Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

it wont even be poo poo and not poo poo, it'll be poo poo even more poo poo and maybe slightly less poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.

Vasudus posted:

But what if you could elect to do the poo poo ones for say, twice the rep as an easy one?

They’re still too terrible to bother with.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
If you keep the target on low life for 8 seconds, vorici automatically goes to the next level.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?

Vasudus posted:

But what if you could elect to do the poo poo ones for say, twice the rep as an easy one?

I don't not complete the lovely ones because the reward is too low, I don't complete the lovely ones because my builds literally cannot do them in many cases.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
From 3 days /played when I hit 36 to just under 5, just to get two more encounters for encounters IV

But I guess I can finally be done

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
A gigantic guild hideout would be so good, but there'd have to be edit privileges and autobans for swastikas.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
what about a giant swastika made of dicks

is that too much

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Not if you vendor it all afterwards

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ggg got a pretty sweet amount of free advertising today from mad diablo players lol

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
What did blizzard do now?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

instead of announcing d4 or even anything new for d3 they announced a diablo mobile game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab2-WW1skOM

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Bugsy posted:

Didn't announce D4 or D2 remaster which are the fan dreams, or even anything big for D3, but announced a Diablo mobile game.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.

Tenkaris posted:

Didn't announce D4 or D2 remaster which are the fan dreams, or even anything big for D3, but announced a Diablo mobile game.

Diablo mobile game not made by them.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Vasudus posted:

what about a giant swastika made of dicks

is that too much

(whispering) a cockstika

J
Jun 10, 2001

Bugsy posted:

Be too cheap to pickup domain names like http://www.playdiablo4.com/

J
Jun 10, 2001

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Awesome! posted:

instead of announcing d4 or even anything new for d3 they announced a diablo mobile game

What guys guys you didn't want a cell phone game? Are bad. I mean we're still going to do it and you'll still play it but we're totally sorry. (apology will be mealy mouthed pr speak that isn't really an apology) I will say this though it is a Diablo game as opposed to just a Diablo themed game.

Xeras posted:

Diablo mobile game not made by them.

Blizzard is garbage so it'd probably for the best. I mean people still enjoy pretending they're the same company who made Starcraft/Warcraft/Diablo but that doesn't mean they are.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Nov 3, 2018

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I remember when a friend originally got me into POE, he told me it was like a sequel to Diablo 2, but if they made the exact opposite decisions that they did for Diablo 3. I was sold.

(still took me like a whole year to actually get into it though)

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Awesome! posted:

Apparently this is just a reskin of another game called Crusaders of Light too? lol

e: Also KungFu Panda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRCKuX42G04

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-SLvqXyrI4

Kild fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Nov 3, 2018

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1057357649522520064

I'm the "Cancel Diablo 4 Announcement" ✔ right above his arm.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Awesome! posted:

Holy gently caress look at the downvotes :stare:

TheRat fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Nov 3, 2018

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

TheRat posted:

For those not looking the original cinematic has 5.7k likes and 166k dislikes.

Blizzard uploaded the same video again as unlisted and linked that to the Battle.net Launcher and it has 378 likes and 30k dislikes.

The gameplay trailer has 3.6k likes and 77k dislikes.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Imagine reuploading an unlisted video to minimize damage and still get downvoted to hell

J
Jun 10, 2001

TheRat posted:

https://clips.twitch.tv/EmpathicLittleReubenTBCheesePull

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I had this article recommended to me:

Forbes - Everyone Needs To Chill Out About 'Diablo Immortal'

It’s funny how everyone can kind of miss the point. People aren’t frothing mad because a mobile game exists exactly. It’s more that that is your big Blizzcon announcement.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Nov 3, 2018

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Ugato posted:

It’s funny how everyone can kind of miss the point. People aren’t frothing mad because a mobile game exists exactly. It’s more that that is your big Blizzcon announcement.

Yeah, a third party reskin of an existing mobile game is one of those throwaway side announcements, not something that can be the sole announcement for a content-starved franchise.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
First HC league that I made any real headway, and I just ripped my golementalist halfway through 94 because I was trying to get used to new skill hotkeys and missed a slam from Malachai in Core. I had been farming red elder pretty painlessly and just for fun I did guardians + shaper in standard. Minotaur was tough (2nd death), but the other 3 guardians and my first ever shaper kill were pretty easy with this build. I can't bring myself to hawk poe.trade for the Primordial jewels to rebuild this guy.

At this point I don't know what to do. My goal had been to hit 96 on the Golem build but Standard is way too boring. I have a 90 Arc trapper that I could try to push on but I was feeling pretty squishy in delves so I'll probably RIP. I don't think I play enough to level a new char up from scratch this late in the league.

