Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What kind of cocoon are you in right now?
This poll is closed.
bitterness and resentment 501 25.13%
the one from Final Fantasy 13 275 13.79%
buttered mess of resent mints 159 7.97%
TRUEMP 126 6.32%
the liberal media bubble 273 13.69%
hell 660 33.10%
Total: 1994 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Plinkey posted:

a ruined credit score

... Which you're going to get either way, if/when you get anything serious that takes you past your allotment.

Option 1: Pay $506/mo, have to visit the E.R. for anything preexisting, file for bankruptcy if anything new arises, get ruined credit unless fortune smiles on you.
Option 2: Don't pay $506/mo, have to visit the E.R. for anything preexisting, file for bankruptcy if anything new arises, get ruined credit unless fortune smiles on you.

The above is the reality as I understand it. Is there something I'm missing that paying $506/mo unlocks? Perhaps a secret character?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Apraxin posted:

corinthians 2

gently caress off with that Darmok chirsitan code poo poo. I don't know what Corinthians 2 is, and I'm not googling it

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ArfJason posted:

The only hope for you people is if someone somehow invents tweetable SSRIs with a dosage powerful enough to retroactively cure Elliott Smith.

what should i get at the bar OP?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Addamere posted:

No but for real I'm not fakeposting pretending to be denser than I am. What do you actually get for that monthly payment that you wouldn't get if you didn't pay it? It sounds like you have to go to the E.R. anyway for stuff you already know you have, and also for new things that spring up because you'll almost certainly go past your allotment of care and no longer be able to go in with the private insurance route after a single visit. Does the average American seriously just piss away money on the transparently false promise of maybe you'll get some care? Is it an internalized morality thing or something?

Down with this sort of thing.

PPACA grants up to $780 a month for low income folks to put towards insurance, that can lower the cost of a silver plan to $25 a month, or silver w/dependent child to ~$200.

The biggest thing is prescription drugs really. If you're a healthy millennial who doesn't need drugs (ADs, etc) then hey roll the dice, but if you need a prescription with any regularity, insurance is good to have period. Catastrophic medical debt will still happen either way if you have a serious medical event, but insurance will help + actually get you treatment for things like uhhhhhhh cancer and whatnot. Finally, lets say you do break your leg and go to the ER and get a $15000 bill with no insurance or w/e, a lot of states have wage garnishing laws that allow debtors to take money from your check to repay debts on a weekly basis. They don't bill you, they gank it.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

velvet milkman posted:

who is arfjason

Big time video game poster

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

ArfJason posted:

The only hope for you people is if someone somehow invents tweetable SSRIs with a dosage powerful enough to retroactively cure Elliott Smith.

arfjason i took a picture of your house but i accidentally deleted it can you pm me a picture of your house

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

arfjason answer your pms

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

I am immune from lurker mockery, for I am the possessor of both a shiny Gengar AND a shiny Pinsir

Shiny Gengar is nothing to scoff at.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
In fact, i bet you know that most people in this thread don't know what Corinthians 2 is, but you posted that assuming people would google it and be like, oh how clever, well cited bible verse, Apraxin. Making us do the work for your lovely bon mot.

Well gently caress you, Apraxin.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

ArfJason posted:

are u a cop?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Guy Goodbody posted:

gently caress off with that Darmok chirsitan code poo poo. I don't know what Corinthians 2 is, and I'm not googling it

He said it wrong anyway. It's pronounced "two Corinthians", and it is Trump's favourite bible verse.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

arfjason i wont be ignored

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

ArfJason posted:

Shiny Gengar is nothing to scoff at.

pinsir is cooler imho, shiny gengar looks like exactly the loving same

shiny charizard is where its at

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Wear the hat arfjason

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Seriously, should I know or care who this person is?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
oh cool, ArfJason is here

i miss you pulling this same shtick in the Star Citizen thread

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Addamere posted:

He said it wrong anyway. It's pronounced "two Corinthians", and it is Trump's favourite bible verse.

im more of a fan of renovations 4:20

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
2 Corinthians 1 cup

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Pancakes posted:

my love, my one and only

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

twoday posted:

Big time video game poster

2015 was a tough year

edit: stupud stealth edit twoday. please doxx freely

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pancakes posted:

Nothing matters; death is certain.

People and things have exactly as much meaning and value as you ascribe to them.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Plinkey posted:

what should i get at the bar OP?

Man, a French 75 sounds fantastic right now.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Wynona Dryder posted:

are u a cop?

I'm not. Carry on with your weed smoking.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I definitely feel extremely owned that someone thinks this thread is dumb

sure it's dumb, look at who its named after lmao, fat bitch megathred, but it's irresistible too which is why you can't stop posting in it

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

skaboomizzy posted:

oh cool, ArfJason is here

i miss you pulling this same shtick in the Star Citizen thread

I only read the Star Citizen Thread Recap thread, so this guy's gimmick is new to me. No spoilers please! :)

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

ArfJason posted:

b..arf?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

the eye bulge at the end loving gets me every time

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Epic High Five posted:

sure it's dumb, look at who its named after lmao, fat bitch megathred, but it's irresistible too which is why you can't stop posting in it

I can stop posting anytime I want. :colbert:

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

ArfJason posted:

I'm not. Carry on with your weed smoking.

sut

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

pinsir is cooler imho, shiny gengar looks like exactly the loving same

shiny charizard is where its at

Had a beloved shiny growlithe.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

i shall get one and let you know how it is, because i enjoy the alcohol because of trombbbbooo

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
i wish someone could tweet a bunch of mdma into my blood

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

Epic High Five posted:

did u start reading Starfish?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Me, wise poster: "Heh, your thread is dumb and not worth posting in"

You, howling naked man smeared in orange paint: "tturmrmpep TTRUMMM"

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Addamere posted:

I can stop posting anytime I want. :colbert:

you fiend

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Al! posted:

my love, my one and only

I liked your posts more today when you got me to listen to "Science Fiction Double Feature" for 20 minutes straight, but whatever makes you happy makes me happy.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Guy Goodbody posted:

almost makes me want to try software grifting by writing a browser extension that adds the full text of a Bible verse or range of Bible verses, and adds a link instead if it's longer than 240 characters, and charge $10-$1000 per download depending on the IP address. Charge $10, but if it's a Lifeway IP address, market it as corporate industrial software so middle-management can justify it sort of thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Pancakes posted:

a dude who makes thousands-of-lines-of-whitespace posts to make threads he doesn't like unreadable in an attempt to silence them

he doesn't 'get' C-SPAM

• Locked thread