIMARY DARK ANGELS. Those HQ speeders are pretty cute. Opponents were a pretty competent tau gun line, new orks with like 160 boys, wagon, gorkanaught(still trash), and 3 crusaders+warden knight list.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VolatileSky posted:

Serious question! What would you feel comfortable with an opponent of yours classifying these walkers as? They are each 6.5" tall, with the main cylinder circumference just over 2" across (the legs take up about 4-4.5" per side). I considered calling them Onagers, but these are significantly larger.

Ideally I had hoped I'd sized them to be Imperial knight-ish, and the height of Knights seems to be roughly 7". Would classifying them as a pair of Armiger Helverins seem fair?

I have zero experience with Imperial Knights, but I doubt they're close to Questoris and definitely not Dominus. I don't want to be that guy trying to claim his bizarre scratch built stuff is vastly overpowered for its size.

Most of my other stuff I'm just going to call various forms of Grav-Rhinos, but these things I'm not sure on.

They look like great necromunda terrain

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

VolatileSky posted:

Yeah I could see them as Helvarins.

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.

Naramyth posted:

knocked out an RTT win today with PRIMARY DARK ANGELS. Those HQ speeders are pretty cute. Opponents were a pretty competent tau gun line, new orks with like 160 boys, wagon, gorkanaught(still trash), and 3 crusaders+warden knight list.

Did your ork player teleport the Gorkanaught? Odd that it underperormed if it did.

I’ve got to say that deep striking ork dreads is my new favourite thing. I demolished a resident tau player this morning with a teleporting megadread, 3 deffdreads and some da jumped boyz. Then I shot down his tiger shark fighter bomber with a dakkajet and some tractor cannons. I ground him out for another turn and he quit when I consolidated a dread into his broadside. It was the first loss he had all campaign and he’s already threatened to pull the pin on the whole campaign :D

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

krursk posted:

It was the first loss he had all campaign and he’s already threatened to pull the pin on the whole campaign :D

Tau players, why do they all fit the stereotype so completely :commissar:

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I like to think that the tiny skull on top of his horns is actually a periscope.

It's his actual head

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

The warp works in mysterious ways.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Guy Goodbody posted:

Counterpoint: no one cares.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I know that Conversion Week was last week, but I put together something I'm quite proud of for baby's first conversion. Behold!

I was somewhat disappointed with the rather monopose Primaris Librarian, and I figured I'd try and differentiate my Deathwatch Librarian. My initial thought was to do a weapon swap - I have a Grey Knights sprue lying around which had some spare weapons, so I figured I'd clip off the existing force sword and bodge on one from there. I noticed that there were a few hands holding weapons, but unfortunately that would a bit complex Fortunately I had a spare of Lieutenant Calsius, so I decided to use his handless right arm. It took a bit of wrangling, but I managed to get it to fit with the body. The short swords were a bit too short, and I figured the staff would be a bit unwieldy (and lead to less dynamic poses). The icon and shoulder pad were from the Deathwatch upgrade sprue, naturally (I made sure to leave the backpack to fast - dry fitting showed that I wouldn't be able to get the Deathwatch pad on, otherwise) I think it turned out well - now he looks like he's ready for a sword duel.

Oh, and I noticed something that might be relevant to Aussie/Kiwi goons: Issues of Conquest also have prices in dollarydoos - $19.99 (compared to £7.99) for a standard issue (which actually seems to be better than the exchange rate). So that might be something to keep an eye out for.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

VolatileSky posted:

These are amazing. They remind me of the Bricks from Supreme Commander. Do you have any WiP shots?

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
The traitor guardsmen in Blackstone are 5ppm, further pointing towards points increases for cheap troops in CA. That's one way to buff marines I guess.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

xtothez posted:

The traitor guardsmen in Blackstone are 5ppm, further pointing towards points increases for cheap troops in CA. That's one way to buff marines I guess.

Honestly I loving love these oddball detachments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

xtothez posted:

that robot is loving boss