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Ugato posted:

What do people who spend hundreds/thousands of dollars to attend one specific companies 'con deserve?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Carrion Luggage posted:

What do people who spend hundreds/thousands of dollars to attend one specific companies 'con deserve?

a wedgie

Applebee123
Oct 9, 2007

That's 10$ for the spinefund.
Games like overwatch/wow/hots get a constant stream of new heros/events/content, mostly because blizzard monetizes them with loot boxes/subscriptions.

Diablo is pretty much abandoned, seasons get added without even spending the effort to make a handful of new items or any real content of any sort. Seasons are basically identical to the previous season but the season number is one higher and all your stuff is gone, have fun!

Diablo fans were hoping for some kind of announcement which would change this situation.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Applebee123 posted:

Games like overwatch/wow/hots get a constant stream of new heros/events/content, mostly because blizzard monetizes them with loot boxes/subscriptions.

Diablo is pretty much abandoned, seasons get added without even spending the effort to make a handful of new items or any real content of any sort. Seasons are basically identical to the previous season but the season number is one higher and all your stuff is gone, have fun!

Diablo fans were hoping for some kind of announcement which would change this situation.

Gee how did games ever survive without exploiting gambling before? Oh wait I think I know they charged money for some content maybe added a little after that. If they wanted to keep adding content you know what they would do? They're create this weird thing called an expansion. Now for all you young folks expansions were the equivalent of content DLCs. DLCs allowed companies to sell you horse armor (which "only" cost 2.50 hahahahaha) Overwatch is aggressively mediocre poo poo designed to milk players who can't aim of their money through garbage seasonal events. It is not a good game. HOTs tried to be super lovely (rune pages or whatever the equivalent was) but when people got pissed and annoyed they backed off. Oh and WOW? MMORPGS are shallow games that dangle rewards in front of players to get them to play. Oh gently caress I get a mount at x. I can get one that flies at y? Sign me the gently caress up!

Companies can make money without being poo poo but they want all the monies.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Nov 4, 2018

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ugato posted:

I don't know why, but out of all the inane comments in that article, what gets me is the:

quote:

a fan (“fan”)

Yes, because you cannot be a fan if you're not completely devoid of criticism or expectations. A true fan must behave like a crazed all-consuming cultist. If you're not blindly enjoying every announcement a company throws at you, you're a "fan", not a fan.

quote:

Still, I’ll give it a chance. If it sucks, it sucks, and I will tell you it sucks. But I won’t act like a child being purposefully awful to the developer trying to make it work.

The beautiful thing about giving feedback is so a player can prevent it sucking before it sucking, which is good for everyone. It would have prevented, say, FFXIV 1.0. But having some sort of negative reaction to a company deleting feedback en mass and reuploading youtube videos to reset the like bar is no good.

quote:

But I won’t act like a child

That's one article too late.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Nov 4, 2018

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
*etremely malachi voice directed to blizzard*

WHY ARE YOU SO IN LOVE WITH DEATH??

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

D3 fans to blizzard in a piety voice

kill me!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

boredsatellite posted:

D3 fans to blizzard in a piety voice

kill me!

lol

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

Carrion Luggage posted:

I don't know what they deserve (besides a wedgie), but this is more about what didn't happen at Blizzcon.

No splash logo or even concept art they can point to and say, "Yes, we are making Diablo 4. It will come out, eventually."

Diablo 2 Remaster is a bit of a pipe dream, but a believable one. It would make some people insanely happy, and I think most would welcome it because it means they were doing something.

There wasn't even a peep of Diablo 3 news. No new cosmetics, no new class, no discussion about the future of the game. It's like they forgot it exists. They didn't even try to sell the Switch version when it is right there.

No, the entirety of their Diablo news was the mobile game Blizzard didn't even make. And this is what they ended their opening ceremony with. They deserve to get dragged for a bit.

Applebee123 posted:

Here's where Path of Exile's difference shines, and why I think I keep sticking with PoE instead of flipping back to Diablo 3 or trying some of the other games in my list. GGG is still introducing new skills, revamping current ones, and introducing mechanics to make each league unique instead of endless seasons where nothing changes. I did a Triple Herald, Blade Vortex Elementalist for Incusrion league. I'm seriously considering a four-herald version with Herald of Purity for the next league.

The timing for this shitshow couldn't be better for GGG as they start building hype for their new league.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
i beat shaper for the first time :)

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I bought D3 for my Switch. It is a perfect Switch game in that it's kind of fun but also I never want to play it for longer than it takes me to take a dump

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Arrhythmia posted:

Hey grats! That is a super good feeling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Arrhythmia posted:

Congrats, same for me this league with shaper and the red elder

Hopefully I can do the same with uber elder